Who here is not in the "clique" like me? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I'm checking in really quick in between writing my final for school and baking my cake for my cake decorating class tomorrow. I had to make two cakes because the first one cracked! :furious: Now I just need to make some more icing. I am worn out!

I'll catch up later.

Tinkerbell_Girl said:
Hi everyone!

I'm checking in really quick in between writing my final for school and baking my cake for my cake decorating class tomorrow. I had to make two cakes because the first one cracked! :furious: Now I just need to make some more icing. I am worn out!

I'll catch up later.

Nicole...sorry about your cake. Good luck with your final! :cheer2:

Okay I'm finally all caught up!

YM- I hope your DS feels better, I love the vase!

Lyzziesmom- I hope you have fun at the ballet tonight. Cute pics of the girls!

Jessica- 18 days! Have fun!

Ashley- Yea! The Rockets won! Sure I'll see what we have down here.

Nicole: sounds like you are one busy girl tonight! I didn't realize cake decorating class was so much work. But now that I think of it, I don't know where I thought the cakes would come from.

Donna: I was going to say something to you, but I completely forgot! How silly of me.

YM: Oh no! I hope your DS feels better soon. That does make a bad day for everyone. I have been lucky, neither of my girls have ever vomited more than once, and both of them were due to cases of extremis jumparounditis.

The Nutcracker was fun! It was beautifully done and we had a really nice time.

I am pretty sad tonight. After we got home, I had a talk with DBF and we decided that he just can't give me what I need emotionally. It was really hard because we do like each other a lot, and he seemed genuinely surprised and hurt. I know it's for the best but it still really hurts, and I am now feeling like I should have just kept my mouth shut.

I finished helping Lyzzie with her heritage project and she just needs to practice it a few more times. The girl is very good at reading aloud, she puts a lot of emotion into it and makes a lot of eye contact. I hope she does well, she is pretty nervous about it.

Lyzziesmom, :grouphug: for you. I know it was hard but for whats it worth I think your gut reaction is always right! Its female intuition! Glad the Nutcracker was good! Tell Lyzzie good luck on her project!

Keagansmom, hope Keagan is feeling better!

YM, hope your little one gets to feeling better quick!

Pozey, how did the boys do?

Nicole, have fun at your class! I might have to sign up for one once the holiday is over.

Donna, I liked Deck the Halls alright, not a favorite, but I love Matthew Broderick and Kristin Chenowith. Kristin sings Oh Holy Night at the end which made the rest of the foolishness worth sitting through. Would not see it again and definitely won't be buying it. I didn't think it was all that appropriate for kids...if you do see it you will know why...

So, I just got a reminder that I need to pay for Chris's DVDs and they still haven't sent me a reply to either of my emails to them! :mad: Needless to say I sent them sort of a nasty email about the nerve to send me a reminder when the have not replied to my question...hope that I didnt' burn the bridge but if they don't email me back by end of the day tomorrow I am going straight to Ebay with my complaint.

Finally got our Christmas letter printed and if there is enough ink in the printer the letters should go out midweek! Don't forget to include a recipe in your cards/letters if you want to!

Later my friends!

Hi guys! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

We've been pretty busy 'round here this weekend, so I haven't had a chance to log on.

Well......neither of the boys won anything Friday night. Chase wasn't that upset, but Colton was VERY upset. He just KNEW he would at least be in the top 5.

But they changed the rules this year......it was not judged by age group. Everyone....from 1st grade all the way through High School was judged all together. I thought that was a bit unfair.

However.......both of their drawings were selected to continue on to the State Level.

Hi, everyone!! Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.

Nicole:: Sounds like you've been one busy chica!!! Good luck with your class tomorrow night! Do you get to pick how you decorate your cake, or do all the class members do the same thing?

lyzziesmom:: Glad to hear you enjoyed The Nutcracker. Sorry to hear about the DBF. Perhaps some day you'll realize it's for the best. Hugs to you. :grouphug:
Tell Lyzzie good luck with her Heritage assignment. I'm sure she'll to terrific!!! :thumbsup2

Lin:: I hope you get the Ebay problem resolved. That is pretty nervy of the seller wanting their $$!!! Hang in there and fight it out, we'll be right behind you!!! :teeth:
Thanks for the advice about Deck The Halls. I'll remember when it comes ot on DVD to screen it first, if we rent it.

pozey::I just read about the boys contest. It's pretty cool that they get to continue on to state. Having them compete against high school age kids seems pretty unfair to me. :sad2:

Well, I have my Christmas card list sitting in front of me, but haven't done much else. Had a big ordeal about trying to edit my pics. Went to a different Walmart where you have to wait an hour for the prints...duh!! I didn't even realize they had 4 stations that offered different services!!! :furious: I'm pretty new at having my pics printed out, guess I'll get the hang of it eventually. It's really frustrating to me because I really wanted to have the pics done today!! If you get a pic of my family and it's too dark, please just ignore it, ok??? :rolleyes1 :crazy: :sad1: :crazy2: :(

YourMajesty said:
124-2481_IMG.jpg

My DH sent me these yesterday at work...they are so cute! :love:
GOOD hubby!! :thumbsup2

Good Evening!

Lyzziesmom- :grouphug: It's for the best. I'm glad you and the girlies had a good time at the ballet.

Pozey- That's great the boys drawings will move on to state, but unfair that everything was lumped together for the competition.

I finally finished my paper and guess what it was on... Disney World! I had to write about my dream trip so I picked WDW. Typing it make me long to go back.

My cake is a mess but it will have to do. It just looks so bad! I am going to put a flower design on it. I'll take a pic of it if it doesn't come out too bad.

Been a little slow on the Cliqueless thread today. :joker:

Well, I addressed and stamped the envelopes to my Christmas cards. Hopefully by tomorrow evening I will have some pictures to put in them.

I have forgotten to mention I received a letter from Disney a couple of days ago explaining the semi-closing of POR's food court. It had my address on it but another name on the envelope....so if anyone on the Dis is named Karen Bauer, I guess I got your mail?? :confused3

How's everyone doing tonight??

ETA... Nicole, what a great topic for your school paper!! :thumbsup2
Please take a picture of your first decorated cake!!! It's got to be lots better than what I could do!!! :blush:

Lyzzie's poster for her heritage project:
Dec2006037.jpg

She also made some cookies that she will be sharing with the class, and passing out copies of the recipe.

Donna: I totally understand about the Christmas cards! I have mine sitting in the car. They are handmade and not quite done, I just can't seem to get motivated to finish them. I also don't have enough pictures to put inside. I plan to scan the pictures I have and print some copies, I hope they come out ok! That's funny about Walmart and waiting for your pictures! I have my own photo printer, so I wouldn't have a clue what to do at the kiosk at the store.

pozey: that's too bad that the boys didn't win anything, but at least they get to continue to participate! I hate when they don't judge things based on age. There is no way to compare an elementary school child's work to that of a high school age teen.

Lin: don't pay for the DVDs! I don't blame you for sending a nastygram. It sounds like they have quite a racket going.

I think I'll be taking my Ambien tonight... just can't seem to shut the ol' brain off and get sleepy. Lots to do at work tomorrow (relatively)! Still not sure yet if I like the new job. I miss the old one, I really felt like I belonged there and I'm not feeling that here. Yet.

Okay, listen to this one-----I went to Chesterfield Mall today. It is near my parents' home, so I called my mom to see if she wanted to meet me. Of course, I did this only AFTER I checked out what I wanted to get her-----I'm not that ditzy. :teeth: Anyway, we shopped a bit and about 1:30 or so, we were starving, so we peeked down to the lower level at the food court and it was packed with people, plus we didn't really want to eat junky stuff, so we opted for California Pizza Kitchen for a bowl of soup. So, we continued on and then separated to go to our opposite -end- of- the- mall -parked cars. I needed to run a couple of other errands in the mall and in the area, but then was going to head over to their house to talk to my dad and to pick up a few things. So, I was driving and my sister calls me on my cell phone----"are you alright??"

:confused3 :confused3

She proceeds to tell me that a friend of hers called and said that a huge light fixture in Chesterfield Mall's food court came crashing down----- :scared1: -----they said glass flew everywhere. I don't know anymore details but I know when I was there the place was jammed packed with people. I am going to watch the 10:00 news to see if they say anything about it.
This is just too strange and sad.
They just added this wing onto the mall less than a year ago. We had just walked through the center of the food court about an hour earlier to get to the brand new Borders that was added about a month ago.
Wierd.

2x: that is scary! Glad you weren't there when the light fixture fell. I hope the place cleared out before that and nobody was seriously hurt.

I once woke up and my ceiling fan, including the lights, was in the center of the room dangling from the electrical wires. Somehow I slept through it falling off the ceiling! I know that doesn't even compare, but the whole thing about falling light fixtures reminded me of it.

It sounds like you had a nice time at the mall. I wish my mom liked shopping - she usually just likes to tell me I'm spending too much money and ask if it's time to go home yet.

lyzziesmom:: Aaahh...Lyzzie's poster is awesome!!! I can tell she has worked hard just by looking at it...so much detail and information. If she doesn'tget an "A" on this one I think we'll ALL be talking to her teacher!! :teacher:

2x2s:: How scary about the Food court's light fixture!! I certainly hope no one was hurt!!! Let me know if you hear something on the news!! Chesterfield Mall is one of my personal favorites, too. I'm glad you weren't anywhere around!!!

Gary found quite a deal on a Sirius radio today at Radio Shack. It was clearanced to 59.99 and had two rebates for $30 each!! I told him this is what I would get him for Christmas....and to give me back my penny!! ;)

Checking in....whew...things got worse and then better with DS. Looks like it was a little viral thing on top of the sinus. I got a little nervous this afternoon because he didn't want to move his head around. After an afternoon of sleeping, a little water and crackers he was much much better. :thumbsup2 I guess I will resart his antibiotic in the am if the ped gives the ok.

Lyzzeismom...glad you enjoyed the Nutcracker. Lyzzies project looks great. Sorry about you and DFB. A little heartache now might save more in the future...I'm sure it's not feeling very good right now. :grouphug:

Nicole...it's your first cake...I bet you are learning a ton. I try to decorate my kids cake...without much success. I would love to try a class too.

Donna...the picture projects always take a nice chunk of time. :rolleyes: I had a little photo party at my house and it has turned into a mess. The photographer isn't following through in a timely fashion. Plus, she made one lady mad by taking silly pitures of her kids. :sad2: I won't be trying that again. Mine will be late too. I hope to be sending them by Saturday!

Lin...darn bout the dvds...what a scam. Glad you had a weekend off! Do you work tomorrow?

Babe...did you escape another disaster.... :smooth: Hope no one was hurt.

Well, I'm starting to crash a little here.... :cloud9: Hope the night is uneventful. I think I forgot to mention I cleaned up throw up from Sophie several times this past week...always sometime after midnight. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The vet was not concerned about it...maybe he will come for clean up? ;)

YM::Sorry to hear about all the sickness in your household. Hopefully DS and Sophie will get better really soon!!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to call it a night!! :cloud9:

2x2s::Did your hear anything on the news? Gary was finishing watching a foolball game, I didn't watch the news tonight.

Good night everyone and........

Good-Night.jpg

Donna-----what?? You couldn't see breakfast either?? What's up with that??? :badpc: :badpc: Well, it was a WCC skillet filled with eggs, Mickey waffles, bacon, big ol honkin bisuits (that's a Minnissotan thing, huh Lin??)
and sausage gravy in the middle. I'm sorry you missed out.
before P&P party sounds good to me---then we can take the boat over to MK. I think they know me on that boat dock by now. I'm a regular. :teeth:
Okay, you're making me cry with the slipper!!!! :grouphug:
So, the Target girl liked the pirate too, huh?? :teeth:
OMG----it still hurts when I laugh since my bad night on Friday----ya know after being sick, your ribs are really tender------well-----let's just say that I am really hurting now----because of your Ms. Bauer comment!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Lyzziesmom----yum, thanks for your recipe of Monkeybread. I'll have to try that. Too bad you didn't have the fixins.
Oh, and my saying-----sing it to the tune of "Chatanooga Choo Choo" :teeth:
Awww, lyzziesmom---I just read!!!! I'm so sorry about the BF. As sad as it may be, I think you knew deep down. Maybe someday he will grow up a bit and be able to give more of himself and your paths will cross again. In the meantime, keep your dreams and goals in mind and it will happen for you, whether it is him, or someone else. You deserve what's best for you, but I know how deeply you are hurting right now. :grouphug: :grouphug: There is a plan---we may not know it, but there is. :grouphug: We're here for ya, sista.
Good luck to Lyzzie on her presentation. I'm sure she's a bit nervous, but she seems like a confident little cookie. I have a hard time speaking in front of a group of people, unless I am medicated. :teeth:
I laugh if/when I ride Maelstrom and they say "........girlza anda bouyyza". :rotfl2:
Don't fret about the job----it's too early to tell. Didn't you make some new friends there the other night at the rat-for-a-pet lady's house??

Nicole----what did you do with the other cracked cake?? :bitelip:
I'm sure your finished one is great. Remember, you're just starting, so don't worry. Practice, practice, practice. (and send some of those practices our way :teeth: )

Lin---good luck with Chris' DVDs. I'm the old-fashioned one----I'd rather call on the phone. Or, at least, take the horse and buggy out and go there myself. :teeth:

Pozey---too bad about the competition. It is unfair though ,to group this age span together. There's no comparison. Will it be the same judging system at State level?? I know this was hard to handle, but the boys should be very proud to move on like this!!

YM----ding ding ding-----you knew the song!!!!! GOOD GIRL!!!!! You get a prize. Cherry Pop Tart?? Saltine Cracker?? I know, I know-------cherry twizzler?? :teeth:
I'm sorry to hear about your DS. :grouphug: :grouphug: Hope he feels better really soon!!!!

wierd-----I have two screens going----and my green light isn't on. :confused3 :confused3

Donna---a football game is still on NBC Channel 5, so the news should come on after this. I saw the "teaser" and they did mention it, so I'm trying to stay up and watch.

YM----maybe I should have been there so Morelli and Ranger could have come to my rescue. :teeth:

DonnaLeah said:
YM::Sorry to hear about all the sickness in your household. Hopefully DS and Sophie will get better really soon!!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to call it a night!! :cloud9:

2x2s::Did your hear anything on the news? Gary was finishing watching a foolball game, I didn't watch the news tonight.

Good night everyone and........

Good-Night.jpg

Good night DonnaDuck...(kinda close to a tweety bird) :teeth:

2xcited2slp said:
Donna---a football game is still on NBC Channel 5, so the news should come on after this. I saw the "teaser" and they did mention it, so I'm trying to stay up and watch.

YM----maybe I should have been there so Morelli and Ranger could have come to my rescue. :teeth:

Well, if you had stuck around I'm sure you would have bumped into them. Then they could have drawn straws on who was going to follow you home. :love: :moped: What is the web for channel five?

ETA...yes the cherry licorice well work :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter