Why did MDE let me book FP well before 60 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to book mine 2 days early. It was so strange, there were so many options. Everything was there. I have friends arriving the next day, to BWV on points, they have APs, and we are connected on MDE. I could NOT make them FP+ like I usually do. Only me and my son. SO I tried to pick times/rides not the MOST popular, so they can match up on their 60 day window, which is Wednesday.

Curious after reading this thread, I checked MDE (69 days out) and, sure enough, I was able to book FP for the first 5 days of my trip. Everything was available. I'll keep checking back for the rest of trip as the days pass. Hopefully they won't disappear.

Thanks OP!

We are 71 days out, and I can’t book anything. I hope this glitch doesn’t make it harder to get FP when our real day opens.
If it’s letting people book earlier than they should, there’s no question that it takes away from availability. The only question is how much it’s affected. I suspect not much. I have an AP with an on site stay in May. So far, it’s been perfectly normal for me. I have a 30 day window open and my 60 days is 3/3. The only difference I see is I thought I used to be able to see months ahead that were greyed out, but now only see through March- but could be it’s always been that way, I never paid that much attention to it. I’m not sure I’d actually book even if I could. My luck is they’d get cancelled.

So not only do I now have the disadvantage of 3 different 60 day windows for our split stay but apparently some people with the same booking window as ours have been able to book early. More than a little annoyed at the moment.

So not only do I now have the disadvantage of 3 different 60 day windows for our split stay but apparently some people with the same booking window as ours have been able to book early. More than a little annoyed at the moment.

I hear ya. They fixed one horrid loophole and created a mess elsewhere. I'm still hoping they fix the split stay issue fast.

I'm booking these FPs because I can. If they cancel them before my 60 day window opens, I will have no complaints. I just hope they don't cancel them after the window opens.

On the bright side, I was looking at 60 day availability on the Dibb and for the first time in a long time, availability at the 60+1 window looks good for FOP and SDD. I really doubt the handful of people who even bother to look for this glitch is going to have a significant effect.

I hear ya. They fixed one horrid loophole and created a mess elsewhere. I'm still hoping they fix the split stay issue fast.

I'm booking these FPs because I can. If they cancel them before my 60 day window opens, I will have no complaints. I just hope they don't cancel them after the window opens.

I hold no judgement for those booking fastpasses that are able to. I'm just annoyed at Disney for screwing us over for fastpasses since now SDD is 60 plus 1 and FOP is 60 plus 3, just days before our window opens when I am spending 10 days on site with them. We have numerous extras booked and hard to get dining. It's not practical to move things around.

Absolutely a first world problem but yea I'm pretty frustrated and upset today.

Has anyone with an AP as their tickets been able to book early for their May stay? I wonder if our APs stopped the potential glitch

Has anyone with an AP as their tickets been able to book early for their May stay? I wonder if our APs stopped the potential glitch
I have an AP, staying May 8-14. My first window should have opened March 9.
Last night it showed May 8-9 as available to book, and this morning May 10 opened up. So my full stay did not open up and it looks like a rolling window started.

I didn't book FP because I figured this had to be some massive glitch and I wouldn't be able to complete booking (a few people have reported that they get all the way to the end and then it won't finalize) or that if I did complete booking they would only disappear. Joke's on me because that doesn't seem to have happened to anyone (yet) and now none of my days are open for booking.

Funny, when I looked on Friday night to see if my club level fp were loaded correctly I noticed my window for a portion of my trip was available. I thought the CM who booked my club level FP’s made a mistake and left the window open. So I booked my FP’s for the others days. Then Saturday morning double checked and they were still there but the next day was available to book. Sunday and today the same. Guess it was an IT glitch not the CM. I am one of them with a split stay so I am lucky. Just wish everyone with splits could book also.

Funny, when I looked on Friday night to see if my club level fp were loaded correctly I noticed my window for a portion of my trip was available. I thought the CM who booked my club level FP’s made a mistake and left the window open. So I booked my FP’s for the others days. Then Saturday morning double checked and they were still there but the next day was available to book. Sunday and today the same. Guess it was an IT glitch not the CM. I am one of them with a split stay so I am lucky. Just wish everyone with splits could book also.
Another CL guest reported the same info on Friday. At that time, it appeared to be a 90-day window glitch until regular ticketed posters began reporting.

I have a one night stay and was able to book on Saturday at 60+6 for both checkin and check out dates.
But nothing before or after that, not that I’m complaining. It was very glitchy, I had to try several times to get all the fast passes booked.
I think Disney is compensating me for removing the rolling 60 day window.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Last edited:
FYI I was able to book all my FPs 8 days early tonight. Sometimes the window shows as open and other times not. And sometimes I got as far as pressing confirm and then an error occurred but I would say after about 5 tries for each FP, I was able to confirm them. It worked much better on the app on my phone. I only saw the window open once on my computer.

I have an AP, staying May 8-14. My first window should have opened March 9.
Last night it showed May 8-9 as available to book, and this morning May 10 opened up. So my full stay did not open up and it looks like a rolling window started.

I didn't book FP because I figured this had to be some massive glitch and I wouldn't be able to complete booking (a few people have reported that they get all the way to the end and then it won't finalize) or that if I did complete booking they would only disappear. Joke's on me because that doesn't seem to have happened to anyone (yet) and now none of my days are open for booking.

I wouldn’t book either. Way too much chance somethings going to go wrong. With a 60 day window I’ve never had trouble getting what I need so it’s not a big deal. I’d rather wait and do it when I’m supposed to. Screenshots won’t mean a thing if something went wrong.

I just booked May 5-10 FP - would not let me do the 11th or 12th but I am ok with that

I wouldn’t book either. Way too much chance somethings going to go wrong. With a 60 day window I’ve never had trouble getting what I need so it’s not a big deal. I’d rather wait and do it when I’m supposed to. Screenshots won’t mean a thing if something went wrong.

I really just have zero faith in Disney IT, and in my luck. I do hope I'm wrong for the sake of those who went ahead and booked (or that at least if they are cancelled, those guests don't have any issues booking when the FP booking window opens for real). If Disney can cancel your FP for cancelling a reservation then they can definitely cancel an FP for whatever other reason (not likely that they would, but not impossible).

I haven't had much issue getting what I want at the 60 day mark (and I've had very good luck at 30 days for offsite stays as well) so I just look at this as a situation where some people may have been very heavily pixie dusted and it doesn't impact my vacation.

Screenshots are a YMMV situation for sure. I do screenshot everything once I'm done but it's more in case the app is down and I need to glance at what FP I have next or check a reservation time. I wouldn't expect it to "reinstate" my FP if they were removed. If Disney did remove the FP then what? Is the plan to then not book FP at all and present a screenshot? I don't see that working (and again, I really hope it doesn't come to that for anyone who has been able to book). Also I had previously been told that if Disney removes FP they send an e-mail and a notification to the app. So if they did that and people then claimed they didn't know their FP were removed, I can't see that working either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter