Who's taking the family in Oct. 2009!

When will you start packing for your Oct. vacation?

• Start? I've been packed and ready to go for weeks now!

• I start packing right around the 30 day mark!

• I usually start packing a few weeks before my trip.

• I'm packed up and ready to go the week before my trip.

• I'm usually still looking for my suitcases the night before the trip!

Results are only viewable after voting.

peekinglemer

Mouseketeer
Have not found an October 2009 thread yet and I'm getting too excited to keep it all to myself. DH loves Disney but even HE thinks I'm crazy and obsessed. (I do the spread sheets, daily plans, ADR index cards, etc.) I know we will probably follow maybe 1/2 of what I have planned out but to me the planning is more about making the wait time go by faster. I'm one of those gals that likes to keep busy.

So, if you feel like waiting out the next month with me I would love to have you along for the ride I like to call "Disney or Bust"! :grouphug:

How about a roll call? I'll go first.

Where are you from? - NYS
Who will be going? - Me, my ds (3.5) and my dh
When will you be going? - October 1 through October 9
Where are you staying? - All Star Sports
How did you pick your resort - Sports is the first stop on the bus route.
MNSSHP? - probably but I am going to wait and get tickets at the park.
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, moms panel and reviewing my touring plan.
Any other info. you would like to share? - This will be my son's first trip to Disney and his first plane ride. He hates elevators so I hope he doesn't geek in the plane.

Oh, one more question...are you planning to do any "non-Disney" attractions while you are there? - We are going to do a day of Sea World.

Where are you from? - Massachusetts
Who will be going? - Me, My DH, My DD(3), DD(2), my sister, my bil and my nephew
When will you be going? - October 14 through October 20
Where are you staying? - All Star movies
How did you pick your resort - I liked the pics online
MNSSHP? - yup we already have the tickets
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards and reviewing my touring plan.
Any other info. you would like to share? - This is our DDs first trip and plane ride like your son. I am worried for the plane too lol Last time I went to Disney was in 2003 and it was my Honeymoon

Yes we are going to Seaworld for 1 day

Where are you from? - Ottawa Ontario Canada
Who will be going? - Me, My DH, DD18, DS16, DS12 and DS6
When will you be going? - October 28th through October 31st, then again on Nov. 1st
Where are you staying? - Caribbean Beach Club
How did you pick your resort - Been there and loved it!
MNSSHP? - Could NOT miss that one! Halloween Night!
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards and reviewing my touring plan, making pirate costumes, FE's and magnets to decorate our Stateroom door for our Disney Cruise after WDW.
Any other info. you would like to share? - This is our second trip doing a Land/Sea vacation. The first was a Gift of a Wish from the Children's Wish Foundation, and this second trip is our gift to our Children to celebrate our DD End of CHEMO/End of Cancer!

Hi, I'll chime in!

Where are you from? - Phoenix, Az
Who will be going? - Me(Grandma), DH(Grandpa), DD28, SIL27, DGS7, & DGD 2 3/4yrs.
When will you be going? - October 2 through October 10
Where are you staying? - OKW- 7 nights, All Star Music-1 night
How did you pick your resort - DD's timeshare deal!
MNSSHP? - Not this time:sad1: Unless....;)
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, new promotion at work, reviewing my touring plan, trying not to change it all!

We will be celebrating my grandsons 8th birthday on the 4th. We'll try out T Rex that night. This will be my DGDs first trip to WDW. Well, she was there in her mommy's tummy in 2006.:goodvibes She just keeps saying, "I can't wait to see Mickey"!

Where are you from? - Louisville, KY
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DS 6 and DD 3
When will you be going? - Oct 24 to Oct 29th
Where are you staying? - Wilderness Lodge
How did you pick your resort - Went last year and loved it
MNSSHP? - yes, DH picked this week just so we would go to a party
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, planning a different vacation '[;;;;;;;;for next year
Any other info. you would like to share? - Actually we didn't really plan on a return trip this soon, so I am just glad we can go back. Last year was our first trip.

And we will only be staying on property, Next trip I want to check out Universal for the Harry Potter area.

tjbaggott - What a WONDERFUL reason to celebrate! Sending you extra pixie dust for a fabulous trip! :banana:

tkitty - my husband's birthday is October 4th also. But he will be celebrating 40 years not 8. He wants to do teppan Edo so we will be in Epcot that day.

kevschickee - we will be in Boston on the 11th for a Red Sox game. My husband is from Mass. It is going to be hard on our son growing up a Red Sox fan in NYS!!!

h518may - I am already planning our next trip too. A cruise on Carnival Dream for MY 40th! And...I LOVE Harry Potter so I am also looking forward to Potter World. My dh...ah, not so much. hee hee

Where are you from? - Dallas, TX
Who will be going? - Grand Gathering of 10: Me, DH, DS (4), DD (6), MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL and two nephew (4,6)
When will you be going? - Oct 15 to Oct 19th
Where are you staying? - Caribbean Beach - new pirate rooms!!! Aargh!!
How did you pick your resort - Just upgraded for the pirate stuff!
MNSSHP? - Not this time
How are you filling time until your vacation? - DIS, planning, checking, re-checking, planning, Disney scrapbooking (gotta finish the one from last time!)
Any other info. you would like to share? - DH and I are celebrating our 10 year anniv. while we're there!

SOOO excited!!!!

tjbaggott - What a WONDERFUL reason to celebrate! Sending you extra pixie dust for a fabulous trip! :banana:

tkitty - my husband's birthday is October 4th also. But he will be celebrating 40 years not 8. He wants to do teppan Edo so we will be in Epcot that day.

kevschickee - we will be in Boston on the 11th for a Red Sox game. My husband is from Mass. It is going to be hard on our son growing up a Red Sox fan in NYS!!!

h518may - I am already planning our next trip too. A cruise on Carnival Dream for MY 40th! And...I LOVE Harry Potter so I am also looking forward to Potter World. My dh...ah, not so much. hee hee

Oh man NOOOOOOO not the Yankees. Your son is going to be brought up the right way with Red Sox in his heart :thumbsup2

hi jeffsamber -welcome aboard the October train! Would love to hear a trip report when you get back. Would love to hear how the whole "grand gathering" thing works. :goodvibes

Oh man NOOOOOOO not the Yankees. Your son is going to be brought up the right way with Red Sox in his heart :thumbsup2

I started to like the sox just because my husband was such a fan but he told me I was a jinx. It started with the Bruins. I liked Joe Thornton and Billy Geiren (sp) and they both got traded. Then I started to really like Nomar...we know where this story goes. :scared1:

Where are you from? - halifax, nova scotia, canada
Who will be going? - Me, dd 4, ds 2, and dh
When will you be going? - september 30th through October 8
Where are you staying? - All Star movies
How did you pick your resort - Stayed there last time...loved it!
MNSSHP? - nope.
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, facebook, running the kids to appts, a wedding this weekend, mortgage renewal(yeah that has taken a lotttt of time!)
Any other info. you would like to share? - this is our kids first trip to disney...after a rough year including a molar pregnancy dh kept asking what do you want to do for our tenth wedding anny? finally i said disney!!! i am surprising him with a camo cake at 1900 park fare on our last nite! with mr and mrs potato head on top!
we are taking a day off to rest in the middle but will not be going off site.

Where are you from? -Central Illinois
Who will be going? - Me, dh, ds 10, ds6, dneph7, dmil, dfil, dsil
When will you be going? - October 3 through October 10
Where are you staying? - All Star Sports
How did you pick your resort - The boys picked it!
MNSSHP? - October 6
Any other info. you would like to share? - This is our second trip and We leave 30 days from TODAY:woohoo: First trip with the inlaws. We will be driving, but not straight through. I have started packing already!

Where are you from? - Ohio
Who will be going? - Me, Wife, DS (4), DD (2)
When will you be going? - October 1 through October 11
Where are you staying? - Hilton Grand Vacation Club on I-Drive
How did you pick your resort - Timeshare ownership
MNSSHP? - Yes but going to wait until we get there to decide if we will go on the Thursday or Friday night near the end of the trip...whichever has the best weather forcast

Where are you from? - Detroit, MI
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DD4 and DS2
When will you be going? - October 2 through October 9
Where are you staying? - Pop
How did you pick your resort - I just picked one of the values, since Pop is the newest I picked it.
MNSSHP? - I *hope* so, I'm trying to talk DH into it. I'm planning costumes for the kids. We'll buy tix when we get there, since I definately don't want to go in the rain.
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Sewing! I've been making outfits for DD that are Disney themed.

This is the kids first trip, and my first time onsite. We're going character crazy with meals at Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's dinner at the GF, the princess breakfast in Norway and CRT. We can't wait to see how the kids react! We're also planning to see DH's grandma while we're in FL and spend day at the beach.

Where are you from? - Cincinnati
Who will be going? - Me, DS-10, DS-9, DD-8
When will you be going? - October 7 through October 13
Where are you staying? - Pop Century
How did you pick your resort - DD wants to swim in the Hippy Dippy Pool :rotfl:
MNSSHP? - Probably on the 8th.
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, trying to figure out what kind of luggage I need.. :rolleyes1

Any other info. you would like to share? - This is the kids' first plane ride. Our first trip to WDW just the 4 of us (their first trip last year was with the grandparents and aunts).

Where are you from? - New Jersey
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DD(5), DS(4months)
When will you be going? - October 12 through October 18
Where are you staying? - 3 BR 3BA Townhouse in Windsor Hills
How did you pick your resort - DH wanted private pool
MNSSHP? - Waiting until we check the weather
How are you filling time until your vacation? DIS boards, shopping, touring plans, more shopping, reading the Unofficial Guide and Passporter, and making decisions for our November 2010 Disney vacation (just booked Disney cruise portion of that trip today) :banana:.
Any other info. you would like to share? - This is our DDs first trip and we will be celebrating her 5th birthday. She has no idea what to expect, lots of surprises in store! :wizard:

Where are you from? - Milwaukee
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DD-7, DD-7, DS-7, DS-7
When will you be going? - October 10 through October 17
Where are you staying? - Port Orleans French Quarter
How did you pick your resort - Stayed there before pre-kids
MNSSHP? - No, kids won't be able to stay up that late - next trip!
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, waiting until we tell the kids on their birthday, October 1st!

Where are you from? Chicago
Who will be going? Me, Dh, DD6, DD3
When will you be going? October 13-19th
Where are you staying? Pop Century
How did you pick your resort? Been there the last two trips and we love it!..feels like "home"
MNSSHP? - Definitely! October 18th
How are you filling time until your vacation? Disboards, and let's see,:surfweb: more Disboards ;) and working some extra hours for extra spending $$
Any other info you would like to share? We had absolutely no intention of going to WDW this year but we couldn't resist and decided a few days ago to go ahead and plan a trip for next month. Our daughters have NO idea and we are going to suprise them on the 13th when we wake them up with the news: "SURPRISE.... We're going to Disney World...Today!" :woohoo:
Can't wait to see their reaction but Not telling them is soo hard!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter