Where to go after VMK?

True that, but Monkey's got a point, too. How can you go wrong with a game in which you can stand in the grass and pee yourself? :rotfl2:

LOL reading this thread has made me smile for the first time since the announcement of the demise of VMK. I am downloading the game now (Sims). Do you think they have gophers redshoe?? :idea:

Has anyone tried the Build-a-Bear-ville? I saw stuff about it a couple months ago at the store, but never actually checked it out.

Has anyone tried the Build-a-Bear-ville? I saw stuff about it a couple months ago at the store, but never actually checked it out.

I was wondering the same thing. I buy a lot of B-A-B stuff on vacations (I'm a bear collector), and I was one of the people giving them feedback on what I wanted from an online game, as well as what I wanted their funville named. I had been hounded about being a beta tester, but with VMK, I ignored it. Wish I hadn't now! I'm trying to register; just waiting for the confirmation email.

I use to think the Filter was annoying. The dictionary was very limited. However now I think that dictionary is better then saying any word you wish.

Gaia is not family-friendly...please do not allow your children to roam around public rooms, if you decide to let them play. If you stay out of the public rooms, you shouldn't have to deal with the bad language that ppl sometimes use. You can make a private room to play games (and earn gold) and only give your friends the password to enter...you can watch real world movies and television shows (also in a private rooms with friends). You can buy clothing and furniture to furnish your home (you can also make that so only friends can enter). I was away from Gaia for a while and am just coming back to it, so I cannot remember everything. I just wanted everyone to know that Gaia's public rooms were not family-friendly and not recommended for young children (older children -- use your own discretion). :goodvibes

Thanks Days for this info, I found out very quickly after signing up that it will not be a game that I'll let my daughter play unless I'm right with her and we'll defnitely be staying in private rooms. I just really hope there is something else out there she can enjoy. As for now, we'll stick with the fuzzy animal online games like Webkinz, Ty, Kookeys.

I'm glad you mentioned this because I saw this also recently and meant to sign my daughter up but forgot about. I just registered and I'm waiting for the activation email and hopefully it will be something she'll enjoy. I'm not thinking it's something that I'll get actively involved with. I'm going to miss VMK so much.

The only other place I've ever played is Neopets. It's nothing like VMK though. You can't even chat with ppl. But you can buy stuff, you take care of your pets, and you can build your house and stuff. As far as kids, I feel it's safe, just probably not as fun for them.

http://neopets.com

LOL reading this thread has made me smile for the first time since the announcement of the demise of VMK. I am downloading the game now (Sims). Do you think they have gophers redshoe?? :idea:

I say that if you want gophers, then by golly, you shall HAVE your gophers! I know...let's start a letter writing campaign to EA Games (the Sims creators) for them!!

Be forewarned, though...in the Sims, pets pee themselves, too.

I'm glad you mentioned this because I saw this also recently and meant to sign my daughter up but forgot about. I just registered and I'm waiting for the activation email and hopefully it will be something she'll enjoy. I'm not thinking it's something that I'll get actively involved with. I'm going to miss VMK so much.

I gave it a try last night and it was actually very cute. The only thing I found to be a hindrance was that unless you have a build-a-bear stuffed animal's code entered into it, you can only speak with the predetermined phrases. At first I tried it that way and it was driving me crazy because people were asking to trade and all I wanted to tell them was "I'm new so I don't have anything yet" but that was not one of the predetermined phrases. Finally I'd had it, so I looked for one of the build-a-bears we had already gotten and entered the code. It was MUCH better once I did that because the chat format ended up being much like VMK's in that it has a limited dictionary for children's safety. There's little quests throughout the game. There's a large variety of mini-games. You can create your own little apartment to fill with various items. You can buy lots of different clothing items. It starts out very much like VMK in that you select how your character will look and choose their starting clothes, but you are also able to choose whatever color in the spectrum to make your clothing. There's a friendslist much like that on VMK, and you can PM those on the list. Honestly, with VMK's demise (unless things turn around, of course), this looks like the closest option that will be left. It doesn't have some of the great VMK features, but I think it has some things VMK does not have, and it's probably worth noting that it's still in its Beta stage so it may improve a lot in the future. I'm going to miss having the Disney items though.

So, if VMK does end up closing and if parents ARE looking for an option that is very similar in format and has the same sorts of safety features, you may want to consider Build-A-Bear-ville. It's the closest I have yet to see. If there is anyone who would really like to play it and can't afford to buy a Build-A-Bear in order to use the chat function, please let me know via PM and I'll see what I can do. My family has purchased some dolls from there and I would have no problem giving some of the key numbers to those children who may need it. :)

I am (BlueHairedMonkey). I just made my no no in the bathroom, so it won't be awkward if you find me.

Cowboy I've done alot of things in the bathroom but you got me stumped. What is a no no?
I have the sims on ps2. Each time I got so far in the game and I would always and I mean always, wet my pants walk over and change a light bulb and get electrocuted. I learned after 3 times like that to do the light bulb first then wet my pants rofl
lol

Cowboy I've done alot of things in the bathroom but you got me stumped. What is a no no?
I have the sims on ps2. Each time I got so far in the game and I would always and I mean always, wet my pants walk over and change a light bulb and get electrocuted. I learned after 3 times like that to do the light bulb first then wet my pants rofl
lol

I am in tears over this. Are you serious? :lmao:

I am in tears over this. Are you serious? :lmao:

Sadly I am dead serious. I would be standing in a yellow puddle changing a light bulb and -eerie music- here comes the grim reaper. Then it turns you in to a ghost. Not much point going to work after that. I wonder how I manage in real life when I cant even get my sim to the bathroom on time, and feed him. Its pretty pathetic. No wonder mom yells at us all the time rofl.
Um Im ashamed to say.....
:)
Rob lol

Oh btw, did you know that even if you dont flush the toilet after a do do it can kill you? Im serious. EA games sure has a sense of humor lol.

lol
Oh my gosh....so many things come to mind that would be better left unsaid! So, they are being left unsaid! Silly boy!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter