Which resort would you NOT stay at again...

According to a poster on the FW thread, ALL cabin loops are now "pet friendly" and, therefore, not necessarily "human-friendly" to all humans (however adorable the :dogdance:)!
I'm very frustrated because I love FW and, if true, this is just so thoughtless of Disney.

Hmmm—-I guess I read and was told at POR that it’s certain floors/sections at each resort. I suppose at FW it could be different with the cabin situation. If I wanted to stay and it was a hinderance I would call to confirm to see if it’s all cabins before I swore off a resort.

(ETA: Replying to post above.) Ah, of course! ;) Who wouldn't!

Having said that, if only it was as easy as getting a definitive answer from Disney. :rolleyes2 There are such conflicting reports from people who have asked Disney about various things (pet policies, room checks, construction work etc.). They get told different things and, even, then don't necessarily find their experiences match what they were told.

It would definitely be nice if some parts of FW are pet-free, but I don't have so much confidence in Disney to be considerate or consistent at the moment.

ETA: Yes, the other pet-friendly resorts are supposed to be, as you say, allowing pets in certain areas only. Reports back seem to vary.

Last edited:
Actual service dogs will not relieve them selves without the owner's permission.
Plus there will be a lot more dogs in the "dog friendly" resorts.
Untrained dogs at a resort = higher change of stepping in dog waste in public areas
as I said wasn't thinking about poop but someone who is allergic to dog hair or dander and service dogs have that

Very interesting thread! Thanks to OP for bringing this up.
We have stayed at CBR, BC, POP, ASSports, CSR, SSR. I admit I have sentimental reasons to like CBR (our first onsite experience -prior to reno- and DD did her first DCP there) I liked this resort. I didn't think the walk was bad at all (we visited in March and still walked to furthest building-still not a bad walk). 1st resort my son was brave enough to go down pool slide.

SSR is the one I'd probably not go back to. The room wasn't anymore special than Pop, and beds weren't as good. Plus Housekeeping knocked on door early checkout day which we were trying to sleep in (only resort this happened).

Surprisingly-the AllStars, which I swore I'd never do-wasn't any where near as bad as reports/reviews had lead me to believe. Bed was comfortable, walk wasn't bad, and bus service was fine (other than from AK-I swear every resort we've stayed at has had issues with buses from AK!!) Wouldn't hesitate to stay at Pop again.

I'd actually like to see the Dis Unplugged crew do a show on this

I'm not sure I would stay at AKL again. While I loved the restaurants and the balcony, the lack of storage in the room was a real problem. 2 small drawers and no place to store much luggage is a problem when you are have multiple people and are staying for a week. It made it difficult to get around each other, especially for afternoon breaks.

Given a choice, I would not stay in a resort that charges for parking and does not honor do not disturb signs and will wake you up if you are napping to come in. But, seems like I have no choice.

We have stayed at every single Disney resort and enjoyed all of them, for different reasons.

We won't be staying at GF again. For the premium that we paid for our rooms we were terribly, terribly disappointed. Unless they refurbish the rooms and the restaurants in their entirety, we won't be back. Sad, but true.

I won’t stay at AKL again. Don’t get me wrong it is very nice, but if I am going to stay in a deluxe again I am going to stay at a monorail resort. We loved the contemporary and I would stay there again. If your only option of transportationis a bus to me you might as well stay at a value resort.

I won’t stay at AKL again. Don’t get me wrong it is very nice, but if I am going to stay in a deluxe again I am going to stay at a monorail resort. We loved the contemporary and I would stay there again. If your only option of transportationis a bus to me you might as well stay at a value resort.

This is pretty much why we don't stay there. I know it's a little less than other deluxes, but we visited the resort and it felt isolated.

Crazily enough, I don't think I'd stay at the Art of Animation again. The Cars suites were fun and the food court was good, but there were so few walkways that the resort always seemed crowded to me and although the Big Blue Pool was very pretty, it was really just a big pool. I actually love the smaller, more spread out buildings and landscaping of CBR, although with the major construction, we're trying CSR this time. I guess it just goes to show that there's a resort for everyone!!!

I think this thread is really cool to see one place to see what everyone doesn't like about a resort with out having to go to multiple places. It seems like we will get a vote for every single resort when all is said and done. I can't wait to see what other people are thinking. Personally I have stayed so far at Pop, CBR, SSR, POFQ, AKL-K, and Coronado. So far out of those places I would stay at all of them again. My next trip I am staying at Poly and ASMovies for the first time and I will also be staying at AKL-K. My goal is to stay at every hotel and then I should be able to fully judge.

We won't be staying at GF again. For the premium that we paid for our rooms we were terribly, terribly disappointed. Unless they refurbish the rooms and the restaurants in their entirety, we won't be back. Sad, but true.

Totally agree. Those rooms are showing their age BIG TIME. When we stayed there, we had an AC issue that was worked on for about 5 hours over 2 days and was never fully resolved. The maintenance guy told me "it needs a whole new unit, so this is the best I can do." That's inexcusable. The unit looked about as old as the resort itself. It was absolutely ancient, and completely filthy. I paid way too much to be hot all night in August.

Coronado is my top "not again", but I am willing to try again after the new tower is open. But, if it is bad, again, it will be THREE STRIKES AND YOU ARE OUT!

I haven't stayed at too many of them, but since staying at the Villas at the Grand Floridian in December, I'm hard-pressed to want to stay anywhere but there from now on. I'm looking forward to AKV-Kidani in June, and maybe I'll fall in love with it when I'm there, but I'm already preparing myself for it to be less convenient. My favorite park is MK, particularly Main St. USA, and the Grand just feels like an extension of that charming atmosphere. It's everything Disney World is supposed to be to me.

The only other place I've stayed is Coronado (twice) and I won't say "never" but I have no burning desire to return. I liked it fine, but I didn't have anything to compare it to.

As of right now, if I can stay at VGF every time I go from here on out (obviously excluding the Kidani stay), I'm happy. I like being familiar and "at home" at the resort. No need to stay elsewhere.

Probably an odd answer but we tried GF and BWI(in our quest to try all Deluxe and Moderates) and I don't think I would do either of them again. Both felt a little too fancy(so the kids say), also BWI we had a very small balcony. I like the location of both don't get me wrong. Just not for me.

For the locations I would probably choose YC/BC over BWI and any of the MK area resorts over GF.

Poly sits at the bottom of my Deluxe list. Fine to visit but I don't like the lack of 2nd floor balconies (and I always end up on the second floor) and TBH, I did not get a warm, fuzzy feeling on the last stay there.

This is one of the things that left a bad taste in our mouths. When booking, I specified I wanted a room with either a patio or a balcony and I was willing to pay for that category. I was assured three separate times that all club level rooms had one or the other.

We check in and of course, we are assigned a 2nd floor room and no 1st or 3rd were available for the first couple of nights of our stay. We could have moved later but didn’t want to give up park time to move after all our stuff was unpacked.

We use outdoor space at resort rooms when we travel and it was a disappointment not to have it at the Poly.

I called the agent and she was baffled as well and said that Disney assured her all club rooms had a balcony or patio.

I have stayed at Dolphin, BC, OKW, BWI, POR, SSR. I have also visited people staying at GF and CBR. Of those, I would not stay at SSR or POR again. We just didn’t like the theming. The rooms and busses were fine. I prefer and Epcot resort most of the time.

I don't think I would stay at a motel style resort again. I like having the hallways on the inside. That way if I want to get a drink or whatever, I don't have to deal with the weather and being outside.

I've stayed at POP, ASMU, CBR (multiple trips), POR, POR-FQ (multiple trips), CSR, and AKL. I will never stay at a Value resort again. Ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter