Which resort would you NOT stay at again...

I won't stay at any of the resorts that now allow Dogs:
  • Art of Animation
  • Port Orleans Riverside
  • Yacht Club
  • Fort Wilderness Cabins

Ditto to that for me...

DH would say never again for Animal Kingdom, he felt it was too out of the way (I disagree and would stay there again in a heartbeat)

We felt Boardwalk was a mixed bag for the following reasons; confusing layout, hated the main creepy clown pool, no quick service options (although being able to walk to DHS and Epcot was a major plus, and my DS loved, loved the community hall by the quiet pool, plus our room had a view of the star wars fireworks which I found amazing)

Not that I wouldn't stay there again if we had to but my least favorite resort by far is Boardwalk. I HATE having to go out to the boardwalk for all the food options and that clown is just terrifying (have you even seen it at night? He'll eat your soul!). I also found the staff there to be less-than. They ranged from unenthusiastic, to indifferent, to outright rude.
We just stayed there for a couple of nights on a split stay and had just the opposite experience. CM's were great, food options could be closer but not a real problem. And the clown? Please, you're not 3 years old!

Coronado Springs was so rough, it was my first and LAST stay at a moderate hotel. I like value or deluxe, but a big no to Disney Purgatory.

Any all stars. It's been a long time since I stayed at one but it was a one and done for me. Actually a 2 and done. Feels too much like a cheap roadside hotel, not a resort. I used to stay in the parks 99% of the time but have found that the resort itself, if it's a nice one is a big part of the WDW vacation.

Ditto to that for me...

DH would say never again for Animal Kingdom, he felt it was too out of the way (I disagree and would stay there again in a heartbeat)

We felt Boardwalk was a mixed bag for the following reasons; confusing layout, hated the main creepy clown pool, no quick service options (although being able to walk to DHS and Epcot was a major plus, and my DS loved, loved the community hall by the quiet pool, plus our room had a view of the star wars fireworks which I found amazing)

Off-topic, but Oceanmarina, I'm enjoying your Captain Jack GIF! :D

We just stayed there for a couple of nights on a split stay and had just the opposite experience. CM's were great, food options could be closer but not a real problem. And the clown? Please, you're not 3 years old!

Good for you. Glad you enjoyed it.

There's plenty I haven't stayed at yet, but I'd say any of the values. For the price, I'd just assume stay offsite and drive in.

Mine is Coronado springs. We didn’t feel like we were at Disney. Just not our style. Too business like for us. But we did love the food court. Probably wouldn’t stay at all star movies again either just got back from there and was not impressed. We love Pop.

Those who listed Coronado Springs as one they hate, I'm curious, have you been since they've renovated many of their rooms?

We definitely would not stay at the Polynesian again. We got bumped up there three years ago from our beloved Boardwalk. We even got upgraded to a bungalow because of the last minute change. We also got club level access since we stay club level at the Boardwalk. We did not care for the Polynesian. The bungalow was neat to see but definitely not convenient. The CMs club level at the Polynesian are not even close in comparison to the CMs at the Boardwalk. They barely spoke the whole time we were there for nine days. We love the convenience of the Boardwalk and walking to two parks. Most of all we love the overall ambience of the Boardwalk feel.

We definitely would not stay at the Polynesian again. We got bumped up there three years ago from our beloved Boardwalk. We even got upgraded to a bungalow because of the last minute change. We also got club level access since we stay club level at the Boardwalk. We did not care for the Polynesian. The bungalow was neat to see but definitely not convenient. The CMs club level at the Polynesian are not even close in comparison to the CMs at the Boardwalk. They barely spoke the whole time we were there for nine days. We love the convenience of the Boardwalk and walking to two parks. Most of all we love the overall ambience of the Boardwalk feel.

What a magical upgrade though. At least you can say you did one of the most expensive places on property.

Those who listed Coronado Springs as one they hate, I'm curious, have you been since they've renovated many of their rooms?

No, and in fact, I could barely watch the 7 in 7 episode. I was getting PTSD style flashbacks, I hated the entire hotel so much and the room was only one small part of that. Some laminate floors and new furniture does nothing to make me want to ever stay there again.

AOA LM rooms, we were in the back of building 8 and was shocked at how far away it was from everything.
CBR we were in a pirate room and so far away from Main Buildings we needed to drive or take internal bus.
Had a really bad experience at BC but willing to give it another try one day, I just cant seem to want to stay off the monorail line

Yacht Club. It was so dull, it made me leery of all the Epcot resorts with that "new England-y" theme.
Probably the Values. We stayed ASMo, and while I loved the theme (over the top Disney!), it was noisy and pretty cramped.

Yacht Club. It was so dull, it made me leery of all the Epcot resorts with that "new England-y" theme.
Probably the Values. We stayed ASMo, and while I loved the theme (over the top Disney!), it was noisy and pretty cramped.

I didn't really like the YC either. But, we LOVE the Beach Club! It's a completely different resort! The only thing that is "the same" is the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter