Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you show your reservation confirmation or something in order to get the wrist bands?
You pick up your wristbands at the clubhouse. Just one person needs to go into the office and let them know the address of the home you are staying in and how many guests need a wristband. They double check that you are registered in the system but in order to get through the front gate security, you have to be registered so it should all be smooth sailing to get your wristbands!

We just rented at WH for the first time. We are going in June and are excited. After reading this thread I'm reassured that off-site is best for us. Going to Disney and Seaworld with our toddlers.

We did have some trouble booking through AirBnB. We wanted the 3 BR Townhouse with a pool and found some options we liked. The first one, the host didn't respond within the first 24 hours. The second cancelled on us because they are selling their unit. The 3rd time I tried booking and decided to cancel after seeing that the specific unit had no reviews and the management company got many negative reviews.

Finally! We found a price and option we liked. It had plenty of reviews and is hosted by a Superhost. I think we found the best place after all that mess.

We just rented at WH for the first time. We are going in June and are excited. After reading this thread I'm reassured that off-site is best for us. Going to Disney and Seaworld with our toddlers.

We did have some trouble booking through AirBnB. We wanted the 3 BR Townhouse with a pool and found some options we liked. The first one, the host didn't respond within the first 24 hours. The second cancelled on us because they are selling their unit. The 3rd time I tried booking and decided to cancel after seeing that the specific unit had no reviews and the management company got many negative reviews.

Finally! We found a price and option we liked. It had plenty of reviews and is hosted by a Superhost. I think we found the best place after all that mess.

I’m sorry to hear of your troubles booking but I think you are right and it was meant to be. There are so many unique townhomes. It will be great to have the extra space to let the toddlers nap!

How is the waterpark refurb going? There was supposed to be a short one that ended this week.

The waterpark refurb is going well and on target. Only the slides are closed, the pool & spa are still open. The slides are expected to be open again on Saturday January 29th.

The waterpark refurb is going well and on target. Only the slides are closed, the pool & spa are still open. The slides are expected to be open again on Saturday January 29th.

Awesome! That is when we arrive. I'd postponed the trip by a week to avoid the refurb.

If possible I would try to go through https://www.windsorhillsprivaterentals.com/ next time. All the properties have been vetted by Windsor Hills Resort Management. We had 2 not so great experiences via Airbnb so for that reason we stay away from them. This last time I was unable to get a rental through the private rentals site and I went with Vacation Central Florida, which we've used a few times now. No issues with them.

Best pizza delivery near Windsor Hills? And will they deliver right to your villa, or do you have to go to the front gate to accept it?

Best pizza delivery near Windsor Hills? And will they deliver right to your villa, or do you have to go to the front gate to accept it?
Here's the list that was given to us at the gate during check in last year that provided a list of places that deliver. Delivery is to your villa. Others may be more qualified to answer who has the best pizza as we haven't tried them all.IMG_0136.jpg

One bit of information that I think should be added. (Maybe it has been since I looked a long ago)

There is a nice shower in the bathrooms near the fitness room. It made our departure day very nice. We spent the early morning packing up our stuff so that we could out by 10 am. Our stuff had expanded to fill every nook and cranny, so that was a struggle. Then we went to the pool and enjoyed that until we felt like driving home and we showered and left. On check-in when I was exploring I'd noticed the shower. So, we went to Walmart and bought some cheap towels since we hadn't brought any. In that bathroom I also saw a wheelchair accessible stall with a sink inside the stall. I was impressed.

General opinion on our stay.
It was amazing! I truly felt sorry for the poor suckers staying in a hotel room. I don't know if this is true, but it felt like we spent more time driving within Disney World, then to Disney World. Just having a full kitchen was amazing. Sometimes on vacation when you eat out, it is an Activity and sometimes it is just because you are hungry. We did both rope drop and park close at Disney with midday break of 2-3 hours. We often decided it was more relaxing to eat at the condo than a restaurant. We easily paid for the condo with savings on the food budget. We did eat out, and some very nice meals too. But it was always an activity.

We stayed in Jedi Retreat and it was nicely decorated in Star Wars and clean and nice.

A surprise hit of the trip was Racetrac pizza. You can get a large pizza for $8 and they can either make you one or you piece one together from the slices that are out. The one that they made us was loaded with meat, the one we pieced together was nice too because we all got our favorites.

It was amazing! I truly felt sorry for the poor suckers staying in a hotel room. I don't know if this is true, but it felt like we spent more time driving within Disney World, then to Disney World. Just having a full kitchen was amazing. Sometimes on vacation when you eat out, it is an Activity and sometimes it is just because you are hungry. We did both rope drop and park close at Disney with midday break of 2-3 hours. We often decided it was more relaxing to eat at the condo than a restaurant. We easily paid for the condo with savings on the food budget. We did eat out, and some very nice meals too. But it was always an activity.

We stayed in Jedi Retreat and it was nicely decorated in Star Wars and clean and nice.

A surprise hit of the trip was Racetrac pizza. You can get a large pizza for $8 and they can either make you one or you piece one together from the slices that are out. The one that they made us was loaded with meat, the one we pieced together was nice too because we all got our favorites.

I was able to see Jedi Retreat between guests last week - it is AMAZING! I love all the different types of theming and that no two condos/townhomes/homes are alike. And there is something for everyone.

How was it leaving in the middle of the day and then going back as far as parking at the Parks

It was amazing! I truly felt sorry for the poor suckers staying in a hotel room.

That opening statement says it all.
After staying in any type of quality residential vacation complex in Central Florida, most people realize that hotel stays just aren’t all that great. Most stays in CF generally are for a week or longer and staying in a “home like” environment is like WOW!

Windsor Hills is not the newest residential vacation complex in the area, but it’s one of the best; I my opinion. Windsor Hills takes the Secure Gated Community concept to heart, with closed gates and 24 hour guards. Some sites give lip service about gates; they just don’t close them.

Of course I’m glad you picked Windsor Hills (I’m biased).
G’day
Pulsar

We are headed to Disney in May and are a party of 9 so we have been looking for a rental. We want to spread out and have space. I have read through all of these posts and saw no mention. One thing I have noticed is some VRBO and Airbnb listings mention A/C cannot go lower then 72 (some even say 75). This seems crazy and just a money saving tactic however they say it's so the unit doesn't freeze up. This would be uncomfortable for us. We used to live in MS and know the heat and our unit never had a problem if we wanted/needed it below 70. Does WH restrict AC temp? I've read reviews of other places that say the thermostat is locked and can't be changed.

Last edited:
We are headed to Disney in May and are a party of 9 so we have been looking for a rental. We want to spread out and everyone have a bed/room. I have read through all of these posts and saw no mention. One thing I have noticed is some VRBO and Airbnb listings mention A/C cannot go lower then 72 (some even say 75). This seems crazy and just a money saving tactic however they say it's so the unit doesn't freeze up. This would be uncomfortable for us. We used to live in MS and know the heat and our unit never had a problem if we wanted/needed it below 70. Does WH restrict AC temp? I've read reviews of other places that say the thermostat is locked and can't be changed.

The largest homes and Windsor Hills are six bedrooms although some have converted to a seven bedroom. There are no nine bedrooms.

Each home is individually owned so you have to check with the owner regarding there HVAC rules.

The units will freeze up if they are set at too low of a temperature and many owners have had an emergency replacement due to this issue. I am an owner and I like a cool home and have found that even when I am working up a sweat deep cleaning or renovating, I have never needed it below 72°. Even in July and August, I do not need to set the temp below 73. But keep in mind each unit will behave differently and all sorts of factors play into it, just like at your own home.

When we travel to Costa Rica, they alot a certain amount of energy included in the price and charge above that. I suspect as we see energy bills go higher, this could be a thing in the states too. Duke energy did raise rates considerably this past year so owners also take that into account.

I recommend keeping all the fans on and the blinds closed. It is Florida and that sunshine and humidity will heat up the house quickly in the summer! Like Walt Disney World hotels, many owners are also implementing smart systems which will turn off if doors and windows are opened. Again, it all depends on the individual unit. To be honest, the thought of not being able to put the AC below 72 causes a lot of undue anxiety. It really is not bad. I am from Colorado and the temperature here is much different for our AC and it seems like 72 is way too high but when you are there it is absolutely comfortable and downright chilly in the evening!

with everything, check the house rules and the rental agreement and go with the home that suits your needs. And if you get to a home and put the temperature down to 72 and it is still hot, call the property manager and let them know. It usually means something is wrong. Good luck!

We are headed to Disney in May and are a party of 9 so we have been looking for a rental. We want to spread out and have space. I have read through all of these posts and saw no mention. One thing I have noticed is some VRBO and Airbnb listings mention A/C cannot go lower then 72 (some even say 75). This seems crazy and just a money saving tactic however they say it's so the unit doesn't freeze up. This would be uncomfortable for us. We used to live in MS and know the heat and our unit never had a problem if we wanted/needed it below 70. Does WH restrict AC temp? I've read reviews of other places that say the thermostat is locked and can't be changed.
Both houses we rented last year (one in WH, one nearby down the street) had that rule posted. It was not an issue at all! The advice above is good advice :)

Edited to add. One rental was in late February, the other late June.

So I used the website listed in this thread for WH properties to rent. Found one I liked. Sent my questions and asked how to book. Owner replied and told me to send “my best and final offer” as he has multiple people interested in my dates and he will pick one Wednesday. Have rentals become the current housing market? Why would I offer more then the quote on the website? If they want more charge more. There are so many listings available in the area let alone WH. Am I missing something? Plus my dates are not a popular time (mid May).

So I used the website listed in this thread for WH properties to rent. Found one I liked. Sent my questions and asked how to book. Owner replied and told me to send “my best and final offer” as he has multiple people interested in my dates and he will pick one Wednesday. Have rentals become the current housing market? Why would I offer more then the quote on the website? If they want more charge more. There are so many listings available in the area let alone WH. Am I missing something? Plus my dates are not a popular time (mid May).

Every owner is different however I will say that this is the first time I've heard of this type of practice at WH. Most WH rentals will provide you with a quote and many you can find on their website if you don't want to 'inquire' personally. If their website is not listed on WHPR, google their home name to find their website or booking site. There is also a 'book direct' Facebook page for Windsor Hills where you can post your dates & preferred home type and owners will respond if they have availability and point you to their direct site so you can get a quote or book instantly.

And thanks for the post - this one will keep me up at night...especially wondering if they have some super amazing offering like a flight simulator in their Star Wars room LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter