Who else is going to be on the 'Magic'al cruise 4/20/02?

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
The 'unofficial' listing of 4/20 DIS Board Cruisers:

wovenwonder - Jody, Don, Stacy-19, Shelby-18, Colby-13
castawaymagic@hotmail.com

Laurelann - Wife, Hubby and 5 year old son
theatwoods@earthlink.net

medotmom - Jill, Frank, Eric-14
jburns0002@aol.com

JAN ENOS - Jan, Jack, Shelley, Sean, Emma-2, Sadie-4, Abigayle-5

myjeep93 - wife, hubby and 10 year old daughter

BHNJ - Camille, Joe, Joseph-17, Brianna-13
teacup5680@hotmail.com

Dodie - Dodie and Phillip
indipalass@hotmail.com

islandhoppers - JoAnn, Doug, and Sarah-7

msmicky - Micky and Aster
msmicky@hotmail.com

The following is a large family group traveling together:

Donna-Lee, John, Justin-18, Eliza-11
dleejess@yahoo.com

Kelly, Quig, Lowen-8, Tivon-6

Lori, Scott, Carley-5, Nathanial-2

Lynn, Ken, Gabrielle-7

Kristine, Rob, Kelly-8, Lydia-6

all traveling with their mother/grandmother Helen!

More newcomers -- our list is steadily GROWING!

chickabug -
Nancy, daughter Hannah-6, and 80 year old mother - Betty.
contact wovenwonder for their email info

EVee - Liz, Tom, Samantha-10, Tommy-8
vangav@bestweb.net
amykline - couple on honeymoon with dd-8 and ds-9
3Disneyteers - Ken, Shelia, and Molly-8

First, THANKS SO MUCH JODY !!!!! We are so excited about going back next year. We never thought that we would be doing a cruise again in such a short amount of time.
Glad that Brianna will be official this time for the Common Grounds. Both she and DS had a great time and are looking forward to returning.
I'll be counting down and checking the airfares.
Camille:) :) :)

I know that there are more than just our two families signed up for this cruise already (4/20-27 2002) so be sure to add your name to the thread. Are 'Sigafoos' and 'Infobahn' still out there? I haven't heard from you in awhile and was just wondering if you have decided to rebook for this date also? I thought that 'medotmom' had rebooked and also 'islandhoppers'??? I know it's almost 11 months away - but, it helps to pass the time by watching these boards.

Keep in Touch:p

Yes, you're right medotmom and family(myself, husband and 13 yr old son) will be on the Magic again on 4/20/02. Friday is the magic day to book our airfare and then I'm going to venture onto Priceline to try to find a hotel for the two nights before. Since we are renting a car this time, we may drive over to the port but we still have time to work that issue.

I thought I would not have an excuse to read these boards again, but I can't stay away.

Jody, glad that you posted this - we'll be able to watch it for the next 10 months.

Son Eric spent lots of time in Common Grounds this year and I'm sure he will do the same allowing husband and I plenty of time to veg on the deck. Eric says it is the best vacation because he does have to hang around with the old boring parents - however, we like to be boring and just do nothing. Great vacation for everyone!!

Hi!

We rebooked before we had even received the letters and we just purchased our airline tickets last week. I had my heart set on flying into Melbourne again and decided not to wait any longer.

Now we just have to wait another 9 months!

JoAnn
:wave:

We are still hoping to go in April but we don't know what my husbands job situation will be. He is in the process of changing employment and April may be too son for vacation with a new company! Perhaps a week off without pay may be in order, who knows;) My son Sean insists that is the only week we can go so he can see his friends again! We will try our best.
Kim:D

Wow, I only missed one day on these boards! Imagine my surprise to see all these replies. A big HELLO to all - I hope everyone is enjoying their summer vacations.

My kids will be back to school in less than 4 weeks - the summer vacation just went way to fast. The good news is that when they go back to school it will be even closer to our April sailing! We were just on a weeks vacation at my parents summer home at the beach. I got up and cooked breakfast most mornings, and even prepared a few lunches and dinner - and ofcourse the dishes and laundry too as well as straightening up throughout the day. It made me even more anxious for another "real" vacation where even "MOM" can be pampered! After going on a cruise, no other vacation will seem like a "true vacation" again!

JoAnn - we will have to be sure to "meet" on the cruise this year! Somehow I think we missed meeting each other before.

Kim - That would be great if your family goes again! Maybe Ashley and Shelby could start to email ahead of time and become better aquainted before the cruise. Shelby is just so shy and has a hard time "hooking-up" with friends easily.

Jill - Oh those wonderful lounge chairs on deck 4.......

Camille - are you still out there? Less than 9 months and we will be in those secret "honeymoon" porthole rooms! I cannot wait!! What a way to celebrate hubby and my 20th anniversary!

Keep in Touch everyone!

Hello
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Just finished my Summer session class and now have some time to focus on things that have been left undone.

We did not go on a "real" vacation this summer but it is still flying by. You are right Jody -- nothing beats a cruise for Mom's vacation. Joe is getting better at driving and is testing mid month. Brianna has been babysitting here and there. She actually had two "jobs" back to back today.

April seems so far away but it is nice to have something to look forward to. And this time, we'll know the ropes. We are planning to try to get reservations for Palo's and pack much lighter.

Keep in touch!
Camille

Here's hoping that the New Year will bring some more people who will be sailing with us!:) - Counting down, and only 3 months, 16 days......

HELP! We had a bunch of newbies post on our thread for the 4/20 cruise, and it appears that some posts were 'lost' while the boards were down. PLEASE post again, and tell us a little about yourselves.

medotmom, 'I found it' - :)

Glad that the boards are back up!!
Before they went down, someone had posted that they would be on he 4/20 cruise with a 13 yr old DS. We will also be there with our 14 yr old DS and would like to hear from you. Please post again so that I can get in touch.

Thanks wovenwonder for starting this back up.

Siagfoos - my son mentioned this am that he hoped you and your family, especially Sean, would be there again. Any hope?

Also, a family with a son named Brendan was on last year's sailing - my son Eric wants to get back in touch with you. Are you going to join us on the ship on 4/20?

Looking out my back window this morning and seeing the snow makes me want April to come quickly!!

Hi Jill!!
It's nice to see a familiar face :-)D ) here on the boards again!!

Colby will be in the Common Grounds this year for the first time also! I am counting on Eric and other 'experienced' common grounders to show him the ropes! Yes, my 'baby' just turned 13!!
:)

My husband and I will be on the 4-20 cruise. We are first timers for any cruise and would look foward to getting any hints or advice from all you vets. I won the cruise on a radio station and am really excited. I'm very happy that my first cruise will be a disney cruise. :bounce:

DH and I will be there. It's our first cruise ever!

Can't wait!:bounce:

msmicky and Dodie,
Welcome to the DIS Boards - and especially a BIG welcome to 'our thread'. Plan to spend the weekend reading the threads on this board and ask any detailed questions which you might have! I will also recommend some of my favorite websites that are dedicated to the Disney Cruise:

The first two sites, are two of my favorites!
www.castawayclub.com
www.dcltribute.com

The “Magical Disney Cruise Guide” contains pages upon pages of very valuable information – and it can be printed out also!

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/entropym/pages/

I LOVE the next site to see lots of pictures of both the Magic and the Wonder:

http://home.att.net/~pete-williams/magic/magic.htm

And finally, when we returned from our last sailing in April 2001 I wrote up lots of notes to remember for our next trip, as well as some things for friends of ours to read - who had never cruised Disney before. I now have this list posted on the cruise critic message boards --- here is the link:

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=767097554&m=5023041383

We will look forward to meeting you on the 4/20 cruise! Check back here often to look for newbies. And feel free to email me if you have any specific questions.

:)

Hello Everyone

We are counting down the days until we sail in April -- as the snow falls.

Can't wait -- I think I'll start packing now.javascript:smilie(';)')
wink

Camille
DH Joe
DD Brianna (13)
DS Joe (17)

javascript:smilie(':)') javascript:smilie(':)') javascript:smilie(':)')
smile
smile
smile

Thanks Jody,
This was just the kind of information I was looking for. You have a lot of good tips.

booked for 4-20 7 day magic! Me, husband and 10y dtr. Cruised b4 but never on disney. Daughter's 1st cruise. Cant wait! Sounds like all you repeats had a great time. Anything special we should know? See you in april

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter