WISH Away the Pounds July Challenge - Everyone Welcome!!

10. Be prepared to fall in love!! :love: Disney will do that to you!!

Phew..... it was tough to limit myself there!!:rotfl2: .............P

Love, love, love all the tips and trick, Pamela! :love:

Once again sorry for being late on weight updating. Will come tonight!!!

And I should have been better about it since I finally have a loss to report! :cool1:

So sorry for being so absent, I would love to chat more, but don't have the energy...

Lisa, thanks for coaching! I also saw that you tried to get a discussion about the way forward. I am not sure that the lack in interest has anything to do with the format. I think it is a sign that the community aspect of the DIS is decreasing due to places like facebook, and maybe with regard to this forum, MFP and similar things. I recently read an interesting discussion about cruise meet threads on the DCL forum. There it seems that a lot of the cruise meets now mainly consist of a link to the facebook group.

I am not on facebook (personal choice) and I love our group here. I would love for it to continue. Also, I am fine with doing the bookkeeping, I would not mind to continue to do it for some time. It is something that is great for me to keep me motivated. So totally selfish reasons. I do think if we turn into a total chat group, we will soon disappear totally...

QOTD:

Pam already covered so much ground... :goodvibes

My WDW tip would be: don't get sucked into the believe that came with the dining plan that you need to have an ADR for a table service restaurant every day. There are plenty of interesting counter service options! Also, don't forget that there are plenty of easy to reach non-Disney restaurants that are very good as well, like at the Swan and Dolphin or at Downtown Disney.

And my general Disney tip: Don't get stuck on going only to one of the Disney resorts. So far I have been to DL, DLP and WDW (and really want to go to TDR!), they all are great in some ways. I know that travel is expensive, but if you enjoy Disney, try to see more than just your home resort!

I love the tip about going to different Disney parks, Magdalene! :love:

I agree that a chat format is the least desirable of formats but I do worry about hostess or coach burnout. :flower3: I think that we will see some more participants when the next "new year" cycle of school starting rolls around. I also hope that some more people consider volunteering to coach. :goodvibes I do find these challenges motivating and that is why I continue to participate. :thanks:

I think it may be time for a new scale. Hubby has been telling me it's giving him funky numbers lately. I told him that's because he is eating the portion for 3 people. He ate 3 cans of spaghetti o's the other night for supper.:eek:

If you didn't find a new scale that you liked maybe the batteries have gone wonky on the old one? :confused3

My Disney tip? Try to go every 3-4 years as you can afford it. We haven't gone in 4 years, and are taking DS for the first time (he's 19.5 months at time of vacation). Tip 2: Take your kid(s) before they turn 3 so you get them in for free. After that, I would wait until they are tall enough to ride all the rides. I really don't want to take the boy back if he's an inch or two short for some of the thrill rides, and have to deal with that. :thumbsup2

I'm sure your DS is going to have a great time at his first visit to WDW and you and DW will enjoy watching his excitement and joy! :cool2:

I love all your tips P... Can't wait for my trip!!!

Glad to see you ladies are all doing well.. :)

Hi Michelle! So nice to see you! :flower3: Hope that you are having a great summer.

I managed to get myself and dd up early today so maybe it will get us back on a schedule for the start of school coming up shortly. She will be doing online public school this year through k12. She is super excited and I will have to plan a few events with my homeschooling friend for enrichment type things. This way maybe we can maintain a better schedule. She can work on school while I work on finding some income either at home or part time or full time around a schedule that would keep her on "home" school. She's been begging for this for years. There is a chance we may move to Ohio later in the year so this way was just more logical in cases of that coming forward. We were supposed to over summer but some things came up.

We will be off to her dentist appointment in a little bit so I'm glad I got all this catching up done now. I have lots of prep work to do around the house so she can have her 11th birthday party this weekend. Her birthday is Saturday but my best friend is attending another friends little girls party at the lake so we are having it Sunday though dd really has no care if she makes it or her kids(they all annoy her except the baby :rotfl:) but its just a ritual we've had. Hopefully a few of her other friends will make it with such short notice. And double hoping for no 2nd menstrual cycle to come ruin it. So far its past due on a 28 day range so hopefully doesn't show up lat now and ruin her chance to have swimming with the party(weather permitting and it usually is fine). [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hope that your DD has a wonderful party this week-end! party:

Homeschooling is a big challenge for you both but something that I'm sure that you will always remember. :teacher:

My Disney tip is plan and rope drop. I love Pamela's tips and use most of them--don't think I could ever get the kids to wear coordinating shirts!

Well, thanks to ToM I was up 3 pounds at weigh in! Ugh, but two are gone now and I'm hoping they will pick up a friend or two this week.

DS#2 has give us his list of prospective colleges :scared: Think we may do some visits at the end of next month. Most are in Minnesota, with one in Boston and one in Rochester, NY. We've told him he needs to get serious about finding scholarships because there is no way to afford those small private colleges! :faint:

Oh, thinking about college is so scary! :scared: I'm sure you've heard of the tuition reciprocity program in the NW between some of the schools. I tell my DS that he can go anywhere he wants to for college but if it is anywhere but state school that he has to figure out how to pay for it himself -- he hates to spend his own money so state school is at the top of the list. :rotfl2:

I have not stuck with my goals this month. I used my birthday as an excuse to fall back in to all of my bad habits. I have not weighed in for the last two weeks. I know that the scale has moved in the opposite direction.

After saying all of the that, the one thing that I have done to help me with my goal is I went to the gym. Monday was the first time I hit the gym in probably six month. I am going to the gym this afternoon as well.

Hi Jenn! So nice to see you! :flower3: Sorry for the tough month but look -- the wagon is right here ready for you! Kudos for getting to the gym and getting another workout in this week. One step at a time! ::yes::

I see some email notifications so I will BRB.

Good morning all! :goodvibes

QOTD Wednesday, July 23, 2014: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did this week to help you with your goals.

My :woohoo: for the week is adding an extra day of running on Mondays no less as called for by my new 10k training schedule. Some of you may recall that I just don't work out on Mondays. I have trouble working it in and found I had better success just accepting it as a rest day but old habits can be busted for at least 8 weeks. :rotfl2:

My woohoo for this week???? Hmmmmm... skipping the cake this weekend would be an easy thing to say.... but since I don't really like cake, it wasn't hard! :lmao:

That is an excellent :woohoo:!

Yesterday I job-traded with DS. I did the mowing and gave him my list of inside chores. Then I made sure to push that stupid mower with every bit of power inside of me!! I had a heart-pounding, heavy breathing, sweating like mad workout for 72 minutes..... plus the lawn got mowed and some weeds got pulled! Woohoo for a workout that accomplished more than just health!

And another excellent :woohoo: How did DS like the trade for the inside stuff?

Today is my "get it done" day.... I am going to accomplish ALL of those silly things on my "do it later" list! I AM going to fill out my passport application, I AM going to call and reschedule the mammogram I missed in December, I AM going to call my doctor for a physical and PAP that is loooooong overdue, I AM going to make an eye appointment.

Good luck with all those naggy to do items -- I know you will feel good when each one is crossed off the list! :thumbsup2

It is warm and super muggy here today. I plan to go out and finish the mowing before it gets too hot.... then I will do my phone calls, etc during the hot afternoon. I also need to plan our menu for vacation week. With 3 of us on WW, I plan to make SURE that there are lots of ON PLAN options for those of us who so choose.... including TREAT options! That is where we are usually lacking. We usually eat fairly healthy as a group and I can almost always find something for breakfast and lunch that fits my plan.... but once the treats come out, it is hard to resist if there isn't anything else to grab. So while I'm not a HUGE advocate of prepackaged snacks and such, I will be sure to have a basket of WW (and WW approved) sweets and treats handy!

Kudos to you for a great vacation plan! When is vacation? :beach:

QOTD: Well, my wahoo is it's not even 8 AM and I have gone swimming and gone for a walk this morning! Plus I have a planned workout for Friday morning. We got a call last night and need to be someplace 3 hours away Friday morning, so that will mess up my exercise plans. Plan B will be just fine!

I'm not sure if this will be a wahoo or not, but I am trying something different for breakfast. I just ate an English muffin with some of the delicious blueberry jam I made a few days ago. :cloud9: Yesterday I bought some Greek yogurt so will eat that as well and then see how long it holds me!

Pamela--he is thinking about Berklee School of Music. If anybody knows any good music colleges, please let me know! He's going primarily for voice.

Better get started with my day! Enjoy yours!!!:goodvibes

QOTD Wednesday, July 23, 2014: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did this week to help you with your goals.

BRB with replies.

Woohoo. It's not necessarily something I did that is helping with my goals but something other people did. I had two co-workers today ask if I had lost weight because I look "thinner".....no bigger motivation for me to help me stick to my goal than other people noticing a change in my size. Doing the happy dance....:banana:

Hey friend!! How are you doing???

Fingers crossed that "Aunt Flo" stays away a bit longer!! And I loved that your quote was a Walt quote!!

Okay friends.... today's workout (aka mowing the lawn at full speed in the hot sun) is done and I am literally DRIPPING wet here. I told myself I could sit in the air conditioned office until 2:30 to drop my core temp before heading to the shower and getting ready for work... but it is now 2:34, so I must dash! TTYL................P

Yeah my snakes in my bag. LOL Funny thing is the second time I typed snacks it got fixed that one got typed as snakes too. My fingers are faster than my brain can signal. No such luck on the poor kids af staying away. :( She started yesterday morning or the night before. With any luck she can still swim Sunday. Last month she started on a tuesday and we swam on Sunday. Great job mowing lawn then going off to work.

BRB with replies.

Stuck through a workout despite the sore behind. ;)

Hey y'all! New to WISH. I'm attempting to take off 40 pounds, as I've plateaued over the years after having serious health problems and after I had my two year old.

I'm using Lose It!, and hopefully will be able to keep up with my dieting (or tracking) and water intake.

I'm attempting to drink 100 oz. per day.
I'm a full time employee at Tom + Chee (gourmet tomato soup and grilled cheese) and I'm having a tough time.

Anyone have any tips on how to stick with it? Or any exercise ideas for people who aren't quite fit, or someone recovering from health problems?

Thanks in advance!

- Jess

Stick with it do what you can on a routine basis. I was fairly immobilized with very bad anxiety that had me somewhat agoraphobic and not wanting to leave the house. After some treatment and learning some coping techniques I'm med free and doing well. Just gotta go a day at a time and do what you can.

My Disney tip is plan and rope drop. I love Pamela's tips and use most of them--don't think I could ever get the kids to wear coordinating shirts!

Well, thanks to ToM I was up 3 pounds at weigh in! Ugh, but two are gone now and I'm hoping they will pick up a friend or two this week.

DS#2 has give us his list of prospective colleges :scared: Think we may do some visits at the end of next month. Most are in Minnesota, with one in Boston and one in Rochester, NY. We've told him he needs to get serious about finding scholarships because there is no way to afford those small private colleges! :faint:

Dirty TOM causing water retention. Hopefully it drops back next week. :goodvibes

I have not stuck with my goals this month. I used my birthday as an excuse to fall back in to all of my bad habits. I have not weighed in for the last two weeks. I know that the scale has moved in the opposite direction.

After saying all of the that, the one thing that I have done to help me with my goal is I went to the gym. Monday was the first time I hit the gym in probably six month. I am going to the gym this afternoon as well.

Bounce back into it. It really stinks how life can get in the way and go off our planned track.

Morning all!!

Today is my "get it done" day.... I am going to accomplish ALL of those silly things on my "do it later" list! I AM going to fill out my passport application, I AM going to call and reschedule the mammogram I missed in December, I AM going to call my doctor for a physical and PAP that is loooooong overdue, I AM going to make an eye appointment.

It is warm and super muggy here today. I plan to go out and finish the mowing before it gets too hot.... then I will do my phone calls, etc during the hot afternoon. I also need to plan our menu for vacation week. With 3 of us on WW, I plan to make SURE that there are lots of ON PLAN options for those of us who so choose.... including TREAT options! That is where we are usually lacking. We usually eat fairly healthy as a group and I can almost always find something for breakfast and lunch that fits my plan.... but once the treats come out, it is hard to resist if there isn't anything else to grab. So while I'm not a HUGE advocate of prepackaged snacks and such, I will be sure to have a basket of WW (and WW approved) sweets and treats handy!

My usual vacation week MO starts out like this..... Saturday I am ON PLAN but with one small splurge (usually a cocktail). Sunday I am mostly ON PLAN but sometimes grab a bit of dessert..... and by WEDNESDAY... I have lost all control and am eating like my 200+ pound self. And then I spend the entire Fall trying to lose what I gain that week so that I don't go into the holiday season above my maintenance range. BUT NOT THIS YEAR!! I will be LEADING BY EXAMPLE to my fellow healthy eaters! I will plan a HEALTHY OP breakfast AND lunch for myself (and whoever else would like to stay OP) each and every day!! And at dinner I will indulge, just a bit, on whatever is made (we take turns cooking dinner). And I WILL skip most desserts.... they just aren't worth the damage they do!! Boxed brownies, grocery store ice cream.... just not special enough! I will indulge in a bit of dessert if it is something homemade like my Mom's blueberry crisp. But I will be sure to have on hand plenty of special WW style treats... things I don't usually indulge in so they will seem special! And I may even do some baking and make some healthy OP treats to bring along.... like my black bean brownies which are SURPRISINGLY delicious!

Anyhow, enough rambling here! Off to waste just a bit of time on Pinterest before heading out to mow! I'll BBL to chat............P
Tired just reading all that. I also have to schedule a PAP I'm overdue a year or two. Plus gotta call insurance and switch dd's dr back somehow when they sent new cards they switched to a dr an hour or more away. No way!! But her 6 month dental appointment is done and went well. No cavities back in 6 months.

Woohoo. It's not necessarily something I did that is helping with my goals but something other people did. I had two co-workers today ask if I had lost weight because I look "thinner".....no bigger motivation for me to help me stick to my goal than other people noticing a change in my size. Doing the happy dance....:banana:
That is great. Its so awesome when people notice and of course motivating.

I tried to stay up yesterday after a long day. DD's dentist appointment went great. But when I backed in the drive my car gave out and I heard a whoosh and saw steam. So glad it was in the driveway not stranding me and two tweens on the freeway. And it turned out to be a cheaper fix than first thought. I had got a phone call at 8 that woke me up to do with dd's school so I stayed up despite a smaller amount of sleep than usual. But by evening I was exhausted and fell asleep in living room and then was up late. Meant to make our 2nd rack of ribs today but not happening too late in day to start them. One kids wants hamburgers...my summer visitor he's a pain in the **** to cook for last night he asked if the plate was his I thought he meant an empty one. He goes in and sees a sandwich my brother made and not liking it he threw it away thinking it was one I made for him which I never do because he is picky I let him get his own stuff. He frustrates the heck out of me and then goes wasting our limited food. He has ADD but still I would think he would ask what to do with it maybe someone else would want it. Then I have to remind myself he doesn't think like the normal person. :headache: He has a bond with my brother though and is ALWAYS here any school break. We might convince him to spend time with his grandparents for some of the summer but mostly he's here. So ready for school year to start in two weeks and have our normal routine back. With the homeschooling I can get up exercise with dd(she has to have physical education hours logged but there is no lessons for that so we get to choose swimming, dancing, aerobics or whatever.) They do have a summer lesson on healthy habits but it started at 2pm a couple hours ago and we missed it. They will have a recording so we will have to listen/watch that later this evening. There was some others on photography and video making I think she will like too. She does projects making videos with her Littlest Pet shop toys.

Okay enough novel. I will be heading off to do some yoga stretches for my hip, my left side keeps hurting from sleep or sitting I think its sciatic nerve stuff. :confused:

Hey :) I'm here for a quick check in to let you know that I'm still alive! With trying to get organized for a garage sale and DS's soccer camp, I haven't had much time for the computer. It's actually been kind of nice to be unplugged.

So, I have some exciting (and stressful) news which has caused me to stress eat a little. As most of you know, I am a special education teacher in a private alternative school for disruptive youth. My job can be very stressful, however, I love the people I work with. I applied for a special education job in the town I live (and grew up in) and I was offered the position! I am so excited, but also so nervous! The position is actually in my own kids' elementary school, so we are excited about that. I know most of the teachers and the principal. I am also very active with the PTO, so I am familiar with a lot of parents as well. I am completely sad to leave my friends and bosses, nervous about the new responsibilities, and excited to be in a public school again. Oh, and did I mention I'm really not sure what the assignment will be yet because the principal is on vacation? So, I don't really have a clue what I'm doing, except that I know it'll be an emotional support position. With our vacation the week before school starts, that only leaves me with about 3 weeks to get organized! :scared1:

I am really trying not to stress eat, but I find myself craving sweets later in the day. I broke down and had a donut tonight. Luckily, I am in training mode for the Rock N Roll Cleveland 1/2 so I am still exercising. I may not be around as much while I try to get my head wrapped around all that's going on here. But, I promise I am still reading along on the app :thumbsup2

I wish everyone a great rest of the week and I'll be back sometime soon.

Jill

When I started in June I was fitting very very snug into a size 15 jean. Sad to say I have jeans in my closet ranging in size from 15 to 7. Out of curiosity I got out a size 13 and put it on expecting it to be tight and it fits perfect!!!! :hyper:

I also pulled out a size 12 that I love love love. Dark jeans, very dressy. They are slightly snug and I'm not ready to wear them just yet but I am soooooo close. So, I hung them on the outside door of my closet to serve as motivation that I am almost there and not to give up.

QOTD Thursday, July 24, 2014: It's Tech Thursday. Share any technology that helps you with your healthy lifestyle. It could be an app, a kitchen gadget or even your high tech sneakers.

BRB with replies and my own answer.

QOTD Thursday, July 24, 2014: It's Tech Thursday. Share any technology that helps you with your healthy lifestyle. It could be an app, a kitchen gadget or even your high tech sneakers.

I love the app called "monitor your weight". It shows me plain and simple the information I need right on the start up page instead of me having to go search for it like in other apps I have used.

WOOHOO!!

Yeah my snakes in my bag. LOL Funny thing is the second time I typed snacks it got fixed that one got typed as snakes too. My fingers are faster than my brain can signal.

Mine too! I used to be such a good typist, but lately my brain and my fingers don't seem to coordinate.

No such luck on the poor kids af staying away. :( She started yesterday morning or the night before. With any luck she can still swim Sunday. Last month she started on a tuesday and we swam on Sunday.

Fingers crossed for her!

Good for you!

That is great. Its so awesome when people notice and of course motivating.

I tried to stay up yesterday after a long day. DD's dentist appointment went great. But when I backed in the drive my car gave out and I heard a whoosh and saw steam. So glad it was in the driveway not stranding me and two tweens on the freeway. And it turned out to be a cheaper fix than first thought. I had got a phone call at 8 that woke me up to do with dd's school so I stayed up despite a smaller amount of sleep than usual. But by evening I was exhausted and fell asleep in living room and then was up late. Meant to make our 2nd rack of ribs today but not happening too late in day to start them. One kids wants hamburgers...my summer visitor he's a pain in the **** to cook for last night he asked if the plate was his I thought he meant an empty one. He goes in and sees a sandwich my brother made and not liking it he threw it away thinking it was one I made for him which I never do because he is picky I let him get his own stuff. He frustrates the heck out of me and then goes wasting our limited food. He has ADD but still I would think he would ask what to do with it maybe someone else would want it. Then I have to remind myself he doesn't think like the normal person. :headache: He has a bond with my brother though and is ALWAYS here any school break. We might convince him to spend time with his grandparents for some of the summer but mostly he's here. So ready for school year to start in two weeks and have our normal routine back. With the homeschooling I can get up exercise with dd(she has to have physical education hours logged but there is no lessons for that so we get to choose swimming, dancing, aerobics or whatever.) They do have a summer lesson on healthy habits but it started at 2pm a couple hours ago and we missed it. They will have a recording so we will have to listen/watch that later this evening. There was some others on photography and video making I think she will like too. She does projects making videos with her Littlest Pet shop toys.

Okay enough novel. I will be heading off to do some yoga stretches for my hip, my left side keeps hurting from sleep or sitting I think its sciatic nerve stuff. :confused:

Sounds like a hectic summer for you. Glad your car repair was relatively cheap.

Hey :) I'm here for a quick check in to let you know that I'm still alive! With trying to get organized for a garage sale and DS's soccer camp, I haven't had much time for the computer. It's actually been kind of nice to be unplugged.

So, I have some exciting (and stressful) news which has caused me to stress eat a little. As most of you know, I am a special education teacher in a private alternative school for disruptive youth. My job can be very stressful, however, I love the people I work with. I applied for a special education job in the town I live (and grew up in) and I was offered the position! I am so excited, but also so nervous! The position is actually in my own kids' elementary school, so we are excited about that. I know most of the teachers and the principal. I am also very active with the PTO, so I am familiar with a lot of parents as well. I am completely sad to leave my friends and bosses, nervous about the new responsibilities, and excited to be in a public school again. Oh, and did I mention I'm really not sure what the assignment will be yet because the principal is on vacation? So, I don't really have a clue what I'm doing, except that I know it'll be an emotional support position. With our vacation the week before school starts, that only leaves me with about 3 weeks to get organized! :scared1:

You can do it! You will be GREAT!! Congratulations!!

I am really trying not to stress eat, but I find myself craving sweets later in the day. I broke down and had a donut tonight. Luckily, I am in training mode for the Rock N Roll Cleveland 1/2 so I am still exercising. I may not be around as much while I try to get my head wrapped around all that's going on here. But, I promise I am still reading along on the app :thumbsup2

Jill

We will miss you if you aren't around, but we understand!! But don't be a stranger!

When I started in June I was fitting very very snug into a size 15 jean. Sad to say I have jeans in my closet ranging in size from 15 to 7. Out of curiosity I got out a size 13 and put it on expecting it to be tight and it fits perfect!!!! :hyper:

I also pulled out a size 12 that I love love love. Dark jeans, very dressy. They are slightly snug and I'm not ready to wear them just yet but I am soooooo close. So, I hung them on the outside door of my closet to serve as motivation that I am almost there and not to give up.

That is wonderful!! Now it is time to let those size 15 jeans be a blessing to someone else..... LET THEM GO! You won't need them again!

Morning all! Not really any time to chat, as I need to head into town to do my monthly weigh-in for work :rolleyes2 I have no misconceptions that it will be great, but hoping to be less than a pound above my goal... so nothing to eat or drink before I go and the coffee smells SO GOOD! Then off to run an errand or two and then the chiropractor.... :goodvibes at 10:30. Then a few groceries and home again. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and he has decided it will be a splurge day (for him that means CARBS), so I need to buy the makings for a small cake and nice homemade pizza!

Gotta dash... I'll BBL to chat................P

I use myfitnesspal on my phone and my computer to track my calories and exercise. I had the fitbit force, but due to the recall I do not use it anymore. I am thinking of buying the fitbit one to help track my calories burned more accurately.

WOOHOO!!

That is wonderful!! Now it is time to let those size 15 jeans be a blessing to someone else..... LET THEM GO! You won't need them again!

I have always held onto them in the past "just incase" but I don't want to be "just incase" anymore. I DON'T WANT TO be back in that size. If I get rid of them I will be more motivated to not get back to that because I HATE clothes shopping and that would mean I have to hunt down more pants.

Thanks for the tip. I plan on going thru my closet tonight and take out clothes, clothes that are slightly too big and even clothes that will fit me later but I KNOW I won't wear....some are outdated and some are from my "going out" days and I am not that person anymore.

QOTD: Well, my wahoo is it's not even 8 AM and I have gone swimming and gone for a walk this morning! Plus I have a planned workout for Friday morning. We got a call last night and need to be someplace 3 hours away Friday morning, so that will mess up my exercise plans. Plan B will be just fine!

That is an excellent :woohoo:, Linda! How did your new breakfast work for you?

Another excellent :woohoo:, Desiree! You know you are making progress when people notice. :cool2:

:woohoo: for sticking it out, Melissa! Glad the car repairs weren't too bad. :flower3:

Jill

:woohoo: on a new job opportunity, Jill! That is exciting! I know that you will do great and I'm sure most of the stress is from not knowing what you will be doing. I know you can do it -- I remember one year they threw a totally new class at you on short notice and you did awesome. Enjoy your vacation and the next phase of your career and come say hello when you can. :flower3:

:woohoo: for smaller sizes!

I've told you about my ActiveLink and WW e-tools being such a help to me before but I tell you the tech item I appreciate the most right now is wicking running clothing. It's a lifesaver for running in the summer. :sunny:

I love the app called "monitor your weight". It shows me plain and simple the information I need right on the start up page instead of me having to go search for it like in other apps I have used.

I've never heard of that one -- sounds nice to have everything in one spot! :goodvibes

I was going to say the same thing myself! :thumbsup2

Morning all! Not really any time to chat, as I need to head into town to do my monthly weigh-in for work :rolleyes2 I have no misconceptions that it will be great, but hoping to be less than a pound above my goal... so nothing to eat or drink before I go and the coffee smells SO GOOD! Then off to run an errand or two and then the chiropractor.... :goodvibes at 10:30. Then a few groceries and home again. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and he has decided it will be a splurge day (for him that means CARBS), so I need to buy the makings for a small cake and nice homemade pizza!

Good luck with your WI today, Pamela! :flower3:

I use myfitnesspal on my phone and my computer to track my calories and exercise. I had the fitbit force, but due to the recall I do not use it anymore. I am thinking of buying the fitbit one to help track my calories burned more accurately.

A lot of folks on this thread use MFP. :cool2:

One of my WW friends switched from the ActiveLink (similar to the FitBit One) to the FitBit Force. She said she was always having to move the band around because it would pick up activity like pushing the cart around the grocery store. :confused3 There are some FitBit threads around on the Dis so read what others have to say. How did you like your FitBit before the recall? Did it give you a rash?

I have always held onto them in the past "just incase" but I don't want to be "just incase" anymore. I DON'T WANT TO be back in that size. If I get rid of them I will be more motivated to not get back to that because I HATE clothes shopping and that would mean I have to hunt down more pants.

Thanks for the tip. I plan on going thru my closet tonight and take out clothes, clothes that are slightly too big and even clothes that will fit me later but I KNOW I won't wear....some are outdated and some are from my "going out" days and I am not that person anymore.

Excellent, excellent plan! :cool1:

qotd: my computer because that's where you guys live! I'm not really a tech person. My jawbone/up band died and I still haven't figured out how to fix it. I use MFP but only sporadically (I've been good this week ;)). If my foot ever gets better and I can run again I've got a pretty slick watch gadget I like.

Had Greek yogurt again for breakfast today plus a banana muffin I made yesterday. It seems to hold me all right. I get hungry around 10:30 but just ignore it until lunch time. I tell myself something I learned on here, "hunger isn't an emergency."

Jill- congratulations! You will do great.

Good job to everybody sticking to exercise plans and wearing smaller clothes.

Hope everybody has a great day! Friday is coming!!

I'm using the FitBit Zip, the Aria WiFi scale, and a food scale to measure portions. Only had the Aria and Zip for a few days but so far loving them. Walked 5 miles yesterday, and so far another 3 miles today!

Also, I'm on SparkPeople, so I tied the FitBit and SparkPeople together to import data to each other.

Hi everyone!

We are back from an *amazing* trip to Aulani. WOW. The pictures and the reports don't do it justice - we loved every minute! We were in a DVC 1-bedroom and had great room for all of us, including a balcony with a view of the Pacific. Friends of ours staying there at the same time were completely randomly put in the studio next to us (!!), so we ended up using the shared door a lot.

I hit a grocery store and stocked up on breakfast foods. That helped a lot with eating well. But...yikes. I was great the first few days and then pretty well fell off the wagon the longer we stayed, foodwise. I ran four times while we were there, though, for a total of 14 miles (along the ocean walk, aahhh). My WI tomorrow will be pretty disastrous, but it would have been worse without the exercise!

It was unusually hot and muggy while we were there - the weather felt like it does here at home, but I'll take it there over here any day!

I was pretty dehydrated after our red-eye home, so I'm hoping some of the weight I have now is retention...my ankles last night looked like they did at the end of my pregnancy with DD1! I'm rehydrating and got out for a run today...and I'm back to tracking every bite.

What an amazing vacation, though...

XO
Liz

BRB with replies and my own answer.

My computer and my food scale!

I will say GOOD JOB!! It is so hard to let go of those "safety" clothes.... but it is SO FREEING!!

Hi everyone!

We are back from an *amazing* trip to Aulani. WOW. The pictures and the reports don't do it justice - we loved every minute! We were in a DVC 1-bedroom and had great room for all of us, including a balcony with a view of the Pacific. Friends of ours staying there at the same time were completely randomly put in the studio next to us (!!), so we ended up using the shared door a lot.

I hit a grocery store and stocked up on breakfast foods. That helped a lot with eating well. But...yikes. I was great the first few days and then pretty well fell off the wagon the longer we stayed, foodwise. I ran four times while we were there, though, for a total of 14 miles (along the ocean walk, aahhh). My WI tomorrow will be pretty disastrous, but it would have been worse without the exercise!

It was unusually hot and muggy while we were there - the weather felt like it does here at home, but I'll take it there over here any day!

I was pretty dehydrated after our red-eye home, so I'm hoping some of the weight I have now is retention...my ankles last night looked like they did at the end of my pregnancy with DD1! I'm rehydrating and got out for a run today...and I'm back to tracking every bite.

What an amazing vacation, though...

XO
Liz

Oh my!! That sounds amazing!! Can't wait to see some pictures!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip and got some fun ocean runs in!! Those vacation pounds will disappear soon, I'm sure! Welcome back!

Morning all! Weigh-in this morning put a small smile on my face because I am a SAMER! Even after some not-so-wonderful eating last weekend on the Cape, I still managed to hold my own! Sure, I would have loved to be down a bit, but this was truly a blessing (plus we had dinner LATE last night and I was concerned how that would show up today). And if I can hold strong, I can hopefully count on losing just ONE MORE POUND before we leave on vacation. I hate the thought of going on vacation exactly at the mid-point of my maintenance range.... it really gives me no wiggle room. But of course, that means no cake or treats today on DH's birthday. But it will be worth it!

Decided to skip making DH a cake here at home.... because that would, of course, mean LEFTOVER cake in the house! So we will take him out for dinner and a special dessert of his choice (ice cream is probably what it will be) and since we eat so healthy so much of the time, this will be a HUGE treat for him! My guess is that he will pick a pizza place like Uno's, since pizza is his number one favorite food and the carb that he misses the most. I can handle Uno's.... they have a great whole grain flatbread style veggie pizza that isn't too calorie-crazy.... or I could always opt for a salad.

It was SO COLD at my house this morning that the heat turned on!! I checked the thermometer when I got up and it was 59° in my house this morning! :crazy2: That is crazy cold for July! Sure it is refreshing, but brrrrr with all of the windows open and fans blowing! That being said, it really helps cool the house down and then when we get these crazy hot afternoons, the house doesn't get like a sauna.

Well.... the birthday boy is awake (aka DH) and it is time to make his first carb splurge of the day.... a double-sized Pillsbury Cinnabon cinnamon roll! :lmao: Now go eat your own healthy, light, clean, green breakfast and forget about the cinnamon roll smell wafting from my oven! :thumbsup2..............P

Please PM those numbers to Flossbolna today so we can see those colors changing. :rainbow: You still have six whole days to make your July goal. :cheer2:

Lots of folks getting ready to head out on vacations -- myself included. :cool2: And just in time here is a little article from myfitnesspal.com that showed up in my email this week.

6 Rules for Eating on Vacation

Vacation is all about freedom. You can wake up when you want, do what you want, go anywhere you want, eat anything you want… Well, not exactly.

If you’re abiding by healthy diet principles, then taking a vacation shouldn’t mean taking time off from nutritious eating, too. While you should approach your meals with somewhat of a YOLO mentality, it’s important not to overdo it. Reality might sink in when you get back from paradise, realize you’ve gained a couple pounds, and feel tempted to completely fall off the weight-loss wagon. “You shouldn’t worry about losing weight on vacation, but you shouldn’t have to gain any,” says Keri Gans, M.S., R.D., author of The Small Change Diet. Here, she gives tips for keeping the pounds off and still enjoying yourself.

Keep perspective. You can taste a lot of food you see, especially if it’s native to the region or special vacation treats, but you have to limit yourself. For instance, Gans says if you’re craving a margarita or pina colada, have one—but don’t think that vacation means bottomless refills and orders. “The food is not the only reason you’re on vacation,” says Gans. “Remember this is not your last meal.”

Be choosy. If you’re so-so on the beverage offerings, skip them and choose water so you can opt for dessert later. Or rotate your preferences. “If it’s a week-long vacation, maybe three nights you have dessert and the others you can get a fancy drink,” says Gans.

Bring your own snacks. To avoid the temptation to order an easy-to-eat slice of pizza or pop-able french fries on the beach or boardwalk, pack your own snacks. “I like 100-calorie packs of almonds and KIND bars,” Gans says. “Mindful snacking is important—you won’t be starving at dinner, and you won’t be prone to overeating when you walk into a restaurant.”

Beware of the breakfast buffet. Pass on any buffet for that matter. It’s better to choose a dish you’d really like from the menu, so it’s portioned out for you. If the buffet is your only option: “Don’t pick up a plate the first time you go through the line,” Gans says. “Take a look at everything, and then decide, so you don’t stop at every station.”

Squeeze in exercise. Vacations are a great time to run on the beach as the sun rises, take a walk along a scenic trail, or tap into anything that gets you moving. Try to plan movement into your daily vacation routine. “Swim, walk, explore, kayak—all of these are great,” Gans says. “In fact, I’ve even had clients lose weight on vacation, because they found they were moving more.” Vacation exercise can easily be fun. So, do it!

Check in with yourself. Upon return, you might be scared apprehensive to step on the scale and the damage that was done, if any. Gans says face the fear. “Get back on track immediately,” she says. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, so weigh yourself and face the music—and then let it go.” Whether you’re up, down, or the same, don’t dwell on the number. Just go right back to your healthy habits—you’ll regain comfort in your usual eating routine in no time!

Here is a link to the entire article https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=MyFitnessPal

QOTD Friday, July 25, 2014: What is your strategy for eating on vacation?

BBL with replies. :goodvibes

Sorry fo rbeing so absent. Work has become even worse - and is going to be that way until the first week of August... :crazy2:

I am still going to try to get your last week's weights updated tonight and then this weeks weights updated tomorrow, so we have both sets and can see the change.

I am also happy to host again in August.

I thought to try out something different though. Instead of having people coach and post QOTD, I think it would make more sense to have a new discussion question being discussed every three or four days on a set schedule. If I don't post daily I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the many questions and some would have been interesting. Also, maybe if it is less connected to a day, it might spark more discussion?

Anyway, since I think it is not going to work out to have coaches remember when it is time to post a new question, my idea was to ask people to submit questions of the day by PM to me, the host, and I would then post them according to a schedule. So maybe those who don't feel up to coaching, feel encouraged to submit a question, maybe on something that they would be interested to hear opinions on?

What do you all think?

6 Rules for Eating on Vacation

Vacation is all about freedom. You can wake up when you want, do what you want, go anywhere you want, eat anything you want… Well, not exactly.

If you’re abiding by healthy diet principles, then taking a vacation shouldn’t mean taking time off from nutritious eating, too. While you should approach your meals with somewhat of a YOLO mentality, it’s important not to overdo it. Reality might sink in when you get back from paradise, realize you’ve gained a couple pounds, and feel tempted to completely fall off the weight-loss wagon. “You shouldn’t worry about losing weight on vacation, but you shouldn’t have to gain any,” says Keri Gans, M.S., R.D., author of The Small Change Diet. Here, she gives tips for keeping the pounds off and still enjoying yourself.

Keep perspective. You can taste a lot of food you see, especially if it’s native to the region or special vacation treats, but you have to limit yourself. For instance, Gans says if you’re craving a margarita or pina colada, have one—but don’t think that vacation means bottomless refills and orders. “The food is not the only reason you’re on vacation,” says Gans. “Remember this is not your last meal.”

Be choosy. If you’re so-so on the beverage offerings, skip them and choose water so you can opt for dessert later. Or rotate your preferences. “If it’s a week-long vacation, maybe three nights you have dessert and the others you can get a fancy drink,” says Gans.

Bring your own snacks. To avoid the temptation to order an easy-to-eat slice of pizza or pop-able french fries on the beach or boardwalk, pack your own snacks. “I like 100-calorie packs of almonds and KIND bars,” Gans says. “Mindful snacking is important—you won’t be starving at dinner, and you won’t be prone to overeating when you walk into a restaurant.”

Beware of the breakfast buffet. Pass on any buffet for that matter. It’s better to choose a dish you’d really like from the menu, so it’s portioned out for you. If the buffet is your only option: “Don’t pick up a plate the first time you go through the line,” Gans says. “Take a look at everything, and then decide, so you don’t stop at every station.”

Squeeze in exercise. Vacations are a great time to run on the beach as the sun rises, take a walk along a scenic trail, or tap into anything that gets you moving. Try to plan movement into your daily vacation routine. “Swim, walk, explore, kayak—all of these are great,” Gans says. “In fact, I’ve even had clients lose weight on vacation, because they found they were moving more.” Vacation exercise can easily be fun. So, do it!

Check in with yourself. Upon return, you might be scared apprehensive to step on the scale and the damage that was done, if any. Gans says face the fear. “Get back on track immediately,” she says. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, so weigh yourself and face the music—and then let it go.” Whether you’re up, down, or the same, don’t dwell on the number. Just go right back to your healthy habits—you’ll regain comfort in your usual eating routine in no time!

Here is a link to the entire article https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=MyFitnessPal

QOTD Friday, July 25, 2014: What is your strategy for eating on vacation?

BBL with replies. :goodvibes

THANK YOU for this!! It is PERFECT as I go into our family vacation week soon and I am going to try SO HARD this year to keep some control! And with 3 of us doing WW, I might want to post this article on the vacation cottage fridge door!

I've done/attempted to do ALL of these strategies at one point in time or another. Sometimes I am MORE successful and sometimes less... but I always try to keep some control. The longer the vacation is, however, the more likely it is that I lose some control by the end. But I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS get back OP immediately.... the very next morning after we return home... no excuses, no reasons why I can't/won't/shouldn't. And I start back with my regularly scheduled weigh-ins... no matter what. And that, in a nutshell, is what made the difference for me this time. I was originally "losing for Disney" as so many of us do.... but the BIG DIFFERENCE... was that I got back on it.... back to healthy OP eating, back to the gym, and back on the scale, as soon as we got home! No dilly-dallying.... no shilly-shallying... no excuses, no complaints, no "one more day won't hurt". And here I am...6.5 years later at my goal weight and still going strong!

Off to visit DD at the New England Aquarium in the morning then I will drive down to school with her and pick up some stuff to help with the move-out process. So forgive me if I am not on here tomorrow! TTYL.................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter