Which deluxe is 'best bet' for a balcony

HaveKidsWillTravel

What have I gotten myself into?
we are looking at a multi generational trip. Last time we lucked out with a gorgeous (and I mean gorgeous!) third floor room/balcony at poly overlooking oasis pool. Now my parents are in love with the balcony and really want one should they come along again. They spend more time at the resort and love having the private outdoor space. So out of curiousity, if we were to make a balcony our priority, which resort would we have the best chance at getting one at?

we are looking at a multi generational trip. Last time we lucked out with a gorgeous (and I mean gorgeous!) third floor room/balcony at poly overlooking oasis pool. Now my parents are in love with the balcony and really want one should they come along again. They spend more time at the resort and love having the private outdoor space. So out of curiousity, if we were to make a balcony our priority, which resort would we have the best chance at getting one at?
We had a great balconies at Boardwalk Inn and Animal Kingdom Lodge, both standard view rooms that had great views.

It may not be what you're looking for because the balcony isn't huge, but my mom loved the Animal Kingdom Lodge balcony. We rented points for a 1 bedroom overlooking the savanna and requested 2nd floor, and she loved looking at the animals over morning coffee. The downside is that some of the rooms can be far from the entrance. But the lodge also has a fire pit gathering area where some of the staff will give talks in the afternoon too. We highly recommend it.

It may not be what you're looking for because the balcony isn't huge, but my mom loved the Animal Kingdom Lodge balcony. We rented points for a 1 bedroom overlooking the savanna and requested 2nd floor, and she loved looking at the animals over morning coffee. The downside is that some of the rooms can be far from the entrance. But the lodge also has a fire pit gathering area where some of the staff will give talks in the afternoon too. We highly recommend it.
I would LOVE AKL, my biggest fear is that it's just 'too far' from MK and EPCOT where we spend most of our time. But I think the whole family would love it. Eek! Decisions decisions

I would LOVE AKL, my biggest fear is that it's just 'too far' from MK and EPCOT where we spend most of our time. But I think the whole family would love it. Eek! Decisions decisions

What's your idea of too far? It's about a 5 minute ride to AK, -about 10-15 minute ride to Epcot DHS and it's about 15-20 for MK- those don't seem too far for me

If you think about it it's maybe 5 minutes longer to MK then most and is actually pretty close to DHS/ EPCOT

Friends who stayed there told me it took them between 25-40 minutes (once they were on the bus) to get to MK from animal kingdom. How many rooms (or what percentage of rooms) have balconies at AKL? I should go check out their resort page.

Friends who stayed there told me it took them between 25-40 minutes (once they were on the bus) to get to MK from animal kingdom. How many rooms (or what percentage of rooms) have balconies at AKL? I should go check out their resort page.

From what I understand 25-40 is usually with the wait for the bus- depends if you are going busy season as well

All rooms have balconies that aren't on the first floor

There is actual post about bus times from AKL you can see somewhere in resort threads

Our last 4 stays at AKL the longest it ever took to Magic Kingdom was 21 minutes. And that was getting stuck behind an accident. The others averaged around 17. The other parks are all around 10 minutes. I'm a dork and take notes on these things every trip.

I would choose YC. You can walk to Epcot, walk or boat to DHS, you have all the restaurants of the YC/BC, Swan & Dolphin and the Boardwalk within walking distance and SAB is the best pool on property.

WL has balconies on every room as far as I know, except for first floor has patios. And they have two chairs and a table on them. Boulder Ridge Villas at WL have a few studios that do not have balconies. AKL all have balconies except for first floor, and the Savannah experience is awesome, but I love WL due to it's themeing and proximity to MK.

Boardwalk and Yacht Club both have <5 rooms in the entire resort without a balcony or a patio. I believe all rooms at the GF have a balcony or patio, and all rooms in the main building at CR have a balcony, so those should be your choices in the MK/Epcot area.

If you really want a balcony, YC, WL, AKL, BWI, GF and CR (Tower rooms) are all safe bets. It's really only Poly and BC where you run into balcony issues.

My pick -
AKL Savanna view
WL Courtyard view

Friends who stayed there told me it took them between 25-40 minutes (once they were on the bus) to get to MK from animal kingdom.

How many rooms (or what percentage of rooms) have balconies at AKL? I should go check out their resort page.

No way on the bus info you got. MAX 20 minutes but if they hit lights right shorter.

Other than first floor Pool View which have patio, I think they all have balconies.

if a balcony is the topic for a Disney world stay I would say animal kingdom lodge should be on the top of that list.
As far as the bus service from there I don't understand where the over 20 minute travel to magic kingdom came from. It uses direct routes and has its own buses. We just got from beach club and that service was ok but definitely not nothing better or faster then anywhere else.

Friends who stayed there told me it took them between 25-40 minutes (once they were on the bus) to get to MK from animal kingdom.

Crazy. It's 8 miles from AKL to MK. A 40 minute ride would mean the bus was only averaging 12 mph, which we all know simply isn't true. Even at 25 minutes, the bus would be averaging a slow 19.67 mph...also highly unlikely.

These "cross-country" trip reports from AKL are simply fabrications.

Crazy. It's 8 miles from AKL to MK. A 40 minute ride would mean the bus was only averaging 12 mph, which we all know simply isn't true. Even at 25 minutes, the bus would be averaging a slow 19.67 mph...also highly unlikely.

These "cross-country" trip reports from AKL are simply fabrications.
Ok ok. It's apparently not that far. So - tell me about the balconies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter