Who else is going to be on the 'Magic'al cruise 4/20/02?

MyJeep93 - welcome to the DIS Boards, and especialy to OUR April 20th Thread!! Be sure to check back here often. We will be scheduling some places for 'our group' to meet up throughout the cruise! If you have any specific questions -- please feel free to email me anytime!

Once again, WELCOME!
:)

Husband and 10yr DD going on 4-20 Magic cruise. DD 1st cruise ! Res. late seating for dinner.so as not to be rushed. Are there usually children this age at the late seating? April is getting closer and getting anxious about all the decisions we need to make. Excursions, what to pack, what dining rotation is better! love this forum, but so much to know. Please tell me i'm needlessly worried! (I'm driving hus crazy)

Hi,
My name is Jan and my husband and I along with my daughter and her family will be on the April 20th cruise on the Magic! It is
our first Disney Cruise and my daughters family first cruise ever.
My husband and I are in our early 50's and have three beautiful
granddaughters that will be with us on the cruise. They are
Emma who is 2, Sadie who will be 4 on April 20th and Abigayle
who will be 6 on May 20th. My daughter Shelley and her husband
Sean are in their late 20's. We have late dinner seating and
can not wait to go on this magical vacation! My husband and I
have cruised on two other cruises. One was on Carnival's
Imagination and the other was on Celebrity's Century. Last year
was our 30th Wedding Anniversary and we went to Aruba. We
have also been to Sandals in Jamaica. We love the Carribean!
Hope to make some new friends.
Jan

We are now nearing our final countdown -- with only two months to go until we set sail! I am looking forward to meeting some new DIS Friends on board the ship!

Glad to hear from so many 4/20 cruisers. I can't believe that we will be on the plane in 2 months. We're flying in on Thursday night and spending Friday at MGM. We love the Tower of Terror and plan to ride it as much as possible. We will also try to hit all our favorites in one day. We may be exhausted but on Sat, I'll be plopping myself down in one of those lwonderful chairs on deck 4 - see you there wovenwonder!! Now, I just need to keep on working to fit into my spring/summer clothes. Here in New England it is easy to hide under sweats.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

medotmom,
Oh YES, that was one place that we could always count on running in to each other last year! (those comfy blue cushioned loungers on deck#4);) - Hmmmm, that might be a nice quiet place for a DIS meet this year. I was also thinking maybe the 'secret' Deck#7 AFT area. Any other suggestions?

Hi! I'm new and going on our first Disney Cruise!! My hubby and 5 year old son are sooooo ready to go! Are there any other 5 year olds going? Also our plane trip home our flight does not leave until 6pm not sure what to do for the day any suggestions?
we will have all that luggage also.

:wave:

Hi Laurelann and family!!

With a late flight, you would actually have time to rent a car (Avis is near the port). Store your luggage in the rental car trunk and head on over to Magic Kingdom or one of the other parks. It is also just fun to hang out at the Disney Village Marketplace/Pleasure Island. Have lunch or Dinner over in that area at Planet Hollywood or the Rain Forrest Cafe. There's ALOT to do with that much extra time on your hands. If you have disney transfers booked, I would consider cancelling them and renting the car for probably about the same cost.

The first post in 'our thread' now contains The 'unofficial' listing of 4/20 Dis Board Cruisers! If I missed your family - or any information needs to be added to your family, please email me.
Thanks!

Only 2 more months!

Hello Everyone

Just a few short weeks until we sail. Can't wait.

I want to thank Jody for all the cruise information she has shared. She truly is an "expert" and has made my life easier. I just have to click on to her threads and there is anything and everything one needs to know about 'the cruise.' I especially like the "lists."

Jody, maybe we'll see you whizzing down 95 -- otherwise in Cocoa Beach.

Camille

Welcome to all of our newcomers! Our list is steadily growing. I will look forward to the new families to be posting on our thread soon.

BHNJ and wovenwonder's families are spending the night before the cruise at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. We are planning on making a DIS Sign on friday night. So look for us to be holding our sign in the port saturday morning as well as at all of our DIS meets. We will schedule our first 'meet' on deck#10 overlooking the deck#9 sailaway party, saturday after the safety drill. Look for our group sign!!

Any other ideas for 'meets'? How would you feel about meeting at a scheduled time at the 'secret' deck #7 AFT area? This would be a more secluded/quiet place where we could have some time to get to know each other. We could order cheese, crackers, etc from room service to enjoy together. I'm open for suggestions!!

I was also trying to think of ways -- other than the traditional lime green ribbons - for identifying each other the first couple of days on the ship. How about lime green 'dis pins' which I would be willing to make. Another idea was purchasing inexpensive lime green lanyards as a group -- and hanging our 'usernames' from the lanyard for the first day or so. This could double up as use to hold our KTTWC's! Please provide your input to let me know if you like any of these ideas -- also feel free to please provide other ideas. UPDATE - I found a website where I could purchase lanyards with cases to attach to hold our room keys, id's, etc. It looks like I could get them for around $2 each. Just checking who would be interested in this?? I have emailed the company asking for a sample to be sure the quality is pretty good. I'll let you know how I make out! (BHNJ also came up with the idea of lime green leis - which we could purchase in bulk ahead of time and send to everyone!).

'Bookmark' this page, and check back often for 'updates' as we get closer to our sailing!

Jody,
These are great ideas. I 'm up for any of these suggestions. Whatever everyone else decides is fine with me. If you need any help in making something or ordering something, let me know. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I am going to post a few different questions each week. Just cut and paste from my post into your reply - delete my answers, and replace with your own answers!

What area do you live in?
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

How will you be arriving to Florida?
We will be driving - apx. 18 hours - yikes!

Are you arriving prior to 4/20?
Yes - spending friday night at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach

Packing - what unusual item is on your MUST PACK list?
Over the door shoe organizer for the kids room

Have you ever cruised before?
Yes, all with DCL - this will be our third trip on the Magic.

Okay, now it is YOUR TURN! Look for new questions each week.

DH and I will be there on the 4/20 sailing!

Indiana

Flying down on the morning of 4/19. :eek: Am terrible flyer. Must take Xanax...

Staying at S/D on 4/19. Hope to go to Epcot that day and evening upon arrival.

Must take my "sound machine" (white noise) and DH's travel fan or we'd never sleep..

Nope! This is our first time!

:wave: Whatever you want to do is great! Just let me know.

How will you be ariving to florida?

Flying to Orlando 4/19 and staying at AmeriSuites take the bus on Sat. a.m.

Packing- What unusual item is on your must list?

A night lite for the bathroom (boys late night potty times)

We have cruised on Windjammer Bare Foot Cruise (before Children!)

Good idea Jody.

Central New Jersey

We will be driving - leaving on Thursday.

Yes - spending Friday night at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach

Maybe a hundred pair of shoes that we won't wear. LOL

Yes, last year in April on the Magic.

Camille

Dallas, Texas

Flying. I think on the same day. We haven't received flight info yet.

I'm taking suggestions from everyone.

This is our first cruise.

Micky

I like the lanyard idea.....

Central Mass.

Flying to Orlando Sat AM

No

A jump rope for my daughter? Earplugs for me

Yes, me - Bermuda with Royal Caribbean
Mom -- Bermuda with ??
Alaska with Princess
Panama Canal with Princess

Nancy

Just thought I'd stop by and let you all know how jealous I am:smooth: We were on the 4/21 cruise with a lot of you last year-- we decided to rebook for April 2003, but wish it was this year :( I wish you all a great cruise... and may you all see Castaway Cay!! A couple that we met on the cruise just returned and had an uneventful sailing and sent us proof that they actually made it to Castaway :) Bon Voyage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter