Why...oh why...

sorry for upsettin u jon!

not sure about stayin offsite, we have to think bout cay really, and it might send him a bit loopy going away from the 'hub' as wed drive and i know that hed think we were going away from it.....

Sorry Nikki, I'd totally forgotten about Cay :sad1:

MummyMinnie and Cap'n'Jack -

This is all your fault :rolleyes1 - I couldn't resist - and now I'm going back for my favourite season at DLRP - Christmas :love::banana::love:!!!!

Sorry Elaine...at least I've given you someone to blame :lmao:

This is all your fault :rolleyes1 - I couldn't resist - and now I'm going back for my favourite season at DLRP - Christmas :love::banana::love:!!!!

Had a bit of a mare with Expedia though, called them as the free Disney dining just does not come up on the online booking page. The operator on the booking line couldn't get it to add either, so she gave me Customer Service's number (0871 226 0808). They were great, they booked it for me, and are adding the note about my booking having the free dining plan included on the confirmation they're sending me by email :thumbsup2.

oh wow that's brilliant and I'm very jealous :thumbsup2 Christmas is my most favourite time to go. Have a fantastic time:santa:

I keep looking too! Booked for January however want to go sooner.

Had a bit of a mare with Expedia though, called them as the free Disney dining just does not come up on the online booking page. The operator on the booking line couldn't get it to add either, so she gave me Customer Service's number (0871 226 0808). They were great, they booked it for me, and are adding the note about my booking having the free dining plan included on the confirmation they're sending me by email :thumbsup2.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay well done elaine!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Sorry Nikki, I'd totally forgotten about Cay :sad1:

dont worry jon...... :goodvibes its sumthin we have to factor in, although, in a year anything cud happen (well, always hope ;)) but atm i think my main thing wud be to actually renew fins passport otherwise we wont be going anywhere lol (do hate passports - sooooooooooooo expensive)

This has got me thinking now! Already booked Eurostar (10th-13Jan). Was really hoping for a good hotel offer through NHS discounts but they seemed to have dried up so had decided on Cheyenne with free meals. Now looked on Expedia and for my dates every hotel except the Cheyenne :sad2:is offering free meals.

The Santa Fe would be £154 for both of us. The cost of meals alone would be more than this. I cant think of anywhere else you could stay and have 3 meals a day for £26 each!

Of course we would have to buy tickets (Fantasy passports probably) and this would sadly mean at least 1 or 2 repeat visits:rolleyes1

Oh dear, I don't know what to do

Just can't stop myself from reading this thread, which accidentally makes me hit the search button.......can get early Jan very cheap!!

So who has booked? I'm not looking as i refuse to go again in January, plus i don't want free food (gosh i sound crazy :lmao: )

This is all your fault :rolleyes1 -

I haven't had it on the confirmation either, even though I phoned as I was booking it to check it would be on. I did call and they have to check with central booking on Monday :confused3

Oh dear oh dear ............ as well as this lovely Expedia room only and free dining deal, Etap hotels is also doing a smart price room deal as well at £31 per night :rolleyes1:rolleyes1.......... ooops I appear to have just added the Sunday evening to my trip, staying at the Etap Val d'Europe that night, and getting out early Monday morning straight to the Santa Fe to check in :goodvibes

I am so glad that I read this thread!

I had booked through Expedia for 22nd - 27th Nov staying at Santa Fe for 2 adults & 2 children for £271. I checked on their website & it was still showing no free dining offer, but the price had gone up to £281. But, by playing round with my dates, I have now booked the 1st night @ £56 without the free dining & then separately the other 4 nights @£224 to include the free dining. So, I am getting the free dining vouchers for 5 days for an extra £10.:banana:

Having checked my confirmation, there is no mention of the free dining on it, so I have emailed them about it, so hopefully they will get back to say that it is definintely there!

At the moment, it is me & my 2 daughters going (aged 7 & 2), but I booked the room for 2 adults & 2 children as it was the same price because we don't know yet if DH will be able to get off work & join us. If he can't (and we probably won't know until the week before), then I'll have extra vouchers, but there's no way that we'll need that much food! But then again, I'll probably not get any for DD2 as she will be 2 - but a week off her 3rd birthday, so maybe I will be able to use some of them.

So let's hope now that Expedia get back to me tomorrow to let me know that the free dining is included. I had originally thought I had got a bargain @ £271 & now I can't believe I'm getting an even better deal for £10 extra (that's what's making me think that it's too good to be true & it not appearing on the confirmation means I'm not getting it). I'll let you know how I get on.

Just giving an update on my Expedia saga. I booked on Wednesday, spent all day Thursday emailing them about getting my written confirmation of free dining, and after 3 emails still no further forward - they were very incompetent & eventually sent me a voucher for under 7s stay & play for free which doesn't apply to me anyway.. Couldn't do anything on Friday as I was babysitting in someone else's house, but didn't hear anything from Expedia regarding my latest email despite them claiming to get back to me in less tha 24 hrs! Maybe they are avoiding me. Saturday (today) I phoned them and after 30 mins on the phone I am still no further forward & they are going to refer it to someone else to look at & will get back to me on Monday. I think it's not looking too good, but I don't understand why if they advertise it for my dates, why I can't have it:confused: Will let you know how I fare on Monday (if I ever hear from them).

Karen I was also on the phone to Expedia for 30 minutes when I booked, the booking number staff just didn't know how to add the free dining to my booking at all. I just told them I wasn't booking if I didn't get confirmation in writing of the free dining plan included. They then gave me the customer service number, who did it for me.

The free dining offer didn't show up in the booking information, the person I spoke and booked with at Expedia included it in the notes section to say that free dining was included, it better be when we check in or there will be trouble!!!

Just spoke to Expedia again and got an email to add Free Dining in my notes. Wonder if she's already done this 100 times!!
And also checked (don't know why I didn't do this before!) the same dates with Disney direct and Expedia was £558 whereas Disney was over £1100 even with one of my children supposedly staying and playing free. So £550 for 3 lots of park tickets for 4 nights.

I got a reply about my request to have written confirmation that my booking 23/11 - 27/11 included the free dining offer today. It read :

I have looked into your issue regarding your Disney Offer, we have checked your itinerary and can confirm that this is the only offer valid to your booking is the Kids stay and play for free at Disney, this offer is valid for dining, please see your term and conditions.

I'm not happy with this reply as (1) it doesn't make any sense grammatically- and definintely wouldn't be sufficient to show a CM if my vouchers aren't there & (2) the Kids stay & play for free doesn't necessarily mean that you qualify for the free dining because I also have another booking for the first night of my holiday (22/11) which also has the kids stay & play for free but didn't have the free dining - that's the reason for making the 2 bookings in the first place.

So, what should I do now? I don't fancy spending another 1/2 hour on the phone again tomorrow & as it took 5 days to get this reply, I don't think i'm going to get any better. What written confirmation did anyone else get?

No I wouldn't be satisfied with that either Karen. :confused3
I had a markedly better person to deal with on Monday than on Saturday. The woman on Monday obviously knew what I was talking about, and said straight away that it didn't show up because it was a temporary offer, but that it would be included because the hotel was offering free dining on those dates so everyone who booked for those dates would be getting free dining. I suppose this does make sense (the hotel bit, not the not showing up bit!) since everyone who checks in is going to be getting the vouchers so it isn't going to be a surprise to the receptionist that we are expecting them.
She did however say that she would email me another confirmation with it written in my notes, which she did instantly.
If I were you I would phone again and if you get someone who doesn't know what they are talking about terminate the conversation and try again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter