Which deluxe is 'best bet' for a balcony

I like to be able to book what I want and not have to worry about requests in order to get a good view. At some resorts you can book a category that will guarantee a known level of size, comfort and view on your balcony.

Our experiences/opinions of "best bet" balconies in WDW:

The best balcony views, IMO, are from the CR tower on a high floor. The Bay Lake views are gorgeous! The MK views have a parking lot below, but we found that we were so busy watching the MK, the boats on the lake, ELP and the general MK area that we never even noticed the Parking lot. We LOVED our CR balconies (both views)! If you book CR CL then you know that you will be on the 12th (atrium CL) or 14th (tower CL) floors. The CR rooms are large and comfy, the balconies are full size. For ability to book the desired balcony/view, my favourite resort is easily the CR (tower only).

Second best would be the balconies at the GF. No truly bad (parking lot, dumpster) views here - just some views that are not as good as others (such as facing another building). The resort is lovely with rooms and balconies that are spacious and comfortable. We have had a tree in front of our balcony blocking the view (SL CL), but it was a 'standard' view, so it wasn't too upsetting. You DO have to worry about getting a 'dormer' room, though.

In the Epcot area, I would choose the YC from among the WDW resorts. There are a very few rooms that do not have a balcony at the YC. However, many rooms do not have a great view. We paid a premium for a water view in CL and ended up with a view of an ugly roof and the crowded pool. UGH!! I was so not impressed - a parking lot would have been as nice and a lot less expensive. Another time at the YC, I was given a water view room that looked directly into a tree! (The water was on the other side of the tree, but we couldn't see it.) However, the options of the BC with potential Juliet balconies or the BWI also with various sized balconies are not great. Our experience with a BWV balcony at the BWI was that the balcony was almost too small to use by two people and the room was noisy from BW activity even with the patio doors shut.

Another option in the Epcot area is to book the Dolphin and book an Illuminations view with balcony. Those are spectacular and you know that you will have a sensational view with a small (but sufficient) sized balcony. The rooms and beds are really comfortable as well. We have truly enjoyed our balconies there.

AKL has some enclosed balconies and some views that are really not that great. Most balconies and views are good, however. The problem is that you never know what you will get as there are some good and some not as good in every category. We usually have lovely views at AKL, but have had views that were less than ideal as well (in all categories).

Good luck!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter