WISH Away The Pounds No Excuses in November Challenge - Everyone Welcome!

Good morning!

QOTD Wednesday, November 27

Is there a food or foods that you could never live without? Is this something that is a part of your healthy eating plan? Are there any foods that under no circumstances you would absolutely never eat?

I'll be back later for replies. Have a great day!

Jill

Is there a food or foods that you could never live without? Is this something that is a part of your healthy eating plan? Are there any foods that under no circumstances you would absolutely never eat?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Absolutely never eat- meat on the bone of any kind. I am totally okay with it if no bones are involved!

My list of foods that I could not live without used to be a mile long because it was all kinds of foods that I thought I could never live with out, but since I really tried to change my eating habits that list has gotten really really short and the one food now that I really thing I would have a hard time living without would be cheese!;)

Happy Thanksgiving :)
I'm on my phone again so I'll make this quick until later.

QOTD: What are your eating plans for the day? Will you stay on plan no matter what, or will you splurge a little on some not-so-healthy treats? For our foreigners who aren't celebrating Thanksgiving today, what are your dinner plans?

I'll be back after my freezing 5k to reply.

Jill

Good morning all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my US friends!

Sorry I've been MIA since Sunday. I picked up DD at college on Monday and have been right out straight since then with holiday prep, visiting friends, etc.

I hope you all are doing well and everyone is happy and healthy and ready for a great holiday and wonderful weekend ahead!

I am hoping to hop on later this weekend, during some down time and catch up with you all! TTYL.....................P

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

My plan for the day:
Eat well. Don't stuff myself silly. No going back for seconds.
And do 45 min on the dreadmill.

We had a 4.5 mile race today but it was just to darn cold and the winds are wicked today, I opted to skip it. I chickened out! LOL

Sprouts icky....

:rotfl2: Short, sweet, and to the point!

Absolutely never eat- meat on the bone of any kind. I am totally okay with it if no bones are involved!

This is interesting to me because my husband is the same way!

My list of foods that I could not live without used to be a mile long because it was all kinds of foods that I thought I could never live with out, but since I really tried to change my eating habits that list has gotten really really short and the one food now that I really thing I would have a hard time living without would be cheese!;)

Mmmmmmm....cheese :)

Good morning all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my US friends!

Sorry I've been MIA since Sunday. I picked up DD at college on Monday and have been right out straight since then with holiday prep, visiting friends, etc.

I hope you all are doing well and everyone is happy and healthy and ready for a great holiday and wonderful weekend ahead!

I am hoping to hop on later this weekend, during some down time and catch up with you all! TTYL.....................P

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with your family :)

Happy Thanksgiving all! :goodvibes:

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

My plan for the day:
Eat well. Don't stuff myself silly. No going back for seconds.
And do 45 min on the dreadmill.

We had a 4.5 mile race today but it was just to darn cold and the winds are wicked today, I opted to skip it. I chickened out! LOL

Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy your day :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope everyone is enjoying their day and not eating too much :)

After the freezing (19 degrees with wind chill of 7) 5k, we headed to Dunkin Donuts for a quick breakfast as we were starving! I think I did ok there...I avoided donuts! I came home to sleep and now I am awake because my dog did not realize I was in the house and when she found me, she was way too excited and woke me up. DH and the boys are at his grandmas and I am getting ready to head out shopping even though I bought everything I needed online. It's just a sister tradition so we are going to head out after the "doorbuster" crowds disperse :thumbsup2

I am going to leave the QOTD for tomorrow and you can just share how your Thanksgiving was. I'll definitely be sleeping most of the morning tomorrow :)

Jill

......ME:goodvibes
(THIS IS A "SNEAK PREVIEW" of what I will be posting on my 'San Fran, Rose Bowl' weight loss /travel blog next week that u c listed in my signature below)

"BEFORE" July 2013

(pic taken Sept 2012)

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **
FYI- The tour Guide picked 2 people outta the group for this & I am the 2nd one u will see on the video)

the above video was me 'attempting' to do an impromptu weather forcast while I was up in NYC last year....
Hmmm.....I do not think Mr Roker has any worries!!:lmao:

ANYWHO -
while I was in Ireland:

(HEY....LUV THE HAT!!)

When I was at WDW 2012

NOW.......
READY???
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!

and -

(pic taken just 3 days ago)

This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge:

1) my weight loss.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months.:woohoo:

Made goal this week - BARELY but I made it.

Hope all had a safe and wonderful Turkey Day.:goodvibes

*** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF MY LIFESTYLE CHANGE ***

TTFN:yay:
&
Cheers

......ME:goodvibes (THIS IS A "SNEAK PREVIEW" of what I will be posting on my 'San Fran, Rose Bowl' weight loss /travel blog next week that u c listed in my signature below) "BEFORE" July 2013 http://s608.photobucket.com/user/knewton64/media/DSC043981_zpsad082e1f.jpg.html (pic taken Sept 2012) http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt165/knewton64/MOV043871_zps75a1dce7.mp4 ** JUST DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U ** FYI- The tour Guide picked 2 people outta the group for this & I am the 2nd one u will see on the video) the above video was me 'attempting' to do an impromptu weather forcast while I was up in NYC last year.... Hmmm.....I do not think Mr Roker has any worries!!:lmao: ANYWHO - while I was in Ireland: http://s608.photobucket.com/user/knewton64/media/IRELANDPICS-JUNE2011075_zpsc75c7a6d.jpg.html (HEY....LUV THE HAT!!) When I was at WDW 2012 http://s608.photobucket.com/user/knewton64/media/WDWVACATION-OCT2010286_zpsdb80cec6.jpg.html NOW....... READY??? DRUM ROLL PLEASE!! http://s608.photobucket.com/user/knewton64/media/DSC043801_zps49fd13b4.jpg.html and - http://s608.photobucket.com/user/knewton64/media/DSC043751_zps532e4d3b.jpg.html (pic taken just 3 days ago) This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge: 1) my weight loss.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months.:woohoo: Made goal this week - BARELY but I made it. Hope all had a safe and wonderful Turkey Day.:goodvibes *** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF MY LIFESTYLE CHANGE *** TTFN:yay: & Cheers

Congrats to you, that is amazing! You are an inspiration!

I think I did fairly well with the eating and drinking yesterday, all things considered. I ate breakfast very early at JFK and then I brought healthy snacks for the plane ride to LAX. We had a healthy late lunch, then I didn't overstuff myself at all. I did indulge in some pineapple champagne (so good)! But I switched to water at dinner and didn't have any more the rest of the night.

This morning, I got a good walk in with my brother and his dog, and I had a healthy breakfast. I'm going to do my best not to overindulge these next few days, even at DLR on Tuesday! :)

(THIS IS A "SNEAK PREVIEW" of what I will be posting on my 'San Fran, Rose Bowl' weight loss /travel blog next week that u c listed in my signature below)

"BEFORE" July 2013

(pic taken Sept 2012)

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **
FYI- The tour Guide picked 2 people outta the group for this & I am the 2nd one u will see on the video)

the above video was me 'attempting' to do an impromptu weather forcast while I was up in NYC last year....
Hmmm.....I do not think Mr Roker has any worries!!:lmao:

ANYWHO -
while I was in Ireland:

(HEY....LUV THE HAT!!)

When I was at WDW 2012

NOW.......
READY???
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!

and -

(pic taken just 3 days ago)

This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge:

2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months.:woohoo:

*** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF MY LIFESTYLE CHANGE ***

&
Cheers

That is amazing!!! What a transformation!!! You are a weight-loss rock star!!

Evening all! Forgive me for any typos, but I am attempting to use my new iPad keyboard. I was convinced that I would love it, but so far I'm not sure... and of course, being that I am so cheap, I bought it used, so no returning it. But I'm sure it is just a learning curve.

I've had a really wonderful two days of Thanksgiving. Eating was a bit more controlled yesterday, but overall I did amazingly well both days!! So proud of myself and glad that I have learned such great self-control around a wide variety of goodies! I just have to keep remembering that great quote....

"Don't give up what you want the most for what you want right now." That has been my manatra the past few days and it has really helped me !! I KNOW I want ______________ (fill in the blank with the current food tempting you right now) really badly now, but overall, for my life, I want to stay slim and healthy! II'm thinking of the long-term good, rather than the short-term goodies.

It's late and I promised to play a game of cards with the kids, so I'll dash for now, but I'm hoping to get back and answer some of the QOTD to get caught up!! Hugs to you all!..........P

I've missed too many days on here! This month was a pretty successful failure for me, as I expected it would be. The cruise added 7 lbs to me for the first time ever. Usually, I gain 3-4 and I drank mostly water and ate less bread this time and definitely less ice cream. Oh well. What's done is done. Next month will be better.

&
Cheers

Wow! What a transformation! Congratulations on all your hard work and of course your success!!

I think I did fairly well with the eating and drinking yesterday, all things considered. I ate breakfast very early at JFK and then I brought healthy snacks for the plane ride to LAX. We had a healthy late lunch, then I didn't overstuff myself at all. I did indulge in some pineapple champagne (so good)! But I switched to water at dinner and didn't have any more the rest of the night.

This morning, I got a good walk in with my brother and his dog, and I had a healthy breakfast. I'm going to do my best not to overindulge these next few days, even at DLR on Tuesday! :)

Good job with your plan :thumbsup2 I have never had pineapple champagne and it sounds yummy. Have a great trip to DLR!

Evening all! Forgive me for any typos, but I am attempting to use my new iPad keyboard. I was convinced that I would love it, but so far I'm not sure... and of course, being that I am so cheap, I bought it used, so no returning it. But I'm sure it is just a learning curve.

I've had a really wonderful two days of Thanksgiving. Eating was a bit more controlled yesterday, but overall I did amazingly well both days!! So proud of myself and glad that I have learned such great self-control around a wide variety of goodies! I just have to keep remembering that great quote....

"Don't give up what you want the most for what you want right now." That has been my manatra the past few days and it has really helped me !! I KNOW I want ______________ (fill in the blank with the current food tempting you right now) really badly now, but overall, for my life, I want to stay slim and healthy! II'm thinking of the long-term good, rather than the short-term goodies.

It's late and I promised to play a game of cards with the kids, so I'll dash for now, but I'm hoping to get back and answer some of the QOTD to get caught up!! Hugs to you all!..........P

Glad you're having a nice holiday with your family. That's a great quote and I'll be sure to remember it as we eat Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

I've missed too many days on here! This month was a pretty successful failure for me, as I expected it would be. The cruise added 7 lbs to me for the first time ever. Usually, I gain 3-4 and I drank mostly water and ate less bread this time and definitely less ice cream. Oh well. What's done is done. Next month will be better.

I wouldn't say this month is a failure. You definitely were more aware of your eating and water intake which is a success to me. Don't worry about a gain and like you said, just move it along to next month. I'm sure the gain will drop quickly now that you are home and ready to get back to a routine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still slow around here which must mean that everyone is enjoying their holiday. Did anyone do any Black Friday shopping and score any good deals? I did a lot of shopping online for my kids this year. My sister and I shopped from about 8 pm Thursday night until 8 am this morning. We hit lots of stores, got some decent deals, and laughed a lot. I also know we walked A LOT and wish I could add all those minutes to my November exercise challenge :rotfl2:

Oh, I have to run. I am making desserts for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and my bundt cake is done. I'll check back in the morning. Have a great night!

Jill

. Don't worry about a gain and like you said, just move it along to next month. I'm sure the gain will drop quickly now that you are home and ready to get back to a routine. Jill

Well, right after tonight's dinner at the Melting Pot! But then it gets serious after that!

Congrats Knewton!! Great pictures. :)

I got glutened earlier this week from cross contaminated vegetable broth and it has been unfun. Oh well. Still got my mile in every day, and planning to hit the Y hard to finish out the month. Also had to come to terms with the fact that even if I have a great December I am going to finish the year up a few pounds--for I think the 2nd or third year in a row. :( Still down over 25 pounds from where I started in 2010. I have to keep telling myself that. I don't want to quit. But sometimes I do...if that makes sense. And sometimes I want to just quit and start over in January. But I think that's a bad decision too.

So taking one more day (today) to just kind of wallow in it (haha) and then going to make a plan for December. :)

Well, right after tonight's dinner at the Melting Pot! But then it gets serious after that!

:rotfl2: Yummy! Enjoy :)

Congrats Knewton!! Great pictures. :)

I got glutened earlier this week from cross contaminated vegetable broth and it has been unfun. Oh well. Still got my mile in every day, and planning to hit the Y hard to finish out the month. Also had to come to terms with the fact that even if I have a great December I am going to finish the year up a few pounds--for I think the 2nd or third year in a row. :( Still down over 25 pounds from where I started in 2010. I have to keep telling myself that. I don't want to quit. But sometimes I do...if that makes sense. And sometimes I want to just quit and start over in January. But I think that's a bad decision too.

So taking one more day (today) to just kind of wallow in it (haha) and then going to make a plan for December. :)

Sorry you weren't feeling so well. Down 25 pounds from a few years ago is awesome. I think most people (if not all) have experienced what you're feeling. I know I have. Sometimes is such hard work and you just feel like you need a break. Just don't break for the whole month of December. I know you can do it! You'll do great in December :)

Jill

Good Morning! It's the FINAL day of November :) Here's your friendly reminder to send in your weight. Thanks to Amanda for hosting November's challenge. We appreciate all the hard work!

QOTD Saturday, November 30

How was your November? In what areas were you successful? Is there anything you need to work on in December?

I'll be on later today/tonight after a soccer game and my family's Thanksgiving dinner :thumbsup2

Jill

Hope everyone had an awesome turkey day and is doing well! I had a fine day, not great (which I attribute to trying to fit in visiting both families, watching the Cowboys game, and get out there for Black Friday shopping- um Gray Thursday?) but I did manage to eat only enough (well maybe a little more than "enough") but not overeat and stayed within my calorie range :cool1: Had to work Friday and have to get the house clean this weekend... DD is turning 7 on Monday! Just gonna have family over on Mon night for cake and presents, will have a bday party next Sat.... Taking her, DS, and a handful of friends to see the movie Frozen, very excited about that!

Anyway, yes, please send in those weights! I will wait until tomorrow to update :)

Sorry that you were not feeling well Rose, but glad you are going to have a plan in place for Dec! 25 lbs IS amazing, I know it doesn't feel great to be up any lbs, but your accomplishments are amazing! You are persistant and can keep it up :goodvibes

Knewton - Great pics, amazing transformation!

Pam - I hope you are having an amazing time with your DD!

QOTD - I was successful in stayin OP for the majority of the month, though I do need to work on upping and changing up my exercise. I also think I did well by not feeling guilty when I ate something high in calories, I simply told myself I was giving my metabolism a boost and moved on! I still need to work on changing my relationship with food, and not thinking of myself as "dieting." I am proud of all the times I went to exercise, and the fact that I returned to my Mon and Wed night zumba classes, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I had gone! But I have missed my weekend hike for the past 2 weeks in a row! I WILL go tomorrow and start Dec off right!

Ok everyone! We have completed our month! Congrats to all the losers and goodbye to all the pounds we lost! Let's keep it up through the holidays and finish the year strong :thumbsup2 It was wonderful hostessing and seeing all the progress everyone made... I didn't quite make my goal but I very pleased with what I have accomplished. Can't wait to get going in December :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter