Winter Olympics

The closing ceremonies are OK so far. I always feel a little sad when they're over though.

By the way, why is "it's all Greek to me" rude? I always thought it meant that it was difficult to understand like an unknown language but maybe I've had the wrong idea.

I am watching the closing ceremony and paying minimal attention so I might have missed an explanation. How are they displaying the flags on the seating if there are people sitting in them? It looks like the whole lower part of the stadium is made up of led screens lit up to look like flags. It seems like people in the seats would not allow uniform images.

I am watching the closing ceremony and paying minimal attention so I might have missed an explanation. How are they displaying the flags on the seating if there are people sitting in them? It looks like the whole lower part of the stadium is made up of led screens lit up to look like flags. It seems like people in the seats would not allow uniform images.

During the Opening Ceremonies you could see that attached to each seat there was a LED panel on a pole above the people's heads. I assume that's what they are doing.

We got early this morning to watch the Closing Ceremonies live (but we missed the first half hour). I was right with my prediction earlier, NBC cut the awarding of the cross country medals. And they cut the announcement of the 2 new athletes elected to the athlete commission. One was Kikkan Randall, half of the gold medal winning sprint team.

During the Opening Ceremonies you could see that attached to each seat there was a LED panel on a pole above the people's heads. I assume that's what they are doing.

We got early this morning to watch the Closing Ceremonies live (but we missed the first half hour). I was right with my prediction earlier, NBC cut the awarding of the cross country medals. And they cut the announcement of the 2 new athletes elected to the athlete commission. One was Kikkan Randall, half of the gold medal winning sprint team.
Thanks

Now what am I going to watch?!? No more celebrity big brother or Olympics... Lmao

FYI, for those that enjoyed watching the shirtless Tongan... after the China presentation, and before Thomas Bach declared these games closed, they had 8 athletes come on stage. One was Lindsey Vonn, and one was Pita Taufatofua in his native garb, and oiled up. They must have asked him to do that, because earlier they showed him carrying the flag and he had on a jacket and black pants. So if you want to watch that you'll have to pull up the stream when it goes up tomorrow. They also cut the speech by the head of the Pyeongchang organizing committee. On the stream it was in Korean, so I was hoping tonight they would tell us what he said...but nope...cutting room floor.

Sorry I’m late to talking about Men’s curling but Matt Hamilton is a hometown boy from a suburb of Madison. :).

I am really disappointed in NBC's coverage this year. Last night i watched the skating gala and I realized they cut a ton of skaters so I went and watched it on the app. I can't believe they cut Javi's performance!!! It reminded me of Scott Hamilton's exhibition skates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter