• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February Challenge*~* Everyone Welcome <3

Good morning, everyone!

Today is National Tortilla Chip Day!

picvebdNa.jpg

Delicious and addicting, personally, I prefer Kale chips now!

Monday, February 24th QOTD:What are your favorite NEW foods that substitute some of your old favorites?

And if you are interested, HERE's an easy recipe for Kale Chips.

BBL to chat

Hi
I am new to this forum, but keen to join for March if that is possible? Any tips appreciated. I am having trouble getting my head into diet mode, sometimes that doesn't help as you think you are on a diet and sabotage occurs!
Welcome!
For just getting started I would say:
1. Work really hard on creating new habits, even if it is a slow progression. For instance pick one thing a week and really stick with it for an entire week and add on from there.
2. As for sabotage--two of our favorite quotes around here are--"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and "You wouldn't throw out all the dishes just because you broke one plate (meaning one bad meal, day etc, is not a reason to give up). :)

Yuccccccckkkkkkk.

Just went to my sisters, and they are not doing well as a family, money wise and otherwise. So, she served Spaghetti-Os for lunch...

My stomach is still grumbling. I just felt terrible saying no, since I know she can't afford a lot, but it was... GROSS. When I was in college, I used to eat a lot of this type of food - Chef Boyardee galore! So, I was almost intrigued to eat a bit - indulge myself in what I used to consider a comfort food....
Ick! Hope you are feeling better. Even when I eat junk, that is not on my list of go tos. And I really think you could make really good spaghetti from scratch for less. I made a marinara sauce in the crock pot with lentils yesterday and it was delicious, made a ton and was very easy.

Well, that d*** polar vortex is coming back.:sad1: It is sucking the life out of me. Even before it gets here we are over 20 degrees below normal. It warmed up one day last week and we had tornado warnings...ugh. I know, quit complaining about the weather!:goodvibes We have got to pull out of this at some point, right?

Like I mentioned above, made lentil carbonara yesterday, so feeling back on track. We leave to see DS on Wednesday, so I am going to try to come up with some easy stuff to take along cause I don't want to eat out for four days. We will have a mini fridge and a microwave. I might take along my mini george forman to make gf toast. I am thinking some hardboiled eggs, this really good salad that I made with beans and artichokes and some kind of pasta dish to heat up along with some peanut butter and jelly, carrots, nuts and fruit. My stomach is such a mess from all of my 'comfort eating' last week that I really just want some healthy food right now.

Have a great Monday!

Yuccccccckkkkkkk.

Just went to my sisters, and they are not doing well as a family, money wise and otherwise. So, she served Spaghetti-Os for lunch...

My stomach is still grumbling. I just felt terrible saying no, since I know she can't afford a lot, but it was... GROSS. When I was in college, I used to eat a lot of this type of food - Chef Boyardee galore! So, I was almost intrigued to eat a bit - indulge myself in what I used to consider a comfort food....

However, as much as I am pleased that I no longer consider this on my list of foods I wish to indulge in, I am popping some serious TUMS right now haha So, a bittersweet success!

Sorry that your sister and her family are struggling. :worried: Also sorry about your upset tummy!

Have fun eating your chicken!!! How exciting!

Silly to be excited about CHICKEN! Last night's recipe was good, but not great. But to be honest it called for a 1/2 C white wine and all I had on hand was some rather flat leftover Christmas bubbly. I tasted it and it was good... so I used it. But it made the dish too sweet. I may try the recipe another time with that and some other modifications.

party:party:

CONGRATS TO OUR PRINCESS MARATHON WEEKEND FINISHERS!!

princess:princess:princess:princess:

Have we heard from them? I haven't seen a post or a PM or a text from Buffy or Lisa.

Hi everyone,
My name is Sara and I am new to these boards. I have been reading through the board and it sounds like you are all doing an amazing job!!! I hope I can join you all for next month. I need help getting on track and staying focused.

Good Luck to everyone durning your last week!

Welcome aboard! Feel free to jump in for these last few days of February or hold off until March.... your choice. Glad to have you with us!

Originally Posted by bigsis1970
I am doing fairly well I think.. I am keeping my points at around 26 (22-26) and my Carbs about 70 (60-75) for the most part.. I find that egs at breakfast and using the WW veggie soup is helping at lunchtime is helping quite a bit I do allow myself about 6 or 7 frozen (no sugar added) raspberries for my yogurt (activia light vanilla).. I've gotten a bag of baked lays for when I want the salty crunch of a chip and if I have 5 that is enough.. I do keep a stash of SF chocolate at my desk for my lunch dessert - just one piece a day.. and I chew lots of gum.. fruity ones in the am and mint ones in the afternoon..
Please give me your suggestions I would love to hear what you have found..

I wasn't aware that you could have that many carbs. I kind of figured you were trying to keep it under 30 or 40. I know that Atkins induction wants it under 20 (if I recall properly). Let me pull out my "list" and I'll send you some suggestions later.

Hi Just wanted to update on this : my week is Sat - Fri so this is what my journal totals looked like
Sat - 30 pts 94 Carbs
Sun - 30 pts 118 Carbs
Mon - 35 pts 84 Carbs
Tue - 30 pts 111 Carbs
Wed - 27 pts 89 Carbs
Thu - 26 pts 84 Carbs
Fri - 22 pts 61.7 Carbs

I earned 38 activity points which I used 18 duing the week .. weighed in on Sat am -2lbs for a grand total in 3 weeks of 7.1 lbs..

Congrats! That is terrific!!!

Regarding the drink to your health QOTD I admit to not being great this month (more diet cola than I care to admit) but generally I try to focus on drinking more water and non-caffeinated drinks (Starbucks iced passion tea unsweetened is a fave and 0 calories 0 caffeine). We also buy canned seltzer for the soda urges (0 calories 0 caffeine) as it has no artificial sweeteners either but I'm starting to wonder if that should also be cut back - I have about a can a day. Anecdotally is there anything about carbonation being an issue with weight loss or is it just the calories from soda/issues from artificial sweeteners?

I haven't heard anything about carbonation being an issue related to weight loss, but there is a lot of chatter about the artificial sweeteners. They are SO BAD for you, in many ways, not just related to weight loss. And there is a lot of other garbage in diet sodas as well. The only thing I've heard about carbonation is that your body is constantly fighting to get rid of the CO2. My chiropractor keeps tell me to give it up, but I'm not ready for that. I switched over to all seltzer when I gave up Diet Coke about 3-4 years ago and I'm not ready to give up the seltzer.

The weather here has been atrocious this month - cannot WAIT for March for more outdoor walks. My Fitbit is getting dusty ;)

Here too! Finall got outside for a walk yesterday for the first time in many months! The fresh air was nice, but my fingers and nose were freezing!

Good morning, everyone!

YUM, YUM, YUM!!

Okay... I like kale chips,but I'd be lying if I said I "preferred" them over real tortilla chips!

Monday, February 24th QOTD:What are your favorite NEW foods that substitute some of your old favorites?

BBL to chat

I thought I'd never be able to pass up potato chips.... but honestly they just don't call to me any more. I can skip them altogether or occasionally substitute a baked chip or a bean based chip. I also make my own with low carb tortillas and pitas.

Other subs I make..... tofu pasta and/or shredded veggies instead of regular pasta, mustard instead of mayo, 1% milk instead of cream/half&half/flavored creamer, low carb rolls/wraps/pitas instead of regular bread, pizza crusts, bagels, etc, light salad dressings mixed half with rice vinegar instead of "real" salad dressings, veggie burgers and meatballs instead of beef (not a big sacrifice to me), egg whites instead of whole eggs.

I know to some of you this might sound like a lot of changes, but don't forget I've been on this journey for many years now and these changes didn't all happen the first day, first month, or even first year!

Welcome!

Well, that d*** polar vortex is coming back.:sad1: It is sucking the life out of me. Even before it gets here we are over 20 degrees below normal. It warmed up one day last week and we had tornado warnings...ugh. I know, quit complaining about the weather!:goodvibes We have got to pull out of this at some point, right?

Like I mentioned above, made lentil carbonara yesterday, so feeling back on track. We leave to see DS on Wednesday, so I am going to try to come up with some easy stuff to take along cause I don't want to eat out for four days. We will have a mini fridge and a microwave. I might take along my mini george forman to make gf toast. I am thinking some hardboiled eggs, this really good salad that I made with beans and artichokes and some kind of pasta dish to heat up along with some peanut butter and jelly, carrots, nuts and fruit. My stomach is such a mess from all of my 'comfort eating' last week that I really just want some healthy food right now.

Have a great Monday!

Sounds like a good plan. Could you also bring along a small crockpot? Maybe have some food warming for the end of the day when you return to the room?
You have a great Monday as well!!

Morning all! Snow flurries a bit ago, but sunshine here now and in the 30's, which is higher than predicted!:thumbsup2

Heard from DS again last night just a bit.... he is having "tons of fun"!! Makes me so happy to hear that! And of course, he needs more money put into his account! :lmao: I'd love to know where all of the $$ is going. But of course, it is the end of the month, payday is tomorrow and the regular account is too low to do an online transfer, so I've gotta grab some of my secret cash stash and make a trip into town to deposit some money if I want it to go in today. But there is still $90 in the account for him, so I may just keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't need more than that in the next 24 hours. I hate to drive into town for just that one thing.

Not sure what today's exercise will be. Definitely not walking outside. Yesterday reminded me why I hate walking and/or running outside when it is chilly.... freezing ears and fingers, dripping nose, and burning hot chest and back. YUCK!

Off to finish my breakfast.... left part of it in the kitchen to force myself to eat it more slowly!

BTW, I will be posting the recipe I promised last week later today. I was doing it last night and DH accidentally pulled a cord on the computer and of COURSE, it went off and I lost what I was working on and never came back to it. I'll post a link here when I get it done......................P

Have we heard from them? I haven't seen a post or a PM or a text from Buffy or Lisa.

I am FB friends with Lisa so I have seen some pics..haven't heard myself from Buffy but I'm sure she rocked it too!!

DH is gone this week so I intend to eat light and make this last week count. I bought a new-to-me WATP DVD at walmart this weekend so I'm a little more jazzed up to do my home workouts. and then DD is ready to hit the gym after her surgery, so my gym membership renew went in this weekend as well. we are planning on yoga for sure

hope everyone had a great weekend! :thumbsup2

Good morning, everyone!

picvebdNa.jpg

BBL to chat

well lets see I really like cauliflower mashed up with some parm cheese and garlic salt.. I have been eating low carb wraps when I have sandwichs or homemade pizza.. I discovered I like veggie soup and find it very filling with my lunch time salad. I like Kale chips when someone cooks them HAAA

Thanks P, it's feeling a little easier 3 weeks in balancing the points to carb..

well back to work for me now.. see you all tomorow..

Sunday's QOTD: I add fruit to cereral, yogart, and over the weekend I tried a new receipe for mac and cheese and used califlower. No one could tell the difference and I snuck in a veggie. :goodvibes I also made buffalo chicken last night for dinner and used bib lettuce for myself instead of a bun. It tasted just as good. I am trying to find ways to make healthy meals for the whole family so I don't have to make multiple meals.

I wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement even though I gained this month and did not lose anything. I met with a personal trainer on Friday and had a good workout. I took a Zumba class on Saturday and Sunday for the first time. I was a little nervous but a friend from work joined me. I meet again with my trainer on tomorrow and have a workout plan for the week. So maybe I can lose those few extra pounds I gained this month and start March off right.

I love spicy black bean burgers instead of high fat burgers. I tried new receipe this weekend for mac and cheese that used califlower that was really good. I have a new one I am going to try this week making chicken enchilada in a zuccini "boat" instead of tortilla shells.

Eating is one of my biggest challenges so I am always on the look out for healthy substitues.

I am FB friends with Lisa so I have seen some pics..haven't heard myself from Buffy but I'm sure she rocked it too!!

Oh good! Thanks for the heads up....I'll text Buffy later if we don't hear back soon!

DH is gone this week so I intend to eat light and make this last week count. I bought a new-to-me WATP DVD at walmart this weekend so I'm a little more jazzed up to do my home workouts. and then DD is ready to hit the gym after her surgery, so my gym membership renew went in this weekend as well. we are planning on yoga for sure

hope everyone had a great weekend! :thumbsup2

Which WATP is it? I haven't pulled one of those out for a while, but as long as this weather is cold, I probably should dust one off! I'm pretty tired of the TM!

well lets see I really like cauliflower mashed up with some parm cheese and garlic salt.. I have been eating low carb wraps when I have sandwichs or homemade pizza.. I discovered I like veggie soup and find it very filling with my lunch time salad. I like Kale chips when someone cooks them HAAA

Thanks P, it's feeling a little easier 3 weeks in balancing the points to carb..

well back to work for me now.. see you all tomorow..

Sounds like you are getting it all right!!

Sunday's QOTD: I add fruit to cereral, yogart, and over the weekend I tried a new receipe for mac and cheese and used califlower. No one could tell the difference and I snuck in a veggie. :goodvibes I also made buffalo chicken last night for dinner and used bib lettuce for myself instead of a bun. It tasted just as good. I am trying to find ways to make healthy meals for the whole family so I don't have to make multiple meals.

Was the cauliflower in place of the pasta? Sounds interesting. I have a recipe over on the recipe thread that is an asian lettuce wrap, if you are interested.

I wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement even though I gained this month and did not lose anything. I met with a personal trainer on Friday and had a good workout. I took a Zumba class on Saturday and Sunday for the first time. I was a little nervous but a friend from work joined me. I meet again with my trainer on tomorrow and have a workout plan for the week. So maybe I can lose those few extra pounds I gained this month and start March off right.

Glad you've got a plan in place!

I love spicy black bean burgers instead of high fat burgers. I tried new receipe this weekend for mac and cheese that used califlower that was really good. I have a new one I am going to try this week making chicken enchilada in a zuccini "boat" instead of tortilla shells.
Eating is one of my biggest challenges so I am always on the look out for healthy substitues.

DO you make your own bean burgers? I've only attempted it a few times. They are a PITA (IMHO) so I stick with store bought.

Afternoon all! Lunch was delicious..... homemade chicken soup loaded with veggies, virtually fat-free, and extra protein and fiber from black beans.... plus low sodium, since it was all homemade including the stock. I had two big servings, as did DH..... just enough left for another meal.

Well..... I took just a BABY STEP toward something I"ve been wanting to do for a while. I"ve been wanting to start my own BLOG for a while now, but I never did anything but THINK about it. Today I sat down and wrote TWO blog posts. Haven't officially gotten a blog yet, but I want to have a few posts ready to go when I do. I've got ideas brewing for a few more as well. It may never happen, but at least I am acting on the thought!

Off to the scrapbook table, now that lunch and laundry are done!.........P

not a personal update, but I logged into MFP today and Buffy recorded her half-marathon!! It said via Runkeeper at 207 mins which was 12 min/mile! :woohoo:

the WATP that I bought is the "Just Walk" Ultimate 5 day walk plan. it says copyright 2012 but I can't imagine it's a new one. it screams late 90's to me with some kickboxing and it's a little more aerobicy. but I will say it's intense for me! it's 5 different miles you mix and match along with 5 different add-on brief strength training. but the warm up and cool down are separate from the miles, so a 2 mile workout is warm-cool, one mile, one mile, cool down. so it's longer than the other WATP that are 2 mile segment, 3 mile segment, etc

well I'm checking in as it's nearly bedtime and I'm hungry! I keep telling myself that changes come from stepping out of the comfort zone...if it was comfortable it wouldn't be so hard!!

Quick post. I'm home. I will weigh in tomorrow to see how bad it is. I feel sure I am up do to water and powerade intake and Disney food intake, LOL.

Will post more later but I am exhausted.

Hi all we are updated! Congrats to everyone on your hard work, especially our own biggest losers who have already met goal! For the rest of us, let's keep going strong through the end of the month!

Ok, I know some of you wanted some pics, so here is what I have so far :)

This is our ceremony location, park overlooking the Pacific in La Jolla....

We are also going to have a bagpiper playing as our wedding day is on 3/17 (St. Patrick's Day) and because DF has Scottish heritage

And our "reception" is going to be a private dinner cruise around the bay at sunset on this yacht

Here is our cake (so looking forward to this... white velvet cake with cream cheese and raspberry filling :cloud9:). I asked them to put some Hidden Mickeys in the scroll work!

Our card box I finished last weekend

Our placecards (using river rock) I am currently working on

Our centerpieces, we will have several of these on each table, with rose petals scattered around them

Our Guest Book which we will hang up at home later

Also, as a surprise for the guests, we will have a caricature artist on board the yacht to have some entertainment, as well as be their favor!

And here is the back of my dress (sorry about the quality of the pic)

And my jewlery, LOVE this! I had seen a pic online but couldn't find this set anywhere, then my MOH found it and got it for me!

Ok, that is all I've got :) Thanks for indulging me!

Beautiful pictures Amanda! I am so very excited for you!

You are making some great steps forward!
FWIW, I have been doing this since 2010 and I still get a little nervous before a new exercise class. :goodvibes

DO you make your own bean burgers? I've only attempted it a few times. They are a PITA (IMHO) so I stick with store bought.
Have you tried putting the mix in the fridge or freezer before forming the burgers? Also I have found baking on parchment paper rather than cooking in a pan works better. You can then freeze the baked burgers and reheat on the george forman or heat in a pan.

As of this month I am down 4/10 for this month and I am considering that a victory.:goodvibes My last weigh in for the month will be tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a super Tuesday!

Good morning, everyone!

Today is National Chocolate Covered Peanut Day!

94aea5dbb5f4326d.jpg

Sometimes we need a little something sweet just to get us through the day. Nothing crazy, but just something a LITTLE sweet.

Tuesday, February 25th QOTD: How do you add some sweetness to your day? Do you sprinkle chocolate on popcorn, put honey in yogurt? Or do you just spend a little time with your sweetie, or hug your kids a little tighter?

BBL to chat

not a personal update, but I logged into MFP today and Buffy recorded her half-marathon!! It said via Runkeeper at 207 mins which was 12 min/mile! :woohoo:

Oh my GOSH! That is amazing! She ROCKED it!! Can't wait to hear details from her!

the WATP that I bought is the "Just Walk" Ultimate 5 day walk plan. it says copyright 2012 but I can't imagine it's a new one. it screams late 90's to me with some kickboxing and it's a little more aerobicy. but I will say it's intense for me! it's 5 different miles you mix and match along with 5 different add-on brief strength training. but the warm up and cool down are separate from the miles, so a 2 mile workout is warm-cool, one mile, one mile, cool down. so it's longer than the other WATP that are 2 mile segment, 3 mile segment, etc

Sounds good. I have one that has kickboxing segments and I actually really enjoy it! Hope you like it.

well I'm checking in as it's nearly bedtime and I'm hungry! I keep telling myself that changes come from stepping out of the comfort zone...if it was comfortable it wouldn't be so hard!!

Going to bed REALLY HUNGRY is tough and probably means that you didn't eat enough today.... or at least, maybe you didn't eat the right mix of stuff. But it won't kill you, right?? And you can dream about breakfast!:rotfl:

Quick post. I'm home. I will weigh in tomorrow to see how bad it is. I feel sure I am up do to water and powerade intake and Disney food intake, LOL.

Will post more later but I am exhausted.

So happy to hear from you! I was going to text you yesterday, but I realized that your number never transferred from my old phone at Christmas time. I need to power up the phone and get that on my new phone!

Do NOT worry about the scale at all!!!! Your body is recovering from that crazy wonderful weekend!

Hi all we are updated! Congrats to everyone on your hard work, especially our own biggest losers who have already met goal! For the rest of us, let's keep going strong through the end of the month!

Thanks for taking care of us, even when you are so busy with your wedding plans!

Ok, I know some of you wanted some pics, so here is what I have so far :)

This is our ceremony location, park overlooking the Pacific in La Jolla....

We are also going to have a bagpiper playing as our wedding day is on 3/17 (St. Patrick's Day) and because DF has Scottish heritage

And our "reception" is going to be a private dinner cruise around the bay at sunset on this yacht

Here is our cake (so looking forward to this... white velvet cake with cream cheese and raspberry filling :cloud9:). I asked them to put some Hidden Mickeys in the scroll work!

Our card box I finished last weekend

Our placecards (using river rock) I am currently working on

Our centerpieces, we will have several of these on each table, with rose petals scattered around them

Our Guest Book which we will hang up at home later

Also, as a surprise for the guests, we will have a caricature artist on board the yacht to have some entertainment, as well as be their favor!

And here is the back of my dress (sorry about the quality of the pic)

And my jewlery, LOVE this! I had seen a pic online but couldn't find this set anywhere, then my MOH found it and got it for me!

Ok, that is all I've got :) Thanks for indulging me!

SERIOUSLY??? That is just gorgeous! The location is spectacular!! I love bagpipes.... so stirring and solemn. EVERYTHING is just absolutely beautiful. I adore that jewelry you are wearing. SO nice of MOH to find it for you! Counting down the days now!!

Have you tried putting the mix in the fridge or freezer before forming the burgers? Also I have found baking on parchment paper rather than cooking in a pan works better. You can then freeze the baked burgers and reheat on the george forman or heat in a pan.

No, I just make the mix and then try to form them and bake them. I should try it again, as the store-bought ones are expensive and beans are actually pretty cheap. I'll remember that tip next time.

As of this month I am down 4/10 for this month and I am considering that a victory.:goodvibes My last weigh in for the month will be tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a super Tuesday!

That is a victory!! I'm just PRAYING that I end the month down just a bit! So I am envious of your 4 lbs!

Good morning, everyone!

I'd rather have chocolate covered raisins..... is that day coming?

Sometimes we need a little something sweet just to get us through the day. Nothing crazy, but just something a LITTLE sweet.

Tuesday, February 25th QOTD: How do you add some sweetness to your day? Do you sprinkle chocolate on popcorn, put honey in yogurt? Or do you just spend a little time with your sweetie, or hug your kids a little tighter?

BBL to chat

Well... I use a bit of stevia in my yogurt along with the unsweetened berries, I use a bit of sweetness in my tea (although I have reduced it by half over the past year), and I usually indulge in a small sweetness in the evening.... lately a square or two of the low carb chocolate bars I've found at Trader Joe's (expensive though!). Also hug my children whenever I get the chance!

Morning all! Had a nice "family chat" on FB last night with both of the kiddos! DS is doing well, having the time of his life, so that is all I can ask for!

DD is REALLY ready for a break from school.... so spring break cannot come soon enough. She is such an INTENSE student... praying that her professors don't overload her with projects and studying during the break.

I have my WW meeting tonight, so I will spend a few hours prepping for that this morning. I was afraid we were getting snow again today, but it looks like it will be holding off until tomorrow.

Yesterday's workout was LAME.... I did a bit of hand weights and then called it a day.... but better than nothing. I just cannot seem to get any motivation lately. Maybe it is just winter apathy??

Off to get ready for tonight.... prepping for the topic, loading up my car with the products I need to refill, picking out my outfit, making sure my "bank" is ready, etc etc..... so much more than I ever anticipated before I took the job!

TTYL........................P

WOW Amanda! Everything looks and sounds so perfect!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Good morning, everyone!

94aea5dbb5f4326d.jpg

BBL to chat

I have a piece of Whitman's SF Dark chocolate (or a SF Special bar) after lunch.. that is when I am craving my treats.. I also have a few packs of Atkins M&M both the plain and the peanut - they taste just like the real deal!

Hi everyone!

I am home too, got in very late last night. It was a whirlwind of a Princess weekend. That was a hot and humid race. I was 20 minutes slower than Tinker Bell just 5 weeks ago, but I wasn't pushing myself at all. I was so happy to finally earn a coast to coast medal. That baby represents so much hard work and I am very proud of it. It was fun to see some old friends and make some new ones and I especially enjoyed scream teaming the 10K with Lisa. I'm sure I lost this weekend though, lots of calories burned and there wasn't as much indulgence (just a little). I am just going to let my body get back to normal and jump in on the March challenge. It was a long haul from Dumbo to Tinker Bell to Princess and I am happy to take a break from training and just do whatever exercise I feel like doing without a training plan. Those of you who are FB friends with Lisa will see me in a few of those pictures too. :) Thanks for all the love and support everyone!

And LisaH is travelling today and I'm sure she will check in as soon as she can.

Another quick post, gotta get the kids.

5K time 46 minutes
10K time 1 hour 30 minutes - exactly on target
1/2 time 3 hours 26 minutes.

Had a blast and DH and I are planning the tower of terror 10 miler.

Gonna run but will post more later.

My weight is up but not by much.

Hi everyone!

I am home too, got in very late last night. It was a whirlwind of a Princess weekend. That was a hot and humid race. I was 20 minutes slower than Tinker Bell just 5 weeks ago, but I wasn't pushing myself at all. I was so happy to finally earn a coast to coast medal. That baby represents so much hard work and I am very proud of it. It was fun to see some old friends and make some new ones and I especially enjoyed scream teaming the 10K with Lisa. I'm sure I lost this weekend though, lots of calories burned and there wasn't as much indulgence (just a little). I am just going to let my body get back to normal and jump in on the March challenge. It was a long haul from Dumbo to Tinker Bell to Princess and I am happy to take a break from training and just do whatever exercise I feel like doing without a training plan. Those of you who are FB friends with Lisa will see me in a few of those pictures too. :) Thanks for all the love and support everyone!

And LisaH is travelling today and I'm sure she will check in as soon as she can.

First of all.... HUGE congratulations on your coast to coast medals!! :banana: That is super impressive. Quite a thing to check off your bucket list!

Next up, thanks for the info about how everything went this weekend. We were all thinking of you all!

Another quick post, gotta get the kids.

5K time 46 minutes
10K time 1 hour 30 minutes - exactly on target
1/2 time 3 hours 26 minutes.

Had a blast and DH and I are planning the tower of terror 10 miler.

Gonna run but will post more later.

My weight is up but not by much.

:cool1: I am SO PROUD of you my friend! YOU DID IT!! Take a moment to savor that accomplishment!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Afternoon all! Meeting prep took a long time this morning because we are doing an activity and I had to gather a bunch of supplies. Plus I need to submit a time sheet but I don't know when I last did that, so I had to go back through some records (I've been keeping really lousy records for myself lately). Then lunch, shower, dressed, go through inventory.... and of course, now I have a screaming headache. I miss my chiropractor!

Anyhow, enough whining! I just need to finish up my make-up and I'll be ready to head out and lead the battle against obesity!! :thumbsup2

I may or may not find time to pop on when I get home tonight.... it will probably depend on the headache situation by then.................P

Hey. Sorry, haven't been on a few days. Was roughly discouraged Friday at weigh in and have been struggling the last 3 days to just not throw in the towel. It'll be good for me to coach the next few days.
It's warmed up quite a bit here and there's actually some sunshine right now and I feel pretty guilty about not taking advantage of it but I'm having a very lazy start to a day. Husband wants me to wait until later to work out so he can sleep when he gets home but I'd rather go now. I don't care if he wants to sleep later, I have a lot of walking dead comic to read...the sun is too compelling.
Catch ya later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter