• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February Challenge*~* Everyone Welcome <3

That is a victory!! I'm just PRAYING that I end the month down just a bit! So I am envious of your 4 lbs!
:rotfl: Oh my gosh. That was supposed to be 4tenths of a pound.
If I lost 4 pounds this month (after how crappy last week was) I would be jumping up and down and shouting from the rooftops.

I have found that since I am now 'pm' (post menopausal) and not pms'ing ;) I lose ridiculously slowly. Part of that could be that I just can't get my head in the game, part of it is that I am holding onto every single pound in my tummy.

I know I can still lose, it just takes a huge mental effort.

I walked outside today for ~90 min or so and have hives on my legs! It really needs to warm up! I am so tired of the gym, but it is just so cold out still. Boo!

Hope everyone has a great night!:goodvibes

party:party:

CONGRATS TO OUR PRINCESS MARATHON WEEKEND FINISHERS!!

princess:princess:princess:princess:

Yes - absolutely - CONGRATS!!!!! You ladies are an inspiration!!!

Hi everyone,
My name is Sara and I am new to these boards. I have been reading through the board and it sounds like you are all doing an amazing job!!! I hope I can join you all for next month. I need help getting on track and staying focused.

Good Luck to everyone durning your last week!

:welcome: We're happy to have you!

I earned 38 activity points which I used 18 duing the week .. weighed in on Sat am -2lbs for a grand total in 3 weeks of 7.1 lbs..

:woohoo: WTG!

I try to focus on drinking more water and non-caffeinated drinks (Starbucks iced passion tea unsweetened is a fave and 0 calories 0 caffeine). We also buy canned seltzer for the soda urges (0 calories 0 caffeine) as it has no artificial sweeteners either but I'm starting to wonder if that should also be cut back - I have about a can a day. Anecdotally is there anything about carbonation being an issue with weight loss or is it just the calories from soda/issues from artificial sweeteners?

I <3 Starbucks iced passion tea - very much so! Good choice! And as far as I know, I don't think there is anything about carbonation being an issue, unless you, personally, feel that it makes your body feel bad.

Monday, February 24th QOTD:What are your favorite NEW foods that substitute some of your old favorites?

Well, I actually now prefer Kale chips over tortilla chips! Now, if they are Sour Cream and Onion chips, with onion dip, that changes things! :rotfl2: But, Kale chips can be very addicting as well! Then again, cover anything with oil and it will probably be addicting.

Laughing cow cheese is my number one substitution. I don't ever notice a difference between real cheese and laughing cow, except for maybe the consistency. I also really prefer greek yogurt now!

Welcome!
For just getting started I would say:
1. Work really hard on creating new habits, even if it is a slow progression. For instance pick one thing a week and really stick with it for an entire week and add on from there.
2. As for sabotage--two of our favorite quotes around here are--"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and "You wouldn't throw out all the dishes just because you broke one plate (meaning one bad meal, day etc, is not a reason to give up). :)

Always love that one. I use it all the time to get myself back on track!

I thought I'd never be able to pass up potato chips.... but honestly they just don't call to me any more. I can skip them altogether or occasionally substitute a baked chip or a bean based chip. I also make my own with low carb tortillas and pitas.

That's great! Good for you! And look at you with your list of substitutions! You're truly an inspiration, Mama Hen!

Heard from DS again last night just a bit.... he is having "tons of fun"!!

SO happy to hear that he is having a blast!

well lets see I really like cauliflower mashed up with some parm cheese and garlic salt..

MMMM! Oh that sounds delicious! I need to try that someday!

Sunday's QOTD: I add fruit to cereral, yogart, and over the weekend I tried a new receipe for mac and cheese and used califlower. No one could tell the difference and I snuck in a veggie. :goodvibes

How exciting! All these cauliflower ideas! I never cared much for the vegetable, but these ideas sound delicious!

Well..... I took just a BABY STEP toward something I"ve been wanting to do for a while. I"ve been wanting to start my own BLOG for a while now, but I never did anything but THINK about it. Today I sat down and wrote TWO blog posts. Haven't officially gotten a blog yet, but I want to have a few posts ready to go when I do. I've got ideas brewing for a few more as well. It may never happen, but at least I am acting on the thought!

Congrats!!! :cool1: Be sure to send us the link once you start! Blogging can be TONS of fun! For me, it was almost like forcing myself to get my thoughts out - the way I would in a journal. Ideas that I could never remember later on - good ones, too! - were documented so I could take my own advice, since I was able to remember it!

I wish you all the best with it!

Hi all we are updated! Congrats to everyone on your hard work, especially our own biggest losers who have already met goal! For the rest of us, let's keep going strong through the end of the month!

Thanks, Amanda, for keeping us up to date with everything going on!

Ok, I know some of you wanted some pics, so here is what I have so far :)

Thanks for indulging you??? Thanks for indulging us!!!! These pictures look beautiful, Amanda! I'm so happy for you and excited that your big day is coming up so soon! What a beautiful location!

And may I say, you look GORGEOUS in your dress!!!!

As of this month I am down 4/10 for this month and I am considering that a victory.:goodvibes My last weigh in for the month will be tomorrow.

Congrats!!! Even 4/10 of a pound is a victory!! You got this!

Tuesday, February 25th QOTD: How do you add some sweetness to your day? Do you sprinkle chocolate on popcorn, put honey in yogurt? Or do you just spend a little time with your sweetie, or hug your kids a little tighter?

For me, I'd say that I'm still working on this. I'm still struggling with saying yes to ONE chocolate covered almond, knowing that it is only one point, and that I can definitely spare it to enjoy how tasty it is. I'm still in that stage where it feels WRONG, almost like cheating. But, I'm getting better!

I've had so much fun coaching these past couple of days! Thank you guys so much for giving me this experience!

I have my WW meeting tonight, so I will spend a few hours prepping for that this morning. I was afraid we were getting snow again today, but it looks like it will be holding off until tomorrow.

Yesterday's workout was LAME.... I did a bit of hand weights and then called it a day.... but better than nothing. I just cannot seem to get any motivation lately. Maybe it is just winter apathy??
/QUOTE]

Hope your WW meeting was a success! And as you said, better than nothing! Winter has definitely hit me hard, so I know what you mean. But, the sun is staying out longer now, and next week we'll have DST to make it out even longer!!!

Hi everyone!

I am home too, got in very late last night. It was a whirlwind of a Princess weekend. That was a hot and humid race. I was 20 minutes slower than Tinker Bell just 5 weeks ago, but I wasn't pushing myself at all. I was so happy to finally earn a coast to coast medal. That baby represents so much hard work and I am very proud of it. It was fun to see some old friends and make some new ones and I especially enjoyed scream teaming the 10K with Lisa. I'm sure I lost this weekend though, lots of calories burned and there wasn't as much indulgence (just a little). I am just going to let my body get back to normal and jump in on the March challenge. It was a long haul from Dumbo to Tinker Bell to Princess and I am happy to take a break from training and just do whatever exercise I feel like doing without a training plan. Those of you who are FB friends with Lisa will see me in a few of those pictures too. :) Thanks for all the love and support everyone!

WTG!!!! :worship::woohoo::cool1:

SO proud of what you have accomplished - especially in the Florida heat! Rest, recuperate and we'll see you soon!!!

Another quick post, gotta get the kids.

5K time 46 minutes
10K time 1 hour 30 minutes - exactly on target
1/2 time 3 hours 26 minutes.

Had a blast and DH and I are planning the tower of terror 10 miler.

Gonna run but will post more later.

My weight is up but not by much.

HOLY MOLEY!!!! Look at you go!!! :scared1: :worship:

Congrats on EVERYTHING!

Hey. Sorry, haven't been on a few days. Was roughly discouraged Friday at weigh in and have been struggling the last 3 days to just not throw in the towel. It'll be good for me to coach the next few days.

Excited to have you, and I agree - coaching definitely helps with the motivation!

===============

Hi, all! Sorry I haven't been on to chat much. It's been a rollercoaster of a week (and its only Tuesday!!!)! No heat at all in my apt - not just little, but none. But, this is happy news, because it means they are finally replacing my radiator! So, while I stay warm at my sister's house, I get to wait for them to call me to go and have them come and replace it.

It's just so sad, I hear it hissing, as it tries so hard to work, but it has finally kicked the bucket! If only it could have kicked the bucket this weekend when it was really warm.... :rolleyes1

Anyway, it was also a weekend of figuring out what I wanted to be in this crazy world. Although my goal for February was to get a new job, which I did not succeed at, it has helped me push myself to figure out what I really want from a job. So, I decided to apply to some online master's programs!

It's a long story as to what I'll be studying and why and how, but I'm really excited about it. Now, I just have to summon the courage to ask my boss for a raise so that I can afford it! :worried:

On that super :offtopic: note, if anyone has ever done a degree online, please PM me. I'd LOVE to hear about it (and pick your brain with all my questions!!) popcorn::

Hope you are all enjoying your evenings nice and warm!

There was actually a lot of these metabolic quizzes out there if you're into something more detailed this is the best one I found:
http://drkateklemer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/The-Metabolic-Type-Self-Test.pdf

And Jillian talking about it:
Winning by Losing
By Jillian Michaels

Metabolic Typing
If you you may be thinking that as long as you stay within your caloric range for the week, you can eat whatever you want. Although it’s true that at a basic level weight loss is simple math, there is more to losing weight and getting healthy than just numbers. As you restrict your caloric intake, it is absolutely essential that you eat the right kinds of food to build muscle, strengthen your immune system, and stay energized throughout the process. Sounds simple, right? It would be, except that the way to do this is different for everyone.

Determining Your Metabolic Type
For many years nutritional science has taken a generic, overly standardized approach to health and weight loss. This is why there is no one diet that works for everyone. There was all that hype about the Atkins diet, but Kelly, one of my contestants on The Biggest Loser, lost just one pound in a month of sticking to Atkins. Because I know that we are all different and need to diet according to our specific body’s characteristics, I was able to coach her to lose fifty-five pounds in three months. We were working together on the show, and she lost thirty-five more after that.

Why? Inherited genetics make each one of us unique, from the color of our hair right down to the way our organs function. This uniqueness extends to the way our cells convert nutrients into energy. In order to know how to get the most nutritional bang for your calorie buck, you need to understand your unique metabolic type. Once you do, you can begin to custom design your new dietary lifestyle around the foods that will help you achieve and maintain your ideal weight while also optimizing your physical energy, strength, and mental clarity.

Metabolic typing is really just fancy talk for figuring out how your body processes what you eat—more specifically, how your body deals with the three basic macronutrients in food: carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Imagine that you are a furnace: your body takes the food you eat and burns it with oxygen to convert its caloric content into energy. This process is known as oxidation, and it’s how the carb content in your food gets turned into glucose and released into the blood. When glucose is released into the blood, the pancreas is cued to release insulin to “clean” your blood of any sugar that is not being used by the body as energy and carry it to your cells, where it gets stored as fat. The fact that we all oxidize the nutrients in our food in different ways is the reason why a particular diet will work for one person and not for another. If you know more about how the nutrients in your food act on your system, you can avoid a lot of unnecessary pitfalls and really maximize your results as you continue on your journey toward total health.

Although rates can vary a lot from one person to the next, most people can be classified according to three basic groups:

1. Fast oxidizers
2. Slow oxidizers
3. Balanced oxidizers

Fast oxidizers burn through the nutrients in their food very rapidly, with the consequence that the carb content is broken down to glucose and released into the blood almost at once. This sudden increase in blood sugar triggers a rapid release of large amounts of insulin to clean away excess sugar, which is stored as fat in your cells. The more carb content in your food, the more energy will be available to your body right away, and the greater the chance that it will not be needed and get stored as fat. Insulin is a quick and effective blood-cleaner, and the dramatic leaps and falls in blood sugar levels that result from fast oxidation lead to the sugar crash effect. For a fast oxidizer, foods with high carb ratios cause fatigue and carb cravings as well as promote fat storage.

Fast oxidizers should eat foods with more proteins and fats in order to slow down their rate of oxidation and insulin release, and to better promote stable blood sugar and sustained energy levels.

Slow oxidizers burn through the nutrients in their food slowly and do not release the glucose from carbohydrates into the blood quickly enough, which means that they do not get converted into glucose, and energy production and availability are delayed.

A slow oxidizer should eat foods with higher ratios of carbs, since protein and fat slow the rate of oxidation and energy production even further.

Balanced oxidizers fall right in between the two. They require foods that have equal quantities of protein, fat, and carbs in order to optimally process, produce, and use the energy from their food.

Now that we have defined the different metabolic types, you’re probably wondering how you’re supposed to know what’s happening in your blood every time you have a snack. Don’t worry—there’s a test, and you can take it right now, and all you need is a pencil and paper. The test is made up of a series of detailed questions that bear on everything from the foods you crave to the dryness of your skin. These questions cover such a wide range of physical attributes because scientists now believe that metabolic type, i.e., the way in which your body processes nutrients, is wired right into a part of your central nervous system that controls a host of other functions within your body. Consequently, if you take a closer look at some of the peripheral functions in your own body, they will shed light on your particular oxidative type and help you pinpoint your specific nutritional needs.
Oxidizer Test
For each of these questions, circle the response that best applies to you. You may not know the answer right off the bat—it may take a couple of days if you have to see a pattern, but really think about these questions and analyze how different foods affect your body and your moods. The better you know yourself, the greater your odds of achieving exactly the results you want.

In the morning, you:
A. Don’t eat breakfast.
B. Have something light like fruit, toast, or cereal.
C. Have something heavy like eggs, bacon or steak, and hash browns.

At a buffet, the foods you choose are:
A. Light meats like fish and chicken, vegetables and salad, a sampling of different desserts.
B. A mixture of A and C.
C. Heavy, fatty foods like steak, ribs, pork chops, cheeses, and cream sauces.

Your appetite at lunch is:
A. Low.
B. Normal.
C. Strong.

Your appetite at dinner is:
A. Low.
B. Normal.
C. Strong.

Caffeine makes you feel:
A. Great—it helps you focus.
B. Neutral—you can take it or leave it.
C. Jittery or nauseous.

The types of foods you crave are (sugar is not listed because everyone craves sugar when they are tired or run-down):
A. Fruits, bread, and crackers.
B. Both A and C.
C. Salty foods, cheeses, and meats.

For dinner, you prefer:
A. Chicken or fish, salad, and rice.
B. No preference—choice varies daily.
C. Heavier, fatty foods like pastas, steak, and potatoes.

After dinner, you:
A. Need to have something sweet.
B. Could take dessert or leave it.
C. Don’t care for sweets and would rather have something salty like popcorn.

The types of sweets you like are:
A. Sugary candies.
B. No preference.
C. Ice cream or cheesecake.

Eating fatty foods like meat and cheese before bed:
A. Interferes with your sleep.
B. Doesn’t bother you.
C. Improves your sleep.

Eating carbs like breads and crackers before your bed:
A. Interferes with your sleep, but they’re better than heavier foods.
B. Doesn’t affect you.
C. Is better than nothing, but you sleep better with heavier foods.

Eating sweets before bed:
A. Doesn’t keep you from sleeping at all.
B. Sometimes makes you feel restless in bed.
C. Keeps you up all night.

Each day, you eat:
A. Two or three meals with no snacks.
B. Three meals with maybe one light snack.
C. Three meals and a lot of snacks.

Your attitude toward food is:
A. You often forget to eat.
B. You enjoy food and rarely miss a meal.
C. You love food and it’s a central part of your life.

When you skip meals, you feel:
A. Fine.
B. You don’t function at your best, but it doesn’t really bother you.
C. Shaky, irritable, weak, and tired.

Your attitude toward fatty foods is:
A. You don’t like them.
B. You like them occasionally.
C. You crave them regularly.

When you eat fruit salad for breakfast or lunch, you feel:
A. Satisfied.
B. Okay, but you usually need a snack in between meals.
C. Unsatisfied and still hungry.

What kind of food drains your energy?
A. Fatty foods.
B. No food affects you this way.
C. Fruit, candy, or confections, which give you a quick boost, then an energy crash.

Your food portions are:
A. Small—less than average.
B. Average—not more or less than other people.
C. Large—usually more than most people.

How do you feel about potatoes?
A. You don’t care for them.
B. You could take them or leave them.
C. You love them.

Red meat makes you feel:
A. Tired.
B. No particular feeling one way or the other.
C. Strong.

A salad for lunch makes you feel:
A. Energized and healthy.
B. Fine, but it isn’t the best type of food for you.
C. Sleepy.

How do you feel about salt?
A. Foods often taste too salty.
B. You don’t notice one way or the other.
C. You crave salt and salt your food regularly.

How do you feel about snacks?
A. You don’t really snack, but you like something sweet if you do.
B. You can snack on anything.
C. You need snacks but prefer meats, cheeses, eggs, or nuts.

How do you feel about sour foods like pickles, lemon juice, or vinegar?
A. You don’t like them.
B. They don’t bother you one way or the other.
C. You like them.

How do you feel about sweets?
A. Sweets alone can satisfy your appetite.
B. They don’t bother you but don’t totally satisfy you.
C. You don’t feel satisfied and often crave more sweets.

When you just eat meat (bacon, sausage, ham) for breakfast, you feel:
A. Sleepy, lethargic, or irritable.
B. It varies day to day.
C. Full until lunch.

When you eat heavy or fatty foods, you feel:
A. Irritable.
B. Neutral—they don’t affect you.
C. Satisfied.

When you feel anxious:
A. Fruits or vegetables calm you down.
B. Eating anything calms you down.
C. Fatty foods calm you down.

You concentrate best when you eat:
A. Fruits and grains.
B. Nothing in particular.
C. Meat and fatty food.

You feel more depressed when you eat:
A. Fatty or heavy foods.
B. Nothing in particular.
C. Fruits, breads, or sweets.

You notice you gain weight when you eat:
A. Fatty foods.
B. No particular food. You gain weight when you overeat.
C. Fruits or carbs.

What type of insomnia, if any, applies to you?
A. You rarely get insomnia from hunger.
B. You rarely get insomnia, but if you do, you often need to eat something in order to fall back asleep.
C. You often wake up during the night and need to eat. If you eat right before bed, it alleviates the insomnia.

Your personality type is:
A. Aloof, withdrawn, or introverted.
B. Neither introverted nor extroverted.
C. Extroverted.

Your mental and physical stamina are better when you eat:
A. Light proteins like egg whites, chicken, or fish and fruits.
B. Any wholesome food.
C. Fatty foods.

Your climate preference is:
A. Warm or hot weather.
B. Doesn’t matter.
C. Cold weather.

You have problems with coughing or chest pressure:
If yes, “C”; if no, move on to the next question.

You have a tendency to get cracked skin or dandruff:

You have a tendency to get light-headed or dizzy:

Your eyes tend to be:
A. Dry.
B. Fine.
C. Teary.

Your facial coloring is:
A. Noticeably pale.
B. Average.
C. Pink or often flushed.

Your fingernails are:
A. Thick.
B. Average.
C. Thin.

Your gag reflex is:
A. Insensitive.
B. Normal.
C. Sensitive.

You get goose bumps:
A. Often.
B. Occasionally.
C. Very rarely.

You are prone to:
A. Constipation.
B. No stomach problems.
C. Diarrhea.

When insects bite you, your reaction is:
A. Mild.
B. Average.
C. Strong.

Your body type is:
A. Short and stocky.
B. Average.
C. Tall and thin.

Your nose is:
A. Dry.
B. Normal.
C. Runny.

Scoring Your Metabolic Typing Test
When you have finished the test, add up the number of A answers, B answers, and C answers you have circled.
A______ B______ C______

If your number of C answers is 5 or more higher than your number of A or B answers, you are a fast oxidizer.

If your number of A answers is 5 or more higher than your number of B or C answers, you are a slow oxidizer.

If your number of B answers is 5 or more higher than your number of A or C answers, or if neither A, B, nor C’s are 5 or more higher than the other two, you are a balanced oxidizer.

If you’ve answered this questionnaire and you are still not clear which category is the right one for you, there are two other tests you can take to help clarify your metabolic type. These tests are a little drastic and provocative, and they are only intended for those who truly cannot type themselves using the questionnaire.

1. Niacin test: Take 50 milligrams of niacin on an empty stomach. If you experience an immediate flush, you are most likely a fast oxidizer. If you experience a moderate flushing effect, you are a balanced oxidizer. If you experience a significantly delayed flushing or nothing at all, you are a slow oxidizer.

2. Vitamin C test: Take 8 grams of vitamin C in equally divided doses over 8 hours. The fast oxidizer will respond by feeling acidic and uncomfortable, and may even experience other symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, or increased intestinal gas. A true balanced oxidizer may find that his or her stomach feels less acidic. A slow oxidizer will have no response at all.
I’m assuming you have now identified yourself somewhere along the fast-slow continuum. Now it’s time to get to know more about your type. Read whichever section applies to you to learn the particular foods and eating habits that are right for your type. If you’re good to your metabolism, it’ll return the favor by working to help you maintain weight loss and good health.

Fast Oxidizers
Fast oxidizers
You require foods with higher percentages of protein and fat than carbohydrates. Make sure there is protein in everything you eat including snacks. Your ideal macronutrient ratio is 20 percent carbs, 50 percent protein, 30 percent fat.

Proteins
All proteins are not created equal. The ones that are best for you are high-purine proteins, which are commonly found in fattier meats. This is not to say that you should cut out chicken or fish, but you need the heavier proteins most because they help slow down your rate of oxidation.

Choose from this list of proteins when deciding on a meal or snack:

High Purine: organ meats (pâté, liver, etc.), herring, mussels, sardines, anchovies

Moderate Purine: beef, bacon, dark meat chicken, duck, lamb, spareribs, dark meat turkey, veal, wild game, salmon, shellfish (lobster, shrimp, crab), oysters, scallops, octopus, squid, dark tuna

Low Purine: cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, eggs, cheese, white meat chicken, turkey, fish

Carbohydrates
Your metabolism thrives when your carb intake is limited, but there are different kinds of carbs. Some aren’t as bad as others. Avoid simple carbs, which convert to sugar quickly in the bloodstream. The carbs you can incorporate into your diet are the complex kind found mostly in nonstarchy vegetables. You can choose from these ideal carbs when deciding on a meal or snack.

Low-Starch vegetables: asparagus, cauliflower, celery, mushrooms, spinach

Fruits: avocado, olives, apples and pears (in limited quantity and never without protein on the side)

Grains: sprouted grain bread only (Ezekiel bread is a well-known brand that is available at supermarkets and health–food stores)

Legumes, tempeh, tofu

Fats
To best support your metabolism, you should be getting roughly 30 percent of your daily caloric intake from natural oils and fats. Choose these ideal fats when deciding on meal or snack preparation.

Nuts/Seeds (listed in order of protein content): waltnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, filberts, pecans, chestnuts, pistachios, coconut, macadamias

Fat/Oils: butter, cream, almond oil, peanut oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, waltnut oil

Along with knowing the foods that are ideal for you, it is important to know the foods that are worst for you. You don’t always have to eat off the ideal foods list, but the following foods will sabotage your weight-loss efforts.

1. Don’t ever eat a meal that is predominantly carbohydrates.

2. Don’t drink alcohol. It causes an increase in blood sugar and fat storage, and it will lead to a sugar crash as well as an increased appetite for carbs. If you choose to have a drink, avoid sugary cocktails, beer, and wine. Stick to clear alcohols like vodka or rum with calorie-free mixers like diet or club soda, and you can always just do what I do and drink it all straight.

3. Don’t eat carbohydrates that are high on the glycemic load index. The next chapter will tell you everything you need to know about the GLI. For now all you need to know is to stay away from high-GLI foods. It is important for all metabolic types to watch their high-GLI intake, but it is especially crucial for you. If you should happen to eat high-GLI foods, make sure to combine them with a protein in order to slow down the production and release of blood sugar.

4. Don’t drink too much caffeine. It is true that caffeine can be used as a fat burner and a performance enhancer when exercising. This is only effective, however, when the caffeine is taken in pill form in conjunction with aspirin. In the forms of coffee, tea, and soda, caffeine gives you short-term energy but does so by getting your adrenal glands to dump adrenaline into your blood like it’s going out of style. As a result, when the caffeine leaves your system, your adrenal glands will be depleted for a while, which leaves you feeling weak and tired from substandard blood-adrenaline levels. Caffeine also speeds the rate of oxidation, which is the exact opposite of what you want your nutrients to do. Avoid caffeinated beverages whenever possible and keep your overall caffeine consumption to a minimum.

5. Don’t overcook your meat. Avoid overcooked animal products, since heat destroys essential amino acids and valuable enzymes.

You will have less physical ailments and feel energized if you eat the foods that contain the ideal macronutrient ratios for your metabolic type. However, these foods are all very high in calories. You must remember to keep within your caloric allowance in order to lose weight.

Slow Oxidizers
In order to best serve your metabolism and feel energized both physically and mentally, you require foods with a higher percentage of carbohydrates. Your ideal macronutrient ratio is 60 percent carbs, 25 percent protein, and 15 pertcent fat.

Proteins
The best proteins for slow oxidizers are low-purine proteins, which are found in leaner meats. It’s not that you can never have steak again, but high-purine, high-fat proteins slow down the rate at which you convert nutrients into energy, which is what you’re already doing too slowly, so the less the better. In general, you want to stick to this list.

Low Purine: white meat chicken, turkey breast, lean pork, catfish, cod, flounder, perch, sole, trout, white meat tuna, swordfish, low-fat cheese, low-fat cottage cheese, skim milk, low-fat yogurt, egg whites

Carbohydrates
Although your metabolic type is better than the others at processing carbs, you still have to pick and choose carefully. You want to avoid simple carbs, which convert into sugar very quickly in the bloodstream, and choose complex carbs instead. Follow this list of ideal carbohydrates when deciding on a meal or snack.

Vegetables—Low Starch: asparagus, cauliflower, celery, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, collard greens, cucumbers, garlic, kale, leafy greens, onions, peppers, scallions, sprouts, tomatoes, watercress

Vegetables—Moderate: Starch beets, eggplant, jicama, okra, yellow squash, zucchini

Fruits: apples, berries, cherries, citrus fruits, peaches, pears, apricots, plums, tropical fruits, olives

Grains: barley, brown rice, buckwheat, corn, couscous, kasha, millet, oat, quinoa, rye, spelt

Legumes tempeh, tofu (eat sparingly as they are high in purines) beans, peas (should be eaten fresh, never dried)

Fats
You should be on a low-fat diet to keep your metabolism working smoothly. This does not mean no fat—fat is still an essential part of any healthy diet. You should allow 15 percent of your caloric intake to come from fat. You can go over that percentage if you like, but eating foods that are too high in fat content can make you feel lethargic, anxious, and irritable. Choose from this list of fats when cooking a meal or having a snack.

Nuts/Seeds: raw and unsalted only—be very sparing

Fats/Oils: vegetable or nut oils such as almond, coconut, flaxseed, olive, peanut, sunflower, walnut

It’s not enough to know the foods that are ideal for you—you also have to learn which foods are worst for you. If you find yourself straying from the list of suggestions, remind yourself of these guidelines.

1. Don’t eat foods that are fatty or that contain high-purine proteins, such as organ meats and fish such as herring and sardines. Limit your intake of fats and oils, as they will slow down your ability to convert food into energy even further. Avoid red meat or dark white meats, and stay away from high-fat dairy, nut butters, and avocados.

2. Don’t drink alcohol. This is less of a concern for you than for fast oxidizers, but at the end of the day alcohol still increases your blood sugar and inhibits fat metabolism.

3. Don’t drink too much caffeine. This too is less of a concern for you than it is for fast oxidizers, but caffeine gives you energy by acting on your adrenal glands, causing them to over-produce and flood your system with adrenaline. When the caffeine’s effect has worn off, your adrenals are exhausted and you are left with lower-than-normal levels of adrenaline in your system, which makes you feel tired and sluggish.

4. Don’t exceed one serving per meal of simple or starchy carbs like potato, pasta, or rice, and always eat them with a lean protein to help stabilize your blood sugar.
Remember to consume your ideal foods in accordance with your caloric allowance; otherwise, you will not lose weight.

Balanced Oxidizers
If you are a balanced oxidizer, your diet is the easiest to follow, since you require an equal percentage of carbs, fats, and proteins. You feel at your best on a diet that incorporates a wide range of foods. Your ideal macronutrient ratio is 40 percent carbs, 30 percent protein, and 30 percent fat.

Proteins
You operate best when you are getting 30 percent of your total calories from protein. Be careful to mix the kinds of protein you eat so that you consume high-fat and high-purine proteins with low-fat and low-purine proteins. Choose from this list of proteins when deciding on a meal or snack.

High Purine: organ meats (pâté, liver, etc.), herring, mussels, sardines, anchovies

Moderate Purine: beef, bacon, dark meat chicken, duck, lamb, spareribs, dark meat turkey, veal, wild game, salmon, shellfish (lobster, shrimp, crab), oysters, scallops, octopus, squid, dark tuna, eggs, regular-fat cheeses

Low Purine: white meat chicken, turkey breast, lean pork, catfish, cod, flounder, perch, sole, trout, white tuna, swordfish, low-fat cheese, low-fat cottage cheese, skim milk, low-fat yogurt, egg whites

Carbohydrates
With regard to carbs, the real significant difference between balanced, fast, and slow oxidizers is not the types of carbs allowed but the quantity. You should get 40 percent of your nutrients from carbs, but like everyone you should avoid simple carbs and foods that are rated high on the glycemic load index, which we get into in the next chapter. Refined sugars like those found in cookies, sweets, and soda and processed grains like white bread or white rice should be shunned whenever possible, especially on a weight-loss regimen. You do best with a mix of fruits and vegetables from both the fast and slow oxidizers’ carb lists.

Vegetables—Low Starch: asparagus, cauliflower, celery, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, collard greens, cucumbers, garlic, kale, leafy greens, onions, peppers, scallions, sprouts, tomatoes, watercress

Vegetables—Moderate: Starch beets, eggplant, jicama, okra, yellow squash, zucchini

Fruits: apples, berries, cherries, citrus fruits, peaches, pears, apricots, plums, tropical fruits

Grains: barley, brown rice, buckwheat, corn, couscous, kasha, millet, oat, quinoa, rice, rye, spelt

Legumes/Lentils (all fresh, nothing dried), tempeh, tofu, beans, peas

Fats
In order to best support your metabolism, you need to be getting roughly 30 percent of your calories from natural oils and fats. Don’t eat excessive amounts of fat, but don’t specifically restrict your fat intake. You can choose from fats on both the fast and slow oxidizers’ lists of permissible fats.

Nuts/Seeds: (listed in order of protein content) walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, filberts, pecans, chestnuts, pistachios, coconut, macadamias

Fats/Oils: butter, cream, almond oil, peanut oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil

Eat the foods that are ideal for you. Also remember these guidelines of what not to do.

1. Don’t eat meals made up of just one macronutrient. Make sure you adhere to your ideal ratio of 40 percent carbs, 30 percent protein, and 30 percent fat.

2. Don’t drink alcohol. It depletes glycogen storage in the liver, which causes an increase in blood sugar and fat storage. In addition, you will most likely experience a sugar crash, which leads to a heightened appetite for carbs and the nutrients you need to metabolize them. If you do have a drink, choose wisely and avoid sugary cocktails, beer, and wine. Opt instead for clear alcohols such as vodka or rum with calorie-free mixers, like club soda diet, light fruit juices or diet Snapple. And there’s always straight or on the rocks as well.

3. Don’t eat foods that are high on the glycemic load index. (Again, see the next chapter for a full understanding of glycemic load.) If you should happen to eat high-GLI foods, make sure you accompany them with protein in order to show down the rate of oxidation and stabilize blood sugar and energy levels.

4. Don’t drink too much caffeine. Caffeine is only effective as a fat burner or performance enhancer when taken in pill form and combined with aspirin. In the forms of coffee, tea, or soda, caffeine gives you short-term energy but does that by signaling to your adrenal glands to dump all of their store out into your blood. When the caffeine wears off, your adrenal glands are so depleted they have to take a break, which means that you feel tired and weak.

5. Don’t overcook your meat. Avoid overcooked animal products, since heat destroys essential amino acids and valuable enzymes.

Now that you have your list of foods that are ideal for your metabolic type, you will have more energy and feel better if you eat to support your metabolism. However, many of the foods on your list are high in calories. Your diet should incorporate these types of foods in accordance with your caloric allowance.

Good morning, all! It is snowing... again...

Oy vey. I am blasting Route 66 and imagining being back in sunny CA at Disneyland haha

QUOTD Wed 2/26

These quizzes seem to be all the rage these days, thought I'd try something different for quotd.

http://www.doctoroz.com/quiz/quiz-what-your-metabolism-type

I'm the emotional type.

Turns out that I'm a Mixed type for all of these - don't really fit into any category well haha Not sure what that means...

Since my goal for next month is to start cooking dinners for the week every Sunday, I am hoarding all easy recipes today haha Hopefully my radiator will be fixed by next month, so that I won't be using the oven as my heat source! :rotfl:

Hey. Sorry, haven't been on a few days. Was roughly discouraged Friday at weigh in and have been struggling the last 3 days to just not throw in the towel. It'll be good for me to coach the next few days.
It's warmed up quite a bit here and there's actually some sunshine right now and I feel pretty guilty about not taking advantage of it but I'm having a very lazy start to a day. Husband wants me to wait until later to work out so he can sleep when he gets home but I'd rather go now. I don't care if he wants to sleep later, I have a lot of walking dead comic to read...the sun is too compelling.
Catch ya later.

You are not the only one feeling discouraged on the scale these days. I pray that as the weather improves we can all step away from the comfort foods and increase the exercise and get the scale moving!

:rotfl: Oh my gosh. That was supposed to be 4tenths of a pound.
If I lost 4 pounds this month (after how crappy last week was) I would be jumping up and down and shouting from the rooftops.

I have found that since I am now 'pm' (post menopausal) and not pms'ing ;) I lose ridiculously slowly. Part of that could be that I just can't get my head in the game, part of it is that I am holding onto every single pound in my tummy.

I know I can still lose, it just takes a huge mental effort.

You are singing to the choir there Rose! I am feeling exactly the same. The scale, after a totally unexpected gain in mid-January, has not BUDGED more than .10 or so in either direction for weeks! I am so fed up! But I have to keep reminding myself to NEVER GIVE UP! And I know you won't either!

I walked outside today for ~90 min or so and have hives on my legs! It really needs to warm up! I am so tired of the gym, but it is just so cold out still. Boo!

Hope everyone has a great night!:goodvibes

Cold here again as well.... especially cold considering it is nearly March. Woke again to temps in the VERY low teens and overnight lows predicted to be in the single digits for the next 5 days. I am SO OVER THIS COLD! I cannot "Let It Go" !!:lmao: I am NOT Elsa and the cold DOES bother me!! :music:

Laughing cow cheese is my number one substitution. I don't ever notice a difference between real cheese and laughing cow, except for maybe the consistency. I also really prefer greek yogurt now!

Me too on both of those! LC cheese is a true treat these days!

That's great! Good for you! And look at you with your list of substitutions! You're truly an inspiration, Mama Hen!

AWww.... shucks... :blush: Thanks!

SO happy to hear that he is having a blast!

Me too! And he posted a bunch of cool pictures last night.... jungles and waterfalls and volcanoes... and a yummy looking tropical drink! Can't wait to hear all about his adventures when he gets home in about 38 hours.... but whose counting??;)

Congrats!!! :cool1: Be sure to send us the link once you start! Blogging can be TONS of fun! For me, it was almost like forcing myself to get my thoughts out - the way I would in a journal. Ideas that I could never remember later on - good ones, too! - were documented so I could take my own advice, since I was able to remember it!

I wish you all the best with it!

Thanks. I want to have a good solid 10+ posts in the can before I actually even start LOOKING for a hosting site. I'm going to get DD's help with all of this while she is home for break in a few weeks. She has two Tumblr accounts/blogs and is an amazing writer.

For me, I'd say that I'm still working on this. I'm still struggling with saying yes to ONE chocolate covered almond, knowing that it is only one point, and that I can definitely spare it to enjoy how tasty it is. I'm still in that stage where it feels WRONG, almost like cheating. But, I'm getting better!

I've had so much fun coaching these past couple of days! Thank you guys so much for giving me this experience!

And you are SO WELCOME!! Thanks for helping out and keeping us on track and for all of the recipes!

Hope your WW meeting was a success! And as you said, better than nothing! Winter has definitely hit me hard, so I know what you mean. But, the sun is staying out longer now, and next week we'll have DST to make it out even longer!!!

Can't wait to change the clocks.... I don't even care about losing an hour of sleep!

Hi, all! Sorry I haven't been on to chat much. It's been a rollercoaster of a week (and its only Tuesday!!!)! No heat at all in my apt - not just little, but none. But, this is happy news, because it means they are finally replacing my radiator! So, while I stay warm at my sister's house, I get to wait for them to call me to go and have them come and replace it.

It's just so sad, I hear it hissing, as it tries so hard to work, but it has finally kicked the bucket! If only it could have kicked the bucket this weekend when it was really warm.... :rolleyes1

Sorry you've been through all of this with such a cold winter!

Anyway, it was also a weekend of figuring out what I wanted to be in this crazy world. Although my goal for February was to get a new job, which I did not succeed at, it has helped me push myself to figure out what I really want from a job. So, I decided to apply to some online master's programs!

It's a long story as to what I'll be studying and why and how, but I'm really excited about it. Now, I just have to summon the courage to ask my boss for a raise so that I can afford it! :worried:

On that super :offtopic: note, if anyone has ever done a degree online, please PM me. I'd LOVE to hear about it (and pick your brain with all my questions!!) popcorn::

Hope you are all enjoying your evenings nice and warm!

CONGRATULATIONS on making a truly LIFE-CHANGING decision! I am really proud of you. My DD has been trying to talk me into going back to school to finish a degree that I stopped short on and I am just being a big chicken about it. Do you know what you want to study??

QUOTD Wed 2/26

These quizzes seem to be all the rage these days, thought I'd try something different for quotd.

http://www.doctoroz.com/quiz/quiz-what-your-metabolism-type

I'm the emotional type.

I'll check it out in a bit! Thanks!

Morning all! Bright sun but really cold here today ..... btw, I'm not sure why I always feel it necessary to start out with a weather report lately....:confused3 But there you go!

As I mentioned, heard from DS last night and that may be the last time before they start the LOOOOOONG journey home. When all is said and done, with time changes and all, it will be about 20 hours of traveling (bus to airport, CR to Phoenix, AZ, Phoenix to Boston and then bus back to NH). He will be EXHAUSTED and then has to be in southern NH bright and early Friday morning for the first weekend of FIRST robotics competition! Hope he sleeps on the bus and plane!

DH is going away for work overnight tonight... and this is the FIRST TIME in 18.5 years that I will be alone overnight in my house!! Strange feeling!

I was going to make today my shopping day, but snow was predicted so I changed it to tomorrow.... but of course, the sun is shining brightly now. :confused3 So I'll spend today doing some WW paperwork and such, sit at my scrapbook table for a few hours, and of course, hit the stupid TM for at least 30 minutes. And if the mood strikes, I will do a bit of cleaning!:lmao:

Off to read the QOTD a bit closer!............P

Hi everyone!

I am home too, got in very late last night. It was a whirlwind of a Princess weekend. That was a hot and humid race. I was 20 minutes slower than Tinker Bell just 5 weeks ago, but I wasn't pushing myself at all. I was so happy to finally earn a coast to coast medal. That baby represents so much hard work and I am very proud of it.

do you have a pic of your coast-to-coast medal!? I'd love to see it! and CONGRATS on your accomplishment, that is FANTASTICAL!!!

Another quick post, gotta get the kids.

5K time 46 minutes
10K time 1 hour 30 minutes - exactly on target
1/2 time 3 hours 26 minutes.

Had a blast and DH and I are planning the tower of terror 10 miler.

WOOHOO!!! :yay:

I'm glad you came back and didn't throw in the towel!! :thanks: for coaching, better days are ahead!

I did the Dr Oz quiz and my answers were all over the place! I had two "C" so surprisingly I am a 'habitual" hunger type and need equal parts protein/fats/carbs. I really don't eat much carbs in the way of bread/cracker products anymore. So I'm probably doing ok, but i'll watch it on MFP to see if I'm doing this already. Oddly enough, I used to be a huge sweet tooth, but since having Addison's where my body dumps salt and I'm actually on a high salt diet, I crave salty foods more than sweet now

so the QOTD of how I add some sweet into my life..well this past week it's been with TJ Maple Leaf cookies... OMG this are soooooo good! I've gotten to where I can just eat one, they are big, but only 110 calories. they smell like a maple iced donut...I think I love smelling them almost as much as eating one! but, they are almost gone and so that's probably good!!

ugh just had one of those horrifying aha moments. We had a couple of events this weekend for work and pictures just went up on facebook. Two were ok, but one was so bad. It was just a really badly framed picture to start but I look humongous in it and it is a little depressing. I really thought this would be the month I would get back to the normal bmi range. sigh. Oh well. Not giving up. :) And not letting anyone tag me in that picture either.:rotfl:

Time to go back to packing for our long weekend. I will do anything to avoid packing, but I am starting to run out of time, because Mike will be home at lunch time and ready to go!

Morning all! Bright sun but really cold here today ..... btw, I'm not sure why I always feel it necessary to start out with a weather report lately.... But there you go!
:rotfl2:
DH is going away for work overnight tonight... and this is the FIRST TIME in 18.5 years that I will be alone overnight in my house!! Strange feeling!
A little Risky business action maybe?

Yeah on the other, more involved tests I was mixed too-- what I gleaned the most from all of it was salmon is really good for me and some foods can affect you in different ways and I'll try to pay closer attention to that.

My daughter wants me to take her running around today so I need to go work out early. My scratch is healing pretty good, funny thing-- soon as I got to where I could take the band aid off----I got a stye in my eye which puffed up my right eyelid and colored it a wonderful mottled red. By the time I figured out what it was after a few days it was starting to turn into pink eye but I got this otc stuff for styes and it worked really well and quickly. OK I am ready to turn into a butterfly now...
My bike tire is flat again my husband thinks someone has it in for me at work because there's been 2 nails in my back tire...I don't know-- he's paranoid and the street I ride up is rough for stuff like that. Last couple times I rode there was a lot of debris in the road because of the snow. Lisa-- those pics you saw of the tanks-- that was just the first snow--it snowed all day long the second day, we had 7-8 inches. There was one bad day where branches we're just falling off all the trees-- it was ridiculous there we're so many and they did a lot of damage being so heavy with ice.
Anyway-- there is one young girl at work I think would be capable of doing that sort of thing--I think she's jealous of a relationship with someone I don't actually have...I don't know--I'm going to ask my "friend" to keep an eye out for someone hanging out around my bike since it's back in his area. Plus it would be because of him I'd be having problems lol... It's the only place I can keep it except in the break room and it's really dirty right now- no point in cleaning it until it stops raining which won't be till July really. :confused3
Well I better get if I'm going to do anything--Sue.

Evening, all! Quiet around these parts! Finally got some word on my heating, and they are coming tomorrow to look at the radiator, and determine what kind it is, SO THAT THEY CAN REPLACE IT!!! YAY!!!:cheer2:

CONGRATULATIONS on making a truly LIFE-CHANGING decision! I am really proud of you. My DD has been trying to talk me into going back to school to finish a degree that I stopped short on and I am just being a big chicken about it. Do you know what you want to study??

Thanks! I'm proud of me, too! I'm looking to get an MBA in hospitality administration. It allows me to go down all the roads I've been thinking about (even going back to work at WDW someday... :rolleyes1 ). I work in event and meeting planning now, so I feel this is the right path for me.

Unfortunately, looks like there's no room for growth at this company, so I'm back to looking for another job. But, knowing an online MBA means I'm not tied down to a location, and I feel much better about that. :)

Hope you are going crazzzzzyyyy!

I really thought this would be the month I would get back to the normal bmi range. sigh. Oh well. Not giving up. :) And not letting anyone tag me in that picture either.:rotfl:

Good for you for having a moment like that and choosing to not give up, instead of throwing in the towel! Sending you lots of good vibes! pixiedust:

OK I am ready to turn into a butterfly now...

Sounds like you've been through a lot! Here's hoping you do turn into a butterfly in your own way! :cheer2:

Hey. Even though it costs me money every time I see her--I love being around my daughter.

Quotd Thu. 27th.
Taking that metabolism quiz made me realize how much I love food. Name one thing that makes you happier than food.

Top of my head-- my favorite thing right now is mornings I can sleep in with the kitty you see in my sig. He is so sweet, gets under the covers with me, gives me kisses and cuddles.

Cya's tomorrow! Sue

Hey. Even though it costs me money every time I see her--I love being around my daughter.

I totally get this!!!!

Quotd Wed. 26th.
Taking that metabolism quiz made me realize how much I love food. Name one thing that makes you happier than food.

actually I can say that over the past three years I have lost a lot of my zest for food, now if only my body reflected that :rotfl:

Flowers :flower3: I know they are cliché and wasteful, but I really :love: flowers. I'm the gal who buys the mark down flowers b/c I love having them in my kitchen. I grow cutting flowers so I can do just that, cut them and put in them on my table. My DD told me once she bought mark down flowers b/c having them in the kitchen made her smile every time she walked in the room... :thumbsup2

wow I spent a lot of time photoshopping photos yesterday! I have Lightroom 4 and I'm trying to learn it, but I'm not on it enough to get proficient. and all this and I still didn't figure out how to correctly export my photos so that when I upload them to walgreens they don't get cropped. I guess I need to visit the photography forum :rolleyes1

anyhow, I'm motivating myself to WO today. I did a sneak WI earlier this week and it was good...hope that number is still there tomorrow!!

SAME HERE

Quotd Wed. 26th.

Top of my head-- my favorite thing right now is mornings I can sleep in with the kitty you see in my sig. He is so sweet, gets under the covers with me, gives me kisses and cuddles.

Cya's tomorrow! Sue

I'll go with my Disney Scrapbooks: those def have lots of happy memories tied to them! second would be Disney Music makes me pretty happy .. Lots of it has a happy memory tied to it as well..

Dont think I'll get a chance to be on tomorrow - busy meeting day at work and leaving early!! WOO :thumbsup2 so hope you all have a great WI (mine is Sat am) we have a busy Saturday planned - I have my WW meeting and WI, I have to make Whoppie Pies and Hubs needs to make Corn Chowder for a cook off and bake sale from 11-1 thrown by our local PTO, then kids are coming for Meatloaf Dinner - altho I am rethinking we may go out.. Haven't tried 5 Guys yet or maybe Buffalo Wild Wings (we have tried that) but the 4 of us haven't been out in a long time and I just found out I'm getting a company bonus :cool1:! so I'll let kids and Hubs decide what them want to do and I'll just pay.. See you all in March!!!

actually I can say that over the past three years I have lost a lot of my zest for food, now if only my body reflected that :rotfl:

Flowers :flower3: I know they are cliché and wasteful, but I really :love: flowers. I'm the gal who buys the mark down flowers b/c I love having them in my kitchen. I grow cutting flowers so I can do just that, cut them and put in them on my table. My DD told me once she bought mark down flowers b/c having them in the kitchen made her smile every time she walked in the room... :thumbsup2

wow I spent a lot of time photoshopping photos yesterday! I have Lightroom 4 and I'm trying to learn it, but I'm not on it enough to get proficient. and all this and I still didn't figure out how to correctly export my photos so that when I upload them to walgreens they don't get cropped. I guess I need to visit the photography forum :rolleyes1

anyhow, I'm motivating myself to WO today. I did a sneak WI earlier this week and it was good...hope that number is still there tomorrow!!

I spent too much time with my sig yesterday. Y'know you can spend a lot of time doing that stuff but you learn it. :flower1:

Hello all! :wave2:

I am back from my fabulously fun Princess week-end! princess: I had a great time. It was very hot and humid to me. I met Buffy and her lovely family and did the 5k on Friday, scream teamed the 10k with Lisa and went to the WISH meet on Saturday, and started the Princess Half but was swept at mile 5. I have now accepted after four attempts that a half marathon in FL is not going to happen for me in this lifetime. I've finished five half marathons and for now I feel that is enough. I had a wonderful time and so much fun with all my friends. It was a memory that I will treasure always. :goodvibes

To ensure that I did not come home and sit on the couch I had already signed up for a 5k training group at my local running store. This will be a totally new experience for me as they run outside regardless of weather -- I train a lot on the indoor track -- and they are starting out running 2 minutes/walking 2 minutes. So it will be like a total reboot for me. I'm already having nightmares about it. :rotfl2: Our first run is Saturday when it is forecast to be 7 and 20 plus mile an hour winds. :rotfl:

Amanda your wedding looks like it is going to be wonderful and so much fun! :bride: Thank you for hostessing this month! :flower3:

WOFTD sorry I missed your coaching debut! :flower3:

Thanks for coaching this week, Susan! :flower3:

I was at 95% for the month so I consider that a victory -- see you all on the March thread! :cool2:

You go Lisa!! Glad you joined a running group. We don't really have one here, just die hard striders in the summer. I'm not fast enough to run with them.
I have 2 5ks coming up, one in March and one in May.
I hope to see you at the 10k next year!! And DH is already asking me about the coast to coast thing so I may see you at Tink someday!

My weight is back down to pre-race. I was kind of surprised when I got on the scale this morning. Back into the 160's again. Woohoo!!

I'm going to focus on my weight from now til the tower of terror 10 miler. I need to increase my speed to keep up with the hubby.

Last post in February!! Ah! Can't believe it is March tomorrow!

Well, here's hoping that March is NOTHING like February haha A lot of things in my life are still exactly the same as they were a month ago, (including a lot of the things I hoped to change in February), but my weight isn't, so I'm happy about that.

And today I could kind of see my collar bone! I've never really been able to see it before - it was very exciting! :)

Quotd Thu. 27th.

Being WARM! Whether it is being under a nice warm blanket, or going out on a hot day, I love it! I used to love winter, but ever since coming back from Florida in the middle of it last year, I've been incredibly sensitive to cold temps. Where are you, Spring?!?!

I am back from my fabulously fun Princess week-end! princess: I had a great time. It was very hot and humid to me. I met Buffy and her lovely family and did the 5k on Friday, scream teamed the 10k with Lisa and went to the WISH meet on Saturday, and started the Princess Half but was swept at mile 5. I have now accepted after four attempts that a half marathon in FL is not going to happen for me in this lifetime. I've finished five half marathons and for now I feel that is enough. I had a wonderful time and so much fun with all my friends. It was a memory that I will treasure always. :goodvibes

Disney races are so easy to think about fondly, even when you had a terrible time. I don't remember very much from my ToT10M except for SWEAT and HUMIDITY and kicking myself for signing up... except I still want to run more races down there hahahaha. The Disney magic lures you in, in spite of the humidity. 5 half marathons is REALLY something to be proud of. Forget WDW races, you don't need them.

My weight is back down to pre-race. I was kind of surprised when I got on the scale this morning. Back into the 160's again. Woohoo!!

That's so exciting! Congrats!!! And up-ing your time is a great way to focus on your weight, so that's awesome!! :woohoo:

Hi ladies!

First of all, WOOHOOOOOOO!!!! to our Princess runners! I was so jealous to be on the sidelines, but after Dopey, I certainly can't complain. Princess is on my list one of these years! :) Congratulations to all of you on a wonderful accomplishment! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

February was...not kind. I plateau'd something fierce! I ended the month up a half pound from where I started. It could have been worse, absolutely, and I've started making an effort to get more intentional about exercise. I have a half marathon two weeks from tomorrow, and I've been getting ready for that, but I haven't been really diving into other areas of well-rounded exercise. I started back up with Jillian and Ripped in 30. I like that workout - it's always challenging when I start it over - I do it 3x/week or so and take two weeks per level, so it ends up being a 2-month endeavor to do the whole thing.

And yesterday I got comped into our work gym and had a great conversation with the membership director (who comped me in). I telecommute 4 days a week, so it doesn't make sense to buy a membership. However, it was great yesterday to pop in for a 3-mile run because I had that hole in my schedule and wanted to squeeze the exercise in. In talking with her, though, I learned that their new membership system allows them to design custom memberships for employees on different schedules! She's running numbers on the different levels (I'd love to use the locker room with the towel service - less to carry), but the most basic get-in-the-door fee for a whole year (at 1x/week) would only be $75! For a year! I can do that, and it would let me exercise on a day I've always written off as an impossibilty because of my schedule. Take that, pounds.

So on to March. Sunday night is Oscar night. Oscar night for me is, well, indulgent. It's terrible, but it's my once a year tradition, and I love it. I'm on the couch from red carpet to Best Picture announcement, with live blogs and my Oscar pool, and my food is: Kraft Mac & Cheese Deluxe (the one time a year I eat it - YUM), dark chocolate m&m's, and wine. Heaven, right? I have an added bonus this year in that I know two nominees! The songwriters from Frozen are a wonderful married couple; he's a college friend. We are BEYOND excited for them to hopefully take home an Oscar, so this year is even bigger than usual for my Oscar night tradition.

Since my March starting weight is coming on Monday, I have a feeling I'll be starting March a little high after Sunday night, but I'm hoping to rein it in on Saturday and Sunday during the day while we're gone to try and balance the Sunday night madness a little bit. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

XO
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter