Which resort would you NOT stay at again...

Saratoga Springs. Transportation was terrible and housekeeping insisted on knocking on our door before 9am.

So if they could add buses or somehow fix their awful transportation, I might give it another try. And if they could somehow communicate with housekeeping and stop them from knocking so gosh darn early, I might change my mind.

But right now, I wouldn't stay there unless there wasn't another choice.

I don't like any of the Value Resorts but I will not rule them out if I need one night for a late arrival before starting a DVC stay. I like to save my DVC points when I can. I can tolerate anything for one night but there's no way that I would choose to stay at a Value Resort for any length of time. I'd go offsite before I did that. Or stay home. That's how strongly I feel about them.

When it comes to Moderate Resorts, CSR is at the bottom of my list because of the chaotic food court.

Poly sits at the bottom of my Deluxe list. Fine to visit but I don't like the lack of 2nd floor balconies (and I always end up on the second floor) and TBH, I did not get a warm, fuzzy feeling on the last stay there.

SSR is my least-loved DVC resort but only because it is so spread out. It would be awesome if there were a couple of QS restaurants located in the more remote areas of the resort. It can be a pain to have to take an internal bus just to get to the feature pool or to grab a quick snack. But I would not bypass staying there if it was my only option.

I think the issue with that resort is the size of it. If you are staying at one of the farthest rooms, it is quit a hike to the main building. Of course you can take the internal shuttle but no one likes waiting on the buses LOL. Also the bus situation, since there are so many stops that are spread out that far, it feels like it takes forever just to get out of the resort. Now if they "split" the resort in 2 and make a couple of different loops for the bus and add a food area on the far end, then I think it would improve it.
You make very good points.

We stayed at CBR when we used to park hop and go all day. We had blisters on our blisters. The last thing we needed was to have to walk and walk and walk at our resort. The rooms weren’t any better than the value. Everything was far from our room. We were much happier staying at the Music. Nothing was a far walk and the busses were great.

Now we only stay deluxe, but we also spend a lot more time in the resort.

I hate to echo some of the above comments and sound 'bouji' but we will never stay at any of the value resorts. Feels like a rat race, although I will say the kids enjoyed the pools.... but that's about it. I really wish the family enjoyed them, it would save me a lot of money haha.... Monorail resorts or WL only for us. Turns a $4000 vacation into $10,000 very quickly! lol

Ok, for full disclosure we are going to try the Dolphin this next trip as its a year we are not supposed to visit but have found a crazy deal and are going to give it a go! lol

Last edited:
Out of the DVC resorts, we would not return to BLT. The villas just didn’t appeal to us.

CBR is the one we would not stay at, and since we have no issue with PoP I would say we would not stay at any of the All Star's. But as someone else mentioned I don't think I would ever say I will never stay somewhere. We love to go and try for 2 to 3 trips a year with AP's and as a result limit ourselves to Value and Moderates. We are go and do people and that means lot's of Park time and lots of touring other resorts to look in shops and see the decor. I just cannot bring myself to pay the money for the deluxe rooms. We have promised ourselves a split stay at some point to try a deluxe but even a night or two at well over $500 a night keeps us from doing it. We stay on site to be close, get ME, onsite transport and no rental car. Part of the money I pay for staying on site is for these things. I just look at PoP for $165 a night vs Contemporary for $650 a night and for 7 nights that's $3,400 which for the wife and I is a whole extra 7 day trip!

Polynesian. It needs a major refurbishment, and more importantly, it is the only place on WDW property where I have ever received terrible customer service (and in fact experienced consistently bad service throughout our stay). When price is factored in, it is at the absolute bottom of my resort list.

We stayed at the Boardwalk when DH had a work conference. We didn't like it, and would not stay there if we were paying for it. I didn't like the decor in the room, it was very 'old lady' in my opinion. We didn't like that the drink filling station was inconvenient. We thought the bus service was not great. And we thought the layout was weird. We were in a first floor room, it was on the level of the boardwalk, but in the back away from the boardwalk. To get to the boardwalk, we had to take an elevator up to the lobby, walk thru the lobby, then either take stairs or an elevator down to the boardwalk. It just seemed poorly designed.
I got a good chuckle out of this as I don't hear the description "old lady's room" very often but that is exactly how my wife and I described one of our stays at POR several years ago. We were in the mansions section, I think before they upgraded to Princess rooms. We disliked it so much we actually switched resorts to the Coronado and actually enjoyed our stay there.

The Poly is an interesting one, we stayed there for our first ever Disney World Trip as a family 10 years ago (we'd been to DW before but not with kids). It was awesome! Great themes, great transportation and awesome hospitality! The Monorail was empty and we had such a great time! We stayed there again last year for a week and while the new developments have brought some awesome additions, it just felt very very touristy. It was packed, everything all the time felt like it was almost at capacity... probably because it was lol but still, it felt busy. The monorail was a joke, it was basically full from people at the TTC so often, you simply wouldn't be able to get on with a stroller etc..

All in all we felt it wasn't worth the price, it has lost some of its magic and has become a little sterile. I think there is still enough 'magic' and nostalgia to make it a special trip, but my family and I agree that we won't break our backs financially to stay there anymore. Which is sad really......

All Star Sports-noisy, dirty (found a half eaten doughnut under the bed) and the pools weren't impressive at all.

Actual service dogs will not relieve them selves without the owner's permission.
Plus there will be a lot more dogs in the "dog friendly" resorts.
Untrained dogs at a resort = higher change of stepping in dog waste in public areas

While that’s true, service dogs and pet dogs have the same effect on people with allergies, which is why the dog issue was brought up in this thread. The person who initially mentioned it did so because of an allergy. Thus, the responses cautioning that a dog could have been in the room at any resort. The chance is smaller at the resorts who don’t allow pet dogs, of course, but the chance exists nonetheless.

I've only stayed at CBR, Poly and BC. I enjoyed all of them and would stay at all of them again. We got lucky at CBR with close rooms both times.

I've never stayed here but I would never stay here even if the room was free. FW cabins or campground. I would rather stay offsite.

I would give a value a try but I would start with 1-2 nights.

The only resorts we haven't stayed at so far are Grand Floridan, Fort wilderness, and Art of Animation. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I would never stay at any of them again because....never say never.....

However, our least favorite resorts, and ones we would try our best to avoid are the value resorts, Riverside, saratoga, and old key west. Those just either didn't appeal to us, we're too loud and busy, or just felt like any hotel outside of Disney.

We are booked for a few nights at Sports before we move to the Poly on an upcoming trip, so like I said, never say never. Lol

We owned DVC for 8 years and stayed at them all, plus stayed at almost all of the other resorts at one point. My list of never again:

All the All Stars
CBR
BW
SSR

The Wilderness lodge. The rooms need an update (you could tell those beds had been quite worn in last June) and the pool was smaller than I had imagined. I think with a hard goods refurb I would consider staying there again, but not right now.

All-Stars Music.
One of the farthest rooms and whole resort needs a return.

Had a terrible experience at WL on a mother/son trip.
Bad customer service, terrible food court, horrid view of a swamp from our Woods view room and the fireworks from MK shook our balcony door so hard we thought it was a bomb. Plus worst bus service I've ever experienced.
Of course it's DHs dream resort so I may end up having to try it again some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter