Who here is not in the "clique" like me? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm back from my Mom's house. It turned in to a complicated ordeal because she decided she wanted to get a new tree this year. So, we had to all go to Walmart to pick out a new tree! The new one looks pretty good though.
While I was at Walmart I found Hershey's Kisses filled with Cherry Cordial Creme!!! WOW!!! These things are to die for!!! Had to sample about four to make sure I really liked them! :teeth:

Yolanda:: I hope Keagan is feeling better by now. Bless his heart. DS always seems so small and frail when he gets sick. I would rather it be me sick, I always hate it for the kids to be sick.

Lyzziesmom:: Sounds like you were one busy mom today!! I hope Lyzzies project got finished...sounds like it's going to be really neat!!
Are those chocolate dipped pretzels done yet? I'll take some and I'll share my Cherry Cordial Kisses!! :teeth:

2x2s:: Can I fit a whole cracker in my mouth?? I think I can. They are making saltines smaller than they used to...no problemo for me. :rolleyes1
I had a pretty productive shopping day, thank you for asking. I bought something for my hard-to-buy-for DBIL, my hubby, a couple of things for Nathan, a sweater for Dsis and a make-up kit for my niece.
I hope you're feeling better. Enjoy your night with Mr. Depp. pirate: princess:

DznyFan:: Your sugar scrub sounds very interesting. I have a neighbor that makes all sorts of lotions, soaps, body sprays, etc. and sells them online and at craft fairs. It's called Country Time Bath.

Well folks, I'm off! This will be my last post until I return on the 28th! I hope you all have a very merry xmas! Will have lotsa pics and stories to share when I return! Thanks for the wishes of wellness, I know we'll have the time of our lives! Bye for now!!

9 hours til the plane takes off! WOOT!

Hi everyone!!!

THANK YOU for all the Anniversary wishes!!! I had a great day. Jeremiah suprised me this morning by making me breakfast (pancakes and bacon) AND he got us a small cake that said 'Happy Anniversary' with a blue and pink rose, and a '1' candle. It was so sweet! We decided to not do presents because its so close to Christmas, and we went to the game instead. It was SO FUN! And HOUSTON won! :cheer2:

Nicole- Jeremiah got me hooked on the Rockets. He liked Tracy McGrady when he played for Orlando, and he just followed him when he transferred to Houston. I love Yao!! He is my favorite player. I'm actually a Miami Heat fan, since thats where I'm from but if Miami is playing Houston I still want Houston to win!! He brainwashed me, I guess. :teeth: I was going to ask you- if this isnt too much of an inconvience- if you could look around and find some Houston t-shirts or something like that for me. I can't find anything around here, except Jerseys which we already have. I'd love to get a Yao shirt and I'm sure Jeremiah would like something with T-Mac on it. Let me know if you have seen anything around!! Ofcourse I'd reimburse you for shipping and your trouble.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes about my Grandfather. It is just a very scary situation. Nobody else thinks the guns in the house are a big deal and they don't think he will do anything violent. I would think he wouldn't either but when someone is mentally ill, they aren't themselves. Since I don't live in Florida and I'm not around it, maybe I am wrong. I'm very nervous about Christmas because I'm not sure how he is going to act. Thanks everyone for your well wishes though, you guys are the best. :grouphug: I hope things get better for him and for my Grandmother.

OH!! And a miracle happened. My Grandmother DID get her birthday package! She got it yesterday. I wrote the RIGHT address on the box but the WRONG address on the delivery confirmation slip. :confused3 I'm so happy, and she acted like she really loved the earrings!!

Donna- OH I got those Hershey's a couple weeks ago. TO DIE FOR!! And VERY dangerous to have in the house!!! :teeth:

I thought Donna would enjoy a day off from preparing breakfast, since she's been the shopping queen lately.

So, anyone up for Whispering Canyon?? The skillet has an array of offerings........

527385726acNmQd_ph.jpg

(please pardon my sippy cup-----seems like I'm having a spillage problem lately. :blush: And, I have this marvelous new hand cream----makes them appear to be so well, ummmm, young and dainty:rolleyes1 )

I'm off to church so I can have the afternoon to shop. I'll catch up later.

Have a good day all!!!!!!

p.s.----Ashley-----welcome back, little one!!!!!!!!!
I'll have to go back and read your grandfather story and grandmother's gift story----but, no matter, I'm glad she got her gift and I will keep your grandfather in my thoughts.
Jeremiah=aaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

oh, forgot to add----

Donna and YM (I think that was a yes from YM??)----glad I'm not the only one who can fit the whooooole cracker in their mouth. For a minute there, I was beginning to think I was a bit .......well.......odd. :teeth: :dance3: princess: :love: pirate:

Farewell Jessica!!!!!! Have a wonderful honeymoon trip!!!!!!

Sorry 2x2...I don't see any breakfast, just a big red x. :confused3 Sooooo howse about some yummy monkey bread again today. :teeth:
monkeybread.jpg
ape1.gif

And some nice hot coffee and cocoa!
starbucks.jpg
Bellagio-WhippedCreamBeauty20sm.jpg

2x - I forgot to answer your question! I haven't tried lately, but I'm pretty sure I can fit a saltine in my mouth. My mother always did tell me I have a big mouth.

Your WCC breakfast inspired me to share some pictures from our last trip, when we ate at WCC. It was tons of fun, we should plan on a dinner (or breakfast!) there in Feb!

Yes, that is Emma trying to drink her crayons:
Sept2006688.jpg

Emma got the hang of the napkin swingin' thing right away:
Sept2006691.jpg

Lyzzie asked for a big glass of water:
Sept2006693.jpg

It was a little loud (no whispering at the Whispering Canyon Cafe!):
Sept2006695.jpg

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat (gummy) worms:
Sept2006706.jpg

Yesterday we took the girls to see Deck the Halls. It gets a big old
thumbsdown2.gif
Make that
2down.gif
No wonder Danny Devito got drunk before going on the view!! :rolleyes: At least I got some popcorn out of it! popcorn::

Happy Belated Anniversary Ashley and Jeremiah!
Party01.gif
dance.gif

Ugh....Madison just remembered that she had some books in her backpack for me to retype. :sad2: 5 of my books came back because of a new proofreader. She marked all my books up and then there is a note from another proofreader that said sorry nothing needed to be changed but I still have to retype them because she marked them all up! :crazy:

I hope everyone has a great day! Remember only 14 more shopping days until Christmas! :hourglass

Good Morning All! I have just got to share something with you all.

Remember how originally I was planning on going down to Disney yesterday but I just COULDN'T get a room so the whole go down a few days early thing fell through?

Well, it's a good thing it did. I've been down with a stomach virus. I've just been feeling horrible. If I had gone down to Disney yesterday I would have been stuck in a hotel room sick, sick, sick. Sometimes when things don't work out I get so frustrated!! I was really frustrated and disappointed that everything else was working out except for that stupid room availability!!
Now, I'd like to think of it as divine intervention and back then when I was trying to make my ressies, someone upstairs ^ :cloud9: was looking out for me. Seeing down the road that it just wasn't good for me to go that day. :blush:

I'm starting to get hungry now and the pain in my stomach is starting to subside. I'm going to try and eat some toast w/ a little butter and jelly. I really need to get ironing and packing but I'm not going to push it. I think I pushed it yesterday when I ventured out for a haircut which is another whole disaster story.

Anyway, I've got to get caught up with the thread but just wanted to keep you guys posted. Not that you cared to hear that gruesome tale of being sick.

April, Feel better! I hope your feeling 100% before you leave! :wizard: I am a big believer that things happen for a reason! :thumbsup2

I'm back ----- and now I'm off to do some shopping. Do the malls open early during holiday season?? Why don't I know this information?? Beats me.

Lesa----sorry you couldn't partake in the WCC breakfast skillet. Did you try the whole right click/show picture thingy trick?? I sound like I know what I'm talking about, eh??
Monkey bread was yummy too.
Do you make this in real life, or just cybercooking?? My highschool BF's mom used to make this. Any recipes??
I have no desire to see Deck the Halls----looked pretty lame to me----thanks for the reassurance that I shouldn't waste the time. :thumbsup2
Have fun typing.

Lyzziesmom----too cute of the girlies!!!!! I agree with Emma on the noise level. :lmao:
I wonder if we can fit WCC in for Feb?? We need to get a schedule together, I suppose. Who's our ringleader??
I keep meaning to tell you that your Christmas pics are absolutely beautiful!!!!!!! I love Emma's poses. And their dresses----fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing.

April---see, things happen for a reason. Don't push it---things will get done and if not, so what?? Get to feeling better so you can be ready for the World.

Donna----forgot to tell you----I got that Cinderella slipper ornament for my niece. I started laughing when I saw you posted the picture of it. You read my mind.

okay, must run-----lots to see, places to go, people to meet (not really, but you know what I mean).

G'day

:dance3: princess:

oh, and one more thing before I go-----

"pardon me boys, is that the cat who ate your new shoes??"

just thought I'd leave you with that little ditty. :teeth: :banana:

Good morning Crew!!! I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet, but thanks for the breakfast this morning 2x2s(mine was a red x,also and Lesa (you make the best monkey bread.)

Catch you all after while!!

Here's how I make monkey bread, only we never called it that. It's kind of a shortcut way.

In a pie plate, melt about 1/4 stick of butter. More if you like it more gooey. Add equal amounts of brown sugar and white sugar. I never measure, but I think I use about 1/4 cup of each. Add some cinnamon (maybe 1 tsp?) and sometimes a pinch of nutmeg. Stir this concoction around and tweak the amounts until it is the consistency of syrup. Meanwhile, open a can of Pillsbury biscuits. Regular ones work great, flaky ones work even better. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Roll the biscuit pieces in the syrupy mixture as you place them in the pie plate. They should be pretty smushed together. If there is any extra mixture, spoon it over the biscuit pieces. They should be totally covered in the sugar/butter mixture. Bake it according to the directions on the biscuit can. Immediately upon taking out of the oven, flip the pie plate upside down onto a serving plate. The gooey-est side will then be up.

It is delicious! In fact... I think I'm going to raid my fridge for Pillsbury biscuits right now. Thanks for the idea!

2x, I don't know that cat/shoes quote - where is that from?? (I'm sure once I find out, I will have a D'OH moment.) Have fun shopping today!! ....do the malls open early at Christmastime?? Does a bear.... well, you know!

April:: I'm glad you're feeling better! Don't overdo it, you don't leave until Tuesday, right?

Jessica:: Bye-bye!!! See you in about 18 days!!!! :wave2:

Lesa:: Thanks for the heads-up on Deck the Halls!! I've been intending to take Nathan to see this movie, but hadn't found the time. I think I'll just not mention the movie again.....perhaps eventually it will leave the theaters. :rolleyes1
Wow!! you're in for some extra work re-typing the childrens' book!!! Hopefully nobody will mark it all up the next time! :rolleyes:
Thanks again for the monkey bread and the Starbucks!!!

lyzziesmom:: The pics of the girls at WWC are the best!!! We should try to make it there for breakfast or a late lunch/early dinner type meal. Maybe the day we go to the P & P Party we could eat there first?? What do you all think?
I meant to comment on your Christmas pics. The one with the side view of Lyzzie holding the snowball reminded me of a Narnia-type scene...it was really unique.

Ashley:: Happy to hear you had a wonderful Anniversary!!! That Jeremiah is just the sweetest!! Give him a hug from me!!! :teeth:
Nathan really like Yao from the Houston Rockets! He's a HUGE basketball fan!!!
He has a nerf basketball goal set up in his room and makes such a racket trying to dunk the ball!!! :goodvibes

2x2s:: I just had to get the Cinderella Slipper ornament...couldn't resist it. The ornament just reminded me of somebody I knew. :rolleyes1 princess:
I'm almost 100% sure the mall will be open early, especially the larger anchor stores.

I have nothing in particular planned for today.A little tidying up and laundry. I have a roast in the crock pot for dinner.
Lyzziesmom and Lesa made me hungry for Monkey Bread. :teeth:

Have a great Sunday everyone!!! :sunny:

Tragedy struck this morning.... I did not have a can of biscuits to make my monkey bread. I was so sure I had some, I could even see them in the fridge! So, I had to settle for cereal.

April: wow, sounds like someone up there really was looking out for you! Just goes to show, everything works out for the best, even if we can't see it at the time. I'm sure you'll feel better by the time you leave.

Donna: WCC for an early dinner/late lunch sounds like a great plan! That way we won't be too hungry at the P&P, but not too full to snack a little. One of these days I need to put together a tentative itinerary. I'm really good at planning, once I put my mind to it it's like I can't think of anything else. I've just had so many other things going on, I haven't gotten fully into "planning mode" yet. (Although I am already scheming about how I can upgrade my tickets for future use!)

We are getting ready for the Nutcracker today and I'm having a tough time deciding what to wear. I know I should dress up for the ballet, but since it's a Sunday afternoon I'm not sure how much. Right now I've settled on a sparkly red sleeveless top with a black swirly pattern (really not as busy at it sounds) and black pants with strappy shoes, probably with my black leather jacket. But that could change a few times before we leave. DBF should be here in just under an hour - at least I hope he shows up! As flaky as he's been lately, I'm starting to get nervous.

2xcited2slp said:
oh, and one more thing before I go-----

"pardon me boys, is that the cat who ate your new shoes??"

just thought I'd leave you with that little ditty. :teeth: :banana:

Pardon me boys, is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo... :teeth:

Hello cliqueless friends. :wave: I swear I sent a reply but it's
not here. :confused3

Recap....

2xcited...glad you are up and about. :thumbsup2

lyzziesmom...cute pics...enjoy the ballet.

Lesa...thanks for the movie review...I might skip that one.

Donna...no anniversary(it's in July)...just a nice gesture from DH!

April...please feel better! When do you leave.

Ashley...glad you enjoyed the game. :Pinkbounc

Yolanda...how is your DS?

We are not having a good day at my house. I left church early to bring DS home. He has a severe headache, n/v, chills, and a low gade fever. He's on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. I called his pediatrician. She told me to hold off on his antibiotic(could be cuasing the n/v) and to bring him in in the am...or take him to Urgent Care if he gets worse. I'm probably over reacting...he might have picked up a virus on top of his sinus infection. I hope that's all. :sad2:

YourMajesty said:
We are not having a good day at my house. I left church early to bring DS home. He has a severe headache, n/v, chills, and a low gade fever. He's on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. I called his pediatrician. She told me to hold off on his antibiotic(could be cuasing the n/v) and to bring him in in the am...or take him to Urgent Care if he gets worse. I'm probably over-reacting...he might have just picked up a virus on top of his sinus infection. I hope that's all. :sad2:
So sorry to hear about your DS. I sure hope he gets to feeling better really soon! What is it with this flu-bug thing??
What a sweet "Prince" you have to send you Mickey flowers for no reason!! :love: How long have you two been married? Just wondering. :rolleyes1

lyzziesmom said:
Donna: WCC for an early dinner/late lunch sounds like a great plan! That way we won't be too hungry at the P&P, but not too full to snack a little. One of these days I need to put together a tentative itinerary. I'm really good at planning, once I put my mind to it it's like I can't think of anything else. I've just had so many other things going on, I haven't gotten fully into "planning mode" yet. (Although I am already scheming about how I can upgrade my tickets for future use!)
We will all have to confer about our Sunday and Monday plans....maybe after the holidays if that works better for everyone. :goodvibes
I had to laugh about you wanting to upgrade your tickets!!! I've been thinking of exchanging mine for an annual pass once I get to WDW!! Is that what you have in mind too? Hummm?
Sorry to hear about the tragic monkey bread misshap. I had cereal for breakfast too. :rolleyes:

I had to chuckle yesterday when I went to Target. I decided to pick up a few POC action figures for Nathan for Christmas. When The girl at the checkout was scanning them, she sort of went "Mmmmm", and moaned deep in her throat! I almost laughed, knowing what Pirate fans we have on our thread!! :rotfl2:

Well, gotta' run, time for lunch!! Have a great day everyone!!! :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter