Why is it..

I get ideas when I'm going to sleep OR I'll even wake up suddenly because I've got something on my mind that I can do with xyz. I'll get ideas in the shower too lol.

I think what's most annoying is when I'm trying to sleep and no matter what I'm still stuck on that thing I got in my mind.

Like last week I was laying there coming up with wall shelving configurations for the garage and then I couldn't go back to sleep for a while because I kept thinking well that shelf can be standard 12inches but that shelf need to be wider because it is in the alcove and then I started thinking hmmmm I need to go measure the area and see if it works with my idea of putting lawn care stuff there, etc.

Sometimes I get really good craft ideas at that time too which sounds great but then I want to go searching on Pinterest for a similar-ish idea so I can remember it lol

I need some Christmas gift ideas here..especially for my husband..so maybe I'll hope I'll come up with something while I'm trying to go to sleep lol

Yeah, see “trying to go to sleep” is when my mind decides to think back to a conversation I had 3 months ago and worry if I said the wrong thing to someone I have talked to a dozen times since then. Or some stupid thing that happened when my 36 year old was 5 and if it bothered him. Really important stuff like that. Lol.

That the best ideas happen in the middle of the night?

I’ve started to think about what to get my daughter for Christmas. She’s three provinces away and I miss her and I know she is feeling pretty homesick. Plus, she’s starting to realize that even though moms house had a bunch of rules, living with no rules is even worse lol

So, just now, at 3.31 central time I just had a genius, GENIUS idea.

Since before she moved out she’s been taking about getting a cat. All her roommates are on board, she just doesn’t have the money for one right now.

So, for Christmas, my husband and I will get her a cat! Well, not physically, but we’ll give her the money to get a cat and a litter box and some food to get her started.

I’ll get 20 envelopes and write out MERRY XMAS GRACE & KITTY. Inside each envelope will be $10 and the letters will be all scrambled. She’ll have to figure out what it says before she knows what her gift is.

I’m so excited to do this for her. It will be such a boost and a reminder that I’m with her, even if it’s not physical. When she’s sad she can cuddle the kitty.

I thought I would be a Grinch this year without her but as soon as I see snow I go into Christmas mode. I’ve had to stop myself from dragging the tree up from the basement and all our house decor and get full into the Christmas spirit.

Who else has had a brainstorm in the middle of the night?

I thinks that's a great idea! I got my mom a gift certificate to our local SPCA for Christmas a couple of years ago and she loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter