• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds **Maddening March Challenge** All Welcome

I came looking for the april thread too! thanks pam for being up on that!

Good morning, everyone! Happy April! I've got the windows open and boy is it grand! Sorry for the absence - it was QUITE a long weekend, but I'll get to that.

bigsis1970, Sending good vibes your way during this trying time with your Gram.

Pamela, congrats on your daughter's interview and fingers crossed that Also, I can't believe you are juicing again! You are so strong!

Flossbolna, hope the chicken skin cream is working for you! It is definitely working on my arms, and this week I hope to start using it on my legs. I'm trying to find a body wash that might have the same stuff in it so that I can put it on in the shower and be done with it!

Amanda, your wedding photos look absolutely wonderful! Not only do you look stunning, but more importantly, you look SO happy! Congrats!!!

Raenstoirm, congrats on moving those beads!!! What a cool way to track progress!

I, for one, am very happy to start April. I'm four weeks away from finishing Power90, and good riddance! While it definitely kickstarted my weight loss, I am ready for a new exercise routine! I bought P90x3 today, which is like p90x, but only 30 minutes long. The routines change week to week and that makes me SO excited! I plan on doing the "Lean" routine once, and if I like it when I'm done, I'll go back and do the "Classic" routine to build a little more muscle.

Unfortunately, I need a Pull-up bar, which I'm not super excited about haha

Especially with the impending move to Boston, I need a routine that I can stick to and can get done early with no excuses!

This weekend was tough - my friend is in a bad place right now, and it was devastating to see that there was little I could do to help her. Of course, that meant my eating was horrible, as I couldn't just say - its great that you want to sit here and eat burritos and chinese food and candy, but I'm gonna go out and pick up a salad. She needed all the comfort she could get, so I felt I needed to be there for her in that way, too. But, yesterday, I was back on plan, and could physically feel a difference in my body - especially in my stomach, oh man! It is always amazing to me when I go back to my old habits - how it never feels good afterwards. My body just simply rejects it and I feel AWFUL. So, thank you, body, for helping me make good decisions!

As far as hosting goes, I'm scheduled for May, so if you need me to step in for April, I'd be happy to! Then if our upcoming host comes back, she can continue the month or swap with me for May. Just let me know whatever I can do to help. :)

This week I'm working from home - my parent's home, since most of the office is away, it becomes a bit of a staycation for me, too! I started off simple last night with the cooking, and just made some whole wheat pasta with a heart healthy sauce. Tonight my friend is coming over for a WW friendly meal, so I'm cooking a skinny chicken cordon bleu! Fingers crossed I don't burn the house down! :rotfl2:

Happy April to all and I hope you are all having the nice weather we are!!

Sorry everyone for leaving my coaching spot the last few days of March!!!

I am in a funky mood at the moment as all movement on the scale is in the wrong direction. And that with me being really good about tracking everything, staying in my weekly points and exercising. I can see changes on my body from the workouts - but I can't believe that I have built up 2 pounds of muscle in the last two weeks - or even more in case I have lost fat. It's just soooo frustrating. However, the only thing I know that I can do to get the scale moving is keep doing what I do right now. :confused3 Everything else is truly not going to make it any better. I keep hoping for my body to adjust and then start burning away those fat deposits...

Pam, that would be great if you can start the new thread!!

Good morning, everyone! Happy April! I've got the windows open and boy is it grand! Sorry for the absence - it was QUITE a long weekend, but I'll get to that.

Hope your time away from us was good! Lucky you on the open windows!

Pamela, congrats on your daughter's interview and fingers crossed that Also, I can't believe you are juicing again! You are so strong!

It really isn't so bad (the juicing)..... as long as I don't let myself get too hungry. And I KNOW that my body is healing and getting stronger with all of the great nutrients I'm pouring into it, so it isn't soo hard if I think about it that way. I'm trying for a 3 day juice fast this time.

I, for one, am very happy to start April. I'm four weeks away from finishing Power90, and good riddance! While it definitely kickstarted my weight loss, I am ready for a new exercise routine! I bought P90x3 today, which is like p90x, but only 30 minutes long. The routines change week to week and that makes me SO excited! I plan on doing the "Lean" routine once, and if I like it when I'm done, I'll go back and do the "Classic" routine to build a little more muscle.

Unfortunately, I need a Pull-up bar, which I'm not super excited about haha

Your are a BEAST (in the best way, of course! ;)) !!

Especially with the impending move to Boston, I need a routine that I can stick to and can get done early with no excuses!

This weekend was tough - my friend is in a bad place right now, and it was devastating to see that there was little I could do to help her. Of course, that meant my eating was horrible, as I couldn't just say - its great that you want to sit here and eat burritos and chinese food and candy, but I'm gonna go out and pick up a salad. She needed all the comfort she could get, so I felt I needed to be there for her in that way, too. But, yesterday, I was back on plan, and could physically feel a difference in my body - especially in my stomach, oh man! It is always amazing to me when I go back to my old habits - how it never feels good afterwards. My body just simply rejects it and I feel AWFUL. So, thank you, body, for helping me make good decisions!

Sometimes we just need to sacrifice ourselves and our needs for a friend. Sounds like you did that, but glad you are back on plan!

As far as hosting goes, I'm scheduled for May, so if you need me to step in for April, I'd be happy to! Then if our upcoming host comes back, she can continue the month or swap with me for May. Just let me know whatever I can do to help. :)

I'll start the April thread if I don't see one by about 1pm here. I'll go ahead and take over for April if need be and we'll keep you in for May if that is okay with your schedule, but thanks for being flexible!

This week I'm working from home - my parent's home, since most of the office is away, it becomes a bit of a staycation for me, too! I started off simple last night with the cooking, and just made some whole wheat pasta with a heart healthy sauce. Tonight my friend is coming over for a WW friendly meal, so I'm cooking a skinny chicken cordon bleu! Fingers crossed I don't burn the house down! :rotfl2:

Happy April to all and I hope you are all having the nice weather we are!!

Good luck with the cooking. Just don't get distracted and burn stuff like I do and you will be great! Share the recipe if you like it!

Sorry everyone for leaving my coaching spot the last few days of March!!!

I am in a funky mood at the moment as all movement on the scale is in the wrong direction. And that with me being really good about tracking everything, staying in my weekly points and exercising. I can see changes on my body from the workouts - but I can't believe that I have built up 2 pounds of muscle in the last two weeks - or even more in case I have lost fat. It's just soooo frustrating. However, the only thing I know that I can do to get the scale moving is keep doing what I do right now. :confused3 Everything else is truly not going to make it any better. I keep hoping for my body to adjust and then start burning away those fat deposits...

Pam, that would be great if you can start the new thread!!

Sorry you've been in a funk. I can TOTALLY relate! Since the Christmas holiday I had been steadily gaining just a bit at a time, nearly every week. And I didn't feel like I was doing anything different than I have been for years, so it was SUPER aggravating, frustrating and ALARMING!! Recommitting to a much healthier life with the weight loss chart and the juicing seems to have helped. And now on to an April full of possibilities!!

Okay friends.... I'm here and I'll give it another hour before I put up an official April challenge thread. Gotta give our missing friend a few hours any how! My guess is, that since she hasn't participated actively for over a month, that she just totally forgot that she volunteered for April. But I did send her a PM, so we'll give her a bit of time. But I want the April thread posted before I head to WW tonight.

Off to ready for lunch and my meeting tonight!..........P

can we join April???? Really need some help

Of course you can! You are welcome to pop in on the April challenge, introduce yourself, and get started on a healthier life! Come join us!...........P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter