WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February Challenge*~* Everyone Welcome <3

araes2102

DIS Veteran
We will be looking and feeling Fabulous in February!

Welcome to WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February 2014 edition*~*

Please read the complete instructions in post 2, and then let me know if you have any questions.
The philosophy behind our new challenge: small achievable goals. One month at a time, one week at a time, one day at a time, one bite at a time.
Results will be posted as a % lost (pounds) towards monthly goal.

Thanks to Rose&Mike for creating our new challenge format which has been a great success! :thanks:

Weigh in Days--Weight Loss
PM Weight to araes2102
February 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
February 7
February 14
February 21
February 28 (last chance)

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100%WISH green

Weigh in Days--Maintainers:
February 1 (pm starting weight, maintain range, and goal for the month; 145, range 141-149, goal 4 weeks)
February 7
February 14
February 21

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

Welcome to *~*Fabulous February*~* 2014 edition! Losers and Maintainers welcome!

Quick overview:
Weigh in days
February 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
February 7
February 14
February 21

Pm weights to araes2102

How the challenge works:
This is the new and improved challenge that replaces the BL challenges. Like the show has evolved, so have our challenges and this format takes the best of that long standing tradition and makes it even better! ::yes::

The goal of the new challenge is to meet your weight loss/maintain goals on a monthly basis. Results will be posted as percentages toward goal and your color will change as you approach your goal, similar to the exercise thread on the WISH boards. It is the hope that this new format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

It is up to the hostess each month as to whether she wants to have coaches/Question of the day, mini-challenges, etc. It is her month, so she can choose to handle it how she wants.

Heres how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it) except the hostess for the month. NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Let me repeat: NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL. A loss is a loss is a loss. Your color will change based on your % lost toward goal.

On February 1st you will pm araes2102 (hostess for February) your starting weight AND your goal for the month. On Friday February 7, February 14, February 21, and February 28 you can pm araes2102 an updated weight. On Monday nights the thread will be updated with percentage toward goal.

Here is an example of what the stats will look like.

Updated January 7, 2013
Minnie Mouse 25.00 %
Daisy Duck 12.00 %
Goofy 0.00
%
Donald Duck 33.33 %
Mickey Mouse 40.00 %

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--ALMOST THERE!
100%WISH green

In this case Goofy, put on a few pounds, but that will be reported as 0%. We are not going to call people out, but just report positive moves towards your goal!

Minnie Mouse had a starting weight of 110 with a goal of 4 pounds. At her weigh in she reported a weight of 109 with a percentage loss of 25%.

Your color will change based on your % loss. If you gain, your percentage will decrease, and your color will change, but no one will know your weight except the hostess. Only your % loss toward goal will be reported. Negative percentages will not be reported

Participants (other than the hostess) will not know your pound lost goal or actual weight unless you choose to share it with them.

Maintainers will set a goal for the month of number of weeks they would like to stay in maintain range (+/- 4 pounds).
They will weigh in on the first day of the month and then on each of the weekends. Their results will be reported as percentages along with their goal.

For example:
Pluto 1/4 25%.

Pluto has a goal of maintaining all four weeks. He put on 1 pound at the first weigh in, but is in his maintain range.

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

It really is pretty simple. Remember, no one will see your weight or pound loss goal except the hostess unless you choose to share it.

Percentage loss will be updated once a week. If you miss sending in your weight over the weekend, no big deal, just send an update the following weekend. Please understand that this is a volunteer job and the hostess will only be updating once a week.

Hopefully I have answered all of your questions.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing everyone meet their healthy living goals!

Participant List

Losers
50sjayne
araes2102 113%
BernardandMissBianca 73%
bigsis1970 77%
Castillo Mom 90%
Deffenm
DisFam95 4%
drinkme 40%
Flossbolna 18%
Friend of a Mouse 40%
happysummer 7%
iheartjuppy 109%
Kachina 100%
lisah0711 95%
lovetoscrap 50%
mainemooncat 15%
myweegirls
ohMom 80%
Rose&Mike 40%
sskem96 52%
StarGirl11 115%
willonlyflytodisney 165%

Maintainers
jillbur 50%

Coaching Schedule

We will have coaches for this challenge. Coaches post the Question of the Day (QOTD), do replies, and generally keep our conversation moving. Coaching is a lot of fun and coaches often enjoy what we call "the coaching effect" and have a great loss the weeks that they coach. It is a lot of fun! :cool2:

Here is the coaching schedule for February. The coaching time offive days seems to be working... giving us a little more variety and making it easier on our coaches who do so much for us. :flower3:

These challenges are "run" by volunteers and it takes everyone participating to make a successful challenge.

2/01 - 2/05
2/06 - 2/10 lisah0711 (Lisa)
2/11 - 2/15 bigsis1970 (Michelle)
2/16 - 2/20 pjlla (Pamela)
2/21 - 2/25 willonlyflytodisney
2/26 - 2/28 50sjayne (Susan)

Thanks to all who have volunteered to coach! :thanks:

Future Challenges

We had a great year with our new WATP challenge format. :goodvibes We launched a new challenge format, had lots of lovely hostesses helping us along the way, and even had hostesses from Europe all summer which is a first for any WISH challenge that I know of. :cool2:

But these challenges don't run themselves -- it takes a lot of effort from everyone especially our hostesses. :flower3: One of the reasons we switched to the monthly format was to avoid hostess burnout. We need hostesses for future challenges. Any volunteers? :hmghost:

Future challenge hostesses:
March 2014 Eliza32 (Helen)
April 2014 Friend of a Mouse
May 2014 willonlyflytodisney
June 2014 Flossbolna (Magdalene)
July 2014 araes2102 (Amanda)
August 2014
September 2014
October 2014 Lisah0711 (Lisa)
November 2014
December 2014

Hello all! :wave2:

Since we don't have a coach yet I thought I would start off this month with a QOTD for us!

QOTD Sat 2/1 It is a new month and we are still at the beginning of the year! What did do really well with last month? What did you struggle with? What are you going to do to ensure a successful month (and year) ahead?

Don't forget to PM you initial weigh-in AND your goal (of pounds to lose)!

Well.... what a month January was. Went back to work after 3 weeks off at Christmas, which has been very hectic. Celebrated my son becoming a teenager (is celebrated the right word for something like that? :scared:). Daughter began Girl Scouts (and DF became the troop leader) and have been inundated with GS cookie sales. And of course finalizing plans for the upcoming nuptials! Only 45 days!!:yay: It has been exhausting to say the least.

Most frustrating for me was that despite working hard this month, the scale did not budge one ounce until just a few days ago!! OMG I was getting upset. So it was good to see a loss, not as much as I was hoping for the month but I am happy it moved!

So here is a progress shot, me in Sept 2013 while dress shopping and then just last week at alterations. I was pretty happy to see the progress :)

My sister announced when she came out for a visit at Christmas that she was expecting her first baby. She had been trying to get pregnant for 2 ½ yrs, even using fertility treatments, so this was very amazing news. But today she lost the baby at 11 weeks. I haven’t even been able to speak to her because she asked to be left alone for now. But I am devastated for her and not sure what I can do, she lives in California and I know that words are of very little comfort at a time like this...

Well, to answer my own QOTD, I did very well on not giving up, even when the scale was being stubborn! I struggled with eating, snacking specifically. I have always struggled with this, but had gotten it under control... or so I thought. Lately I have gone back to snacking every night, even after a great day. So I plan to work on getting this in check again! I also plan to be committed to adding in strength training 3 days a week to my exercise routine. I keep starting and stopping this, I just need to make that commitment! On a brighter note, I have done well with my commitment to hiking and zumba :)

Since we don't have a coach yet I thought I would start off this month with a QOTD for us!

QOTD Sat 2/1 It is a new month and we are still at the beginning of the year! What did do really well with last month? What did you struggle with? What are you going to do to ensure a successful month (and year) ahead?

:woohoo: I love me a brand new shiny thread! :cool2:

Amanda, you're pictures look fabulous! You will be a beautiful bride. :bride: I'm sorry the scale wasn't showing your hard work but the pictures definately do! ::yes::

Last month I did really well with my half marathon training for the Princess. princess: That was the priority so that is good news. Unfortunately that also means that the scale has a tendency to go up rather than down and although I know why, it is still frustrating. :headache: I know giving up is the NOT the answer so I am going to micromanage things and not worry about the big picture and break it down to one pound at a time, one meal at a time. I think a new month with more daylight will help, too. :beach:

Amanda--you look great! :) So excited for you.
I am very sorry about your sister.:hug: When I had my miscarriage and when we had our 2 failed adoptions I said I didn't want to talk to anyone or be around anyone, but I think in retrospect in would have been good to know someone was there to just listen no matter what I needed to say. I would just keep reaching out as gently as you can and eventually she will be ready to talk. :hug:

I pm'd you! I was actually down .4 today from yesterday!:cool1: My goal is 4 pounds, though I doubt that I will make it. But I found if I set too low a goal I put it off until the end of the month...Anyhow, I am now 2.2 pounds from being back in the 150s--for good this time!!:goodvibes

What I did well--upped my workouts, upped my posting, upped my water. Not so well--too many snacks, still not enough water, and let the weather get the best of me. I am going to keep doing what I have been doing, and work harder to choose healthier snacks. :)

And for everyone who works out a lot...I have started adding in a serving of almonds immediately (before I get a shower) after working out and it has really helped with those "I want to eat everything in sight" cravings that often occur after hard workouts. :)

I know giving up is the NOT the answer so I am going to micromanage things and not worry about the big picture and break it down to one pound at a time, one meal at a time. I think a new month with more daylight will help, too. :beach:
yep, yep, and yep! :)

We already hit the gym this morning and now we are headed out to the tile store to shop for a project. We are going to make a small kitchen island for our apartment. :) If it turns out I will post pictures. :)

I'm here again :)

I didn't post as much as I wanted to in January and I just looked at my February calendar :scared1: We have so much going on! My goal is to get here at least 3 days a week. I would love to keep up with the QOTDs and reply to others, but sometimes I just get too far behind. So, I'll try my best.

QOTD~I struggled with tracking food and working out. I was sick so it threw me off for a little over a week. So, I am going to get back to tracking food and a more consistent exercise routine. I did do good that I maintained, though. With all the FREEZING weather we had, I am proud that I didn't go overboard with the comfort foods. I am also going to limit the Diet Coke and Diet Dr Pepper. I am thinking just once or twice a week (if it's a special occasion like the 3 birthdays in my families this month)

Amanda~you look marvelous! Thanks for hosting at this busy time. And, so sorry for your sister. I've been there and also wanted to be alone. After about 24 hours, I just told people that I really didn't want to talk about it. That's how I dealt with the loss. I think if you let your sister know you are there for her if she needs you, it's all you can do at this point. Maybe you can send something to let her know you are thinking of her and are there if she needs you? Maybe a Edible Arrangement or something similar?

Rose~have fun with your project! I'd love to see pics.

My nephew is in his high school band and they are having a soup fest today. Lots of crock pots full of soup to sample. My kids, my mom, and I are going and my plan is to try just a few soups and to try hard to steer clear of cream based soups and the bread. I dislike chicken broth based soups so much, so I'm hoping to find a nice veggie or a chili type for protein.

Yesterday on my lunch break I happen to jump on my Facebook app and saw that the arena about 25 minutes away from me (Youngstown, OH) released more seats for an Elton John concert tonight. I got on my computer and Ticketmaster just to see if anything was available. It's a small place and every seat is awesome. I tried for 3 seats (me, my mom, my sister) and none were available so I tried for 2. Nope. I kept hitting the select seats button over & over and about 10 minutes later, 2 seats together popped up. I bought them and asked my sister if she wanted to go (DH works tonight). She did and my mom said she could come to my house to watch my boys, so I am super excited to see Elton John tonight! The seats aren't the greatest, but for $37, I don't care :) I am not a huge Elton John fan, but he has got to put on a heck of a concert :thumbsup2

Okay, off to get DSs to get showered and get ready for some soup! Have a great day.

Jill

ETA~I just realized I'm over 1000 posts. Whoop!

Hi everyone!!! Happy February!!! :cool1:

Thanks, Amanda for hosting this month! You are a BEAUTIFUL bride and I can't wait until your wedding so I can live vicariously through you. I may or may not have been binge watching Say Yes to the Dress lately... :rolleyes1

VERY excited for this month! I try to approach every day as a fresh start, but something about a new month makes it even more inticing! :) You guys are practically part of my weight loss routine now!

Working out consistently and tracking on WW REALLY helped last week. Its less counting points and more holding myself accountable. Last night, the show I directed, Hansel and Gretel went up and it was SO well! The parents hosted a reception afterwards, and they made me try this chocolate glob thing. Rather than having one, I just had a bite. When I needed to wash it down with something, I went for the Diet coke, and right before I was about to pour it, I said, "What am I doing? I don't even drink this. I am just drinking it because it is here." My friend started laughing but it was a GREAT moment for me! I went downstairs and got some water from the water fountain.

It is the little things like that that I think I did the best with in January, and I hope to continue to do so in February. I'm all about making this a lifestyle now, and not just a couple of months of weight loss. So, when my boss took me out for a celebratory glass of wine last night, I was okay having it, knowing that it was just one glass and I had a workout this morning. :)

Honestly - I owe most of that accountability to you guys, so THANK YOU! :grouphug: Can't wait to see

Last month I did really well with my half marathon training for the Princess. princess: That was the priority so that is good news. Unfortunately that also means that the scale has a tendency to go up rather than down and although I know why, it is still frustrating. :headache: I know giving up is the NOT the answer so I am going to micromanage things and not worry about the big picture and break it down to one pound at a time, one meal at a time. I think a new month with more daylight will help, too. :beach:

I know that once you finish the Princess, every pound, gained or lost, will be 100% worth it when you cross that finish line. You can do it! :cool1:

Anyhow, I am now 2.2 pounds from being back in the 150s--for good this time!!:goodvibes

And for everyone who works out a lot...I have started adding in a serving of almonds immediately (before I get a shower) after working out and it has really helped with those "I want to eat everything in sight" cravings that often occur after hard workouts. :)

CONGRATS on being close to the 150s! 150 is my ultimate goal so just hearing you be close makes me SO happy for you! And great idea on the almonds! I definitely have those cravings!! popcorn::

With all the FREEZING weather we had, I am proud that I didn't go overboard with the comfort foods. I am also going to limit the Diet Coke and Diet Dr Pepper. I am thinking just once or twice a week (if it's a special occasion like the 3 birthdays in my families this month)

WTG! :woohoo: I am so with you - winter is definitely comfort food month. My grandmother used to plow food into us all and say, "eating COMFORT food makes you more COMFORTABLE for me to cuddle with" =P

Once again, HAPPY February! Hope everyone is able to stay strong through all the holidays February has to offer. I know my single self will be on here a lot around the dreaded V-day to attempt to not buy myself a box of chocolates for myself lol

I'm in again for the month. Everything was hard for me! I'm trying to quite diet soda and I think it's like quitting smoking where you turn to food. The loss of that sweet treat is making me look for something else to satisfy me!

My loss last month was not impressive but I guess the couple pounds down was better than up right!

I'm going to commit more time like I used to for my workouts. Still focus on limiting/stopping soda and watch the snacking!

Amanda (((hugs)))

Joining back up after quite a few months away :) this winter has been pretty brutal weather-wise and health-wise for our family (nothing major thankfully just lots of viruses ugh!) so I have let good habits fall by the wayside in favor of quick/easy. My weight hasn't suffered all that much but I want to get back to good habits and having a goal and support is a huge part of that for me. I'm hoping as the worst weather passes I can get outside for more walks and get back in the habit of tracking food and exercise with myfitnesspal and my fitbit. I signed up for a wellness challenge at work (committing to team exercise minutes) and hope that this group, that group, and the fact we booked our WDW trip for the end of April will be the kick in the rear I need! :) looking forward to reconnecting with some familiar "faces" and making new friends! :) Feeling inspired by the OP's progress! (congrats on your upcoming big day BTW!)!

OP, I am sincerely sorry for your sister's and your family's loss. I hope she is able to ask for and get support when she is ready. Our local hospital had a (free) loss group available that has been truly a helpful resource to many friends - being sort of anonymous but with others in the same situation was somehow "easier" (obviously not easy I I'm struggling for the right word) than talking to close friends and family at first and helped with some coping tools and skills. Perhaps if that is something she wants to pursue she may find a similar resource.

My sister announced when she came out for a visit at Christmas that she was expecting her first baby. She had been trying to get pregnant for 2 ½ yrs, even using fertility treatments, so this was very amazing news. But today she lost the baby at 11 weeks. I haven’t even been able to speak to her because she asked to be left alone for now. But I am devastated for her and not sure what I can do, she lives in California and I know that words are of very little comfort at a time like this...

First, very deepest condolences to your sister and your family. I also was in this same position and I understand her need to grieve alone, but I also know she will need you soon! I am so sorry for her loss and this sad news.

However, you look FANTASTIC in your wedding dress! That is very exciting, and you will have a wonderful day! Your hard work is showing!

Thanks for hostessing this month!

Hi everyone! I'm very excited to be joining for the first time.

I had fallen off the wagon of health eating for quite some time but got back into the swing of things in mid January. To back up a little, in '04 I had lost about 70 pounds. Long story short, I gained a lot of the weight back but fortunately not all of it. I refuse to go back to my original weight, I was just so miserable then.

Anyway, as of last week's weigh in I had a total loss of 6 pounds after two weeks of healthy eating. Oh who am I kidding, I'm scale obsessed so I weigh in pretty much every other day, sometimes every day! And therein lies one of my issues. Since about last Tuesday the scale hasn't budged.:(

So along with my weight loss goal for this month I'm going to try my hardest not to get discouraged at what the scale reads. I can't promise that I'll stop being scale obsessed but I have to stop being so hard on myself because it's counterproductive.

I feel very comfortable here on W.I.S.H. so I'm not shy in admitting that I'm currently at 202.5 so hopefully I'll be in onederland at 197.5 by month end. We shall see!

Hi everyone! I'm very excited to be joining for the first time.

It's wonderful to see you over here. :hug: I'm joining for the first time, too. I need some serious accountability. Best of luck reaching your goals.

I'm not quite comfortable with talking about my weight yet, because it's reached a point where I am utterly embarrassed by that number, but I'll say that my goal this month is to lose 8 pounds.

Nice to meet everyone.

Hi everyone! Back in for February. I had a good January, so you'd think those last 3.6 pounds to get back to WW goal weight wouldn't seem so intimidating, and yet they are. Why are the last few always the hardest??

I got out for a 7-mile run today. It was re-entry by fire - I'd barely run since Dopey in January. I needed the rest after that challenge, but I'd have started back sooner if not for the nasty cold that knocked me out for a week. Today was a rare day here lately - 50 degrees and sunny! We get that again tomorrow before another storm tomorrow night, and colder temps on Monday. I'm so ready for this winter to be over. That groundhog and I are going to have a serious chat tomorrow morning...

But the run put me back on track for my next half marathon, which is the Rock 'n' Roll Half USA in DC, a local one for me!

I was shocked at how much weight I'd put on by the time I got through a December vacation, the holidays, and DH's and my trip to WDW in January for Dopey. I couldn't zip up my jeans, and I was feeling really badly about that even while I had this great feeling of accomplishment from completing Dopey. So I just buckled down with WW and exercise (stationary bike while I wasn't running) and was really meticulous about tracking - everything. And it worked!

But I know what happens after staying that hardcore on plan - after several weeks, I start to slip and slide a bit, and a bit more...and so I know that this is the point when I need to pay attention to that and work in some treats to keep my sweet tooth and indulgent side happy while still staying on plan back to my WW goal. SO close, and yet so far. Ultimately, I want to be solidly back to goal before we go on our spring break trip with DDs to WDW! And then maintain, maintain, maintain.

Go, Lisa! You're going to rock the Princess! I know that feeling of training well and gaining at the same time all too well. I think it's just part of the long distance thing. Just think how terrifically strong and in shape you are - the rest will follow! I totally agree about more daylight helping, too. I just feel better and happier when we get those light hours back. I can't wait to hear about your Princess run!

XO
Liz

Wowza! How did I MISS the fact that it is now February??? I came on here this morning searching for the January thread and then realized it is time to move my chatter to FEBRUARY!! Silly me! Well anyhow, here I am, ready to gab and chat and laugh and share! Off to read and reply............P

Hello all!

Thanks for the QOTD and if you need coaching staff, let me know!!

I did really well with my healthy eating in January.... reduced my personal meat intake, stayed consistent with my vegetable intake (despite it being winter), journaled/tracked my food for 29 out of 31 days (missed NY day and a weekend visiting DD).

Not so well... significantly lacking organized/planned exercise and too much popcorn! Plus I didn't do nearly as well with family meal planning as I usually do and I'm sure that contributed to my lack of good weight loss, overspending on the grocery budget, and the feeling of being disorganized.

To ensure a great February and a wonderful 2014 (as far as health is concerned) I MUST start planning and completing exercise, make a few doctors appointments (I'm years overdue for a lady exam, missed my mammo in December, and should probably get just a basic physical as well).

Well.... what a month January was. Went back to work after 3 weeks off at Christmas, which has been very hectic. Celebrated my son becoming a teenager (is celebrated the right word for something like that? ). Daughter began Girl Scouts (and DF became the troop leader) and have been inundated with GS cookie sales. And of course finalizing plans for the upcoming nuptials! Only 45 days! It has been exhausting to say the least.

Most frustrating for me was that despite working hard this month, the scale did not budge one ounce until just a few days ago!! OMG I was getting upset. So it was good to see a loss, not as much as I was hoping for the month but I am happy it moved!

So here is a progress shot, me in Sept 2013 while dress shopping and then just last week at alterations. I was pretty happy to see the progress

WOOHOO and congratulations to your family for so many big things!! And you look LOVELY!! I can't wait to see pictures from the big day!

Honestly, don't really have any personal experience, except from your seat. I think what might be best right now is just a letter or card, letting her know that you are thinking of her and that you understand her loss. I think so many people believe that losing a pregnancy that early makes it somehow not a "real" loss... or that it wasn't a "real" baby. Her heart is breaking right now, she is grieving for the loss of that baby and for her dashed hopes and dreams. I can understand not wanting to talk to people.... who wants to hear the old "it wasn't meant to be" or "you'll get pregnant again soon."? She just needs people to mourn the loss with her for now and to support her and love her. Sending a card full of love and sympathy that acknowledges the true loss is probably the best for now. She can read it when she feels ready, if she cries she can do it alone instead of on the phone with you, and she can keep it as a small keepsake of the pregnancy. Also, let her know that you are ready to listen whenever she is ready to talk about it.

Well, to answer my own QOTD, I did very well on not giving up, even when the scale was being stubborn! I struggled with eating, snacking specifically. I have always struggled with this, but had gotten it under control... or so I thought. Lately I have gone back to snacking every night, even after a great day. So I plan to work on getting this in check again! I also plan to be committed to adding in strength training 3 days a week to my exercise routine. I keep starting and stopping this, I just need to make that commitment! On a brighter note, I have done well with my commitment to hiking and zumba

Good for you for realizing your struggle and working on it! Nothing like a pretty new WHITE DRESS to keep the motivation strong!!

:woohoo: I love me a brand new shiny thread! :cool2:

ME TOO!

Amanda, you're pictures look fabulous! You will be a beautiful bride. :bride: I'm sorry the scale wasn't showing your hard work but the pictures definately do!

Last month I did really well with my half marathon training for the Princess. princess: That was the priority so that is good news. Unfortunately that also means that the scale has a tendency to go up rather than down and although I know why, it is still frustrating. I know giving up is the NOT the answer so I am going to micromanage things and not worry about the big picture and break it down to one pound at a time, one meal at a time. I think a new month with more daylight will help, too.

Sounds like a PLAN!!

Amanda--you look great! :) So excited for you.
I am very sorry about your sister. When I had my miscarriage and when we had our 2 failed adoptions I said I didn't want to talk to anyone or be around anyone, but I think in retrospect in would have been good to know someone was there to just listen no matter what I needed to say. I would just keep reaching out as gently as you can and eventually she will be ready to talk. :hug:

Great advise.

I pm'd you! I was actually down .4 today from yesterday! My goal is 4 pounds, though I doubt that I will make it. But I found if I set too low a goal I put it off until the end of the month...Anyhow, I am now 2.2 pounds from being back in the 150s--for good this time!!

Wonderful!!!

What I did well--upped my workouts, upped my posting, upped my water. Not so well--too many snacks, still not enough water, and let the weather get the best of me. I am going to keep doing what I have been doing, and work harder to choose healthier snacks. :)

And I, for one, was so happy to see your smiling face on the thread more often!!:wave2:

Great suggestion.

yep, yep, and yep! :)

We already hit the gym this morning and now we are headed out to the tile store to shop for a project. We are going to make a small kitchen island for our apartment. If it turns out I will post pictures.

Can't wait to see pictures!

I'm here again

I didn't post as much as I wanted to in January and I just looked at my February calendar. We have so much going on! My goal is to get here at least 3 days a week. I would love to keep up with the QOTDs and reply to others, but sometimes I just get too far behind. So, I'll try my best.

We all understand and will be happy to say hello, whenever you can be here!

QOTD~I struggled with tracking food and working out. I was sick so it threw me off for a little over a week. So, I am going to get back to tracking food and a more consistent exercise routine. I did do good that I maintained, though. With all the FREEZING weather we had, I am proud that I didn't go overboard with the comfort foods. I am also going to limit the Diet Coke and Diet Dr Pepper. I am thinking just once or twice a week (if it's a special occasion like the 3 birthdays in my families this month)

I agree that the weather is NOT helping here! Some days I just want to crawl back into my fluffy cozy bed with a huge cup of cocoa or soup and just read! So hard to get moving and motivated when the house is cold, the car is cold, recess duty is cold, my classroom is cold, etc.

My nephew is in his high school band and they are having a soup fest today. Lots of crock pots full of soup to sample. My kids, my mom, and I are going and my plan is to try just a few soups and to try hard to steer clear of cream based soups and the bread. I dislike chicken broth based soups so much, so I'm hoping to find a nice veggie or a chili type for protein.

Any new amazing recipes to share????

Yesterday on my lunch break I happen to jump on my Facebook app and saw that the arena about 25 minutes away from me (Youngstown, OH) released more seats for an Elton John concert tonight. I got on my computer and Ticketmaster just to see if anything was available. It's a small place and every seat is awesome. I tried for 3 seats (me, my mom, my sister) and none were available so I tried for 2. Nope. I kept hitting the select seats button over & over and about 10 minutes later, 2 seats together popped up. I bought them and asked my sister if she wanted to go (DH works tonight). She did and my mom said she could come to my house to watch my boys, so I am super excited to see Elton John tonight! The seats aren't the greatest, but for $37, I don't care :) I am not a huge Elton John fan, but he has got to put on a heck of a concert :thumbsup2

Wow! $37 for concert tickets of ANY KIND is pretty amazing! Have a FUN evening and I would LOVE to see him. I'm not a huge fan either, but heck, he is a LEGEND!

Okay, off to get DSs to get showered and get ready for some soup! Have a great day.

Jill

ETA~I just realized I'm over 1000 posts. Whoop!

Happy1000 post count!!

Hi everyone!!! Happy February!!! :cool1:

Thanks, Amanda for hosting this month! You are a BEAUTIFUL bride and I can't wait until your wedding so I can live vicariously through you. I may or may not have been binge watching Say Yes to the Dress lately... :rolleyes1

It must be the age.... DD loves that show as well (although I admit, I'm over it). Do you have a wedding Pinterest board as well???

VERY excited for this month! I try to approach every day as a fresh start, but something about a new month makes it even more inticing! :) You guys are practically part of my weight loss routine now!

Glad to hear that! I will say, without a DOUBT, that this group has become a HUGE part of my weight loss/weight maintenance support team.... similar to a WW group. I do love WW, but it is definitely different being the LEADER rather than just a member and I like coming here to have lots of chatter and support whenever I need it! And that is how I give myself an "guilt-free" excuse to pop on here, even when I might not really have the time.... because it is for my HEALTH!!:lmao:

Working out consistently and tracking on WW REALLY helped last week. Its less counting points and more holding myself accountable. Last night, the show I directed, Hansel and Gretel went up and it was SO well! The parents hosted a reception afterwards, and they made me try this chocolate glob thing. Rather than having one, I just had a bite. When I needed to wash it down with something, I went for the Diet coke, and right before I was about to pour it, I said, "What am I doing? I don't even drink this. I am just drinking it because it is here." My friend started laughing but it was a GREAT moment for me! I went downstairs and got some water from the water fountain.

HUGE congrats o the show! And an even bigger WOOHOOO and CONGRATULATIONS on making such a smart choice for your HEALTH!! Diet soda (aspartame) is literally poison to your brain.

It is the little things like that that I think I did the best with in January, and I hope to continue to do so in February. I'm all about making this a lifestyle now, and not just a couple of months of weight loss. So, when my boss took me out for a celebratory glass of wine last night, I was okay having it, knowing that it was just one glass and I had a workout this morning. :)

Oh my gosh.... you are totally GETTING IT! It makes my heart happy to hear you say those things!

Once again, HAPPY February! Hope everyone is able to stay strong through all the holidays February has to offer. I know my single self will be on here a lot around the dreaded V-day to attempt to not buy myself a box of chocolates for myself lol

Buy yourself a pretty flower or a bottle of nail polish or a good book.... or splurge on some TIME for yourself.... take a long bath with a good book and a small glass of wine. We'll have to do some more chatting about non-edible Valentine's gifts soon!

I'm in again for the month. Everything was hard for me! I'm trying to quite diet soda and I think it's like quitting smoking where you turn to food. The loss of that sweet treat is making me look for something else to satisfy me!

My loss last month was not impressive but I guess the couple pounds down was better than up right!

I'm going to commit more time like I used to for my workouts. Still focus on limiting/stopping soda and watch the snacking!

Amanda (((hugs)))

How about a seltzer with some lemon or lime or an orange slice squeezed in? I know that helped me eliminate the Diet Coke. Or a nice glass of iced tea with a bit of lemon and a sprinkling of stevia?

Joining back up after quite a few months away :) this winter has been pretty brutal weather-wise and health-wise for our family (nothing major thankfully just lots of viruses ugh!) so I have let good habits fall by the wayside in favor of quick/easy. My weight hasn't suffered all that much but I want to get back to good habits and having a goal and support is a huge part of that for me. I'm hoping as the worst weather passes I can get outside for more walks and get back in the habit of tracking food and exercise with myfitnesspal and my fitbit. I signed up for a wellness challenge at work (committing to team exercise minutes) and hope that this group, that group, and the fact we booked our WDW trip for the end of April will be the kick in the rear I need! :) looking forward to reconnecting with some familiar "faces" and making new friends! :) Feeling inspired by the OP's progress! (congrats on your upcoming big day BTW!)!

Glad to have you back and recommitted!!

OP, I am sincerely sorry for your sister's and your family's loss. I hope she is able to ask for and get support when she is ready. Our local hospital had a (free) loss group available that has been truly a helpful resource to many friends - being sort of anonymous but with others in the same situation was somehow "easier" (obviously not easy I I'm struggling for the right word) than talking to close friends and family at first and helped with some coping tools and skills. Perhaps if that is something she wants to pursue she may find a similar resource.

Another great suggestion.

I'm in. I'll have to PM weights and goals later though. I haven't decided on a goal yet.

WOOHOO! Glad you are here with us!

Did I make it through?? Am I pretty well caught up?? Phew!

Anyhow, Happy Sunday all! Cloudy and cold here, but not as brutally cold as it has been. The men are STILL asleep (lazy bums..;) ) and I am done with my second cup of coffee.... but I am NO LONGER waiting for them for breakfast.... I'm starving! Time to make myself something delicious! Just not sure what that will be yet! :lmao: Probably egg whites with veggies. I try to save things like yogurt and peanut butter toast for days when I am rushing a bit more. Ooooohhh.. I know... I'm going to make a change-it-up breakfast bowl! I have some leftover sweet potatoes from last night's dinner! YUM!

After breakfast I will start some cleaning :sad2:... it never ends. And when the guys are awake I need to get a big suitcase from the attic and start helping DS pack for Costa Rica.... he leaves in 17 days! I need to start a list and see what we still need to buy and he needs to try on some shorts and such to see if last summer's stuff still fits.... even at 6" tall, he is STILL growing (albeit a bit slower now).

TTYL............................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter