• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds **Maddening March Challenge** All Welcome

Eliza32

DIS Veteran
Most of us have stuggled our way through February, so will March be just as maddening????

Welcome to WISH Away the Pounds *~*Maddening March 2014 edition*~*

Please read the complete instructions in post 2, and then let me know if you have any questions.
The philosophy behind our new challenge: small achievable goals. One month at a time, one week at a time, one day at a time, one bite at a time.
Results will be posted as a % lost (pounds) towards monthly goal.

Thanks to Rose&Mike for creating our new challenge format which has been a great success!

Weigh in Days--Weight Loss
PM Weight to Eliza32
March 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
March 7
March 14
March 21
March 28
March 31 (last chance)

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100% WISH green

Weigh in Days--Maintainers:
March 1 (pm starting weight, maintain range, and goal for the month; 145, range 141-149, goal 4 weeks)
March 7
March 14
March 21
March 28
March 31 (last chance)

Maintainer Goals:
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

Welcome to *~*Maddening March*~* 2014 edition! Losers and Maintainers welcome!

Quick overview:
Weigh in days
March 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
March 7
March 14
March 21
March 28
March 31 (last chance)

Pm weights to Eliza32

How the challenge works:
This is the new and improved challenge that replaces the BL challenges. Like the show has evolved, so have our challenges and this format takes the best of that long standing tradition and makes it even better!

The goal of the new challenge is to meet your weight loss/maintain goals on a monthly basis. Results will be posted as percentages toward goal and your color will change as you approach your goal, similar to the exercise thread on the WISH boards. It is the hope that this new format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

Heres how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it) except the hostess for the month. NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Let me repeat: NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL. A loss is a loss is a loss. Your color will change based on your % lost toward goal.

If you want to take part, on March 1st you will pm Eliza32 (hostess for February) your starting weight AND your goal for the month. On Friday March 7, March 14, March 21, and March 28 you can pm Eliza32 an updated weight. There is a last chance to update your progress on Monday 31st March

Each week the thread will be updated with your percentage toward goal.

Here is an example of what the stats will look like.

Updated January 7, 2014
Minnie Mouse 25.00 %
Daisy Duck 12.00 %
Goofy 0.00%
Donald Duck 33.33 %
Mickey Mouse 40.00 %

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--ALMOST THERE!
100% WISH green

In this case Goofy, put on a few pounds, but that will be reported as 0%. We are not going to call people out, but just report positive moves towards your goal!

Minnie Mouse had a starting weight of 110 with a goal of 4 pounds. At her weigh in she reported a weight of 109 with a percentage loss of 25%.

Your color will change based on your % loss. If you gain, your percentage will decrease, and your color will change, but no one will know your weight except the hostess. Only your % loss toward goal will be reported. Negative percentages will not be reported

Participants (other than the hostess) will not know your pound lost goal or actual weight unless you choose to share it with them.

Maintainers will set a goal for the month of number of weeks they would like to stay in maintain range (+/- 4 pounds).
They will weigh in on the first day of the month and then on each of the weekends. Their results will be reported as percentages along with their goal.

For example:
Pluto 1/4 25%.

Pluto has a goal of maintaining all four weeks. He put on 1 pound at the first weigh in, but is in his maintain range.

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

It really is pretty simple. Remember, no one will see your weight or pound loss goal except the hostess unless you choose to share it.

Percentage loss will be updated once a week. If you miss sending in your weight over the weekend, no big deal, just send an update the following weekend. Please understand that this is a volunteer job and the hostess will only be updating once a week.

Hopefully I have answered all of your questions.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing everyone meet their healthy living goals!

Participant List

Losers:
50sjayne
araes2102 (Amanda)
BernardandMissBianca (Buffy)
bigsis1970 (Michelle)
BubblesNH (Michelle)
Castillo Mom (Lisa)
DisFam95
Eliza32 (Helen)
Flossbolna (Magdalene)
lisah0711 (Lisa)
lloydy (Jules)
momofdjc (Renee)
myweegirls (Liz)
ohMom (Molli)
PlutoBaby (Kimberley)
Raenstoirm (Carla Rae)
Ronda93 (Ronda)
Rose&Mike (Rose)
RoyalMom (Jaki)
runningjusme (Christine)
sammykster
The Rose227 (Erin)
WannaBinPictures
willonlyflytodisney (Stacey)

Maintainers:

Coaching Schedule

We will have coaches for this challenge. Coaches post the Question of the Day (QOTD), do replies, and generally keep our conversation moving. Coaching is a lot of fun and coaches often enjoy what we call "the coaching effect" and have a great loss the weeks that they coach. It is a lot of fun!

Here is the coaching schedule for March. The coaching time of five days seems to be working... giving us a little more variety and making it easier on our coaches who do so much for us.

These challenges are "run" by volunteers and it takes everyone participating to make a successful challenge.

3/01 - 3/05
3/06 - 3/10 Lisah0711 (Lisa)
4/11 - 3/15 willonlyflytodisney (Stacey)
3/16 - 3/20
3/21 - 3/25 Flossbolna (Magdalene)
3/26 - 3/31 bigsis1970 (Michelle)
Thanks to all who have volunteered to coach!

Future Challenges

We had a great year with our new WATP challenge format. We launched a new challenge format, had lots of lovely hostesses helping us along the way, and even had hostesses from Europe all summer which is a first for any WISH challenge that I know of.

But these challenges don't run themselves -- it takes a lot of effort from everyone especially our hostesses. One of the reasons we switched to the monthly format was to avoid hostess burnout. We need hostesses for future challenges. Any volunteers?

Future challenge hostesses:
April 2014 Friend of a Mouse
May 2014 willonlyflytodisney (Stacey)
June 2014 Flossbolna (Magdalene)
July 2014 araes2102 (Amanda)
August 2014
September 2014
October 2014 Lisah0711 (Lisa)
November 2014
December 2014

I am signing up for March! And hope that this month will be better than the previous one. Starting middle of next week I can restart exercising after my injury and I can't wait! I need to have a no excuses month, my cruise is coming closer and I need to fit into my wonderful formal dress!!!!

Helen, thanks for hosting this month! I can coach for one 5-day-period and any is fine for me!

Thanks Magdalene, good to hear from you. You choose the dates you would like others can fit around that.......

I'm in! Thanks so much for hosting!

My goals for this month are to cook dinner for myself, and eat no more than 1 frozen meal a week!

But, let's be real. My only goal this month is to somehow gain the ability to MAKE IT WARMER!!!

Come on, Spring!

:cheer2:

As a little starter...we usually go through the process of introducing ourselves.....

Thought I'd do a little list that we could all stick to???

Real Name (if you want to share....) Helen

Family: Married to DH 20 years, no children but one small ginger feline furbaby

Job/How you spend your days: Health & Safety Advisor for a local healthcare provider

Hobbies/Interests: Running, walking, camping, cooking

Your motivation for joining this thread: Finally decided enough was enough! I was 50 last year and decided it was time to get my act together before I had any serious health problems

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Slimming World (UK weekly slimming club), I discovered a love of running last summer. I run 5K twice a week and do 1 zumba class a week at the moment

Anything else you want to tell us: I've been taking part in these challenges for 15 months and they have been a fantastic support and inspiration for me, Thanks Guys!!!

I am signing up for March! And hope that this month will be better than the previous one. Starting middle of next week I can restart exercising after my injury and I can't wait! I need to have a no excuses month, my cruise is coming closer and I need to fit into my wonderful formal dress!!!!

Helen, thanks for hosting this month! I can coach for one 5-day-period and any is fine for me!

Yay for healing!
Quotd Thu. 27th.
Taking that metabolism quiz made me realize how much I love food. Name one thing that makes you happier than food.

Top of my head-- my favorite thing right now is mornings I can sleep in with the kitty you see in my sig. He is so sweet, gets under the covers with me, gives me kisses and cuddles.

I found you guys....

I'm so in!! I'll be lucky to get back to my February starting weight by the end of February. What a mess of a month. My starting weight for March may need to come in on Monday the 3rd, given our weekend plans, but I'm in!

Real Name (if you want to share....)

I'm Liz!

I'm 41, married to DH (Eric) for 10 years, 2 DDs (Anna is 9, and Tessa is 7). Two insane cats.

Job/How you spend your days:
Two paid jobs - I'm a budget & finance asst. director at George Washington University (in Academic Affairs), and I'm also the pre-production manager for an academic economics journal (peer-reviewed). Very egg-heady. :)

Hobbies/Interests:
I love singing, reading, movies, running, traveling to WDW (go figure)...not enough hours in the day for these fun pursuits!

Your motivation for joining this thread:
I needed the extra push, that something beyond what I'd been doing, which was holding me steady but not getting me where I wanted to be. The support here is so helpful - I never feel like I'm alone, on my good days or my bad ones.

Type of food/exercise plan you follow:
WW, baby...I'm a lifetime member! I'm currently a little over my maintenance range, so I'm in the loser camp again this month. I put several pounds on while training for Dopey late last year (SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME), and I've been trying to get them off ever since.

Anything else you want to tell us:
You are all amazing and wonderful, and I'm privileged to know you! Here's to a great March!

XO
Liz

I am very excited to join this board. This will be my first month doing this. I can't wait to get to know everyone here. :)

Real Name (if you want to share....) Sara

Family: Dating the best guy ever. We have be together for just over a year.

Job/How you spend your days: I am the manager at a small grocery store.

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time outside (walking,running,hiking), comic books and board games, Disney (no surprise), and youtube

Your motivation for joining this thread: Over the past couple of years I have been slowly losing weight. I know what I need to do to lose the weight I just need the motivation to stay on track and just do it. Plus i'm a M.O.H in a May wedding so I'd like to lose some weight before that.

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: My plan is eat less/healthier and move my body more.

Anything else you want to tell us: I'm sick and tired of almost reaching a goal then getting scared and gaining back the weight i worked so hard to lose. Enough is enough!

HI Gang, I'm back for March.. I don't do my WW WI till tomorrow so I'll Pm the results on Monday..

I'll take the 3 days 26-27-28 for Coaching..

here is my intro!

As a little starter...we usually go through the process of introducing ourselves.....

Real Name (if you want to share....) Michelle
Family: Married to Hubs for 5.5 years, 2 children DD - 20 and DS -17 and one Chubby ginger feline furbaby..

Job/How you spend your days: Workflow coordinator in a large disabilty insurance company

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbooking, disney, cookinig & bakiing

Your motivation for joining this thread:
I have type 2 diabetes and need to get it under control so my Dr doesn't put me back on a once a week shot, plus 2015 is a big trip and I want to look stellar!

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: I do a WW and low carb combo for a food plan, try and get to the gym 3 to 4 days a week and do 1 zumba class a week at the moment

Anything else you want to tell us:I love the support we get here.. you all are wonderfully motivationing and I appreciate you all!!!

Happy Friday - hope everyone has a great weigh in and see you Monday..

Thank you for hosting Helen!

And welcome to all the new folks!

I'm in, though I am not going to do my official weigh in until Sunday or Monday. We are traveling. I think we are going to have to cut our trip a little short because of this silly Titan storm. Oh well, what can you do?:confused3 Unless we have entered a new ice age, it has got to get warmer sooner or later, right? :goodvibes

Real Name (if you want to share....) Rose :goodvibes

Family: Married for a long time...27 yrs in May. Oh my, that is a long time! One 22 yo son who is a grad student and lives 500 miles away. :) No fur babies at the moment.:sad1:

Job/How you spend your days: Part time donor data base administrator for a non-profit.

Hobbies/Interests: Running, walking, working out, cooking, gardening and decorating (though currently we are in an apartment). We do a lot of traveling in the US and usually go somewhere every 4-6 weeks.

Your motivation for joining this thread: I have been doing these threads starting with the BL threads in 2010. Lost 50+ pounds, but have put about 23 back on. At a minimum I need to drop at least 10 to get back to a place I feel a little more comfortable at.

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: I eat gf for health reasons and vegetarian because I choose to--but have found since going gf I have actually gained weight. After looking at the metabolic stuff, I have decided I need a little more protein, so I am going to be reading up a little more on that this month. I run or walk at least a mile every day (since Jan 1, 2013 :)) and have set a goal of 2014 min of exercise every month this year. I also do yoga to keep the aches and pains under control. :)

Anything else you want to tell us: Nope, that's it. :)

It's so nice to see all our new and returning particpants as we get ready to start another month! :goodvibes

Real Name (if you want to share....) Lisa

Family: Married for 20 years and one DS

Job/How you spend your days: Attorney

Hobbies/Interests: Running, reading, travel

Your motivation for joining this thread: I am a veteran of these challenges so I would not want to miss one! ;)

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Weight watchers.

Anything else you want to tell us: These challenges are a ton of fun and help you to never, ever give up! :cool2:

Helen, thanks for hostessing this month! :flower3: Sent you some coaching dates in my PM.

Here's to a successful March for all of us! ::yes::

Happy almost March, everyone! What a great idea to introduce ourselves! :)

Real Name (if you want to share....) Stacey, but I'm constantly on the lookout for nicknames, or different names entirely =P

Family: Just me, I guess! I'm 23, and no DBF, no kids and no pets. Hoping to get at least one of those sometime soon!

Job/How you spend your days: Marketing and Event Coordinator, hoping to move into events and hospitality soon!

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, drawing, painting, video editing, walking anywhere and everywhere, visiting WDW of course, traveling, and working out.

Your motivation for joining this thread: Tired of being the overweight girl in every picture surrounded by the skinny girls. Working at WDW made me put on a TON of weight, so I figured using WDW would work as an inspiration to help me take it off!

Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Weight Watchers all the way! And Power90 for exercise! Moving up to Level 3-4 on Sunday and I'm very excited!!

Anything else you want to tell us: It's been a really hard year of trying to find myself - most of my friends moved out of NYC right as I moved back, and I've struggled for awhile to figure out what I want to be doing with my life, and if NYC is really the place I want to be doing it. Coming home each night to a super chilly apt with very little heat is hard. But, opening this thread keeps me warm. :) Thanks everyone for being an awesome support system.

QUOTD FEB. 28th Friday:

What's your motivation for losing weight right now?

For me vanity is the biggest issue, I'll be honest. I'm almost 46 but I'm still fighting to hang on to some semblance of attractiveness. It seems like I've always had to fight for it--now it's just harder and takes more time. I don't know when if ever, I'll feel like giving up. I see all kinds of women around me who just don't seem to give a darn and they seem pretty happy and successful. Until I was a teen I never cared how I looked, I was happy climbing trees, scouting deer trails, reading Nancy Drew, collecting rocks. Wonder if at some point I'll be happy to settle back into that.

Real Name (if you want to share....) Susan

Family: Married almost 25 years Daughter 25 bun in oven, son 23
Job/How you spend your days:meat dept at a chain grocery store, working out, tv., maintaining hoard of cats

Hobbies/Interests: movies, reading, cats, building muscle/fitness.

Your motivation for joining this thread: Lost 50 pounds a few years back and have slowly gained much of it back, if I'm not on this thread then I keep gaining.
Type of food/exercise plan you follow: Juat trying to eat and drink less, I exercise 5 days a week, will try to up aerobic maybe

Anything else you want to tell us: I've been taking part in these challenges for 15 months and they have been a fantastic support and inspiration for me, Thanks Guys!!!
--And we're happy to have ya!

Sounds good, although I think the Nancy Drew is questionable at your age!!!!!

Lol, probably. Have to settle for Kellerman as far as mysteries go I guess. Hmm-- I have the latest Dan Brown I need to crack into but I have to finish the walking dead compendium I got for my son for xmas first or he'll be disappointed in me.

Hello everyone and happy Friday! So excited to be joining. I did pretty well in February so I'm hoping to keep the momentum going in March.

Family: I'm a widow of two years. I have three wonderful sons ages 20, 22 and 24 and they all still live at home which I love! I'll post a picture of us below taken at Disneyland last Sunday on Dapper Day. Would love to see pictures of all of you and your families if you are willing to share!:)
Job/how I spend my days; I work full time as a manager at an HMO so that keeps me extremely busy. Family is my top priority so that takes up the rest of my time. Our fave thing to do together is visit Disneyland - we are only 15 minutes away!
Hobbies/interests: Travel. Oh and photography is an interest but haven't had time to take any classes yet.
Motivation for joining: Oops, forgot to mention that the first time. My motivation is that I want to get healthy. There's a history of diabetes in my family although I don't have it yet. I also have ankle arthritis and although weight loss won't cure it, losing some pounds can sure help. This is a great forum to help keep me going because I know I'm not in this alone and I can relate to all of you who are on this journey.
Type of food/exercise plan: I'm doing carb control but struggling with exercise although I do have a gym membership.
Anything else: Hmm, can't think of anything other than that I love this board and really enjoy reading about all of your experiences. So many inspiring stories to help keep me motivated and encouraged when in feeling down so thanks for that!

IMG_0447-M.jpg

IMG_0448-M.jpg

1932475_812933265388282_74491650_n-M.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter