Who's taking the family in Oct. 2009!

When will you start packing for your Oct. vacation?

• Start? I've been packed and ready to go for weeks now!

• I start packing right around the 30 day mark!

• I usually start packing a few weeks before my trip.

• I'm packed up and ready to go the week before my trip.

• I'm usually still looking for my suitcases the night before the trip!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just did on-line check-in. Woo hoo...that must mean I am at the 10 DAY MARK! :cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo::cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo:

My son is going crazy with anticipation. He asked last night that if he ripped all the paper links off our countdown chain if that meant we could go sooner :rotfl2: I WISH!

I'm going to kill this week off by getting things ready for dh 40th b-day luau this Saturday then it's packing and off to the world on Oct. 1st!!!!

Let have a countdown! How many days until YOUR Oct. vacation?

We're going on the 31st. We don't do Halloween in Australia, so we thought that giving the kids the whole experience would be pretty cool.

Wow; this really will be a great trip for you guys! Have fun and Boo to you!:goodvibes

Just did on-line check-in. Woo hoo...that must mean I am at the 10 DAY MARK! :cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo::cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo:

My son is going crazy with anticipation. He asked last night that if he ripped all the paper links off our countdown chain if that meant we could go sooner :rotfl2: I WISH!

I'm going to kill this week off by getting things ready for dh 40th b-day luau this Saturday then it's packing and off to the world on Oct. 1st!!!!

Let have a countdown! How many days until YOUR Oct. vacation?

We Leave 11 DAYS from today, but don't check in for 12 days. I am going by the 11 day mark 'cause that 1 day makes a difference for us!!!

Where are you from? - Texas (new to TX, moved here in July!)
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DS #1 7yo, DS #2 3yo, my 73 yo Dad
When will you be going? - October 9 through 17
Where are you staying? - Split Stay Beach Club Villas/Saratoga Springs
How did you pick your resort - Had a recent change in trip dates, so took whatever DVC resort we could get
MNSSHP? - Yes, Oct 15th
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Work, unpacking (yes still unpacking from our move 2 months ago!), trying to snag Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier ADRs

Who: DM, DD, ME!, DS3, Nieces 8 & 9, Sister, BIL (Daddy is staying home he has to work)
Going: Oct. 19-24
Staying: Port Orleans Riverside
Pick resort?: It's our "home" resort. We have stayed here many times!
MNSSHP: Oct. 22nd
Filling time for vacation?: Shopping for the trip, cruising the Dis! and endless chat about our free dining!

SO jealous that so many of you are going so soon!!! I have to wait till the end of Oct. But had a little bit of good fortune the other day. :wizard: Was making a list of things we still need to get for the trip, just the little extras like big ziplock bags, an extra bottle brush for DS's cups, those sorts of things. As I was doing it, mail arrived and there was a rebate in there from my new cell phone that I totally forgot about! Wahoo!!! It should cover all those little items and them some. I love happy little suprises like that!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Just wanted to officially welcome aboard:

MommytoJameson - This will be our ds's first trip. he will be 4 in December. I know all kids are different but I would love to hear how your little one did at 2. What he enjoyed, how you planned naps, etc.

Sorry, I'm a little late on my reply! Been working some overtime to save up some spending money for the big trip! LOL When we went last year, he was 2 years 9 months old. He did shockingly well! LOL I work nights, so he had always been a kid that would sleep in until 9:30 or so, and then stay up till about 9:30, so we stuck with that schedule. We never made a rope drop, but at least I had a happy rested child, and he never knew the difference! :rotfl:

We would usually get up around 9:00 and head to the parks, and we usually ended up staying to watch the afternoon parades and then we would leave right after the parade ended to go back to the room for a nap(usually around 3ish). Then we'd sleep a couple hours(even the teens and myself), and then head to our dinner reservations. We stayed in the parks until at least 10. I also had my 2 teen siblings with us, so the night of MNSSHP we even stayed there until midnight, and just slept in until 11 the next morning! LOL

We took a stroller from home, and we will be doing that again next month...he'll be almost 4. It is just TOO MUCH WALKING for a little kid.

My son rode EVERYTHING he was tall enough for, and then cried when he couldn't ride TOT & Splash Mountain with the big kids. He's tall enough this year, so I figure I will let him try it! LOL The only thing that he was scared of was Fantasmic. He had his eyes covered and I had my hands over his ears the entire time! :( We'll be skipping it this year!

The weekend crowds were CRAZY at MK. We made the mistake of going there Saturday in between the 2 MNSSHP nights, and it was packed! The one day we had really long lines...45 mins to an hour. So this year we are going Tues thru Tues and I am having Saturday be our "resting day" to just swim at the hotel. I figure we'll just avoid the parks that day! :)

If you have any more questions, just let me know! My son had a blast, and he remembers everything(even though i had some people say I was crazy for taking him so young and he'd never remember it! LOL) Any time a disney movie or cartoon starts and it shows teh castle he gets excited and say's
Can we go to Mickey's house now?" LOL It's so adorable! And he thinks every airplane he sees is going to "Mickey's house"!

Sorry this was so long! LOL

I just made and put up the two week chain for my ds to use as a countdown and I have been trying to get him use to some of the things we will be doing and seeing like reading books on plane rides and watching Disney clips on youtube. How is eveyone else preparing their little ones?

We bought some of the Disney Sing A long Song videos that are of Disneyland, Animal Kingdom, etc... There is even a Halloween Haunting one that shows the parks decorated for Halloween. They show a lot of the rides/characters and my son loves watching them! You can find the VHS versions on ebay for $1-$3!

Ok I'm jumping on the October wagon!

Where are you from? - North of Boston, MA
Who will be going? - Me, DD5 (will turn 6 there) and DD14 months
When will you be going? - October 15-25
Where are you staying? - Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House
How did you pick your resort - I am a DVC member and haven't stayed there before and thought the kids would love the savannah view from the room.
MNSSHP? - yes, we did it 2 years ago for my DD5's 4th birthday and she just loved it.
How are you keeping busy? DD5 just started kindergarden, was keeping busy with work but got laid off last week (at least now I have no excuse for not being packed as I am one who is still packing the day of trip :-) ), doctor appts, death in the family, disboards, and lots of fun surfing sites and planning trip!
Any other info. you would like to share? - While my DD5 has been to disney 6 times and has done wonderful on each trip, this is my DD14 months first trip(unless you count being there in the womb) and I'm a little worried about the plane. She is very hyper and does not like sitting still so now that I'm not working I think I am going to change the flight time so that it falls into her nap schedule and hope she sleeps. If not this will certainly we an "interesting" flight.
Outside the park we will be visting Sea World for a day. It's been a few years since we've visited and my DD14 months LOVES animals so I think she'll like it there.
Tomorrow I will make the countdown chain to mark 3 weeks till our trip....I can't wait!

Where are you from? Houston, TX
Who will be going? - Me, DH, and DD (age 3.5)
When will you be going? - October 13-20
Where are you staying? - Animal Kingdom Savanna View
How did you pick your resort - We wanted to stay here when we went on our honeymoon in Oct 2003, but went for GF instead. So excited! Esepcially about the view!
MNSSHP? - Planning on it one night....need to buy tickets!
How are you keeping busy? Work!!!!!!!!!!
Any other info. you would like to share? Really excited, this is my daughter's first visit and she just can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been enjoying buying her custom Disney outfits for each day we are there! YAY!

Where are you from? Charlotte, NC
Who will be going? - 5 of us (DH, me, and 3 sons)
When will you be going? - October 16-23
Where are you staying? - Off site condo
How did you pick your resort - cost and availability of SkyAuction
MNSSHP? - No
How are you keeping busy? Plenty to do around here!~
Any other info. you would like to share?

Not really. We just went at the beginning of Sept. We have never gone this close together, but I had a couple weeks of condos that were expiring, so we decided to go for it.

We will be doing the waterparks, Disney Quest, and DH and the boys go golfing while there, so it won't be just the parks.

We are officially in the teen countdown to our DW trip!!! Only 18 days and we are driving down!!!

Where are you from? Vally, Alabama
Who will be going? - 3 of us! Me, DH, and DS(5)
When will you be going? - October 13-18th
Where are you staying? - All Star Sports
How did you pick your resort? - First time for staying on site and reviewed each of the Value resorts carefully and this is the one I chose!!
MNSSHP? - No
How are you keeping busy? Work, work, work... and plan, plan, plan!!!
Any other info. you would like to share? Well, this is the first trip for the 3 of us! I absolutely can't wait!! DH is a little aprihinsive (spelling??) but.. we are going to have a blast! I think I"m more excited than DS! :rotfl:

Well friends, it is countdown week! I got the kids packed up on Sunday and will start on dh and I tomorrow I think. Gotta be ready to pack up Thursday night and leave early Friday! Pixie dust :wizard: to all of us for a smooth trip and a great vacation!

this time tomorrow we'll be arriving in newark. so much to do- not enough time, hubby may be getting the nite off tonite tho, which would be awesome!

Ok, so I'm starting to pack and I went to the Dollar Store the other day to pick up some things, but, I wanted to know if there was any last minute things anyone could think of. Anything that ya'll can remember? I just want to make sure I'm thinking of everything. I don't want to get down there and have to make a trip to Wal-Mart when I should be spending all the time in The World!!! :cool1:

Where are you from? - New Jersey
Who will be going? - Me, my ds (5.5), my dd (4), my dh, my dmil
When will you be going? - October 17 through October 24
Where are you staying? - Bay Lake tower
How did you pick your resort - We are dvc members
MNSSHP? - Probably not. My kids have a hard time staying up past 7:30pm without all the running around for rides all day.
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, reviewing my touring plan.
Any other info. you would like to share? - This will be my children's first trip to Disney. They are WAY excited. and so are we.

Where are you from? - Texas
Who will be going? - Me, My DH, My DD(29), SIL(30), SIL PARENTS, DGD (4), DGD (2)
When will you be going? - October 24 - November 1
Where are you staying? - POFQ
How did you pick your resort - Love the New Orleans atmosphere
MNSSHP? - not this time
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards and making clothes fo the granddaughters to wear.
Any other info. you would like to share? - This is our granddaughters first trip and plane ride. We are so excited. We will be celebrating 4 our our birthdays while we are there.:grouphug::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter