Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has been 8 years or so since I booked at Windsor Hills. Can you refresh me on how to verify a legitimate listing that is not for sale and the best place to rent through. And any other pitfalls I should be aware of? I have looked at a home listed on windsorhillsprivate rentals.com and the owner listed does not match the property records. It shows a sale may 2021, but the old owner is still listed there.

thanks for any help!

It has been 8 years or so since I booked at Windsor Hills. Can you refresh me on how to verify a legitimate listing that is not for sale and the best place to rent through. And any other pitfalls I should be aware of? I have looked at a home listed on windsorhillsprivate rentals.com and the owner listed does not match the property records. It shows a sale may 2021, but the old owner is still listed there.

thanks for any help!
I bought in nearby resort called Regal Palms on April 26th and our new deed was not updated on county site until about 2 weeks ago. So they should be doing mid May deeds now. It takes a while to list new deed.

thanks for any help!

in order to be listed on WHPR you have to be the owner and in good standing with your HOA dues. But, that said, I do not know if there is a mechanism to remove listings if the new owner does not join that site.

You could send an inquiry through the site and ask whomever responds to show proof of ownership. I would not be offended if you asked me.

Also, there is a new FB page Windsor Hills Book Direct that is filled with engaged owners https://www.facebook.com/groups/176631400561328

edited to add that they will have a current rental license if they are still the owner

in order to be listed on WHPR you have to be the owner and in good standing with your HOA dues. But, that said, I do not know if there is a mechanism to remove listings if the new owner does not join that site.

You could send an inquiry through the site and ask whomever responds to show proof of ownership. I would not be offended if you asked me.

Also, there is a new FB page Windsor Hills Book Direct that is filled with engaged owners https://www.facebook.com/groups/176631400561328

edited to add that they will have a current rental license if they are still the owner

I have heard that they are allowing the management company of the properties list on the site as well. They still have to be verified, but management companies handle the listing.

Also, I have had several owners over the last year "red flag" me because I asked who their management company was. Apparently they thought that if I asked that, I must be a terrible guest trying to avoid certain management companies because I caused issues. Actually, I have had horrible experiences with certain management companies and I would never book a house that was managed by them. When I explained that, several owners said they would never give a guest that information. I politely said that likewise, I would never rent a home from an owner who refused that information.

Why an owner would be offended that a potential guests asked that information is beyond me.

I have heard that they are allowing the management company of the properties list on the site as well. They still have to be verified, but management companies handle the listing.

Also, I have had several owners over the last year "red flag" me because I asked who their management company was. Apparently they thought that if I asked that, I must be a terrible guest trying to avoid certain management companies because I caused issues. Actually, I have had horrible experiences with certain management companies and I would never book a house that was managed by them. When I explained that, several owners said they would never give a guest that information. I politely said that likewise, I would never rent a home from an owner who refused that information.

Why an owner would be offended that a potential guests asked that information is beyond me.

That's just crazy. I am a relatively new owner (Feb) and not only would I not be offended if you asked me who my management company is, I actually refer you to them to book. I am not set up to vette guests and handle payments so I let the management company do it.

I am so sorry you have had that experience.

That's just crazy. I am a relatively new owner (Feb) and not only would I not be offended if you asked me who my management company is, I actually refer you to them to book. I am not set up to vette guests and handle payments so I let the management company do it.

Thanks - I have been renting in WH for years, but we move from different size homes depending on what we need for that trip. For our trip last year I had no less than 4 owners refuse to give me their management company name and all of them also asked why I wanted to know and told me it raised red flags to them that I would ask.

I was chatting with an owner recently. He said that many management companies don't really care since the owners aren't in the country, and many never even visit. They don't even mind bad tenants that tear up the house because then they are paid extra to fix it. The house gets bad reviews because of general neglect - management company is paid the same.

BTW, the reason we were chatting was that VRBO had a bug that disappeared a ton of reservations. Side effect of the bug was that sellers and renters couldn't contact each other.

I was chatting with an owner recently. He said that many management companies don't really care since the owners aren't in the country, and many never even visit. They don't even mind bad tenants that tear up the house because then they are paid extra to fix it. The house gets bad reviews because of general neglect - management company is paid the same.

BTW, the reason we were chatting was that VRBO had a bug that disappeared a ton of reservations. Side effect of the bug was that sellers and renters couldn't contact each other.

Yes, I was under contract to buy one of "those" houses. Thankfully, the contract fell through and I ended up with a wonderful house and a great management company. The other company didn't care who they rented to and rented for rock bottom dollar and the condition of the house reflected that. There are so many wonderful and engaged owners in Windsor Hills and even our overseas owners are chomping at the bit to get back over here and find out what is going on with their houses - and make things better.

We recently rented for 2 weeks and the house we had was definitely in bad shape. The pictures were old because the furniture was super worn. There were dresser drawers that just fell out and were not on tracks and the leather couches were so worn where peoples heads went that you could see through. My mom couldn't even sleep in her bed it was so bad; had a very large "hole" in the center that she would roll into and with her arthritis could not really pull her self out of. She slept on the couch. The tv's didn't work, ice maker was broken, ceiling fan in 1 bedroom didn't work. The flooring in the living room wasn't notched together so a couple of the wood pieces would slide back and forth and you would slip if you weren't watching where you walked. We called the management company a few times and after 10 days they finally sent someone but they only got 1 tv to work. No offer to fix anything and no offer of compensation. I though for sure we would get a survey when we got home about our experience but nothing. Guess they don't care because the money is rolling in. Will never use that company again.

Also had 2 nights with lots of noise from nearby homes. Nobody slept those nights.

Not sure if I would rent offsite again. Money saving was nice but the accommodations and atmosphere were a bit much. Also, that Walmart was the scariest place I have ever been.

I think it is important to only rent from places with many reviews that average > 4 * and a premier host. You pay a little more, so it is tempting to consider the others, particularly the ones newly listed. Especially since they often have such pretty pictures. But, it isn't worth it. Small things can make a huge difference in your vacation happiness.

I think there a couple of key things to consider. One is price. While it is tempting to save money by going for the lowest priced home, consider why it might be priced so low.

Another thing is communication. Engaged owners and management companies are more likely to view this as a hospitality business and not a cash machine.

Lastly, it breaks my heart to read reviews like above but WH just experienced a huge buying/selling frenzy and I know that many, many of the new owners have been rehabbing their new homes. I think you will find a lot if upgraded, fresh vacation homes in WH now.

Last edited:
Lastly, it breaks my heart to read reviews like above but WH just experienced a huge buying/selling frenzy and I know that many, many of the new owners have been rehabbing their new homes. I think you will find a lot if upgraded, fresh vacation homes in WH now.

I think if I saw one that explicitly said that they'd just bought the house and that they'd replaced/bought this list of things, and the list included new beds, and they posted photos with date stamps on them, I'd make an exception. Particularly if it was a bargain.

Same for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter