Why does Pete keep telling everyone what the temparture is?

Well, I think we are getting our payback for rubbing y'alls noses in our great weather. This morning we woke up to a 45 degree temperature! :scared1:
I am freezing...time to turn the heat on!
Girl...if only I could send our weather to you...it's FREEZING here! But at least the sun is shining! It's been so long since i've seen the sun that i'd forgotten what it looked like!

Well, I think we are getting our payback for rubbing y'alls noses in our great weather. This morning we woke up to a 45 degree temperature! :scared1:
I am freezing...time to turn the heat on!

oh you poor thing...we haven't seen 45 in about a month and a half. It might reach 50 next week...of course it is supposed to be raining that day though.

Yes I'll be thinking of Pete as I run from my car into work just hoping my face doesn't freeze. Nothing like making snow angels while clicking your heels together saying "there's no place like home" and imagining the WORLD!

I remember the joy of calling home in December and reporting 86 degree temperatures in Orlando when it was cold and snowing back home.

How wrong is it to want the weather to be horrible at home when you are on vacation??? Come on admit it....we all do it......Pete just gets to do it all the time....

I remember the joy of calling home in December and reporting 86 degree temperatures in Orlando when it was cold and snowing back home.

How wrong is it to want the weather to be horrible at home when you are on vacation??? Come on admit it....we all do it......Pete just gets to do it all the time....

absolutely...nothing better than saying "it's only going to get up to about 75 today so we might not go swimming" when it's 20 at home and snowing...

The only problem with that is last time we went to Disney in the winter we parked at the Manchester Airport before the garage was finished and when we got off the plane I had to shovel 3 day old snow off of my car. And for those of you that don't know 3 day old snow is very crusty and sticky so it is very difficult to get rid of.

Needless to say when we go next month I will keep my mouth shut

It's what I do to my family and friends back in Jersey. Whenever I'm talking to them, I bust on them about the weather down here (and they get me right back when we're having bad weather). Sorry, I'll stop doing it :)

Pete

Pete does it because he's MEAN :) While here in Iowa it's a 30 degrees, and I'm walking around in my bikini (everybody go EWWWWW). Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 6 degrees.

Pete, you should not change the person you are to try to make everyone around here happy. We all love you for who you are and what you say. You make us laugh.

I'll take my cold winter days of sitting around the house or going out skiing anyday. I spent several summers in Florida and I'll take winter over Florida in the Summer anyday :-)

Keep giving us reports! I like to know what its going to be like next time I'm down there.

It's what I do to my family and friends back in Jersey. Whenever I'm talking to them, I bust on them about the weather down here (and they get me right back when we're having bad weather). Sorry, I'll stop doing it :)

Pete

Absolutely don't stop!! I have parents that live in Spring Hill, FL. They do the same thing to me and it's just good natured fun. It's funny and heartbreaking all at the same time.

However, Pete, those reminders may prompt many of us to uproot and move to Orlando. Then won't you be sorry when it takes you 45 minutes to get to Publix. We're gonna clog up your streets!!

I did this last March when we were on the Disney cruise - it was so beautiful at St. Maarten and St. Thomas - Castaway Cay was a bit cooler (in the high 70s but still so pretty!) and then we had a wonderful day in the 80's in Epcot. BUT karma bit us in the butt because when we were calling home and bragging about our good weather and we were hearing about the ice storm at home, we had a pipe burst! Apparently, we forgot to turn our ice maker off before we left home and the water in the pipe froze. So now when I go on vacation to a warm place and it is cold at home, I no longer brag ;) I am afraid of bad karma.

:eek: I woke up to -30 celsius (-23F) with the windchill factor. Do you Floridians even know what a wind chill factor is?

:eek: I woke up to -30 celsius (-23F) with the windchill factor. Do you Floridians even know what a wind chill factor is?

No they don't and they have no use for that funny little machine we use quite often called a snowblower!

:rotfl:

This Floridian spent the first 35 years of life in upstate NY.

I understand wind chill. I understand snowblowers. I understand shoveling the drive just in time for the plow to come through and build another 5 foot wall where I just scooped the last shovel. I understand having the ice scaper snap in your hand. I understand starting the car an hour early.

These are just a few of the reasons I now live in FL.

I will take the 3 Hs (heat, humidity and hurricanes) over snow and ice any day.

It's 61 in Orlando today. That's the high.

This Floridian spent the first 35 years of life in upstate NY.

I understand wind chill. I understand snowblowers. I understand shoveling the drive just in time for the plow to come through and build another 5 foot wall where I just scooped the last shovel. I understand having the ice scaper snap in your hand. I understand starting the car an hour early,

If only you understood!:lmao:
And what the heck is an ice scaper? Hanging around Bawb too much, huh?

I've decided to randomly remove the letter R from certain words.

Like I'm from MA.

Undestand?

:lmao:

It's 61 in Orlando today. That's the high.

Does this mean you have on the long underwear Kevin?

My sister lives in West Palm Beach. I love when she calls to complain that it's 40 down there. Hello! It's a whole lot colder here! Cry me a river!

Not complaining here at all. Gives me a chance to wear my winter coat (ok...hooded sweatshirt).:thumbsup2

For those that are interested.....

John and I will be in one of the parks this evening..... and I have pins.

Not complaining here at all. Gives me a chance to wear my winter coat (ok...hooded sweatshirt).:thumbsup2

Has anyone spotted one of y'all and gotten the cruise yet? Wonder if I can get a flight to MCO for this evening... ;)

The "spot a podcaster" cruise giveaway is for finding Pete and Walter at Universal during a Mardi Gras event.

They even gave some clues as to when they may show up.

We will have no cruise to give away this evening....just pins.

Ratsafraggle!! And I'm stuck here in Chicago! Kevin, if I could, I would put up with the 3Hs vs. the snow and ice too. After 35 years in upstate NY, you deserve the warmth & sunshine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter