Why did MDE let me book FP well before 60 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DON’T DELETE THEM!

The FP system is glitching due to new software and your confirmed FPs are fine.

I booked FPs on Saturday and they are confirmed and fine.

I booked mine just now and booked them for a party of 2. On the screen where it shows all my plans it says FP+ booked for 1 guest but when I click on each of my reservations it's showing booked for 2 guests. Is that normal? Any cause for concern?

Last edited:
Anyone else who booked FP+ reservations for more than 1 person have it showing up as just it being booked for 1 person on the app b

I booked mine just now and booked them for a party of 2. On the screen where it shows all my plans it says FP+ booked for 1 guest but when I click on each of my reservations it's showing booked for 2 guests. Is that normal? Any cause for concern?

While I would keep an eye on it just to be sure, this is a relatively common glitch that’s been happening a lot lately.

Ay
I really just have zero faith in Disney IT, and in my luck. I do hope I'm wrong for the sake of those who went ahead and booked (or that at least if they are cancelled, those guests don't have any issues booking when the FP booking window opens for real). If Disney can cancel your FP for cancelling a reservation then they can definitely cancel an FP for whatever other reason (not likely that they would, but not impossible).

I haven't had much issue getting what I want at the 60 day mark (and I've had very good luck at 30 days for offsite stays as well) so I just look at this as a situation where some people may have been very heavily pixie dusted and it doesn't impact my vacation.

Screenshots are a YMMV situation for sure. I do screenshot everything once I'm done but it's more in case the app is down and I need to glance at what FP I have next or check a reservation time. I wouldn't expect it to "reinstate" my FP if they were removed. If Disney did remove the FP then what? Is the plan to then not book FP at all and present a screenshot? I don't see that working (and again, I really hope it doesn't come to that for anyone who has been able to book). Also I had previously been told that if Disney removes FP they send an e-mail and a notification to the app. So if they did that and people then claimed they didn't know their FP were removed, I can't see that working either.

I screenshot mine too, but only because it’s easier to look there for my next fp, not for a record to prove what I had. I don’t even want to think of the problems should these fp’s not stick. Which is why I won’t book mine early, haven’t looked to even see if I could except the once just out of curiosity. lol Besides I’m too busy stalking for DAH’s, FEA dessert buffets, Artist Point ADR’s....:)

My 60 day window opened today. For the last 3 days I've been able to book one FP. After that, the dates of my stay were either unavailable/ grayed out OR I could go through booking only to have a "could not be completed" message. I tried through the app, as well as on the website on my phone and computer, a couple times during the day. Nothing else possible.

This morning made all my other FP without any issues. The 3 I made before today at all still there.

My 60-day window opens exactly 2 weeks from today and this morning our arrival day opened up for fastpasses. I didn't actually make any because we don't plan to go to the parks that day. Everything before and after arrival day was gray, other than our usual 30-day window.

I wonder if all of this is related to date based tickets and not cussing it well. They now need to compare the dates the tickets are valid with the date of check in for a resort. Given the length that the tickets are valid and the fact that you don't need to buy them starting on your check in date means there has to be some time before 60 from the ticket dates that they will still show up as valid if a resort stay is in play. If they screwed that up it might explain why people are able to do it within a few days of their window but not more than 2 weeks.

I wonder if all of this is related to date based tickets and not cussing it well. They now need to compare the dates the tickets are valid with the date of check in for a resort. Given the length that the tickets are valid and the fact that you don't need to buy them starting on your check in date means there has to be some time before 60 from the ticket dates that they will still show up as valid if a resort stay is in play. If they screwed that up it might explain why people are able to do it within a few days of their window but not more than 2 weeks.

Hmm that’s a good question. I wonder if the people who were able to book fp before their 60 days could report if they have date based tickets or not.

Our window did not open early. We have 2 year old Canadian resident tickets (from when they didn’t have expiry dates)

All of our tickets were purchased from a 3rd party vendor (except 2 of us have AP certificates) before date-based tickets began last October.

Hmm that’s a good question. I wonder if the people who were able to book fp before their 60 days could report if they have date based tickets or not.

Our window did not open early. We have 2 year old Canadian resident tickets (from when they didn’t have expiry dates)

I have Canadian resident tickets purchased this year. Did you try several times using the app? For me it shows as open, then might show as closed the next two attempts and then open again. It's very strange how it is inconsistent.

Saw this thread just now and immediately went to MDX to see if I could book. My 60-day windows opens on Saturday. We have APs. The system wouldn't let me book for our May trip. Just reporting in in case anyone else in a similar situation is trying.

That might explain some of this.

As an AP I don't have traditional, date-sensitive park tickets and that may be why my window opened and then closed like it did. While those with other ticket types seem to have the full window opening up to 14 days early, while mine did not. Or, I'm just having my usual luck and my account is super glitchy :badpc:

My FP date would have been March 9 so Saturday Feb 23 would have been 14 days ahead of that. My window opened on the 24th (so 13 days ahead of 60 days out) and only for May 8-9 (so 60 and 61 days out, ahead of a 6 night stay) and then the morning of the 25th it opened up for May 10 (day 62). I didn't book any, and when I checked again later yesterday the days were all grey again.

I have an AP as well as staying on site for a 2 nights before moving to an off-site condo and was able to make my FP+ reservations for May 10th yesterday and May 11th this morning.

we have AP's and our window opens in 2 weeks, and I'm not able to book FP's yet.

We're staying at the Swan, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. We're using this quick 3 nighter as a pool vacay. I just like having a backup plan if it rains the whole time like it did last year at this time.

That might explain some of this.

As an AP I don't have traditional, date-sensitive park tickets and that may be why my window opened and then closed like it did. While those with other ticket types seem to have the full window opening up to 14 days early, while mine did not. Or, I'm just having my usual luck and my account is super glitchy :badpc:

My FP date would have been March 9 so Saturday Feb 23 would have been 14 days ahead of that. My window opened on the 24th (so 13 days ahead of 60 days out) and only for May 8-9 (so 60 and 61 days out, ahead of a 6 night stay) and then the morning of the 25th it opened up for May 10 (day 62). I didn't book any, and when I checked again later yesterday the days were all grey again.

I have an AP, others in my family have date sensitive tickets. None of our windows had opened early when I checked. Granted, I’ve only looked the one time so it’s possible it could have. My window opens on the 3rd, I checked Saturday or Sunday.

Party of 5-2 have APs 2 have 3 day date sensitive tix and one has a FL resident tix. Our FP day should have been March 3, I was able to book for all of us on Saturday (feb 23) I don;t know when the window opened because I checked for the first time on the 23rd. Actually, the Fl resident ticket was added to MDE on Sunday (24th) and I was still able to make FP for that one person.

I am one that was able to book my FP’s early:
  • Dates 4/28 thru 5/10
  • All going are AP holder’s (3 people)
  • Staying at 3 resorts all club level
  • Some of my days are with the extra FP club level
  • Booked my own ressie thru online Disney website
Hope this helps figure it out. Good luck everyone.

I tried to get my FPs booked 2 days before my 60 day window and it shot me down. Dang it.

I tried to get my FPs booked 2 days before my 60 day window and it shot me down. Dang it.

Did it look like you were going to be able to and then failed at the "confirm" screen? Or was it just a no-go from the get-go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter