• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds **Maddening March Challenge** All Welcome

Thanks so much Magdalene for taking my coaching spot!

My Gram is still hanging in there.. she is up to 6 doses of morphine a day, still mostly non verbal, eating about 4-5 bites/sips a day, bedsores getting bigger by the minute! No way to be left living but her will must be strong! so for the rest of us that means we are all just in a holding pattern, knowing it's coming but who knows when it'll be.. and for me it means still eating sort of cruddy - too many carbs.. I have only made it Zumba this week for working out.. still feeling rundown and tired . I am just worn out.. so maybe I am not sleeping as good as I think . Oh well..

I hope all you ladies have a strong finish and I'll see you on the next thread but will might just be a drop by poster vs. being in the challenge.. Michelle

God, just talking about it is making me hungry. Next month (which is coming up SO SO soon) is when I start healthy cooking (rather than just buying frozen meals).

At first I was really hesitant, but after my one hundredth "Salisbury steak", I need some real food haha Lucky for me, the month starts while I'm at my parents, so I can start by using their fantastic kitchen haha I'm going to spend some time on Sunday researching recipes and then shop shop shop! I'm very excited! The last time I cooked more than a pasta dish or a soup, I was living with my parents, and every time I made something delicious, I would find that it was mysteriously gone in one or two days! They don't cook - they have a housekeeper who comes twice a week and makes a bunch of meals for the week - so it was very annoying to have my hard (healthy) labor go to waste! But, I'm excited to jump back in again!

Believe me, if I can make a decent meal, so can you!! Start slow, find some easier recipes and the GO FOR IT! Eating HEALTHY at home is such a bonus! Saves money, saves calories, and even saves time!

Alright, so - last night! First of all - Aladdin was amazing. I hear it is sold out for months, but if you can get tickets before the Tony's, I would definitely recommend it. There are SO many costume changes, there is magic, the carpet flies, the Genie dances - Friend Like Me and Prince Ali are FANTASTIC broadway numbers. Are they campy and cheesy? Absolutely. But, when you think about how much money it takes to put up a Broadway show - personally, I think money spent on sparkle and dazzle and pizzazz on a show that kids will see over and over again is better spent than something like Spiderman haha

I will say that after a two show day, everyone seemed to be a little vocally tired - especially the Genie. Now, granted, the Genie does INCREDIBLY amazing work, and I don't know how much longer he will be the "pleasantly plump" Genie. With all of that dancing and running and costume changing and magic and singing (I'm tired just thinking about it), I wouldn't be surprised if his costume needed to be taken in :rotfl:

The sets were fantastic, and the book was HYSTERICAL! There were some groaners, but they really had jokes for all ages and it worked really well. I was happy to see that the Jafar from the movie plays Jafar in the show - his voice is instantly recognizable and its so great to hear him as Jafar again.

As for my night... well, let me just say that going places with my parents is never easy. They are always late - ALWAYS. As a kid growing up, I hated that I had to drive with them to go to family events because I have a really big thing about being on time - in fact, I'm usually early. It drove me nuts that most of our family gave us the reputation of being late. My parents are the people who wait until they are already late to call and apologize. They have no sense of time, so when we ARE on time, they'll decide to go pick up a few things at a supermarket or a Home Depot before a family gathering, only to make us half an hour later than everyone else. I know there are lots of people like this, and I have no problem with that - I just am not one of them.

So, with something as serious as a Broadway show, where I knew they had gotten way too good seats, I didn't want to be those people that miss the first number, and have to sneak in past everyone in the aisle. After eating my dinner (some light soup with a baked potato and a salad), I was standing by the door with my coat on, ready to go... for about 15 minutes haha I almost left without them. Anyway, we get to the train station, and of course, there is a delay. Its only two stops from where they live, but we wait and wait and wait. We finally made it to the theater with about 3 minutes to spare, and I find our seats....

I think I've mentioned before that my parents are very into the "finer things" in life. In this case, that meant not looking to see that your seat was the last one on the right, just because it was the second row. Their seats were bought later, so they were further back (which they complained about most of the way there), but also further in towards the center. Obviously, the fact that I got to go was amazing and I feel awful thinking anything BUT good things. But, my head was right next to a giant speaker (which made my ear ring for quite some time after the show), and I only had a partial view of anything going on on the right side of the stage.

I could, however, see into the wings, so I was able to see everyone changing costumes and getting ready to come on stage :rotfl2: So, that was cool! I guess, it was just frustrating that being in the second row was so important to them, once again reaffirming how different our values are. I would have been happy in the third balcony. But, my parents are already still in a bit of a tiff with me about my moving, and they complained the whole way there about how I'm too nervous about being late, so it really wasn't worth saying anything.

Sorry to rant like this, I guess I was holding it in more than I thought. Trying to let it roll off of me and remember the memories of last night that were wonderful and magical. Thanks for letting me get this off of my chest.

Sounds like an amazing show! Glad you didn't miss any! DD and I are both those "get there early" types, so I totally understand!

Anyway, tonight I get to pack for my trip to MA tomorrow!! I'm so excited to be getting out of the city and seeing my friends and DRIVING, which I haven't done in such a long time!

Wishing everyone good luck with tomorrow's W/I!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Massachusetts shouldn't be TOO cold this weekend!

My Gram is still hanging in there.. she is up to 6 doses of morphine a day, still mostly non verbal, eating about 4-5 bites/sips a day, bedsores getting bigger by the minute! No way to be left living but her will must be strong! so for the rest of us that means we are all just in a holding pattern, knowing it's coming but who knows when it'll be.. and for me it means still eating sort of cruddy - too many carbs.. I have only made it Zumba this week for working out.. still feeling rundown and tired . I am just worn out.. so maybe I am not sleeping as good as I think . Oh well..

I hope all you ladies have a strong finish and I'll see you on the next thread but will might just be a drop by poster vs. being in the challenge.. Michelle

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Michelle. We went through something like this with my Grandmother about 10 years ago and it was SO HARD. Every time the phone rang you wondered if it was "the" call.

Will continue to pray for you and her and your entire family. You are missed here!

Evening all! Well, the men are off to Boston for this weekend's FIRST competition! I will go down for the day tomorrow.... haven't decided yet if I will stay over with them in the hotel tomorrow night. I am leaning towards YES to reduce my driving, but I may play it by ear. DS has a teammate/friend who is sharing the room and I don't want to weird him out (although I've known him since Kindergarten). Plus that means I would be gone from home for two nights, since I am staying with DD Saturday night. She has an SECOND interview in Boston on Sunday for the summer internship that she really wants! :thumbsup2 Fingers crossed please!

Got hurt today at Target, so I'll be skipping the TM tonight in favor of some time spent icing my shins. There was a big dip in the entrance area where it met the parking lot pavement and the front wheels of my cart got caught, the entire cart lifted up from the momentum (I was walking pretty fast) and nearly went up and over and the handle bar caught me across the chest and the edge of the lower rack slammed me mid-shin, both legs. Right shin bruised and swelled immediately. I guess I should have gone back in and reported it, but I was embarrassed by my unshaven legs if they wanted to see the injury (hey, it's still winter here!) and I just wanted to get home! :worried: oh well.

Getting hungry, so I guess I'll start thinking about what I'll make myself for dinner. And of course, there is always ONE MORE load of laundry to fold!

TTYL...............P

Hi Guys, I'm back again!!! I swear I don't know where my life is going at the moment, I blink and it's Friday again! Been really busy at work delivering health & safety training every day and doing risk assessments.

Evenings seem to have disappeared too.....Monday was Slimming Class (put on 4lb this week, seriously not happy about that!), Tuesday was running club, Wednesday university and tonight was Zumba. Tomorrow I have to drive 198 miles to a meetng that will probably last no more than 2 hours, then drive home again!!! I will be staying in and relaxing tomorrow evening.

I have updated the colours in post #3 with the information I have received to date, so good luck for final weigh-in on Monday.

Michelle - hugs to you....the waiting game is really hard. Went through it for 4 months with my MIL 3 years ago and it was draining.

Hi Guys, I'm back again!!! I swear I don't know where my life is going at the moment, I blink and it's Friday again! Been really busy at work delivering health & safety training every day and doing risk assessments.

Evenings seem to have disappeared too.....Monday was Slimming Class (put on 4lb this week, seriously not happy about that!), Tuesday was running club, Wednesday university and tonight was Zumba. Tomorrow I have to drive 198 miles to a meetng that will probably last no more than 2 hours, then drive home again!!! I will be staying in and relaxing tomorrow evening.

I have updated the colours in post #3 with the information I have received to date, so good luck for final weigh-in on Monday.

Michelle - hugs to you....the waiting game is really hard. Went through it for 4 months with my MIL 3 years ago and it was draining.

You've been missed, but glad you are well. SOrry about the 4 pounds.... fingers crossed that it disappears quickly! Safe travels for you tomorrow!! That is a long drive!..................P

Michelle, I am sorry for the horrible time you and your family are going through!!

However, I wanted to point out that it was actually Pamela who took over your coaching spot - we just swapped the days! Would not want to take credit for it! :goodvibes

Hi Guys, I'm back again!!!

Helen, hang in there!! I have had periods when life was just about to take over, but I found over the last year that having these threads to go back to really helped me to focus again much sooner (and therefore several pounds lighter) than it used to be in the past!

Stacey, thanks for what you wrote about chicken skink the other day! I think I have this on my legs. I can't get that lotion that you use here in Germany, but I have a liquid soap for my face with the same ingredients and I started using this on my legs in the shower now and I seem to see a slight improvement! Will see what happens! :thumbsup2

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am still up 2 pounds from two weeks ago... :worried: I really regret not taking measurements two weeks ago when I started Body Revolution, because I feel that my clothes fit better. But I was so annoyed at myself about the weight I had gained back that I could not face seeing the inches as well... However, the only way things will get better is to continue what I am doing. Somehow I hope for a sudden huge loss one day... I am also trying to keep active on a daily basis besides the Body Revolution workouts, so I am sure that this time I am not falling into the trap of thinking I could be lazy because I am working out so hard...

Thanks for letting me vent a little - so here is your QOTD for today:

Recent study do show a relation between weight and sleep: Sleeping too little can lead to weight gain - while getting quality sleep can help weight loss. I read something about it in my German newspaper and did a quick search for you, so here is an article in English about this: http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain

So my question is:

Do you get enough sleep on a regular basis? Are there any things you do to ensure that you get enough good quality sleep?

I have been working on this for the last months and seem to have improved quite a bit. My biggest problem is often to just go to bed. When I am tired the whole process of getting ready for bed seems to much work, so I don't get started on it. So, recently I started to get ready for bed a little after dinner (which is rather late for me anyway). It has two benefits: having brushed my teeth already helps me to not start snacking and once it is bedtime, I just need to jump into bed and not start "working" again first.

QOTD: I've been doing better with sleep. I've pretty much given up caffeine and that has helped significantly!!

Which may have been the problem last night. We went out on our usual Thursday night salad dinner. They have the best diet cola. It tastes way different from coke or pepsi. I only had 1 glass but it seems like Thursday nights I have problems sleeping. Next time I'm going to try and remember to just get water and see what happens. So - I was up at 2:30am! And apparently so was the rest of my family. DH was awake. Saw a light on in the hall and DS11 was awake watching SHark Tank on his Nook because he says he doesn't sleep well. I need to start remembering to take that out of his room at night!. DS8 had gone to the office and gotten the ipad and was watching something on there!!

Now all electronics are coming into our room at night! Crazy kids.

Well I had a great renewed focus yesterday and then frustrated to see a slight gain on the scale (only .4lbs up but its the wrong direction). I'm not going to let it upset me. I made a giant chart - like out of posterboard. Looks like a bad kids school project but I wanted it to be over the top big and eye catching. I've got it posted in the kitchen and I'm literally just focusing one 1 meal at a time!

I am however totally stressing about tonight. I've been invited to a girls night out by a friend. It's with a bunch of moms at my kids school that I have not really gotten to know. I admit I'm a bit shy and they are already in their little groups talking I don't feel like I can walk in there so I just hang back & then I worry they think I'm not friendly! Ugh! Stupid I know. You start feeling like wanting to be in the popular crowd in school :cheer2:
I'm glad to be going but I thought it was later and drinks which I could manage to do ok at but now it's 6 and dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I've looked at the menu and trying to decide what to order ahead of time. I know no cheese or creamy stuff. They have some grilled chicken skewers as an appetizer and a turkey chili soup w/ lean ground turkey and veggies in a "savory sauce". Terrible I'm so stressed about a "fun night" but I just want to keep my positive focus.

It will all be ok!!

Hi all! This will be a quick drive-by post. We had a great trip and beautiful wedding. I am including a link to my facebook album here, it is public for now so all of you can see it. Hope the link works, but if not let me know and I will try to create a post with a few of the pics! We don't have any pics from our reception, which was a sunset dinner cruise on a yacht... hopefully soon, we are waiting for my FIL to get back into town to give us the pics he took (our professional photography was only at the beach ceremony). Anyway, we didn't get to Disney during the trip :(, but did see the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and plenty of beaches during our week long trip! And now I'm married!! :cool1:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/araes21...03124358307.1073741828.100002558752327&type=3

Hi everyone!

I am Magdalene and I will be your coach through the last few days of March! I hope we will all have a strong finish to the month (I really need one, am still far from my goal... But did achieve a lot of fitness this month, so that's good, too).

So the QOTD for today is:

What is your favourite healthy/low calorie treat?

I've really been liking those baked peas that are like eating chips.

I do not absorb iron well either, I know you already ordered your supplements but i'll share what I know :goodvibes My endo recommends Ironsorbs (amazon) which are easier on the GI. I got to the point where I couldn't stomach them any longer and switched to one recommended in my disease support group....Feosol Iron which I get at walgreens. http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/feosol-iron-supplement-caplets/ID=prod6109100-product Specifically carbonyl iron. And be sure to take a vitamin C tablet with your iron, it helps with absorption. On the Feosol and vit C regimen I was finally able to raise my ferritin, the blood test which measures your stored iron.

:thanks: for coaching!!!

My fav low cal treat at this time.... SKINNY POP!

I like skinny pop too- I haven't seen it at costco lately. I bookmarked the tabs, they sure are cheaper than the others...thanks.

Hi all! This will be a quick drive-by post. We had a great trip and beautiful wedding. I am including a link to my facebook album here, it is public for now so all of you can see it. Hope the link works, but if not let me know and I will try to create a post with a few of the pics! We don't have any pics from our reception, which was a sunset dinner cruise on a yacht... hopefully soon, we are waiting for my FIL to get back into town to give us the pics he took (our professional photography was only at the beach ceremony). Anyway, we didn't get to Disney during the trip :(, but did see the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and plenty of beaches during our week long trip! And now I'm married!! :cool1:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/araes21...03124358307.1073741828.100002558752327&type=3

You looked great!
Today is National Cerebral Palsy Awareness day and I will be wearing green to show support for the children in our schools who are effected with this (one little cutie pie in particular ). Is there any cause that is near and dear to your heart? Do you do things to support this cause? Is there a particular reason that you feel that this is a worthy cause? Tell us more about your cause.... maybe you can drum up some additional support through our group!

Sorry I somehow missed this. Spay and neuter!

Got hurt today at Target, so I'll be skipping the TM tonight in favor of some time spent icing my shins. There was a big dip in the entrance area where it met the parking lot pavement and the front wheels of my cart got caught, the entire cart lifted up from the momentum (I was walking pretty fast) and nearly went up and over and the handle bar caught me across the chest and the edge of the lower rack slammed me mid-shin, both legs. Right shin bruised and swelled immediately. I guess I should have gone back in and reported it, but I was embarrassed by my unshaven legs if they wanted to see the injury (hey, it's still winter here!) and I just wanted to get home! oh well.
I think you need to take pics of any injuries and talk to our lawyer friend Lisa.

Do you get enough sleep on a regular basis? Are there any things you do to ensure that you get enough good quality sleep?

Well, the husbands snoring is somewhat under control thanks to snore stop. Also for bad nights I have earplugs now that work really well.

Well, hung out at my Mom's Wed's night to avoid sick husband. Got to feel the baby move-- way easier than cats lol. The tests came back that everythings good so it's starting to get more real.

I think if I just get the house really cleaned up and we just move the litterboxes that are inside outside when the baby comes to visit it'll be ok. We have a covered back porch with a cat door leading out there anyway-- it's just getting crowded out there... Think I'll also invest in a small black light I can carry around and check for spray. I don't think their moving to Riddle at all now, his gramma rented out her cottage there and killed a lot of his bees by not feeding them. I'm kinda glad because it's an hour and a half away--too far.

My Gram is still hanging in there..

I am sorry things are going so badly for you. I have been there more times than I wish to remember. :grouphug:

Got hurt today at Target, so I'll be skipping the TM tonight in favor of some time spent icing my shins.

Ochie! You make me hurt just thinking about your accident! pixie dust: for a fast recovery!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am still up 2 pounds from two weeks ago... :worried: I really regret not taking measurements two weeks ago when I started Body Revolution, because I feel that my clothes fit better.

They (who are "they" anyway) say your body can react funny to new stimulus. Keep at it! It will start to work.

That depends on the day. On OTF mornings, the answer is no and I pay for it. In general though, it has gotten easier to sleep in my house. We have a lot of pets and the cats used to wake us up every morning. It was a consistent pattern. At 4am Bella would start to bay, so I would yell at her and kick her (not literally) out of the bedroom and close the door. At 5 Donny would need to leave the bedroom to pee. At 5:45 he would cry at the closed door and scratch to come back in. All the while this commotion would wake up the dog and then the gliders would start barking. A few months ago I got fed up and started locking the cats in dh's office at night. Bella goes in voluntarily. Donny needs to be dragged in screaming and thrashing, but that 30 seconds of cat wrangling stress is so worth not being woken up a multiple times a night!

Hi all! This will be a quick drive-by post. We had a great trip and beautiful wedding.

Congratulations! You looked beautiful!

Ok, bad day for me. Went to the doc and my upcoming races are off the agenda. And I am not supposed to do anything physical for at least a week. :sad2:
Besides the disappointment, how the hell are my going to make my pre- cruise weight loss goals if I can't exercise??? I am down 2 lbs today and I only went to the gym once since weigh in, but I am terrified that is just a fluke! I must be spot on with my food from here on out until I am cleared for exercise. Dh is doing boys night/poker tonight, so at least I can avoid restaurant food for one night.

Happy Sunday all!

Michelle, sending you, your Gram, and your family oodles of :hug: and pixiedust: It is a tough time to go through but you are strong and taking care of yourself which is so important. :flower3:

Evening all! Well, the men are off to Boston for this weekend's FIRST competition! I will go down for the day tomorrow.... haven't decided yet if I will stay over with them in the hotel tomorrow night. I am leaning towards YES to reduce my driving, but I may play it by ear. DS has a teammate/friend who is sharing the room and I don't want to weird him out (although I've known him since Kindergarten). Plus that means I would be gone from home for two nights, since I am staying with DD Saturday night. She has an SECOND interview in Boston on Sunday for the summer internship that she really wants! :thumbsup2 Fingers crossed please!

Good luck to DS on his competition and DD on her interview. Keeping fingers crossed and sending pixiedust: Sorry to hear that you got banged up at Target. :flower3:

Thanks for hosting this month! :flower3: I have managed to stay the same all month so no color changes for me this time. Onward and downward for April! :thumbsup2

Recent study do show a relation between weight and sleep: Sleeping too little can lead to weight gain - while getting quality sleep can help weight loss. I read something about it in my German newspaper and did a quick search for you, so here is an article in English about this: http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain

So my question is:

Thanks for coaching this week, Magdalene! :flower3: I have faith that you will see those pounds slip away very soon -- you are working very hard but your body may be hanging on to some water with the new regime.

Once I hit menopause it's been challenge to get a good night's sleep. I make sure that the room is very dark -- like a cave -- and no lights from electronics are shining because they look like a beacon when it is really dark! :rotfl: I also use a fan for white noise to help drown out the sounds of noisy neighbors who are not very considerate. No caffeine after noon and I turn down the brightness on the Kindle in the evening and no computer in the evening. I wake up at o'dark thirty every morning without an alarm clock so I think I've got things working now. :cool2:

QOTD: I've been doing better with sleep. I've pretty much given up caffeine and that has helped significantly!!

Which may have been the problem last night. We went out on our usual Thursday night salad dinner. They have the best diet cola. It tastes way different from coke or pepsi. I only had 1 glass but it seems like Thursday nights I have problems sleeping. Next time I'm going to try and remember to just get water and see what happens. So - I was up at 2:30am! And apparently so was the rest of my family. DH was awake. Saw a light on in the hall and DS11 was awake watching SHark Tank on his Nook because he says he doesn't sleep well. I need to start remembering to take that out of his room at night!. DS8 had gone to the office and gotten the ipad and was watching something on there!!

Hope you had fun on your night out! It is hard even as an adult to do new and different social stuff! ::yes::

Everyone up in the middle of the night? Is that when the paper delivery person comes by? Someone comes home from work and the neighbor's dog barks? The electronics have been an issue with DS -- a few nights of removed modem seemed to do the trick. :lmao:

What a beautiful bride you were, Amanda! :bride: Congratulations! Looks like a wonderful wedding.

Well, hung out at my Mom's Wed's night to avoid sick husband. Got to feel the baby move-- way easier than cats lol. The tests came back that everythings good so it's starting to get more real.

I think if I just get the house really cleaned up and we just move the litterboxes that are inside outside when the baby comes to visit it'll be ok. We have a covered back porch with a cat door leading out there anyway-- it's just getting crowded out there... Think I'll also invest in a small black light I can carry around and check for spray. I don't think their moving to Riddle at all now, his gramma rented out her cottage there and killed a lot of his bees by not feeding them. I'm kinda glad because it's an hour and a half away--too far.

I'm sure that your house will be fine for the new grandbaby! :goodvibes It's an exciting time for everyone having a new family member. :cool2:

Ok, bad day for me. Went to the doc and my upcoming races are off the agenda. And I am not supposed to do anything physical for at least a week. :sad2:

Besides the disappointment, how the hell are my going to make my pre- cruise weight loss goals if I can't exercise??? I am down 2 lbs today and I only went to the gym once since weigh in, but I am terrified that is just a fluke! I must be spot on with my food from here on out until I am cleared for exercise. Dh is doing boys night/poker tonight, so at least I can avoid restaurant food for one night.

So sorry about your injury, Carla Rae! :flower3: It is disappointing and frustrating when you can't do the things that you are used to doing for sure. I think your idea of using this time to really concentrate on your food is a great one -- and since our bodies have a way of adapting to our usual routines may reward you will some really good results. You can do it! ::yes::

This wasn't a great month for a loss but I saw someone that I had not seen for several years and they raved on and on about how great I looked and how much weight I had lost -- 45 pounds altogether since 2009 so it was a good reminder to step back and look at the big picture every once in awhile. :hippie:

I'll see you all on the April challenge thread! Finish strong! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Amanda--Congratulations!! Beautiful pictures.

I am still breathing, but life has definitely gotten in the way of my plans recently. ;) Hope to join the April thread.:)

beautiful wedding photos!!!!

well sadly this month has been complete WASH and I'm so disappointed. I'm retaining water so very bady, I've gained nearly 10 lbs. it has made it so difficult to stay motivated and I'm not journaling. today I got back into MFP. I have an email appointment with my specialist this weekend, I hope he either puts me on thyroid meds or tells me what to do to reverse this. sigh

CONGRATS to all our losers this month!!!!!

However, I wanted to point out that it was actually Pamela who took over your coaching spot - we just swapped the days! Would not want to take credit for it!

NBD! We all helped out!!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am still up 2 pounds from two weeks ago... :worried: I really regret not taking measurements two weeks ago when I started Body Revolution, because I feel that my clothes fit better. But I was so annoyed at myself about the weight I had gained back that I could not face seeing the inches as well... However, the only way things will get better is to continue what I am doing. Somehow I hope for a sudden huge loss one day... I am also trying to keep active on a daily basis besides the Body Revolution workouts, so I am sure that this time I am not falling into the trap of thinking I could be lazy because I am working out so hard...

Those two pounds WILL disappear eventually.... it sounds like lots of us are hitting plateaus right now! Maybe it's the crummy weather??

So my question is:

I try HARD to be sure I get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.... sometimes 8. I can get by with as little as 4-5 hours a few nights in a row (like at Disney!!), but then I definitely CRASH! And I can see the difference on the scale if I haven't been getting enough sleep, even if my eating and exercise have been good.

Now all electronics are coming into our room at night! Crazy kids.

I was taking away DS's electronics at bedtime for a while because he claims he get to sleep for a few hours so he was watching JUNK.... on his computer, phone, etc. I started taking it away for a while..... and I think I need to do it again. Gotta love our boys!!;)

Well I had a great renewed focus yesterday and then frustrated to see a slight gain on the scale (only .4lbs up but its the wrong direction). I'm not going to let it upset me. I made a giant chart - like out of posterboard. Looks like a bad kids school project but I wanted it to be over the top big and eye catching. I've got it posted in the kitchen and I'm literally just focusing one 1 meal at a time!

WOOHOO!! Share a picture???

I am however totally stressing about tonight. I've been invited to a girls night out by a friend. It's with a bunch of moms at my kids school that I have not really gotten to know. I admit I'm a bit shy and they are already in their little groups talking I don't feel like I can walk in there so I just hang back & then I worry they think I'm not friendly! Ugh! Stupid I know. You start feeling like wanting to be in the popular crowd in school :cheer2:
I'm glad to be going but I thought it was later and drinks which I could manage to do ok at but now it's 6 and dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I've looked at the menu and trying to decide what to order ahead of time. I know no cheese or creamy stuff. They have some grilled chicken skewers as an appetizer and a turkey chili soup w/ lean ground turkey and veggies in a "savory sauce". Terrible I'm so stressed about a "fun night" but I just want to keep my positive focus.

It will all be ok!!

I could have written this post!! I am shy and it is worse when it is a group that mostly knows each other and I'm the "outsider." I would definitely suggest sitting with/near the mom that invited you, since she obviously enjoys your company. And then start with a cocktail!! :lmao: I know that definitely helps me be more social and come out of my shell!! Then remember this.... NO ONE is judging you.... and if they are, they can go stuff it in their hats! You are there to meet other moms, have a few laughs, and make new friends. Look around and see if there is anyone else that looks alone and awkward....sometimes it helps me to get out of my own head and help someone else feel like part of the group. Overall... HAVE FUN!

HUGE congratulations! I've been thinking a LOT about you and praying that the day went welll!! I'll check out the photos after I post here!!

I think you need to take pics of any injuries and talk to our lawyer friend Lisa.

Naaah..... the swelling was better by the next day and the bruises didn't turn out too dramatic.... about the size of my palm with a nice little scab in the middle. I"ll live.:thumbsup2

Well, the husbands snoring is somewhat under control thanks to snore stop. Also for bad nights I have earplugs now that work really well.

WOOHOO for a healthy baby and her/his momma!

Nice that the baby will be closer to you!

Ochie! You make me hurt just thinking about your accident! pixie dust: for a fast recovery!

THANK you!!

That depends on the day. On OTF mornings, the answer is no and I pay for it. In general though, it has gotten easier to sleep in my house. We have a lot of pets and the cats used to wake us up every morning. It was a consistent pattern. At 4am Bella would start to bay, so I would yell at her and kick her (not literally) out of the bedroom and close the door. At 5 Donny would need to leave the bedroom to pee. At 5:45 he would cry at the closed door and scratch to come back in. All the while this commotion would wake up the dog and then the gliders would start barking. A few months ago I got fed up and started locking the cats in dh's office at night. Bella goes in voluntarily. Donny needs to be dragged in screaming and thrashing, but that 30 seconds of cat wrangling stress is so worth not being woken up a multiple times a night!

Cat craziness!!

Weight loss without exercise IS possible.... you are asking the EXPERT here!!:rolleyes1 But it certainly isn't as "easy". But you are right.... you must be SPOT ON with the foods in order to lose .... especially since your body is used to lots of exercise. Your current level of good fitness will serve you well for a few weeks anyhow. I"m sure you have a good metabolism from all of that muscle.

Good luck to DS on his competition and DD on her interview. Keeping fingers crossed and sending pixiedust: Sorry to hear that you got banged up at Target. :flower3:

Competition went well (not great.... some lousy alliances and lousy luck), they made it into the 6th seed alliance and the semi-finals, but it ended there. :sad1: There is still the chance for a wild card position at the Regionals, based on our scoring at our two competitions, but we don't know about that yet.

DD's interview went great, except for one "glitch" with her paperwork, but she got it taken care of and now we just wait to hear!

Thanks for hosting this month! :flower3: I have managed to stay the same all month so no color changes for me this time. Onward and downward for April! :thumbsup2

I think that is a song we will ALL be singing!!

Thanks for coaching this week, Magdalene! :flower3: I have faith that you will see those pounds slip away very soon -- you are working very hard but your body may be hanging on to some water with the new regime.

Once I hit menopause it's been challenge to get a good night's sleep. I make sure that the room is very dark -- like a cave -- and no lights from electronics are shining because they look like a beacon when it is really dark! :rotfl: I also use a fan for white noise to help drown out the sounds of noisy neighbors who are not very considerate. No caffeine after noon and I turn down the brightness on the Kindle in the evening and no computer in the evening. I wake up at o'dark thirty every morning without an alarm clock so I think I've got things working now. :cool2:

Life after 50.... gotta love it!! :lmao:

This wasn't a great month for a loss but I saw someone that I had not seen for several years and they raved on and on about how great I looked and how much weight I had lost -- 45 pounds altogether since 2009 so it was a good reminder to step back and look at the big picture every once in awhile. :hippie:

I'll see you all on the April challenge thread! Finish strong! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

How great to get that acknowledgement!! I'm ready for a GREAT April too!

I am still breathing, but life has definitely gotten in the way of my plans recently. ;) Hope to join the April thread.:)

Glad you are still around!! See you in April!! You have been missed.

well sadly this month has been complete WASH and I'm so disappointed. I'm retaining water so very bady, I've gained nearly 10 lbs. it has made it so difficult to stay motivated and I'm not journaling. today I got back into MFP. I have an email appointment with my specialist this weekend, I hope he either puts me on thyroid meds or tells me what to do to reverse this. sigh

CONGRATS to all our losers this month!!!!!

SOrry that you are struggling. Hopefully the appointment will help.

Morning (nearly noon) friends! Wowza, things were quiet here this weekend! I haven't been here since about Thursday and I thought I'd have pages and pages of stuff to read, but it was easy to catch up!

I'm juicing again this week and it took me two hours to make my juices today! I am experimenting with keeping the individual juices separate and making up different combinations as I drink them. Thought it might keep things more interesting. First juice of the day today was just a "bit of this and a bit of that" that I poured into a mason jar as I made the juices. Wasn't fantastic, but it is in my belly now. I also tried juicing a few new things like watermelon and cantaloupe.

So sitting in the "outdoor fridge" ready for mixing and consuming are apple juice, carrot juice, kiwi juice, orange juice, grapefruit/lime juice, papaya/cantaloupe juice, watermelon juice, cucumber/celery juice, and beet juice. For lunch I will be making up a blend of some of those in the blender with a half a banana and a big handful of baby spinach (I have stopped juicing the spinach.... my juicer just can't extract enough to make it worthwhile).

I did a LOT of reading up about juicing over the weekend and they strongly recommend that you eat NOTHING solid while juicing.... hope that blending the spinach and banana doesn't count as a solid. And they also recommended giving up all caffeine.... haven't taken that step yet, but I will restrict myself today to the two cups I've already had. :thumbsup2

Woke up to a bit of a snow/ice/rain mixture this morning that made the surfaces icy and it is still out there. But DS is experiencing a bit of "over-tired and over-stimulated -itis" today and is staying home, so at least I don't have to drive in the ice. His head was pounding, his throat is a bit red, and I"m sure he is just worn out from the weekend. A little Mom love, some extra sleep, and a homemade juice is just what the doctor ordered!

Off to make my lunch juice!.....................P

Amanda, I LOVE the photos!! I've definitely got a favorite too! I remember you mentioning the charicature artist and the pictures are great!! Thanks for sharing them!! You looked so beautiful.... what a lovely family you have!! HUGE congrats to you!.............P

Well, I moved 3 beads this morning, so maybe I can do this despite my exercise restrictions! I am actually up about a half a pound from saturday morning, but I felt bad for myself and went a little naughty for two days. But I still managed to stay "in control" somehow. In fact I brought up a lindt (100g- 650 calories) rabbit to my office yesterday to eat in one sitting :confused3, but after about a 3rd of him, I wrapped him up and put him in my desk drawer without even a tiny mental struggle. :woohoo: Now thats progress!

Since I weigh in every day, I know exactly where I was on the 1st and then this morning. I am down 8.8 lbs for the month. I wanted 10lbs, but I came close. I have a little less then 3 weeks till family bonding (Easter) and 3 weeks after that we are headed to the Caribbean. So I am going to put a hard challenge on myself. I want 15 more lbs gone by May 11 (cruise day). I am asking a lot of myself and it may not be attainable, but I'm gonna go for it.

beautiful wedding photos!!!!

Sorry you're having a rough time. Journaling really helps me so that's good for you to start again. Even if I'm busy and dont have time for details I at least write down the item to remind myself on all the "just one bite's" I had! Take it 1 day at a time.

I could have written this post!! I am shy and it is worse when it is a group that mostly knows each other and I'm the "outsider." I would definitely suggest sitting with/near the mom that invited you, since she obviously enjoys your company. And then start with a cocktail!! :lmao: I know that definitely helps me be more social and come out of my shell!! Then remember this.... NO ONE is judging you.... and if they are, they can go stuff it in their hats! You are there to meet other moms, have a few laughs, and make new friends. Look around and see if there is anyone else that looks alone and awkward....sometimes it helps me to get out of my own head and help someone else feel like part of the group. Overall... HAVE FUN!

I'm juicing again this week

And they also recommended giving up all caffeine...

Off to make my lunch juice!.....................P

I never felt like they would judge me. They're all nice and say hi but they are just very established in their friendships. I'm not part of their church and my son is not in the sports teams they are all in. I made the mistake of sitting in the middle of the long table of about 16. SO there was 1 conversation going on on one side of me and another conversation on the other so I was kind of on the 'outside' of both convo's! :) Oh well it went well!

Glad you're liking the juice. I gave up caffeine and I don;t miss it at all! I drink diet CF Coke zero - I know why bother!! But it's my sweet treat. I have no more than 2 a day and drink water the rest. I sleep much better so a feel more rested. Keep weaning down!

In fact I brought up a lindt (100g- 650 calories) rabbit to my office yesterday to eat in one sitting :confused3, but after about a 3rd of him, I wrapped him up and put him in my desk drawer without even a tiny mental struggle. :woohoo: Now thats progress!

Since I weigh in every day, I know exactly where I was on the 1st and then this morning. I am down 8.8 lbs for the month. I wanted 10lbs, but I came close. I have a little less then 3 weeks till family bonding (Easter) and 3 weeks after that we are headed to the Caribbean. So I am going to put a hard challenge on myself. I want 15 more lbs gone by May 11 (cruise day). I am asking a lot of myself and it may not be attainable, but I'm gonna go for it.

Congrats on stuffing that rabbit back in his hole where he belongs!! NOthing wrong w a treat just try and portion it out. Dont knaw on the whole rabbit - break off a piece and put the rest away!

---------------------

I'm really enjoying the bike since I'm still in my boot. Now my other leg hurts but I'm pretty sure it's from awkward usage on the stairs since I can't use my other ankle.

It's been super busy week and eating out the last 4 nights but I tried to make some better choices. I totally caved at the mexican restaurant and ordered the crab enchiladas like so many others were ordering. I had planned to get just the skewers. Then I look down the table when the food came and another girl had ordered them and saying "i'm trying to stick w my diet!" Grrr I was mad at myself. BUT I didnt drink alcohol, didnt eat the rice and only 3 bites of the beans. I ate about 4 chips and just broke off tiny pieces. Sooo it could have been much worse!

HAd a tiny little loss today so down 7.3 for the month! I'll take it. 10 more weeks til vacay!

Good luck everyone.

Hope everyone had a great March! Haven't been around much but I've stayed OP this month with the exception of a couple preplanned treats. Anyway met my goal of 7 lbs for he month, I'm down to 189! Hope we all have a great April!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well, I moved 3 beads this morning, so maybe I can do this despite my exercise restrictions! I am actually up about a half a pound from saturday morning, but I felt bad for myself and went a little naughty for two days. But I still managed to stay "in control" somehow. In fact I brought up a lindt (100g- 650 calories) rabbit to my office yesterday to eat in one sitting :confused3, but after about a 3rd of him, I wrapped him up and put him in my desk drawer without even a tiny mental struggle. :woohoo: Now thats progress!

HUGE accomplishment! That bunny would have called my name!!

Great job with the weight loss for March! You are right, another 15 by early May is a challenge.... but you have absolutely NOTHING to lose by not trying, right!!??

I never felt like they would judge me. They're all nice and say hi but they are just very established in their friendships. I'm not part of their church and my son is not in the sports teams they are all in. I made the mistake of sitting in the middle of the long table of about 16. SO there was 1 conversation going on on one side of me and another conversation on the other so I was kind of on the 'outside' of both convo's! :) Oh well it went well!

Glad it was a good evening for you.

Glad you're liking the juice. I gave up caffeine and I don;t miss it at all! I drink diet CF Coke zero - I know why bother!! But it's my sweet treat. I have no more than 2 a day and drink water the rest. I sleep much better so a feel more rested. Keep weaning down!

I gave up caffeine for over 10 years.... starting with when I was deciding to get pregnant with my first. I only picked up the "habit" again a few years ago and I don't really feel like I "need" the caffeine.... it is more the habit of having a hot drink first thing in the morning and I actually like the taste of coffee .... so I just need to convince DH that we can have decaf every morning instead!

I'm really enjoying the bike since I'm still in my boot. Now my other leg hurts but I'm pretty sure it's from awkward usage on the stairs since I can't use my other ankle.

That can also be a source of back and hip pain (walking out of alignment while recovering from an injury), so take care of yourself!!

It's been super busy week and eating out the last 4 nights but I tried to make some better choices. I totally caved at the mexican restaurant and ordered the crab enchiladas like so many others were ordering. I had planned to get just the skewers. Then I look down the table when the food came and another girl had ordered them and saying "i'm trying to stick w my diet!" Grrr I was mad at myself. BUT I didnt drink alcohol, didnt eat the rice and only 3 bites of the beans. I ate about 4 chips and just broke off tiny pieces. Sooo it could have been much worse!

HAd a tiny little loss today so down 7.3 for the month! I'll take it. 10 more weeks til vacay!

Good luck everyone.

Sounds like you made some okay choices, so forgive yourself for the frustration and move on! Woo hoo on the 7.3 down for March!

Hope everyone had a great March! Haven't been around much but I've stayed OP this month with the exception of a couple preplanned treats. Anyway met my goal of 7 lbs for he month, I'm down to 189! Hope we all have a great April!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

And another "LOSER" for March! It seems like overall it was an okay month for many of you!!

Morning all and HAPPY April!! I'm just checking in here one last time before I move on to the April thread.... assuming that there is one started. I didn't notice when I was clicking around.

Anyhow, I despise April Fool's day, so I am just hoping to move along without any big surprises! Although it seems like Mother Nature decided to STOP fooling us into thinking it was still winter and is finally giving us a day that looks and feels something like SPRING!!

Today is Tuesday again, which means I have my WW meeting tonight, so I'll be spending some preparing for that, as usual. And I may even get outside for exercise today!

Off to look for the April thread!.............P

I don't seen an April thread started yet. I will PM our coach with a reminder! I know sometimes the first day of a new month sneaks up on me!

We can continue to chat here for now!!..............P

ETA: It looks like our intended leader for April hasn't been a part of our challenges since early February. I did send a PM, but I am presuming she has decided to step away from the challenges. I will start a thread for April if we don't have one by later today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter