Which Disney ride do you enjoy but causes discomfort?

I love the safari in AK. I have a bad disc in my back. Usually, I am fine riding it, but every once in a while it really gets me. One year I was in so much pain at the end of the ride, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get up and out of the seat under my own power. Thankfully, it has only hurt that bad one time.
My mom found that, too. Hers is arthritis in her L5. Unbeknownst to us at the time, she also had a bone cancer spot growing in that spot. She was greatful for the hottub that night. (and the cancer has been treated)

No trouble with RnR. Seems smooth to me. Went on Space last trip in 2016. Seemed a bit smoother than prior trips but still rough. Not nearly as fun as DL's version. I want to go on Dino for our upcoming trip but am afraid it may upset my bad lower back. I've been on it in years past without issue but skipped it in 2016.

What about Flight of Passage? Bit afraid the brace will press against my lower back which wouldn't be good. Does it jerk you around at all or is it smooth?

Space Mountain - it's just too rough.

I've got some vertigo issues that keep me off other rides - but Space is the one that just hurts the body.

I enjoy 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, but my legs always feel cramped. I'm a bigger guy with big thighs, but there is just no wiggle room at all once they lock you in.
I have long legs as well and got bruises from the ride. It wasn't a very attractive look while wearing sundresses, shorts, and bathing suits on vacations.

Another vote for Space here. I am 6-2 and have mild lower back issues that I have been trying to keep in check for the past couple of years. What has worked with me recently is sitting in position 2 or 3 because they both have leg room and I don't like being jerked around as much in 5 or 6 (we are a party of 4 so I can always snag one of my preferred seats. I also crank the bar down pretty tight and push my back into the seat with my legs. This strategy helped me to actually enjoy SM quite a bit last month. We probably rode it about 5 or 6 times with minimal discomfort.

Tried Primeval Whirl and just did not enjoy it at all so that was pretty much a one and done.

I'm finding that when a ride makes me uncomfortable I can't say I really enjoy it. BTMR is a bit rough but I do love that attraction--it's a top 5 ride for me.:)

RnR is roughest for me. My head seems to jostle from side to side against the restraint. Never recalled it being that rough when I was younger! :-)

Like the title says. As we get older the body isnt 18 anymore.

For me I love Space Mountain but being over 6 feet tall my neck hurts almost everytime I ride it. From getting thrown around in the dark. Id ride it more often but after 1 time I need ADVIL. LOL
Love your avatar!!!

For me it’s Tea Cups. Alice in wonderland is my favorite Disney movie and I love the ride but my motion sickness does not :(

I love Mine Train... however, this summer, they literally slammed on the breaks (more than one time) when we rode it over a 2 week period. The worst was right after the big drop - We got to the bottom and it just stopped. My neck hurt for about an hour after that. The other times were right in front of Snow White. I don’t recall the stop being so abrupt in trips past. Hopefully in November it won’t be so rough.

My vote is RnRC. I love the ride, but the last few times, the cars have not been nearly as smooth as they used to be and you get thrown around more than previously.

On our last trip to WDW my wife and I agreed that would be our last time doing Space Mountain at WDW. Mid-ride I could feel how it jerked me around and hurt my back enough to not care to do it again. I had no other issues on Big Thunder or Seven Dwarfs.

However after doing Flight of Passage I don't think I'll do that one again, defiantly played with my sense of balance and lasted longer then I felt comfortable with.

My tummy did some flipflops the last time I rode Star Tours, which makes me sad because I love that ride. It's just like being in Star Wars. Now I hear they might be getting rid of it. Hopefully they'll replace it with something better.

I hurt my back on Star Tours on my last trip. Sadly, another ride I have to cross off my list.

It ain't easy getting older.....

This is why i'm not too happy with the current "put in a roller coaster" mentality of Disney. I loved RCs when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, and developed back and neck problems, my roller coaster days are over and i'm looking for more sedate, less jerky rides. FWIW, People Mover is one of my favorites!

I agree with most, Space Mountain at WDW is far worse than an DL, and Big Thunder is another one I avoid. But if you really want to ruin your spine, try Goofy's Sky School at DCA. The worst.

I hurt my back on Star Tours on my last trip. Sadly, another ride I have to cross off my list.

It ain't easy getting older.....

This is why i'm not too happy with the current "put in a roller coaster" mentality of Disney. I loved RCs when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, and developed back and neck problems, my roller coaster days are over and i'm looking for more sedate, less jerky rides. FWIW, People Mover is one of my favorites!

Yeah I prefer "dark rides" to the roller coaster type attractions. Miss the old ones like World of Motion, Horizons etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter