Who else is planning to try VGF?

Me three! And then I followed it up with AKV Club level. Not sure which resort I would prefer to do first.

That said, I really enjoy staying at BLT. Took lake view at Grand Floridian Villas just to try, but would not have been disappointed if I stayed at BLT.

Wow. You guys are faster than me. I've been checking daily and haven't been able to get anything for my dates. Oh well.... all the more reason to talk DH into a small add-on :rotfl2:

We were able to snag 6 nights in a one bedroom (standard view) for February 9-15 over Valentine's Day. Looking forward to it. Hope we don't fall madly in love with it. I refuse to pay the prices being asked per point. Looks like a lovely resort, though.

I am a non-VGF owner and was able to get 3 nights in a 1 bedroom standard in November as soon as the 4 month window opened. That being said, I wanted 4 nights and couldn't get the first night (November 1st - a Friday night and the last MNSSHP) so we're staying at BLT that evening instead (oh darn ;) ). I think when the resort sells out it will be hard to get rooms during the popular times at 7 months.

We're brand new DVC owner (resale) and non-VGF owners. I managed to get 4 nights in a 2 BR lake view the first week in November. Woohoo! I did it one and two nights, at a time, online, and it took me a couple of days to put it together. At one point, I have several nights of standard view, and added lake view nights, but then the lake view nights came up, and I released the standard view rooms. I think some people have been walking their reservations, and that's where the nights came from, since it was a couple of days after the 4 month mark.

I also noticed that individual nights would pop up from other resorts, an hour or two after the online booking system opened up at the 4 month window. I think people released other rooms, as they secured a room at VGF.

I just never thought we'd be able to stay at VGF for our first trip as owners!

We're brand new DVC owner (resale) and non-VGF owners. I managed to get 4 nights in a 2 BR lake view the first week in November. Woohoo! I did it one and two nights, at a time, online, and it took me a couple of days to put it together. At one point, I have several nights of standard view, and added lake view nights, but then the lake view nights came up, and I released the standard view rooms. I think some people have been walking their reservations, and that's where the nights came from, since it was a couple of days after the 4 month mark.

I also noticed that individual nights would pop up from other resorts, an hour or two after the online booking system opened up at the 4 month window. I think people released other rooms, as they secured a room at VGF.

Congrats. We bought resale a bit over a year ago. Our first trip was at VGC, and our third will be at VGF- and our points are at VWL...

DVC really works great for compulsive planners who don't mind being diligent about booking windows and making their reservations as soon as those windows open. For last minute (in the DVC case, three month out) planners, not so much.

Congrats again on your purchase, and your first stay. We resale buyers may not be getting AKL concierge, or BWV standard during FW- but overall we can get a lot out of the membership if we do the work and planning required!!!

Congrats. We bought resale a bit over a year ago. Our first trip was at VGC, and our third will be at VGF- and our points are at VWL...

DVC really works great for compulsive planners who don't mind being diligent about booking windows and making their reservations as soon as those windows open. For last minute (in the DVC case, three month out) planners, not so much.

Congrats again on your purchase, and your first stay. We resale buyers may not be getting AKL concierge, or BWV standard during FW- but overall we can get a lot out of the membership if we do the work and planning required!!!

Thank you! And as a resale buyer, I was able to split up my points between 3 resorts, planning to stay at each one every 3 years. So, that AKL concierge, BWV during F&W, and BLT views will hopefully be mine too!

Congrats :thumbsup2 We are in the same boat...just recently bought a resale(BWV) and this November(10-15) we booked a 2 bedroom lake view as our first trip as owners as well :cool1: :dance3:

Well, I was up bright and early this morning, kept clicking until the system opened and managed to get a standard view studio for ALL seven nights of our vacation! All nights in one try! YAY!!!!!! :woohoo:
Icing on the cake ... our first night was already waitlisted within an hour and 15 minutes of online booking opening up! Lesson learned is the early bird catches the GFV worm.

Booked 4 nights in a 2 bdrm LK VGF presidents week still need another 4 nights waiting to for my BWV resale contract to be loaded but I was hoping I would be able to extend my stay UNTIL I really looked at the points chart :scared1: It is 94 more points for 4 nights :scared1: then BLT and over 100 points more then the other wdw resorts! We will be doing a split stay. i am not sure with the high points if we will stay at VGF again after this. BLT now seems like a DEAL point wise!;)

We will be there 10/23-10/29. Does anyone know if there will be a ceremony or any special events?

Just booked two nights in a one bedroom standard in November. Got the last one apparently! It's for our adults only trip and we are really excited. It only has one bath so I can't see the five of us staying there. It was impulsive and I borrowed for it but you only live once!

Just booked two nights in a one bedroom standard in November. Got the last one apparently! It's for our adults only trip and we are really excited. It only has one bath so I can't see the five of us staying there. It was impulsive and I borrowed for it but you only live once!

I really wished they had 2 baths, but the split bathroom, with 2 showers, is a help!

I really wished they had 2 baths, but the split bathroom, with 2 showers, is a help!

That is in the studio not the 1 bedroom- the bathtub and shower are in different areas but there is only 1 shower in the 1 bedroom.

That is in the studio not the 1 bedroom- the bathtub and shower are in different areas but there is only 1 shower in the 1 bedroom.

We need the extra toilet. When you have two three year olds, they often can't wait!

You're right! And I agree that I'd rather have the two toilets! I was stayed in a suite (not Disney) that had an additional powder room, and that was great.

I REALLY want to stay there but I already have two trips booked this year - November AKV/BLT and March AKV/BWV. I definitely want to plan a trip there for 2015 as soon as I am able to book it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter