Who is going in august/when/where

i-smLp2F7-XL.jpg

Typical August morning ropedrop!:scared1: We were back about 20 feet from the rope.

Jack

What date or day of week in August is that picture from? :scared:

I'm a WDW vet / DLR one-timer heading to DLR Mon Aug 20-Thu 23.

Thanks to the advice on this board, currently reserved at BWPPI. Also circling around Hojo and Candy Cane Inn if their prices come down.

This was a Wednesday when the SoCal passes were blocked, you will be going when they are un-blocked.

Jack

Wow really crowded! So anyone here been to MTTMM, is it worth it! One comes with our package! :cool1:

We will be there Aug. 23-28. Staying at FFI again! :banana: I am looking forward to the summer excitement!! Hurry up August!:yay:

Staying overight Aug. 18th in a 2 bdrm villa @ Grand California! It was hard to get anything over this summer! Thinking of doing EARLY check in Sat morning for the MM. I think they said it was okay but I'm SURE the room won't be ready until after 2pm. They could always hang at the pool or lounge around in the hotel lobby to catch a break from the long lines. I know MM is on Sunday as well but just another chance for the kids to get a little extra time in!

We ended up switching our reservation. Our dates are the same but we are now staying at HOJO. We were able to get a kids suite. :banana:

August 27th to Sept 3rd, staying at DLH:yay: Will be running my first 1/2 Marathon! We've booked but are eagerly awaiting those summer specials too!

i-9MJdHQs-XL.jpg

Mansion at a little past noon!
Looks like Thanksgiving weekend, after Pirates re-opened, after being closed for months... the Q had a switchback a few times...
Love summer at DLR, brings back my childhood...Thanks BlackJack!

~ lori

I have to say the pictures are scaring me a little! we were last there in June, with SO CA passholders unblocked and World of Color just opened and we didn't have crowds even close to that. The only time it felt crowded was last in the evenings getting around Fantasmic crowds and trying to exit on Main Street to get my tired kids to bed.

I'm sure we will still have a great time...but yikes!!

I have to say the pictures are scaring me a little! we were last there in June, with SO CA passholders unblocked and World of Color just opened and we didn't have crowds even close to that. The only time it felt crowded was last in the evenings getting around Fantasmic crowds and trying to exit on Main Street to get my tired kids to bed.

I'm sure we will still have a great time...but yikes!!

Just what it looked like last year prior to the SoCal unblocking. You will have a great time, just thought people might want to see some August shots.

Jack

Just what it looked like last year prior to the SoCal unblocking. You will have a great time, just thought people might want to see some August shots.
I have been going off from the general advice to try to visit when the SoCal AP holders are blocked and have a trip planned from 8/12 - 18. Would the crowds look any better the following week when all the AP blocks are lifted?

I have been going off from the general advice to try to visit when the SoCal AP holders are blocked and have a trip planned from 8/12 - 18. Would the crowds look any better the following week when all the AP blocks are lifted?
I would think much worse, we just plan where and what we want to do to try and not ride the rides like the pictures I posted.

Jack

We went there last year the same time I think (12th-16th or so) and it didn't seem that bad. We got there at opening, and it never seemed as crowded as the photos depict (maybe because we weren't at the rope-the the side?) Whatever time we were there we we maybe had 10 people ahead of us at Peter Pan when we got there. We were in our room 12-4.

Thanks Jack and cgh. This will be my first trip to the DLR and those pictures scared me a little. I'm going to leave my plans as is and focus on planning well.

Jack

I like the pictures, even if they scare me :goodvibes.

and thanks, I know we will have a great time. We will be at Disneyland!! How bad can it be. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter