Why...oh why...

I must be doing something wrong as for 2 adults and 1 child (which will be 4 so will be free) in feb its quoted me £980.96 for 4 nights at NPB, it includes tickets but no transport :scared1: which is expensive!

also doesnt mention anywhere about free dining

The quote I had was without tickets so that'll add a little to it. Playing around with the dates is the only way to find free dining offer unfortunatly as it's only certain dates at certain hotels.

I had a nightmare ringing expedia, they didn't have a clue what i was going about then when i finally found some information on the site and reiterated to him the advisor spoke to a manager ... Still no luck, they told me i had to book a whole package including transport. Is this right!? :confused3

I must be doing something wrong as for 2 adults and 1 child (which will be 4 so will be free) in feb its quoted me £980.96 for 4 nights at NPB, it includes tickets but no transport :scared1: which is expensive!

also doesnt mention anywhere about free dining

When in Feb are you looking at?

Eg 8-12 th Feb (4 nights)

2 adults, 1 child

Santa Fe hotel , tickets and dining: £543.16
NPB hotel, tickets and dining : £832.72

I had a nightmare ringing expedia, they didn't have a clue what i was going about then when i finally found some information on the site and reiterated to him the advisor spoke to a manager ... Still no luck, they told me i had to book a whole package including transport. Is this right!? :confused3

No, definitely not.

Get your dates, hotel etc up on the website, so you can give them a description of exactly what it is you're seeing. When I look at my preferred dates and then hotel name and price, I can see "special offer" then "free Disney dining plan".

This is not available on all dates, so if you don't see this when you look for your dates, have a play about with the dates.

No you don't, what I did was email them with the dates I was looking to go which inlcluded the fee dining and they phoned back straight away, he also wasn't sure but phoned Disney whilst I hung on and then confirmed they could do this deal for me. So if I were you I'd either email or phone again and hopefully get somebody else, give them an example so they can look it up.

Good luck:banana:

The under 12 offer has only ever run between January and April, I'm afraid Nicky, hence why we've had so many trips during that time and I only have 1more year after next year to take advantage of it after that I'm paying for all adults. :-(
BTW I did mention this in the survey (other thread) suggested they extend it to under 14's or even under 16, well I can dream and perhaps run it at other times of the year too. :thumbsup2

thanks for that jill
at least now i know, so i can stop dreaming..... but how im gonna explain it to ds is another prob!!! can always hope that they do change it, but wont hold my breath.... looks like ill be no longer participating in dlp holiday discussions...........:sad1:

Theres always Feb half term or thereabouts Nikki ;) - never say never!!!

Theres always Feb half term or thereabouts Nikki ;) - never say never!!!

elaine, we had promised him to go for halloween - thats the prob!!! and i wanted to go this yr, but was 'convinced' to go to centre parcs..........

i know there is other times, but weve done early summer, christmas, easter (not alot tho then lol) and so halloween was the last 'biggie' to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

and with it lookin at costing towards £1k and thats for cheyenne, ive got no chance of getting my dream hol in dlh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki does it have to be October school holidays you'll plan for?
Its just that we did Halloween season, but at the beginning of October last year, with £100 per room early booking discount. This equated to around 25% of the normal package price, and they did also bring out a 25% discount on packages later in the summer last year, for dates in October :)

Nikki, you are making me upset now!

I think you should look into staying off-site. I know I'm always talking of this place but at Le Chene Gris you could get a mobile home Bali for £50 or £54 per night, with thier '7 for 6' offer that's £324 for the most expensive, 4 Fantasy AP's would be £400 with your shareholders discount, £50 for a ferry, £40 in tolls and let's say £100 in fuel (for you Northerners :lmao:) would give a total of £925 for a whole week...obviously you'd have to go again after that as you'd have AP's :goodvibes

sorry for upsettin u jon!

not sure about stayin offsite, we have to think bout cay really, and it might send him a bit loopy going away from the 'hub' as wed drive and i know that hed think we were going away from it.....

elaine - were stuck to hols next year as fin will be yr 2 (so sats yr) and cay will have started in reception (not a big prob really, more fin). hence needing school hols!!!

lol bout the aps - shuda done that at easter this yr!!!! sayin that tho - cay wud get a discount on his tickets, and i wud get in free as carer.... not sure if theres any disabled benefit for aps?!?!?!? might have to check that out lol

keep thinking bout tryin to get over in half term this yr - but then not sure dh wud be too plsd but then hed be working........... and we did want it to be a family thing, but then, hes not as 'into' disney as me (currently sat in mickey tshirt lol)..... hmmmm might go n check sum prices...... easily sorted - fins passport has expired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! answers that one lol

atm for half term this yr (pretending fins a yr older) is £872 inc half board vouchers 3nights @ cheyenne..... gonna do sum number crunching.....

sorry for upsettin u jon!

not sure about stayin offsite, we have to think bout cay really, and it might send him a bit loopy going away from the 'hub' as wed drive and i know that hed think we were going away from it.....

elaine - were stuck to hols next year as fin will be yr 2 (so sats yr) and cay will have started in reception (not a big prob really, more fin). hence needing school hols!!!

lol bout the aps - shuda done that at easter this yr!!!! sayin that tho - cay wud get a discount on his tickets, and i wud get in free as carer.... not sure if theres any disabled benefit for aps?!?!?!? might have to check that out lol

keep thinking bout tryin to get over in half term this yr - but then not sure dh wud be too plsd but then hed be working........... and we did want it to be a family thing, but then, hes not as 'into' disney as me (currently sat in mickey tshirt lol)..... hmmmm might go n check sum prices...... easily sorted - fins passport has expired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! answers that one lol

atm for half term this yr (pretending fins a yr older) is £872 inc half board vouchers 3nights @ cheyenne..... gonna do sum number crunching.....

Would it help if you went to the accomodation first (the night before) so he stayed there and then you drove to DLP from there and back to his things again at night. Not sure - just a thought really

thanks small world..... did wonder about that idea.....

also, i forgot that, if there were not offers/deals on, then of course i have my shareholders discount!! :thumbsup2 the deal i priced up had no offers, so cud save £80 or so - which helps, and then i thought, maybe, we can get just the one day off from school, just before the half term?!?!? if we can do that, it wud help price wise, and of course we can still get the mnsshp on the friday (another thing i promised).

so, u have all given me sum ideas to work with, so maybe if i just keep a 'price' in my head for the most to pay, and then keep watchin the site, maybe ill get a deal or sumthin ;) never gonna promise anythin again lol (and ok, i admit, i want to go for halloween too lol)

thanks small world..... did wonder about that idea.....

and then i thought, maybe, we can get just the one day off from school, just before the half term?!?!?

Hi, our kids are off on that Friday before half term so just wondered if it may be the same for you? - I notice you're in South Derbys we're in Notts and sometimes share the same holidays and insets. (my BIL is a teacher in Derbys and they are off too)

Hi, our kids are off on that Friday before half term so just wondered if it may be the same for you? - I notice you're in South Derbys we're in Notts and sometimes share the same holidays and insets. (my BIL is a teacher in Derbys and they are off too)

yeah, we are this year, its 2010 that im hoping for!! and if off on the friday for teacher training, surely getting the thursday too wud be ok??? lol both boys will be in infants, so will get same hols (unlike preschool which is diff this yr for sum reason!!)

feelin a bit more hopeful after sum fab ideas.......

I thought free dining was on all the time up until March 2010 providing you book before 15th nov?

If not, does anyone know what date it is free dining, I want at least 3 star hotel

its not on for every hotel for every date. it seems to be pretty much on for all of the hotels on the disney site but you have to play around a bit on expedia.

yeah, we are this year, its 2010 that im hoping for!! and if off on the friday for teacher training, surely getting the thursday too wud be ok??? lol both boys will be in infants, so will get same hols (unlike preschool which is diff this yr for sum reason!!)

feelin a bit more hopeful after sum fab ideas.......

whoops sorry didn't realise you were looking at 2010.

I'm going to be asking to add on a day after inset day for January - I have one in infants and one in juniors, I can't see that it would be a problem, we're going whatever they say anyway :rotfl: I feel it will be our last year to be taking the children out of school as my eldest starts senior school next year and they are very strict about time off in fact I've heard they won't allow any days.:mad:

Hope you get sorted.

MummyMinnie and Cap'n'Jack -

This is all your fault :rolleyes1 - I couldn't resist - and now I'm going back for my favourite season at DLRP - Christmas :love::banana::love:!!!!

Had a bit of a mare with Expedia though, called them as the free Disney dining just does not come up on the online booking page. The operator on the booking line couldn't get it to add either, so she gave me Customer Service's number (0871 226 0808). They were great, they booked it for me, and are adding the note about my booking having the free dining plan included on the confirmation they're sending me by email :thumbsup2.

Great news! Am still dithering about Feb half term as it would be only 6 weeks before our special trip in March and wouldn't want to 'spoil' it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter