Who else is going to be on the 'Magic'al cruise 4/20/02?

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the boards. We'll be sailing on the 4/20/02 Magic too. Wovenwonder- thanks for including us in the list! The links you gave are great! Looking forward to meeting all of you!

We are from New York State. We are driving to FL leaving Thursday afternoon. We'll hopefully be arriving by Friday PM.
We will have a TV/video player for our minivan. The kids can even play playstation on it. That will be a lifesaver!! I'm not sure where we will stay in Port Canaveral, but I will check out roomsaver.com. As far as packing unusual items, I'll probably pack my whole medicine cabinet. Our first trip to WDW my then 5 yo daughter came down with chicken pox on day 2!! They wouldn't let us on the plane, so we had to rent a car and drive home 5 days early. Last year on Carnival's Sensation, my son
came down with fifth's disease on day one!! He wasn't contagious by then but you have to avoid the sun. It's impossible! We had a great time anyway!! I'm just wondering what they will come up with on this trip!!!LOL Liz & family:)

newhampshire4 - when I noticed that you responded to the thread -- I thought you had decided to join us!! Half the fun is in the planning -- and it sounds like you have quite a while to do that!! Enjoy the planning, and your trip too.

A great big welcome to chickabug and EVee!

We are staying friday night at the Hampton with BHNJ's family. We received a really good rate with a coupon of $69 - and that included FREE breakfast too. Email me, if you'd like me to forward you the discount information.
:)

Hi all....just wanted to bump this up and say hello, and how jealous I am that you all are sailing before me.....and how I wish we were doing another 7 day. We are heading out on a 3 day in Oct. Also, jealous 'cause you all sound so organized! Congrats and have a superb vacation! Wish I were with you in April!

Hi Jody! We are coming on the 4/20/02 cruise too! It will be my honeymoon andwe will be traveling with our 2 children (DD 8yrs, DS 9yrs)! We can hardly wait! We are from Montgomery County, PA - not to far from you jody! :D

amykline,
I'm glad you found 'our thread'! What day are you getting married on? This will be a terrific and memorable way to celebrate as a family. I'd be happy to add your names to the opening post on our thread. If you'd like me to, just email me with all of your first names.

Congratulations in advance to your 'new beginning'! Hubby and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary while on board the ship - with our kids.

Hi Jody,

Thanks for being so organized. Here are our answers. I think I need more time than 7 weeks to get ready! JoAnn :earsgirl:

What area do you live in?
Northern New Jersey

How will you be arriving to Florida?
We're taking the Autotrain.

Are you arriving prior to 4/20?
Yes - we're arriving on Thursday (havn't decided whether to stay at Disney for the 2 nights or Cocco Beach)

Packing - what unusual item is on your MUST PACK list?
Haven't started the packing list yet, hope to get some great ideas here on the boards.

Have you ever cruised before?
Yes, last April on the Magic and on Celebrity many years ago.

PS
Does anyone have an image of Chip n' Dale from the cruise line? They were our daughter's favorite and I would like to make something for her using their picture and can't find any C&D cruise clipart anywhere.

I know how great it is to coorespond with others that have kids the same age as yours. Or others that will also be traveling with parents/grandparents. And even others that will be traveling without children.

I'd be happy to list email addresses on our opening post of this thread - after user names if you'd like me to. Or, if you'd prefer not to list your email addy on the board, but would like me to hook you up with another family via email, I'd also be happy to do so.

Please email me at my addy listed below, to let me know if you'd like your email address posted on our opening topic and/or if you'd like me to make your email address available to others on 'our thread' who request it.

Email addresses are listed on the first post in this thread!

Hi fellow cruisers,
I've been reading the posts everyday at work but can't post. Finally had a chance tonight to get on at home. Tues night we were at the Fleet Center in Boston with 14 ds watching WWF Smackdown. Not my favorite thing but Eric rated it "excellent" Last night it was off to Weight Watchers and a wake at a funeral home. Anyway, here are my answers to the post that Jody (isn't she great?) started.

We live in Southern NH.

We are flying into Orlando on Thurs, 18 April and staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in DTD. Friday, we'll start at MGM with TOT and then make a marathon day of all our favorites.

Packing: need to remember hubby's ESPN beer mug from last year and also ziploc bags to bring home some of those wonderful chocolate chip cookies (weight watcher points = zero!!)

Cruised before: yes.
1987 - Big Red Boat (I was pregnant then and did not know it at the time

2 trips on RCI - Grandeur and Enchantment.

April 2001 - Disney Magic 7 Day

that's about it. See everyone soon.

And BHNJ and I (Camille and Jody) are trying to put together a MAGICal sailaway party for our group!

We are ordering green leis for the sailaway party! Have your family wear them when registering at the port and the entire first day up until the sailaway party. This will be an easy way for us to recognize others who are also part of our DIS Family! I would be happy to mail enough leis for each member of your cruise family ahead of time -- just email me your mailing address and I will drop them in the mail. Also, remember to watch for our DIS Sign in the port and on Deck #10 during the sailaway celebration!

You will see many people on the ship wearing lanyards with attached clear flat plastic holders to carry their KTTWC's and other identification. Why carry a wallet or pocketbook when you don't need any cash on board the ship! I have another DIS group that may be interested in purchasing lanyards bulk with our group to get a really great price! I was able to find a contact where we can get lanyards with the swivel hook and attached card holders for around $2 each which would include shipping to you ahead of time. I would have them shipped here bulk. Then I would like to make cards to insert in the front of each card case with our cruise date, year on it and the families DIS username -- and maybe even some sort of ship logo. They would make a great souvenier PLUS a wonderful way for us to recognize each other from our DIS family during the week on board the ship. Please email me to let me know if your family would be interested in participating in this group purchase. I'll let you know what kind of a response I get on it.

Thanks!

Hi,

We are looking forward to this cruise very much. We made the reservations last March and have been counting the days since. We joined the DVC in 96 and kept toying with the idea of using our points for the cruise but love WDW so much we just couldn’t seem to give it up for a year (or 2). Decided to fork up the cash and pay real bucks for this vacation (not that we don’t spend a lot each year at WDW even with our points). This will be our first cruise experience and know it will be a great one. Looking forward to hearing from others who will be sailing on this 4/20 magical boat ride.

Ken, Sheila and Molly-8 From Easton PA

First of all -- welcome to '3Disneyteers - Ken, Sheila, and Molly'! Second, I designed an insert for our lanyard. I emailed it to everyone who's email address that I had - BUT, I could not find myjeep93 and amykline's email addresses (sorry), please email me so I can forward a copy of my weekend email to you! I had an overwhelming response to the lanyards and it looks like most of our group will be wearing them! Don't forget about the leis too! Okay, back to 'business' and this weeks questions (copy and paste, then insert your answers):

Early or Late Dining?
We will be going the late route this year. Had early last year and felt VERY rushed - and felt like we missed out on too much of the afternoon.

Do you have any Palo plans?
We never did Dinner, but did the Brunch last year. It was very nice. I am thinking that maybe we'll just do the High Tea this year.

Are you looking forward to any Spa Luxuries?
maybe the rainforrest room for one day

Verandah, Porthole, or Non-View?
Non view our first two trips - BUT very excited to have one of those 'secret' porthole rooms for this year! Plus, we have two rooms -- so the kids will be in a seperate room - Yahoo!

Which deck will be your 'home for the week'?
Our 'room' will be on deck #5 -- BUT, I plan on parking my behind on the deck#4 loungers on a regular basis!

Early or Late Dining?
Just changed it today to the late seating. Being new to cruising we booked the early seating but after reading all these boards changed it today to late seating.

Plan on dinner one night (celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary) and also brunch - not sure when.

maybe the rainforest room one day, contemplating the cabana masssage but not sure yet

Porthole - category 7

We think it's deck #2 but our cabin number isn't syncing up with the category - guess I better check it out tomorrow.

Early or Late Dining?
We have the late dining.

We hope to make dinner reservations and maybe brunch.

We are thinking of doing the surial bath.

We have a verandah room.

We will be calling deck 6 "home for the week".

Early or Late Dining?
Late!

Hope to have one dinner on some night (9th Anniversary!)

maybe

outside stateroom is that a porthole?

Cabin 2550

:D

Early or Late Dining?
Just us - no kids. We chose late dining in hopes of sitting with other adults.

I hope to get reservations for Sunday night and for brunch on one of the other sea days.

I have never done this and it looks tempting.

Porthole. A surprise upgrade to a verandah would be nice, but I know that probably won't happen, LOL!

Deck #2.

Early or late dining?
Early

Any Palo plans?
Absolutely, but not sure which night yet.

Spa Luxuries?
Possibly-where can I get the info?

Verandah, porthole or inside?
Oceanview

Deck?
Deck 5

Hello everyone - here are my answers to this week's questions.
Early or Late Dining?
Late dining - did it last year and loved it. More time to snack in the afternoon and enjoying the hot tub while everyone else is dininig is wonderful.

We did dinner last year but I think we'll try for the champagne brunch hopefully for Sunday.

doubt it

We were in Cat 9 last year but with our 1/2 off deal for this year, I booked a navigators verandah. Hope I don't spoil us for the next time as we probably won't spring for it the next time. Family does not know I've done it - can't wait to surprise them!

Deck 7 but we typically don't spend lots of time in our cabin. However, since this is the first time with a veranadah - who knows?

Until - April 20th -

Early or Late Dining?
Currently have late dining - wait listed for early (my mother is usually in bed by 8:30!)

No

might try the rainforrest room

Verandah

deck #6

EVee - I emailed you the link to the spa treatment list on Barb and Tony's website.

chickabug -- I would call DCL often to ask about being changed to the earlier seating -- as I know of even people just within our group who have switched from early to late --- this should have opened some spots in the earlier dining time.

I've heard from everyone in regards to the lanyards and the leis except myjeep93's family and Donna-Lee's large family group. I'll keep everyone updated as to expected delivery date, etc!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter