Who else is planning to try VGF?

TLPL

DIS Veteran
Another new DVC resort to add to all of our to do lists. Who else has plan to try the new resort? When do you think will be your first visit to VGF?

I am wondering how hard it will be to get a studio for the end of January 2014. :)

Nov 3 will be our first night.

With the booking window... Did they let you book anything right at the start or did they do the traditional booking window but shortened? Was curious what to expect when the NON owner opens... we were going to try to get a few nights with our upcoming stay we have a VWL.

Going to be checking in opening day. I'm hoping for the first time ever that my room might be ready at 10:00a.m.

We have a reservation for opening day- looking forward to being able to check in and get a room early that day.

As a NON-VGF homeowner, I would love to try and get any room(besides the GV) at the VGF the 2nd week in December!! :goodvibes With the 4 month booking window, I won't be able to get it until August 8th :scared1:

Not me, but I'm hoping someone will switch from BWV so my waitlist for 1 night in December is fulfilled!

The 1st week of December already has wait list dates for studios and 2 bed lock offs.

I will be staying New years in a 1 bedroom! SO excited

The 1st week of December already has wait list dates for studios and 2 bed lock offs.

I will be staying New years in a 1 bedroom! SO excited
Congrats! I would be too! Do you think new years (1/1-1/5) would be difficult to book a 1-bedroom?

Congrats! I would be too! Do you think new years (1/1-1/5) would be difficult to book a 1-bedroom?

As of right now it is still open, but June 23rd when everyone can book a 7month window for Jan 1st I am sure it will be all gone. If you are thinking about it I would book online right at 8am eastern. I think a lot of stuff will g into waitlist that day, especially dates after Jan 1st

I have always wanted to stay at GF so of course I can't wait for VGF. My next trip is in early Oct and they won't be open but I'm hoping for the following trip, haven't decided what we're going to do, my husband wants to go back to Vero Beach but this might change that,

I definitely would like to stay there. But, I am not in a rush....maybe a future visit just DHubby and me. My boys, teengers would not appreciate the decor....they always called GF the girls hotel!:thumbsup2

Hoping to get VGF for my trip next May. We will book our 2br at BWV with BW view now and then try to change at 7 mo. If we don't get it, at least I will have one of the best views at Disney with my BW view room!

I'm hoping to get a couple of days in January 2014. Just so I can say I have stayed there!

Hoping to move my ressie to VGF December 7-12th- but am sure I will need MAJOR pixie dust for that to happen. I will be ready to try Aug. 7th for sure!

I am so excited! We bought into VGF (have my paperwork next to me) and are planning Dec 1-8 in a 1 bd lake view! SO EXCITED!

So what happens if VGF is not ready on Oct 23 and the folks that have ressies there? Just curious!

As a NON-VGF homeowner, I would love to try and get any room(besides the GV) at the VGF the 2nd week in December!! :goodvibes With the 4 month booking window, I won't be able to get it until August 8th :scared1:

Which is the reason they set up that way so December would not be booked up by non-owners.

So what happens if VGF is not ready on Oct 23 and the folks that have ressies there? Just curious!

Short of something catastrophic it will be ready, I am sure they will have Cast Member soft opening weeks before that.

We are trying for Oct 30-Nov 3 this year...we have a ressie at AKL and would be just as happy there if we don't get it...but we'd like to try it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter