Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Ugh, the Figment theme is going to make the two-course challenge impossible to get into. I love the theme but was hoping for something that wouldn't cause people to mob on registration day.
My feelings exactly - I was thinking this would be a relatively stress free registration process. Now not so sure.

This is a bit of a pickle: NOT a fan of the 10K theme and I rarely care much about medals at all, but yeah - I want that Figment one, so I guess I’ll have to suck it up and “endure” the 10K theme. :rotfl: I do, however, very much love the 5K theme, and was not planning to run that one… GAH! That’s a mighty big chunk of cheddar for 3 races.

Yes, yes it is. I mean, technically, it‘s the enchanted dining characters as the theme, not Belle, but still… a gazillion movies out there and they opt to use the same one they just used?
I really wish that the 5K and the 10K themes were reversed.

Uuuugh was not planning on spending $$ to come down but Figment?! And I have cRD so I feel like I should use it??

Irony is, I have a planned HHN trip that has me leaving on October 31st. I'm thinking of just extending and working from the hotel?

I was already anticipating registration to be a **** show with Encanto but adding Figment to the mix … ruh roe…

IF I wasn’t already on the mental struggle bus about actually completing the 10 miler in April without being swept a tiny part of me might of considered the challenge….

That said maybe with the challenge popularity and the 10k being the same IP as Princess it will be easier to sign in for JUST that distance (and if the 5K isn’t sold out once I am done getting to wear my Queen of Hearts costume at an in person event will be an added bonus!)

I had no plans of doing the half especially after the announcement of Encanto as the theme. Just doesn’t do it for me and better for keeping up with training for Goofy in January. 🤞 I was just going to go for the 5K and the 10K. But darn, Figment! How do I pass that up? And Alice in Wonderland for the 5K? Pretty awesome.

Very curious to see how registration goes for this. My hunch is that the post-covid travel flood for these races is waning, AND we have DL coming up, along with MW for MW 2024 for C2C. Who knows how many people will sign up with the intention to claim that challenge, but a lot of things happening.

I’m not doing this one! I hope that helps.

Very curious to see how registration goes for this. My hunch is that the post-covid travel flood for these races is waning, AND we have DL coming up, along with MW for MW 2024 for C2C. Who knows how many people will sign up with the intention to claim that challenge, but a lot of things happening.

I’m not doing this one! I hope that helps.
Especially since this is the one weekend of the next WDW season that DOESN’T count for C2C, people might prioritize the other weekends if they’re doing DL

I'm a fan of the themes, but I can't do that weekend (partly because I'm running MCM the weekend before), and the idea of paying $270 for the virtual challenge, i.e. to do a couple of training runs, sounds like a joke. Le sigh...

I love Alice in Wonderland!! But I can't go to this weekend, I do look forward to seeing all the costumes on this theme. I hope everyone who wants to gets in.

I would love to do that Alice in Wonderland one! But I'm already committed to DL and (hopefully) MW so it probably won't work. Unless I can convince DH that we want to do it as a family.....

I mean... do I look like a woman who's not serious about her lifelong Figment obsession? Plus I can "save" money by reusing this year's marathon costume....

profile.jpg

(Truthfully, I was on the fence on whether to defer Berlin or Chicago since I would only do one this fall. The Figment theme for WIne and Dine may have tipped that decision over the edge...)

Yey for themes being revealed! I like these a lot better than last year. Not sure if we'll do the weekend or not. I kind of promised our kids that we wouldn't leave them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter