Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

If Encanto is your reason for going, you’ll have to do the Half, because it’s only the theme for the Half—we don’t know the overall theme for the weekend yet.
So.. how do they differentiate the theme of only one race within the weekend event theme?
Sorry for basic question, this is the first year I am tracking RunDisney news and events and will go to the Princess weekend for the first time

So.. how do they differentiate the theme of only one race within the weekend event theme?
Sorry for basic question, this is the first year I am tracking RunDisney news and events and will go to the Princess weekend for the first time
So, each race in a weekend has a theme—like for Princess 2023, the 5K is Jasmine, the 10K is Belle, etc. but the overall theme of the weekend is Princess. For Wine & Dine, the overall theme has been changing weekend to weekend lately (even though it‘s still called Wine & Dine) so we don’t know what the themes for the 5K, 10K, or challenge will be, or how they will all connect with Encanto for an overall theme.

They only just announced the Half theme the other distance themes and how they cohesively gel (and work with the wine & dine branding) will be announced later

This past year for example was “a celebration of music & culture around the world”
With coco 5K , raya 10k, soul half & genie 10/half challenge

It is looking like we are going for a “world showcase” spin again vs food & wine

When does registration usually open? It's been a few years since I've done a race and I didn't find the info in the pinned post.

Well I’m out. I was thinking about skipping W&D this year to focus on Goofy in January anyway . The Encanto theming just made it that much easier to not sign up. Of course if they put Stitch out there for the 5 or 10K I may have to make an exception. 😛

I need a Winnie the Pooh W&D themed weekend and I need it now!!!

Pooh is like the ultimate Disney diner, anyway lol.
I keep thinking of Encanto for the half and what a cohesive theme could be for the weekend and I mentally keep going back to the Butterfly Motif throughout Wondrous Journeys in Disneyland

Bambi or Pooh 5K
Spring Sprite Fantasia 2000 10k
Encanto Half
Alice in Wonderland challenge (spinner with bread and butterflies & caterpillar as a butterfly)
Kids race pooh or Bambi whatever isn’t the 5k

Additional pitch if we want to do food
5K Zootopia (Paw-cycle)
10k Luca (pasta)
Half Encanto (Arepas)
Challenge Ratatouille (Ratatouille)
Kids race Wreck It Ralph (Sugar Rush)

Pooh or that “other Disney bear that’s big in Asia” and their gang would be amazing springtime surprise themes

I think Disney has finally stopped trying to make Duffy happen in the US. LOL

Looks like wife and I are going to try to run W&D weekend. We passed up on the DL Half and figured since we did that, let's try W&D for the first time. We will be empty nesters by then, so this is going to be a first trip in a while to WDW without the kiddos.

Looks like wife and I are going to try to run W&D weekend. We passed up on the DL Half and figured since we did that, let's try W&D for the first time. We will be empty nesters by then, so this is going to be a first trip in a while to WDW without the kiddos.
I wasn’t able to get the DL half so we’ve also decided we are doing W&D this year. Aiming for the 10k/Half. Getting excited now that we I’ve made up my mind!

I have a feeling the half/challenge will go super fast because people will be wanting to run it just cause Encanto…

I need a Winnie the Pooh W&D themed weekend and I need it now!!!

Pooh is like the ultimate Disney diner, anyway lol.
The challenge could be the Honey Pot Challenge with a honey pot medal. Tigger 5K, Eeyore 10K, and Pooh half. The kids races could be Piglet-themed. I can only dream!

I literally just watched both full-length animated Winnie the Pooh movies yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter