Who's taking the family in Oct. 2009!

When will you start packing for your Oct. vacation?

• Start? I've been packed and ready to go for weeks now!

• I start packing right around the 30 day mark!

• I usually start packing a few weeks before my trip.

• I'm packed up and ready to go the week before my trip.

• I'm usually still looking for my suitcases the night before the trip!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Morning all!

peekinglemer glad you had fun in Boston!!! Even if you are a Sox fan;)

amberg I am jealous of your furniture!! DH and I want to redo our bedroom, my furniture is so old! I keep saying it is sad that my son has the nicest room in the house (his nursery furniture is awesome!)

tjbaggot sorry you had to work but woot woot for starting to pack!!1:woohoo:

Had a great weekend. Family Fun day in our town Sat and football yesterday!!! Too bad our QB got hurt and will likely be out for a few weeks though.

I am not packing yet but starting to pick things up here and there. Hoping to avoid one shocking trip to the store for all of ours supplies.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Posting this fon our last morning from our hotel near Disney Land.

Where are you from? - Regina, SK, Canada
Who will be going? - Me, my DW, DS (2), DMIL and DMIL BF, friend and his family will also be there at the same time
When will you be going? - October 7 - 22
Where are you staying? - SSR (our first DVC stay!)
How did you pick your resort - Wanted to be close to DTD
MNSSHP? We are hoping to but are going to buy walk up due to DS
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Trip to Disney Land, Disboards and reviewing my touring plan.
Any other info. you would like to share? - So excited about our DVC stay. Renting a vehicle for the first time. Also. hoping to get in an NFL game well on the trip.

i hear you! mine was from when i was 15!!! i remember it when it was delivered in the dead of winter. oen piece is a bit banged up so i have to wait for them to call me so they can come inspect it. and the drivers were supposed to put it all together and move it in place. um yeah they put the bed together and left the rest in my front room!!!

but it's so nice to actually have a set that matches! lol

Getting to the TWO WEEK MARK! I can't believe we started planning this trip in January! I think that is why I get so anxious that things go as planned; I have so much time and energy invested in this trip. I know when I get there I am more apt to "go with the flow" but until then...:scared1:

This upcoming weekend will be our last fee weekend until the trip. The weekend after if dh b-day party and them the week after we LEAVE FOR DISNEY ON THURSDAY Oct. 1st!!!

I just made and put up the two week chain for my ds to use as a countdown and I have been trying to get him use to some of the things we will be doing and seeing like reading books on plane rides and watching Disney clips on youtube. How is eveyone else preparing their little ones?

TWO WEEKS?! I am so jealous! I am in serious need of a vaca but we aren't going till the end of the month. But I agree with you, been planning so long I feel...frantic almost about it. Luckily my DH is much more level headed tham I am :)

As for preparing my little guy, I have no idea! He will be 18 months when we go and I have no idea what to expect. He is generally a really great kid, very laid back like his daddy but he is also getting to the stage where he doesn't like to be contained. I think for the majority of the trip, he will dictate the pace and I am fine with that. I just want to survive the flight and then I think the rest will be cake! :rolleyes1

Where are you from? - North of Boston
Who will be going? - Me (Kristine), My DH and the Bday Girl...DD
When will you be going? - October 22nd-27th
Where are you staying? - POP
MNSSHP- YOU BET...that's half the reason we are going! We are going to the 10/25 party
How did you pick your resort - This is a bonus trip so we had to go cheap. We've stayed at POP before and enjoyed it. DD loves POP and this is "her" trip so it makes sense.
Any other info. you would like to share? - This is our first surprise trip! The suspense is killing me!!!
How are you filling the time- I'm a social worker so I'll be working my behind off until it's time to go. I'm also back to my pre-Disney gym schedule and SouthBeach diet (I'm on week 3 of diet, 5 on gym right now)...gotta look good for the only family pics I get all year!

Link to my PTR below!

this time in two weeks we'll be somewhere over the eastern seaboard, on our way to disney!!!

i was speaking with a nurse today about my bloodwork and i mentioned we were going to disney...she confided she was a huge fan, and only took her kids once but shes been 7 times and had never heard of the disboards! i told her to check us out!

Where are you from? - Maine
Who will be going? - Myself, My Spouse, DD 3 almost 4, DD 18 months, Grandma, Grandpa, Sister, BIL and Niece 5 yo
When will you be going? - October 22 through October 26
Where are you staying? - Caribean Beach Resort
How did you pick your resort -Grandma did "Merry Christmas" early!!!!
MNSSHP? - Yup! Need to make a Cinderella and Snow White Costume
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Reading Guide Books, reading forums, trying to prepare my family for the Magic
Any other info. you would like to share? My 1st trip to Disney in 12 years, my spouse's first ever as it will be for my daughters as well!

:cheer2:

Where are you from? - Maine
Who will be going? - Myself, My Spouse, DD 3 almost 4, DD 18 months, Grandma, Grandpa, Sister, BIL and Niece 5 yo
When will you be going? - October 22 through October 26
How did you pick your resort -Grandma did "Merry Christmas" early!!!!
MNSSHP? - Yup! Need to make a Cinderella and Snow White Costume
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Reading Guide Books, reading forums, trying to prepare my family for the Magic
Any other info. you would like to share? My 1st trip to Disney in 12 years, my spouse's first ever as it will be for my daughters as well!

:cheer2:

"Making" costumes???? If you are a sewer, make sure to come over to the Family Board and join our Disboutique sewing group!

Where are you from? Scotland

Who is going? Me, Dh, DS, DD, DD, SIL, SIL. DGS, DGD and our 2 DFD

When are we going ? 7th- 23rd October

Where are we staying? villa at Watersong resort because it is large enough for us to all stay together and not be in each other's pockets

Just so excited can't wait always on the DIS and disney sites

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Where are you from? -New Jersey
Who will be going? - Me, DH,DD,DD,DS,DD,DD,DGM,DGF
When will you be going? - October 11 through October 17
How did you pick your resort -The whole caribbean, like getting 2 vacations in one thing sounded really good and we promised ourselves last time that when we return we would move up to moderates and everyone agreed this one would be it.
How are we passing the time before trip? Going on Dis everyday to here the lasted news, confirming ADR''s, checking airfare daily, watching Disney DVD's and making daily schedules.

Hello October friends. Wanted to post a quick "hi" and bump our thread up. I also really wanted to see my ticker since we leave in less than two weeks now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting to the TWO WEEK MARK! I can't believe we started planning this trip in January! I think that is why I get so anxious that things go as planned; I have so much time and energy invested in this trip. I know when I get there I am more apt to "go with the flow" but until then...:scared1:

This upcoming weekend will be our last fee weekend until the trip. The weekend after if dh b-day party and them the week after we LEAVE FOR DISNEY ON THURSDAY Oct. 1st!!!

I just made and put up the two week chain for my ds to use as a countdown and I have been trying to get him use to some of the things we will be doing and seeing like reading books on plane rides and watching Disney clips on youtube. How is eveyone else preparing their little ones?

Yes We leave on Oct1st as well, we will be there until the 10th. Starting to fill my sons backpacks for the plane. They are 6 and 3. Got Disney color book, their leapsters, portable DVD player and some little surprises for them. I can't wait!!!! I have been at this since January as well.

We're going on the 31st. We don't do Halloween in Australia, so we thought that giving the kids the whole experience would be pretty cool.

Where are you from? - Abilene, TX
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DS(5), DS(2), MIL, FIL, and SIL
When will you be going? - October 24-31
Where are you staying? - Windsor Hills - our first time off-site (gulp!)
How did you pick your resort - We needed lots of space and a kitchen and we would have needed a grand villa onsite!
MNSSHP? - Nope
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, trying to find a lower rate for the rental car
Any other info. you would like to share? - We are taking my husband's parents for their first trip since they went to MK on their honeymoon in 1972, we're celebrating hubby's return from deployment too.

Where are you from? - Wisconsin
Who will be going? - Me, Mom, Brother and 8 other family members
When will you be going? - October 8-18
Where are you staying? - Coronado Springs
How did you pick your resort - Waterslide for the kids, heard it was quieter for the older adults. Always stayed in a value thought we would try a moderate this time.
MNSSHP? - Yes! October 12th Already have tickets
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, Work, Family Reunion, Birthday's and a local trail ride.
Any other info. you would like to share? We will be celebrating my brothers birthday while we are there. This is also a family vacation for my grandmother who will have her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren all in one spot.

1254985136.jpg

Where are you from? - Brazil (city: Sao Paulo)
Who will be going? - Me, My DH, My DDs (2 and 5), My Sister and brother in law.
When will you be going? - October 4 through October 25
Where are you staying? - Off site (Silver Lake Resort)
How did you pick your resort - I´m RCI Owner in my country so I exchanged my points for this resort. It has full kitchen, washer & dryer and 2 bd/sleeps 8.
MNSSHP? - Sure! Oct, 8.
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, reviewing my touring plan, doing autograph books & crafts for our trip.
Any other info. you would like to share? - This will be for both my DDs and brother in law first trip to Disney and our first Halloween ever. My last trip was in 2001 on my honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter