WISH Away the Pounds July Challenge - Everyone Welcome!!

Morning all! Is it possible to feel other's PANIC through ESP??? DD is literally ready to hit maximum meltdown right now, and I SWEAR I am feeling her panic! Her SURF group (the internship she stayed on campus for this summer) presents their project on Friday at URI. She moves out AND we go on family vacation at the Lake on Saturday. She will have to work remotely for the Aquarium and for her other project during that week, but at least she will be there with us most of the week (she does have to go to Boston for one day mid-week). Then we return home Saturday and she leaves for 10 days in Ireland and Scotland to attend the International Marine Congress and present the other project she has been working on. And then, of course, she gets a precious 3 days at home before moving back to school for the fall semester. If I am feeling this.....:scared1: feeling, I can't imagine how she is feeling!!!

I've been spending a bit of time organizing the stuff she has been sending home a bit at a time since the spring, so that when it IS time to load up the car to go back to school everything isn't in a heap. So hopefully knowing that will help her relax just a bit. And other than her own clothes, she doesn't have to worry about anything for vacation. And HOPEFULLY she has just the clothes she needs for her trip abroad, because there is literally NO TIME to shop if doesn't have it.

She will be ok!!! She is so organized and well prepared. Get her a little pocket calendar so she can write it all out. But don't look to far ahead, just tick things off one at a time.
I'm glad you are getting her things together for school. That should ease her mind.

Tell her I am soooo proud of her!!! She is so focused and dedicated to her field of work, it's wonderful. Tell her too that DS18 misses her greatly! But I will tell him not to text her til school starts, she's got to much on her plate right now.

SO proud of and inspired by everyone! Can't wait to join in next month! :cheer2:

Welcome!

I will try to have the new thread up tonight, but things are crazy work wise , so if there is a delay, please be patient!

I am looking forward to your final weights today!

The weekend is almost here and that is when I do my worse eating. I was supposed to make a menu this week of stuff to cook/eat this weekend but the week has been super busy.

Can anyone share easy healthy recipes that I could try out this weekend?

We went grocery shopping yesterday and spent $400:scared1: Not sure what cost that much because when I look in my fridge and pantry, I still don't see much to eat. :confused3

Morning all! Saying hi to you from lovely Rhode Island! Today my baby girl turns 19 years old, so I had to be here to wish her a happy birthday! Made het a birthday breakfast and now she is off to work :( s o I will stay here and start the packing process!

BBL to chat! ...............P

Happy final weigh in day!

My final weigh in was not happy. :headache: Yesterday was a happy weigh in (I usually 'peek' on Wednesdays). It was a good day eating and exercise wise but today the scale isn't happy. Ah well. I said pooey and helped myself to one bite of cookie dough the kids had made last night. So there's my splurge! Now I'm back on track.

See you on the August thread!

pjlla: The DVD's are from the beachbody website. You can usually find some good deals on ebay on used sets. They are amazing! I'm so sore. I had been doing a bootcamp and I loved the teacher and the workouts but my work schedule changes and I could not always commit to the class so I need to do stuff on my own. I followed the modifier girl and it was still a great workout. I'm so sore in spots 3 days ltr. It's a different workout each day which I like! They're not the cheapest things but I love the beachbody workouts you just need to tune out the extra product they always try and sell.

OMG I just weighed and I'm exactly to the tenth of a pound where I started on July 1st! BUT I'm ok with that since I had some issues at the first 2 weeks and saw a 6lb increase after forced inactivity and "poor me" bad eating :goodvibes

PLUS it was my bday yesterday and we ate out for lunch (healthy salad) and dinner at LaMadeline and I didn't exactly make a healthy choice. I had a Croque Monsieur and my free dessert of the strawberry napoleon :sad2:. But as tired and sore as I was I still did some exercise and 50min on the bike. My rule is I can only watch my Netflix shows or DVR on the bike or treadmill :thumbsup2!!

Tomorrow is my son's bday so I'm making his cake today which involves a large amount of M&M's and my yummy frosting I make :scared: And tomorrow we're eating out at a BBQ place for lunch and sushi for dinner. Ugh all the eating out is killing me but I think I can manage some good choices tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone who made some progress this month and to everyone else let's keep working. If you're tired of starting over then stop quitting!

:cheer2:

The weekend is almost here and that is when I do my worse eating. I was supposed to make a menu this week of stuff to cook/eat this weekend but the week has been super busy.

We went grocery shopping yesterday and spent $400:scared1: Not sure what cost that much because when I look in my fridge and pantry, I still don't see much to eat. :confused3

Saw this on Pinterest. Chicken and Asparagus stir fry. It was so yummy!! I think I doubled the soy sauce and honey and chicken to 4 b/s chicken breasts.

Ingredients
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. honey
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 scallions, chopped
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
(optional) 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds

Method

In a small bowl or in a ziplock bag, combine soy sauce and honey. Add chicken, and stir to coat. Set in the refrigerator until ready.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, and saute until cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon, and set aside.

Remove chicken from marinade, and add to skillet. Saute until nearly cooked through (with the insides still slightly pink), about 5 minutes. Then add garlic, scallions, and the reserved marinade to the pan. Saute for an additional 2 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Serve immediately with rice, garnished with toasted sesame seeds if desired.

Here is a link to the healthy eating recipe index.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447512

pjlla: Tomorrow is my son's bday so I'm making his cake today which involves a large amount of M&M's and my yummy frosting I make :scared: And tomorrow we're eating out at a BBQ place for lunch and sushi for dinner. Ugh all the eating out is killing me but I think I can manage some good choices tomorrow.
My mouth is watering....
Gabe's first birthday is coming up at the end of August and I am anxiously awaiting hotdogs, nachos and cheese and a cake that better be yummy with all the money I spent on it.

Hi friends! I'm happy with my month-end WI, even though it's basically right where I started the month. I'd optimistically thought I could drop 2 before our vacation and keep them off. Hahahahaha. :rotfl: Instead, I came back from vacation up *8* :crazy2:. I knew a lot of that had to be water/etc from the long red-eye flight home, and I got myself back on track as quickly as possible. By the time I did last Friday's WI, I was still up a lot, but not as bad as when we first got back. And today, I'm down 3.6 from last Friday. So if July ends up being a wash, I can take that.

Now I'm going to be overly optimistic again and see if I can drop 2 in the next couple of weeks, before DH and I go on our no-kids getaway. And keep them off. ;)

XO
Liz

Hi friends! I'm happy with my month-end WI, even though it's basically right where I started the month. I'd optimistically thought I could drop 2 before our vacation and keep them off. Hahahahaha. :rotfl: Instead, I came back from vacation up *8* :crazy2:. I knew a lot of that had to be water/etc from the long red-eye flight home, and I got myself back on track as quickly as possible. By the time I did last Friday's WI, I was still up a lot, but not as bad as when we first got back. And today, I'm down 3.6 from last Friday. So if July ends up being a wash, I can take that.

Now I'm going to be overly optimistic again and see if I can drop 2 in the next couple of weeks, before DH and I go on our no-kids getaway. And keep them off. ;)

XO
Liz

I am so nervous about gaining weight back while on vacation. 1 month left!!!

It will be a busy month with ALOT of temptations. DH and I celebrate our second anniversary on the 8th, so I am sure that will lead to eating somewhere for supper. If I have the choice, I am choosing outback and getting a steak and a double salad. DH has been seeing commercials for Olive Garden and he may want to go there but I don't know what their "healthy" meals would be. I will have to look into that just incase.

In between those two events, I have drs appts for two of my kids on the 4th and the 7th. The kids start school on the 11th. We are having Gabe's 1 year pictures taken on the 16th and celebrating his 1st birthday on the 23rd with yummy cake and food. His actual birthday is the 26th and we may just get him a tiny cake or do something special just DH and I and the kids. On the 31st we leave for DW!!!!

This month is going to fly by with everything going on. Just hope I can eat sensibly and stay on track.

I am so sorry, I did not get the new thread up yesterday evening!!

Will get it up tonight here - so afternoon for you! I promise!! As of Wednesday next week things will slow down workwise and then I can be a better hostess again!

The new thread is online!

Make sure to read posts 3 and 4 as they have NEW information!

I will update July weights during the weekend!

I hope everyone will have a great August!

And the final results are in!!

(Sorry again for the delay - at least August is not yet halfway over...)

Flossbolna (Magdalene)
lisa0711 (Lisa) 15%
jillbur (Jill) 80%
JennStars9
glss1/2fll (Linda) 17%
purplekicks 52%
desiree71081 152% Congratulations!!!
myweegirls (Liz) 6%
DisFam95 16%
GrandAdmiralStrife 130% Congratulations!!!

LadyRayado 25%
Rose&Mike (Rose) 43%
mainemooncat (Elizabeth) 63%
FireflyFi (Fiona) 47%
beno44
BernardandMissBianca (Buffy)
Zoesmama03 61%
happysummer 60%

And the final results are in!!

(Sorry again for the delay - at least August is not yet halfway over...)

Flossbolna (Magdalene)
lisa0711 (Lisa) 15%
jillbur (Jill) 80%
JennStars9
glss1/2fll (Linda) 17%
purplekicks 52%
desiree71081 152% Congratulations!!!
myweegirls (Liz) 6%
DisFam95 16%
GrandAdmiralStrife 130% Congratulations!!!

LadyRayado 25%
Rose&Mike (Rose) 43%
mainemooncat (Elizabeth) 63%
FireflyFi (Fiona) 47%
beno44
BernardandMissBianca (Buffy)
Zoesmama03 61%
happysummer 60%

Way to go everyone!!:cheer2:
I just realized that I never weighed in last weekend. I am pretty sure this will be a better week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter