Why is it..

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
That the best ideas happen in the middle of the night?

I’ve started to think about what to get my daughter for Christmas. She’s three provinces away and I miss her and I know she is feeling pretty homesick. Plus, she’s starting to realize that even though moms house had a bunch of rules, living with no rules is even worse lol

So, just now, at 3.31 central time I just had a genius, GENIUS idea.

Since before she moved out she’s been taking about getting a cat. All her roommates are on board, she just doesn’t have the money for one right now.

So, for Christmas, my husband and I will get her a cat! Well, not physically, but we’ll give her the money to get a cat and a litter box and some food to get her started.

I’ll get 20 envelopes and write out MERRY XMAS GRACE & KITTY. Inside each envelope will be $10 and the letters will be all scrambled. She’ll have to figure out what it says before she knows what her gift is.

I’m so excited to do this for her. It will be such a boost and a reminder that I’m with her, even if it’s not physical. When she’s sad she can cuddle the kitty.

I thought I would be a Grinch this year without her but as soon as I see snow I go into Christmas mode. I’ve had to stop myself from dragging the tree up from the basement and all our house decor and get full into the Christmas spirit.

Who else has had a brainstorm in the middle of the night?

I keep a small notebook next to my bed, and jot things down all the time.

But back during the last big lottery frenzy, I had to pull out a larger one - I designed a whole tutoring center I'd like to build, at about 2:00am.

That the best ideas happen in the middle of the night?

I’ve started to think about what to get my daughter for Christmas. She’s three provinces away and I miss her and I know she is feeling pretty homesick. Plus, she’s starting to realize that even though moms house had a bunch of rules, living with no rules is even worse lol

So, just now, at 3.31 central time I just had a genius, GENIUS idea.

Since before she moved out she’s been taking about getting a cat. All her roommates are on board, she just doesn’t have the money for one right now.

So, for Christmas, my husband and I will get her a cat! Well, not physically, but we’ll give her the money to get a cat and a litter box and some food to get her started.

I’ll get 20 envelopes and write out MERRY XMAS GRACE & KITTY. Inside each envelope will be $10 and the letters will be all scrambled. She’ll have to figure out what it says before she knows what her gift is.

I’m so excited to do this for her. It will be such a boost and a reminder that I’m with her, even if it’s not physical. When she’s sad she can cuddle the kitty.

I thought I would be a Grinch this year without her but as soon as I see snow I go into Christmas mode. I’ve had to stop myself from dragging the tree up from the basement and all our house decor and get full into the Christmas spirit.

Who else has had a brainstorm in the middle of the night?

Well, if you're sure she and her room mates are all able to take good care of a cat in the "house with no rules" :scratchin

For me, trying to write novels, it's getting awesome scene or dialogue ideas in the middle of the night and then struggling to remember them again in the morning lol. It's never the same.

Well, if you're sure she and her room mates are all able to take good care of a cat in the "house with no rules" :scratchin

For me, trying to write novels, it's getting awesome scene or dialogue ideas in the middle of the night and then struggling to remember them again in the morning lol. It's never the same.

It won’t be a house cat, it will be just for her. I know she’s responsible enough to take care of a cat.

Nope, not me; I'm not a night-thinker. I sleep pretty soundly and on the rare occasions I'm awoken by an "idea" it's pretty much always remembering something important I've forgotten or neglected to do when it's too late to fix it. :mad:

Who buys a cat? Aren’t there a billion in shelters? Also, make sure no one is allergic (I’m allergic, but I was surprised to learn my sons were too when I had them tested). Also, be prepared for the cat to be yours, since her future is so up in the air at this point (dd22 has a friend who would benefit from moving it with her, but it’s not possible because her friend has a cat).

Who buys a cat? Aren’t there a billion in shelters? Also, make sure no one is allergic (I’m allergic, but I was surprised to learn my sons were too when I had them tested). Also, be prepared for the cat to be yours, since her future is so up in the air at this point (dd22 has a friend who would benefit from moving it with her, but it’s not possible because her friend has a cat).

By buying a cat, I meant giving her money to get one off Kijiji or the humane society.

She’s already asked if she can get a cat. Everyone said fine and I don’t know if anyone mentioned allergies. I’m sure it was discussed as my daughter can be allergic but wants one anyway.

No, the cat will NOT be mine as I am three provinces away. I did say that in my op.

ETA- I reread my op and I didn’t say I would buy her a cat. I said I’d give her money to get a cat. If that’s off kijiji or from a shelter is up to her. Do you not have to pay to adopt a pet where you are?

So true. My friend has 2 very large dogs now that she never wanted or planned on. Her son moved to LA for a job and has an apartment that won't take pets. Her daughter has the dog's litter mate and was out on her own but now has moved back home. Instant double dose of large dog.

Lots of shelters still charge adoption fees, so you are, in a sense, still buying a cat, even when adopting it.

So true. My friend has 2 very large dogs now that she never wanted or planned on. Her son moved to LA for a job and has an apartment that won't take pets. Her daughter has the dog's litter mate and was out on her own but now has moved back home. Instant double dose of large dog.

If you read my op, I said she moved three provinces away. No, it won’t be my cat.

Then she won’t move there?

But please do remember you are buying her an 18-year commitment. That's pretty significant considering she is still young and not established anywhere yet. I'd hate to see this cat need to be left behind or rehomed when the novelty wears off or she moves on in life to other adventures (or you stop sending money)

But please do remember you are buying her an 18-year commitment. That's pretty significant considering she is still young and not established anywhere yet. I'd hate to see this cat need to be left behind or rehomed when the novelty wears off or she moves on in life to other adventures (or you stop sending money)

I will guide her to get an older cat, she doesn’t have the time for a kitten. This isn’t a novelty thing for her. She’s wanted a cat for at least three years and I’ve always said no. She knows pets take responsibility.

A few of her roommates have permanently moved to where they are now. I’m sure if something came up, they could take over ownership. It will be something to mention, for sure, though.

If you read my op, I said she moved three provinces away. No, it won’t be my cat.
My friend's son moved half way across the country. She ended up with the dog. Just saying it happens.
That would be my concern. Kids who aren't established make big life changes. And pets can complicate that. Sometimes parents end up stepping in to help.

My friend's son moved half way across the country. She ended up with the dog. Just saying it happens.

That would be my concern. Kids who aren't established make big life changes. And pets can complicate that. Sometimes parents end up stepping in to help.

She knows there’s no way on Gods green Earth I would allow her to bring a cat with her if she ever moves back home. When I say it won’t be my cat, I 100% mean it.

I will gently ask questions over the next week or so to see if she does have a backup plan in case she does have to move back home or something.

She knows there’s no way on Gods green Earth I would allow her to bring a cat with her if she ever moves back home. When I say it won’t be my cat, I 100% mean it.

I will gently ask questions over the next week or so to see if she does have a backup plan in case she does have to move back home or something.
Then you shouldn’t get her a cat. I was an idiot who got a dog when I was 23, renting an apartment with my friend. My next apartment allowed dogs, thank goodness, but the DH and I got married and my 2 room apartment just wasn’t cutting it (he lived in a house with 2 roommates). What a PITA it was to find another apartment! Plus, having to find dog sitters when we wanted to go away.

Dd22’s friend got a cat when she broke up with her boyfriend, she was depressed. She is living at home, her dad moved in a girlfriend who is allergic, now the poor cat can’t leave her bedroom. My Dd is my dad’s caretaker right now, 5 bedroom house on the best street in town with a pool. Friends dad moved 30 minutes away in a tiny house, friend can’t afford to move out. She could live at my dad’s for free, but not with the cat. Dd thinks she’s an idiot for getting that cat.

I love animals, but truly believe that taking on the responsibility is a long term permanent one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter