WISH Away The Pounds No Excuses in November Challenge - Everyone Welcome!

araes2102

DIS Veteran
We have No Excuses this November! Let's keep it going through the holidays everyone!

Welcome to WISH Away the Pounds--No Excuses in November 2013 edition!

Please read the complete instructions in post 2, and then let me know if you have any questions.
The philosophy behind our new challenge: small achievable goals. One month at a time, one week at a time, one day at a time, one bite at a time.
Results will be posted as a % lost (pounds) towards monthly goal.

Thanks to Rose&Mike for creating our new challenge format which has been a great success! :thanks:

Weigh in Days--Weight Loss
PM Weight to araes2102
November 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
November 8
November 15
November 22
November 30 (last chance)

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100%WISH green

Weigh in Days--Maintainers:
November 1 (pm starting weight, maintain range, and goal for the month; 145, range 141-149, goal 4 weeks)
November 8
November 15
November 22

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

Welcome to No Excuses in November WISH Away the Pounds—November 2013 Edition
Losers and Maintainers welcome!

Quick overview:
Weigh in days
November 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
November 8
November 15
November 22

Pm weights to araes2102

How the challenge works:
This is the new and improved challenge that replaces the BL challenges. Like the show has evolved, so have our challenges and this format takes the best of that long standing tradition and makes it even better! ::yes::

The goal of the new challenge is to meet your weight loss/maintain goals on a monthly basis. Results will be posted as percentages toward goal and your color will change as you approach your goal, similar to the exercise thread on the WISH boards. It is the hope that this new format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

It is up to the hostess each month as to whether she wants to have coaches/Question of the day, mini-challenges, etc. It is her month, so she can choose to handle it how she wants.

Heres how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it) except the hostess for the month. NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Let me repeat: NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL. A loss is a loss is a loss. Your color will change based on your % lost toward goal.

On November 1st you will pm araes2102 (hostess for November) your starting weight AND your goal for the month. On Friday November 8, November 15, November 22, and Saturday November 30 you can pm araes2102 an updated weight. On Monday nights the thread will be updated with percentage toward goal.

Here is an example of what the stats will look like.

Updated January 7, 2013
Minnie Mouse 25.00 %
Daisy Duck 12.00 %
Goofy 0.00
%
Donald Duck 33.33 %
Mickey Mouse 40.00 %

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--ALMOST THERE!
100%WISH green

In this case Goofy, put on a few pounds, but that will be reported as 0%. We are not going to call people out, but just report positive moves towards your goal!

Minnie Mouse had a starting weight of 110 with a goal of 4 pounds. At her weigh in she reported a weight of 109 with a percentage loss of 25%.

Your color will change based on your % loss. If you gain, your percentage will decrease, and your color will change, but no one will know your weight except the hostess. Only your % loss toward goal will be reported. Negative percentages will not be reported

Participants (other than the hostess) will not know your pound lost goal or actual weight unless you choose to share it with them.

Maintainers will set a goal for the month of number of weeks they would like to stay in maintain range (+/- 4 pounds).
They will weigh in on the first day of the month and then on each of the weekends. Their results will be reported as percentages along with their goal.

For example:
Pluto 1/4 25%.

Pluto has a goal of maintaining all four weeks. He put on 1 pound at the first weigh in, but is in his maintain range.

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

It really is pretty simple. Remember, no one will see your weight or pound loss goal except the hostess unless you choose to share it.

Percentage loss will be updated once a week. If you miss sending in your weight over the weekend, no big deal, just send an update the following weekend. Please understand that this is a volunteer job and the hostess will only be updating once a week.

Hopefully I have answered all of your questions.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing everyone meet their healthy living goals!

Participant List

Losers
aamomma
araes2102 90%
BernardandMissBianca
bigsis1970 29%
DisneyJillian18 12%
dreamseeker9 60%
Eliza32 40%
Flossbolna 56%
huckleberrykate 136%
jillbur 55%
jsmith654 104%
keenercam 10%
knewton64 107%
lisah0711 27%
lisateaches 26%
mainemooncat 68%
myweegirls 27%
Ohana 4
ohMom 85%
patfan
plutobaby
Rose&Mike 80%
RoyalMom 160%
StacyMarie
sugarnspicex4 33%

Maintainers
AlreadyexcitedGrammy

Coaching Schedule

We will have coaches for this challenge. Coaches post the Question of the Day (QOTD), do replies, and generally keep our conversation moving. Coaching is a lot of fun and coaches often enjoy what we call "the coaching effect" and have a great loss the weeks that they coach. It is a lot of fun! :cool2:

Here is the coaching schedule for November. I shortened the coaching time to five days to give us a little more variety and make it easier on our coaches who do so much for us. :flower3:

These challenges are "run" by volunteers and it takes everyone participating to make a successful challenge.

11/01 - 11/05
11/06 - 11/10 donac (Dona)
11/11 - 11/15 lisah0711 (Lisa)
11/16 - 11/20 DisneyJillian18 (Jillian)
11/21 - 11/25 Rose&Mike (Rose)
11/26 - 11/30 jillbur (Jill)

Thanks to all who have volunteered to coach! :thanks:

Future Challenges

We've had a great year so far with our new WATP challenge format. :goodvibes We launched a new challenge format, had lots of lovely hostesses helping us along the way, and even had hostesses from Europe all summer which is a first for any WISH challenge that I know of. :cool2:

But these challenges don't run themselves -- it takes a lot of effort from everyone especially our hostesses. :flower3: One of the reasons we switched to the monthly format was to avoid hostess burnout. We need hostesses for future challenges. Any volunteers? :hmghost:

Future challenge hostesses:
December 2013 flossbolna (Magdalene)
January 2014 lisah0711 (Lisa)
February 2014
March 2014 Eliza32 (Helen)
April 2014

Sorry for the delay in getting this up all! Been swamped over here! Anyway, looking forward to a GREAT month... and doing my best to stay away from the Halloween candy tonight! Don't forget to PM me in the next day or two and I will create our Participant List this weekend!

Also, PLEASE let me know of any volunteers/updates to add to the coaches and hosts lists!

I'm in! This will be my first WISH weight challenge, I'm excited! I've had a great October, lost 10 pounds. I'm very motivated to lose more before I visit my brother in LA for Thanksgiving and go to Disneyland for the very first time! :)

count me in for November!!:goodvibes

Made goal for last week -:thumbsup2

P.S. Be on the lookout for Ladybug!! She has now lost 1.9 pounds!!:thumbsup2

Very proud of her!! - her goal this month?? - lose 1-2 more pounds.::yes::

T.T.F.N.

Hi Amanda, thank you for hostessing our November challenge!! After a not so great October I am hoping for a better month in November - despite all the challenges this month will bring with it with three weekends with visitors or me being away and my birthday and moving house and a lot of stress at work. This will be a challenge for me!!

So I am going to set a small goal for the month - and hope that it is realistic enough that I have a chance to see lime green at the end of the month!

I'm here, I"m here!! Thanks for posting this! I'm ready to start the holiday season off right!

I would be HAPPY to coach this month! How about 11/6 - 11/10?? Let me know if that is good!

Off to get DS out the door so I can finish packing!..................P

I'm here!! Can't wait to start November off right after a little bit too much candy last night! Time to start the calorie counting this morning! I am really excited to see there November takes everyone, and I am really hoping to make my goal!!! It's going to be rough but I've got a great support team!

Today is my Dad's birthday, so we will be celebrating with him over the weekend. Hoping to not go overboard with the unhealthy foods!
Have a great Friday everyone!!

Morning again! DS is off to school and I had a few minutes to play with, so I decided to start November off on the BEST POSSIBLE step....so I am enjoying one of my "change-it-up" breakfast bowls with caramelized onions, roasted eggplant, egg whites, and extra light cheddar. It is DELICIOUS and a crazy large portion for very few Points! Once I am digested a bit, I have told myself that I WILL head outside to walk (despite the rain and wind) and will do AT LEAST my planned mile. Then back for showering, dressing, and last minute packing!

I didn't have a loss this week, but I think it is because I didn't eat enough most days. I know that sounds silly, but I was rather busy and it was 9pm many days when I realized that I had many Points left over. I try not to eat that late, so other than a handful of nuts on Wednesday, most days I just left the calories on the table (so to speak).

That being said, I'm sure I'll have NO PROBLEM getting all of my calories consumed this weekend! :rotfl:

Dishwasher is chugging along, washing machine is nearly finished, and it is finally getting a bit lighter out. No clothes on the line today in the rain.... in fact, I may be done with the clothesline for the season. BOTH of yesterday's loads just hung there all day with NO sunshine and NO breezes and after going to the trouble of hanging them out, I had to put them in the dryer any how. :mad:

I need to plan and pack tonight's airport "picnic". I roasted some eggplant yesterday with the intention of making a batch of my roasted eggplant spread for my sandwich, but I used a bunch of the eggplant for breakfast, so I may have to change that plan. Tonight might end up being turkey and greens on a low carb roll.

Time to get moving! I'll pop on here one more time before I head out later if I can. If not, I hope EVERYONE has a marvelous start to their November!.....P

Hellohellohello!!!! I'm definitely back in for November. :thumbsup2 Thanks for hosting Amanda. :love: I'll shoot for another 3 this month and hopefully won't be battling with a scale that seems to have a mind of it's own. :lmao:

Oh wait, there's that Food & Wine trip coming up next week!! DH and I leave next Thursday morning and come back Monday evening, and we're both running the Wine & Dine half marathon on Saturday night. That'll offset some of the Food & Wine indulgences, but I know I'll need to watch it so I don't go overboard after the race!

Definitely planning on keeping up with the November thread, although I may plead amnesty on catching up for the days we're at WDW!

XO
Liz

I dragged this over from last month so let me just say "See ya next weekend Liz and Rose!" :yay: :woohoo: And yes, I'm also going to ask for leniency for the W&D weekend! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Thanks for hostessing this month, Amanda! :thanks:

I will be happy to coach 11/11-11/15. :goodvibes

Looking forward to a great November. ::yes::

Hi, Amanda! Thanks for hosting the November challenge! I am in and will send you a PM.

Lisa - Thank you so much for hosting October. Hugs, my friend! :hug:

Thanks so much for taking on November! I am sure we will need each other this month going into the holidays. I am in and will send a PM now. Good luck to everyone - I am not often able to post but I read as much as I can and love all the support here. :)

I'm back as well. Not going too drastic on this month's goal. So far, I have lost 13 in Sept and 10 in Oct. This month's goal is only 5 because we'll be on a 7 night cruise aboard the Disney Wonder mid-month.
Still looking forward to losing though!!!

I'm in for November please.
Still no laptop so no smilies or anything in my messages :(

Will PM details but I've decided on a smaller target for Nov as it's my 50th on 15th, so after I've done my 1st ever 10K on 17th I intend to pig out a bit!!!!!! Nothing too drastic, but planning for some cake and chocolate for sure!!

My race number and timing tag thingy came this week. I am number 12134........scary that there will be that many runners....I'm used to running in a group of around 300!

Big thanks to Lisa for hosting October...good luck everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter