~Which resort did you stay at and did you get towel animals?~

PrincessCandaceMarie

DIS Veteran
Hey Everyone

Which resort have you stayed at during your most recent trip and did you get towel animals left for you from Mousekeeping?

Mine was POP and GF and I had ducks, bunnies, flowers and pouches!

I loooooove them! They're sitting in my bathroom at home now!

We have been to all 3 all stars and CSR and Dixie and BW and OKW and WL and none have done towel animals but they did pose the kids stuffed animals each day they came in.

PrincessCandaceMarie said:
Hey Everyone

Which resort have you stayed at during your most recent trip and did you get towel animals left for you from Mousekeeping?

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you buy them or just take them?

The towel animals that were left by my Mousekeepers told me to take them home and give them 'love'; I always ask before I pack them away, I don't want to get the Mousekeepers in trouble....

We stayed at CBR in May of 2004. While walking to the bus stop one morning, we commented on several of the windows of rooms we passed that had towel animals in them. Both of us figured it was because there were children staying in those rooms. Well, when we returned that night, we thought we were in the wrong room - the entire window was filled with bunnies, fish, flowers, along with some of the souveniers we bought, all made up to look like a beach scene. All this for a couple of middle-aged women!

This past May at AKL we had the most wonderful mousekeeper named Jill. She took care of us the year before when I was sick at WDW, so we were thrilled to have her again. She also remembered us, and she went out of her way to "decorate" our room. She didn't make towel animals, but she took some of the stuffed animals we bought and did something different with them every day. My favorite was when she sat Eyeore in a chair with my Tink cap on his head and a pair of sunglasses on, with a Disney park map propped up as if he were planning his day.

Never got any towel animals or surprises on any of my other trips, so these were very special.

Stayed at CBR in Feb 04 and received only one towel animal, but Mousekeeping did set it up to look like it was playing with DD's stuffed animals. This past Feb we stayed at POFQ and got one new one each day. All of them were set up to be looking out the window for my DS and DD to return from the park each day. We got ducks, bunnies, flowers and even a men's dress shirt complete with tie. It was great.

We stayed at CBR this April and we had bunnies and a wierd person made out of a towel! They didnt do this everyday though.

Out of all levels of hotels, I have only gotten a towel animal at ASSP. The Poly & ASMO have left face cloth toothbrush holders though.

We have gotten towel animals at:

POR - got them everyday, some of them were elaborate - my favorite was the elephant
WL - got towel animals on two out of five days.

We have not gotten towel animals at:
POFQ
CBR
AKL
Swan

Some have said that leaving the mousekeepers a tip daily improves your chances of getting towel animals. I always leave tips by the day anyway since you do not always have the same person doing it, so I can't say if it effects it or not. I think it probably relates more to whether or not your mousekeeper knows how to make them or has time.

I too have wondered what the protocol is for keeping towel animals. My wife and I had this discussion after we got the elephant.
The two sides are:
A) The towels and washclothes belong to the hotel, you should leave them there
B) The castmember spent time and love putting those together for you or your kids, it could possibly hurt their feelings or send the message that you didn't care if you just left them behind. For that reason, we always left detailed thank you notes.

Have never received a towel animal-- not at deluxe, not at mod, and not at value.

And that doesn't bother me!! :teeth:

I stayed at the Poly for 8 night Dec. '04 and got animals each night. I wonder if the $5 per night tip and the 1/2 dozen stuffed Mickey's we'd brought along had anything to do with it?

towelpig.jpg

towelheart.jpg

towelgator.jpg

towelcanoe.jpg

towelbunny.jpg

towel5.jpg

PrincessCandaceMarie said:
Hey Everyone

:goodvibes Last rtip was CBR in August. We had so many we had a swan, bunnies, a dog, a cat thats all I can remember. My kids were so excited to see what they would find. Our mousekeeper would also arrange kids dolls with the towel animals, and my sons bath toys in the tub. She was great! :earboy2: :earboy2:

We got a very lovely swan 2 weeks ago at BWI on our last night. We didn't bring it home though. :flower:

Hi! :wave:

In 2003 we stayed at ASpo and in 2005 we stayed at POR - we got a towel animal every single night we got back :love:. My boys even have their own Blankies which they brought to Disney World on both ocasions and MouseKeeping even used their Blankies and toys to surprise us. We will be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in December and I'm hoping to get the same surprises :wizard: :wizard:

47b5d932b3127cce929e4233d65500000016108Ics27Vsxcw

47b5d932b3127cce929e42cc579a00000016108Ics27Vsxcw

I stayed at All Star Movies last week, and I got a tootbrush holder. It was cute. I didn't expect it--I was on a solo trip--so it was nice.

I have stayed at the Swan (nothing,) the Contemporary (a Mickey Mouse head,) and ASMu 2 times. Once, I got a small duck, and the next time nothing. I think it really depends on who you get for a housekeeper--the first time, the housekeeping (it said "Henry" on the card) was very good, and the second time (no one signed the card) it was rather hit-and-miss. When I spoke to them in passing in the hallway (I tried to tell them the ice maching was broken,) it didn't seem as though they understood much English so perhaps that was a factor.

If people want to take the towel animals home, maybe that's why they don't do towel animals as much as they previously did. I imagine that gets very expensive for the hotels.

POR- We received a huge frog, bunnies, a doll, a cat and all kinds of set ups with my kid's stuffed toys.

Out of all our stays, the only time we have gotten a towel animal was at AllStarMusic. A terrific swan. I didn't take it home though. At the time I didn't realize I could have. When we were at Pop in August, there were a ton of towel animals being left. You could see them in all the windows!!! In our bldg..#2 50's, there were whole sections that had them, and then other sections (ours) that had none. It looks like some mousekeepers do them and others don't. I don't really think it has anything to do with the amount of tip though. We always leave $3 a day if it's just dd and myself and $5 if my dh is with us...and we are ridiculously neat.
But, one time when we came back to our room at Pop, we walked in and the TV was on. I started to tell my dd that she shouldn't be leaving it on when we leave. She just pointed to her Corduroy bear....he was lying on the bed, with 2 other plush figures, and he had the remote control in his hand!!! They were all propped up on the pillows!!! It was just too funny.

I don't go expecting towel animals. They are fun when they happen but it's not a trip wrecker if we don't see any. I'm curious tho....for those of you that got more than one...did you take them all home, or just choose one??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!