~Which resort did you stay at and did you get towel animals?~

We stayed at POR for 8 nights in August and didn't get any. It only bothered me because it was our first trip and my kids' friends, who had been to Disney in the past, got them all excited about the towel animals. We passed many rooms that had them in the windows and my kids thought they were so great. When I explained that it depends on the maid you get, they thought they didn't get any because our maid didn't like us, lol. Poor kids. It was a minor let down, but not a big deal.

It didn't make or break our trip (it was the best vacation we have ever been on), but it would have thrilled them to get some. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

With kids, stayed at All-Star Sports, Dixie Landings, and Coronado Springs. Not one towel animal or anything, ever.

Usually most of our trips we get at least one towel animal. At our recent trip at pofq we didn't get any but on our one night at BWV there was a towel animal (can't remember the kind) but it had stickers and all all over it and it was waiting for us when we checked in.

The best time we ever had with towel animals was at AKL in Sept of 03. Every day mousekeeping left towel people and set up our room all cute....

One day they were wearing my girls pjs & hat
Day2towelperson.jpg

And another day they were wearing my girls chef hats from Epcot
Day4towelpeople.jpg

We had a ghost made from a sheet at POR last October. The only other place I've gotten one was at ASMu. None at ASMo, POFQ, CSR, BWI, OKW or my other 3 stays at POR/DxL

ETA
we did get a little bunny made from a wash cloth at OKW this past May

After many stays, we got our first (and only) towel "birdie" at the POR in June of this year... :goodvibes

We got tons of towel animals at CBR. They even made a hammock out of a towel hanging from the window to put my sons stuffed animals in. It was a lot of fun getting them and added a little magic to the trip. We had several trips before to other resorts (CSR, CR and POR) and never got them, but never gave it much thought. At POFQ we got a towel toothbrush holder and they arranged my sons stuffed animals one day.

We never give it much thought so when we get them it's special.

My son got penguins in the AKL. They had stickers for eys and were set up in the bathroom. Nice touch!

Just a couple of towel "fans" at the Poly, but the mousekeeper knew we didn't have kids (although this "big" kid wouldn't have minded one)! :rotfl:

It seems to me it is totally hit or miss with towel animals. Don't expect them, and just be pleasantly surprised if you get one.

In August, at CSR, we had about 10 over a one week stay. The most elaborate was a baby and mama bear. Personally, I liked Nemo best. We took five of them home and gave some away to the other kids who had parents at my husband's meeting. We didn't get them either time we stayed at the Boardwalk or when we stayed at POR. They are like little works of art. I don't know where the maids find the time to make them.

I have brought home a duck and a dog. They now pose for compromising photographs.

f2612ef4.jpg

It should have been fairly obvious that there were no children staying in my room.

AKL - no towel animals and really wasn't expecting any.

gf and got 2 and the toothbrush holder thingie. i really don't see what the big deal is though :)

Poly and no animals but nice service and a GREAT room and resort!!

She did infact pose our kids' animals and dolls on the bed and they were "watching tv" and "napping" under the covers!! We did get towel fans too!!

Always plenty of soap, towels and extra items!!

At CBR in March, we received a bunny, a dog, and a swan. They were all very cute. :) My children and I thought they were adorabe, dh was just confused.

We did tip daily with a cute envelope the kids helped make. I also made the beds daily and cleaned up the room somewhat. I left a note asking housekeeping to leave the beds as they were each day, except of course mid-week when the sheets needed changed.

I wonder if the amount of time the mousekeeper needs to spend in your room cleaning has something to do with whether or not one receives towel characters.

I don't think tipping has anything to do with it...we tipped quite generously IMO...anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks a day then 10 for bell services too...I don't know what it is but I don't really care!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter