Which Disney ride do you enjoy but causes discomfort?

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
Like the title says. As we get older the body isnt 18 anymore.

For me I love Space Mountain but being over 6 feet tall my neck hurts almost everytime I ride it. From getting thrown around in the dark. Id ride it more often but after 1 time I need ADVIL. LOL

I agree. Space mountain has my vote. I did better on hyperspace mountain at DL. It’s a 2 seater and did not seem as jerky. I did not even do space mountain last trip. Too rough on the neck

Yeah, any roller coasters without neck or head support are brutal. I also find the shooter buttons on Buzz Lightyear are really hard to keep pushing with arthritis in my hands. The same goes for pulling the string on Toy Story Mania. I love both rides, but it does take a toll.

My mom couldn't do Soarin' this last time, because the ride entrance was making her vertigo act up. She used to love that ride, so that was disappointing.

I love Crush n Gusher in Typhoon Lagoon. But it sucked when I fell off the raft and tore up my back when I was a kiddo. Still fun, but I gotta say I’m a bit cautious (despite the extra 100 lbs to weight be down LOL)

I find Space Mountain more injurious than Matterhorn. I think it has more to being in the dark and not being able to position myself properly for the twists and turns...

My tummy did some flipflops the last time I rode Star Tours, which makes me sad because I love that ride. It's just like being in Star Wars. Now I hear they might be getting rid of it. Hopefully they'll replace it with something better.

Space Mountain. Last year's ride adjusted my neck. COuld have just as easily sent it more out of whack. Trepidatious for the next ride.

As older Disney lovers, we can no longer ride the roller coasters, the spinning rides, anything the bottom drops out of or those that are very jerky. However, there is still enough that we love and can enjoy to renew our AP's one more time. Then we will re-evaluate and see if we want to continue to spend our retirement dollars at Disney.

Mission Space. Even the orange level gives me an uneasy sense. The green level? Forget it! Centrifuges are for lab specimens, not people! It doesn't leave me sick but I was very anxious the few times that I rode it.

I love the slow part/story of Splash Mountain but I hate drops like it has.

Yeah, any roller coasters without neck or head support are brutal. I also find the shooter buttons on Buzz Lightyear are really hard to keep pushing with arthritis in my hands. The same goes for pulling the string on Toy Story Mania. I love both rides, but it does take a toll.

I found out on my last trip that you can just hold the button down on Buzz!

Space Mountain at WDW *is* rough, but I go on it at least once with my kids because they love it so much. I also am not a huge fan of Matterhorn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter