Who else is planning to try VGF?

We stayed @ Polynesian years back and remember the walk from the Poly to TTC was not bad. Probably faster than taking a monorail & transferring. We are hoping for a Poly DVC !

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Me Too! The walk from Poly to TTC was always enjoyable! Beautiful tiki lit paths and landscaping :)

Well We Are On Our Way To Christmas Season!!! :woohoo: I have successfully "walked" our reservation from Oct. 27-Nov. 1 to Nov. 1 -Nov. 6! We are getting there. I am most likely going to stop once(if) I can get Nov. 10-Nov.16. Then if the 2nd week in December is available, I MAY try to switch to that week. I am not quite sure though if I am willing to take the risk of canceling my existing and booking the new one. Good luck to everyone trying to score a reservation there..Pixie Dust your way pixiedust:

I tried online yesterday morning at 8, followed by a call to try to get a 2 bedroom standard view at VGF and our first 2 nights were already booked. I tried to give the wait list a shot, and by 4pm, we had our 5 nights in a 2 bedroom! We also have the first night in a lake view studio. We can't wait to stay here! party:

If your first dates are booked, be sure to get on the wait list that day. Seems as if people may be scooping up the reservations first thing in the morning, then changing their mind shortly after.

Just waitlisted a 1BR Std view @ VGF for Nov 7 - 11. All the dates were available except the 7th, so I'm hoping that someone walking their reservation will cancel that night- or maybe more rooms will be put into inventory as they finish. If not, I'm good at AKL - would just love to stay there once and don't think it will be easy to get at 7 months once it's open and sold out. Fingers crossed!

Let's see...

:confused3 (That's just wrong!)

:crazy2: (Some people are nuts!)

:snooty: (Perhaps these people lacked grace and decorum.)

and finally...:crowded::crowded: Don't you love how close you get to other families while at Walt Disney World? You get to see how other people live and go about their lives. Its fun to learn about other people's cultures.

Was it Easter?

This and the original egg post cracked me up :)

Just booked a solo trip 2/2-2/7 in a standard studio at GFV...yay!!!

This time I think I may actually keep it a solo trip (my last attempt at finding out if I like solo travel to WDW cratered when a good friend asked to join me--we has a terrific time and I'm glad she came...but I REALLY want to find out if I like doing WDW on my own!)

Now to assault the heavens with a request that blizzards stay away from the northeast/mid-Atlantic area on 2/2 and again on 2/7!!!!

We are staying at VGF Nov 30 through Dec 7 in a dedicated two bedroom! We can't wait! Planning on an Oct. 2014 stay at the VGF.

We own at OKW (and a small contract at AKV) and love both those resorts, but today at 11am I checked online for one night (Nov. 10) availability at VGF after our Disney Cruise. I found a 2BR Lake View with 2 queen beds which will be perfect for our group. It's a lot more points than our OKW reservation was (which I cancelled), but we figure it will be great to try it once for the one night. We'll also be trying BLT (lake view) for the first time the night before the cruise, so it's going to be interesting to try something new. :cool1:

How fast are VGF reservations going? Are Non-Owners able to snag anything, or is everything booked up by the time their window opens?

My sister and I aren't DVC owners (anywhere) but would love to rent there someday and are just curious how fast reservations are booking up in comparison to how fast reservations booked at AoA (being the newest resort.) I suppose this might be a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison, but I'm still curious none the less!

How fast are VGF reservations going? Are Non-Owners able to snag anything, or is everything booked up by the time their window opens?

My sister and I aren't DVC owners (anywhere) but would love to rent there someday and are just curious how fast reservations are booking up in comparison to how fast reservations booked at AoA (being the newest resort.) I suppose this might be a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison, but I'm still curious none the less!

I am a non-VGF owner and was able to get a 2 bedroom lakeview. Though I do think it may have to do with this 4 month booking window..just glad that we are staying there :cool1: :cool1:

If you rent from a VGF owner you should have no problem getting a room! You can also stay on Cash.

I am a non-VGF owner and was able to get a 2 bedroom lakeview. Though I do think it may have to do with this 4 month booking window..just glad that we are staying there :cool1: :cool1:

If you rent from a VGF owner you should have no problem getting a room! You can also stay on Cash.

Very cool- thanks for the info! I'll have to keep that in mind for future trips :scratchin

I called at opening and was unable to get Nov 7-11. We waitlisted it and hoping it comes through. Being a smaller resort, I think booking VGF will get difficult at 7 mos, but it probably won't be impossible to occasionally find days.

I called at opening and was unable to get Nov 7-11. We waitlisted it and hoping it comes through. Being a smaller resort, I think booking VGF will get difficult at 7 mos, but it probably won't be impossible to occasionally find days.

I got a booking no problem in feb

I'll bet Non-owners/non-DVCers have better luck renting through VGF owners at the start of the window. Good to hear that its not impossible though.

I was able to snag 4 nights in a standard view studio in less than 4 monthsツ We are owners at VGF though.

I am a non-VGF owner and was able to get 3 nights in a 1 bedroom standard in November as soon as the 4 month window opened. That being said, I wanted 4 nights and couldn't get the first night (November 1st - a Friday night and the last MNSSHP) so we're staying at BLT that evening instead (oh darn ;) ). I think when the resort sells out it will be hard to get rooms during the popular times at 7 months.

We got the 2 bedroom lake view for 1/1-1/8/14.

I couldn't get a start date in 2014 until just a few days ago. As a cash res. it is considerably cheaper than my original dates of 12/19-12/24.

Can't wait to see the view!! We have been waiting for it to open since we first heard about it. Our favorite family resort is BLT with ability to walk to MK but these rooms look incredible:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter