WISH Away the Pounds July Challenge - Everyone Welcome!!

Flossbolna

Sea days are just so relaxing!
Welcome to WISH Away the Pounds July Challenge

A special welcome to all newcomers!

Please read the complete instructions in post 2, and then let me know if you have any questions.

The philosophy behind our new challenge: small achievable goals. One month at a time, one week at a time, one day at a time, one bite at a time. Results will be posted as a % lost (pounds) towards monthly goal.

Thanks to Rose&Mike for creating our new challenge format which was a great success in 2013 and to all the previous hosts who have kept it going! :thanks:

Weigh in Days--Weight Loss
PM Weight to Flossbolna
July 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month in the subject line of your PM, i.e. W/I 1/1 145 start goal 5)
July 4 (present weight in the subject line of your PM, i.e. W/I 1/3 144)
July 11
July 18
July 25
July 31 (last chance)

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100%WISH green

Weigh in Days--Maintainers:
July 1 (pm starting weight, maintain range, and goal for the month; i.e. in the subject line 145, range 141-149, goal 4 weeks)
July 4
July 11
July 18
July 25
July 31 (last chance)

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

Please see list of participants and results in Post #4 here.

Welcome to the WISH Away the Pounds July Challenge - Losers and Maintainers welcome!

Quick overview:
Weigh in days
July 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month in the subject line of your PM, i.e. W/I 1/1 145 start goal 5)
July 4 (present weight in the subject line of your PM, i.e. W/I 1/3 144)
July 11
July 18
July 25
July 31 (last chance)

Pm weights to Flossbolna. Please note the only way to sign up and update your numbers to send them by PM -- I don't want to miss a post. :flower3:

How the challenge works:
This is the new and improved challenge that replaces the BL challenges. Like the show has evolved, so have our challenges and this format takes the best of that long standing tradition and makes it even better! ::yes::

The goal of the new challenge is to meet your weight loss/maintain goals on a monthly basis. Results will be posted as percentages toward goal and your color will change as you approach your goal, similar to the exercise thread on the WISH boards. We hope that this new format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

It is up to the hostess each month as to whether she wants to have coaches/Question of the day, mini-challenges, etc. It is her month, so she can choose to handle it how she wants.

Heres how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it) except the hostess for the month. NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Let me repeat: NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL. A loss is a loss is a loss. Your color will change based on your % lost toward goal.

On July 1st you will pm Flossbolna (hostess for July) your starting weight AND your goal for the month. On all Fridays of the month you can pm Flossbolna an updated weight. Final weigh in is July 31. On Monday nights the thread will be updated with percentage toward goal.

Here is an example of what the stats will look like.

Updated January 10, 2014
Minnie Mouse 25.00%
Daisy Duck 12.00%
Goofy 0.00 %
Donald Duck 33.33%
Mickey Mouse 40.00%

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--ALMOST THERE!
100%WISH green

In this case Goofy, put on a few pounds, but that will be reported as 0%. We are not going to call people out, but just report positive moves towards your goal!

Minnie Mouse had a starting weight of 110 with a goal of 4 pounds. At her weigh in she reported a weight of 109 with a percentage loss of 25%.

Your color will change based on your % loss. If you gain, your percentage will decrease, and your color will change, but no one will know your weight except the hostess. Only your % loss toward goal will be reported. Negative percentages will not be reported.

Participants (other than the hostess) will not know your pound lost goal or actual weight unless you choose to share it with them.

Maintainers will set a goal for the month of number of weeks they would like to stay in maintain range (+/- 4 pounds).
They will weigh in on the first day of the month and then on each of the weekends. Their results will be reported as percentages along with their goal.

For example:
Pluto 1/4 25%.

Pluto has a goal of maintaining all four weeks. He put on 1 pound at the first weigh in, but is in his maintain range.

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

It really is pretty simple. Remember, no one will see your weight or pound loss goal except the hostess unless you choose to share it.

Percentage loss will be updated once a week. If you miss sending in your weight over the weekend, no big deal, just send an update the following weekend. Please understand that this is a volunteer job and the hostess will only be updating once a week.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing everyone meet their healthy living goals!

Coaching Schedule

Coaches for June
July 1-5 lisah0711
June 6-10 Rose
June 11-15 Jill
June 16-20 Pam
June 21-25 YOUR NAME HERE
June 26-30 YOUR NAME HERE

We will have coaches for this challenge. Coaches post the Question of the Day (QOTD), do replies, and generally keep our conversation moving. Coaching is a lot of fun and coaches often enjoy what we call "the coaching effect" and have a great loss the weeks that they coach. It is a lot of fun!
The coaching time has been shortened to five days to give us a little more variety and make it easier on our coaches who do so much for us.

Future challenges

We've had a great year in 2013 with our new WATP challenge format. :goodvibes We launched a new challenge format and had lots of lovely hostesses helping us along the way.

But these challenges don't run themselves -- it takes a lot of effort from everyone especially our hostesses. :flower3: One of the reasons we switched to the monthly format was to avoid hostess burnout. We need hostesses for future challenges. Any volunteers? :hmghost:

Future challenge hosts:
August 2014
September 2014
October 2014 lisah0711 (Lisa)
November 2014
December 2014
January 2015
Februar 2015

These challenges are "run" by volunteers and it takes everyone participating to make a successful challenge.

Thanks to all who have volunteered to coach and host! :thanks:

Participants:

Flossbolna (Magdalene)
lisa0711 (Lisa) 15%
jillbur (Jill) 80%
JennStars9
glss1/2fll (Linda) 17%
purplekicks 52%
desiree71081 152% Congratulations!!!
myweegirls (Liz) 6%
DisFam95 16%
GrandAdmiralStrife 130%
LadyRayado 25%
Rose&Mike (Rose) 43%
mainemooncat (Elizabeth) 63%
FireflyFi (Fiona) 47%
beno44
BernardandMissBianca (Buffy)
Zoesmama03 61%
happysummer 60%

Here it is - out shiny new July thread!!!

I also have a challenge for the start: We need a motivating name!! I am too tired to think of something. So please, any one come up with something more fancy than "July thread"!!!

And finally a big

Call for Coaches and Future Hosts!!!!​

Coaching only takes 5 days, most coaches chose to post a question of the day to spark some discussion (and there is a wonderful archive of old questions in case you feel uninspired) and it is nice to help keeping the chat going! But it is really up to the individual coach as to what they want to do. Give it a try, even if you are new to this! Most of us find that coaching really helps us be good during that time with regard to eating and exercise as it gives us additional motivation!!

We also need future hosts, we only have Lisa signed up for the October! I personally can recommend to be a host after a vacation as the commitment to the thread really helps to get refocused! It is also not difficult at all, we do have a spreadsheet that does all the calculation for you! If you are interested in hosting and are unsure about it, ask about it on the thread or by PM!

So, I am hoping for plenty of offers for coaching and hosting now!!!

I'm here, I'm here!! Looking forward to a quiet but successful July here! Put me in to coach where ever it is needed for the month!! TTYL........P

I'm in - thanks so much for hosting! July will be an itty bitty goal, as we'll be on vacation for ten days! So excited to visit Aulani for the first time!

Jubilant July? Joyful July? Jumpin' July? I'm not feeling very creative either...

XO
Liz

I've got two adjectives for July, depending on how you want to think about this month..... you could go with the "Jovial July Challenge"..... or the "Judicious July Challenge". I personally think "jovial" sounds more like a summer vacation time word............................P

:welcome: to all our new and returning participants!

I'm Lisa and I will be your coach for the next few days. I'm in the Pacific time zone so I will post the QOTD the day before . . . if I remember. ;)

Happy New Year! party: party: party:

Okay, I know its not the New Year but remember back in January when you set your goals for 2014?!? The year is now half way over! :faint: How are you doing with those goals you set at the beginning of the year? Do you think you are prepared to meet them or does your plan need a little tweaking? Half way through the year is a great time to review and regroup and just in time I have a little quiz from sparkpeople.com to help us with just this issue. :goodvibes

poster-spacemountain1.jpg

All personnel clear the launch platform . . . all personnel clear the launch platform. Launch Control this is Space Command. Review is on. Roger, standby. Command controls are complete . . .

Welcome Space Travelers. This is a thrilling, high speed, turbulent roller coaster ride in the dark that includes sharp turns, sudden drops and stops . . . you are now ready for your intergalactic adventure . . .you are READY TO LAUNCH!

We talked about our goals and plans but how do we know if they are realistic? Are we ready to reach our goals? Are we READY TO LAUNCH?!? :confused3

Here is a great little quiz on sparkpeople.com to help you figure out the answer to these questions called

Are You Prepared to Reach Your Goals?

Anyone can set a goal, but it takes preparation, planning and motivation to see it through to the end. Are you on the path to success?

Here is a link to the quiz http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/assessment_questions.asp?quizid=52

QOTD Tuesday, July 1, 2014: Are you prepared to reach your goals? If you don't want to take the quiz, you can just answer the question or share your thoughts on what it takes to be prepared to reach your goals.

I will be back tomorrow with my own answer and replies.

I'm here :)

Thanks again for hostessing this month! I will coach July 11-15 if it's available. I'll be back tomorrow to weigh in & jump into the QOTD.

Jill

I'm having health issues so I can't participate (well, it'd be pointless since I've been 242.4 for the past 2 months....) but I'm wishing you guys the best of luck!

QOTD: Wahoo! It says I'm prepared. I feel like I am, so we're gonna go with that!

scrammalot--sorry you're having health issues, thanks for the encouragement, and I think you should lurk. It's nice to read along, even if you don't post. I should know. I am the queen of lurkdom! princess: :lmao:

Happy July 1st to all of you!!

Remember to send me your start weight today as well as your goal for the month!

I'm here, I'm here!! Looking forward to a quiet but successful July here! Put me in to coach where ever it is needed for the month!! TTYL........P

Thanks for the coaching offer and I will let you know which spots are still open!

I'm in - thanks so much for hosting! July will be an itty bitty goal, as we'll be on vacation for ten days! So excited to visit Aulani for the first time!

Jubilant July? Joyful July? Jumpin' July? I'm not feeling very creative either...

XO
Liz

Aulani will be wonderful!! I hope to get there in the next few years myself.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I like Pam's Jovial July best. Sounds rather classy! ;)

Count me in!!!

:welcome:

I'll come out of lurkdom for the month! :wave2:

Coming out of lurkdom is always a great thing!! We are happy to have you!

I'm here :)

Thanks again for hostessing this month! I will coach July 11-15 if it's available. I'll be back tomorrow to weigh in & jump into the QOTD.

Jill

Thanks for the coaching offer, the dates are all yours!

I'm in! :yay: I think I am going to challenge myself and go big for my first goal!

I'm in. I thought that I posted earlier, but I guess that I forgot to hit submit.

Great to have you with us again!

First time contestant here. Needing to lose 70 over the next 78 weeks.

To all the newcomers: My recommendation is to not be shy and take part in the discussion! We are a very friendly group! And I personally find that chatting along does help me to keep focussed!

I'm having health issues so I can't participate (well, it'd be pointless since I've been 242.4 for the past 2 months....) but I'm wishing you guys the best of luck!

:wave2: Hi there! Thank you for the good wishes! But did you notice that we do have a maintainers challenge as well. There are no rules about which weight you have to be on in order to take part in that. And if you can't lose due to health issues, you are always welcome to just take part in order to get some support in not gaining weight! We would love for you to join in. And otherwise you are always welcome to just take part in the chat that goes on! :goodvibes

I'm in, I've got 15 lbs to lose before our trip in October. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter