• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is everyone heading in 2010?

Hope to do Provence to Paris with a stay over at DLP in June 2010 . Everything is tentative, as is the case with so many others.
(Viva Italia June 2008 was incredible!):dance3:

Decided to switch gears and take a Disney cruise through Northern Europe

Ports of Call:
Dover, England
Oslo, Norway
Copenhagen, Denmark
Warnemünde, Germany (Berlin)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Helsinki, Finland
Stockholm, Sweden

We're perhaps one of the rare ones who are DVC members so after the China trip this summer, we hope to use our points to stay at the new Disney Vacation Club scheduled to open in Oahu (North Shore) next year.

We're perhaps one of the rare ones who are DVC members so after the China trip this summer, we hope to use our points to stay at the new Disney Vacation Club scheduled to open in Oahu (North Shore) next year.

The DVC in Hawaii isn't scheduled to open until sometime in 2011

We are planning on doing Provence/Paris in June of 2010. We will probably add an extra 3 days or so in Paris.

Yes, DVC Hawaii is scheduled for completion in the fall of 2011. And it will be located in west Oahu which is about an 1 1/2 hour drive to downtown Honolulu and Waikiki.

This year will be my first ABD trip. We're going to the Galapagos islands. If all goes well, we may consider another ABD. Usually, we travel on our own, not with tour groups. Two years ago, we went to East Africa and hired our own driver to take us on safari. Two years from now, I hope to go to Bhutan and possibly, Nepal - hey ADB, are you listening?

Galapagos is high on my list for next year. I can't wait until the reports start coming in from that ABD! (Hint, hint, please post!)

And yes, my red panda-obsessed DD would be all over a Nepal adventure.

well, with Southwest Splendors in 20 something days & a TA cruise next April, I don't know if we will make it on an ABD trip next year. But if we do somehow, it'll be either China or Italy (unless they annouce a new one that blows us away):thumbsup2

We are planning on doing Provence/Paris in June of 2010. We will probably add an extra 3 days or so in Paris.

We are thinking of doing the same thing. Right now we are reserved for a DCL Med cruise in 2010. But we have been thinking of doing the France trip plus a week at WDW instead. A lot depends on what ABD offers for 2010 and the DVC point structure. We are also considering the Switzerland/Italy trip.

Looking at booking France trip in August/ September, depending on when all adult trips are offered. I taught school for 26 years and will only go adult only if possible! We are also looking at the Ireland trip. Just can't decide.

Im new to the entire ABD idea. This is actually my first post on this board...but I called today to learn that the dates wont be out until August, anyhow I am planning for Summer 2010 London and Paris:lovestruc

I know this thread is a tad bit early. (ABD Trips for 2010 aren't posted until August 2009.) But does anyone have a trip they're hoping to do in 2010??

I would have loved to do one this summer, but DD is still a bit young -- just turning 5 years old. So we're waiting until next summer when she's six.

We're looking seriously at one of the following:

Alaska - Taming the Last Frontier
Montana/Rockies - Rocky Trails and Mountie Tales
Grand Canyon - Southwest Splendors

We'll definitely do something in the U.S. and outdoors oriented. Of course, we'll wait to see what the new trips are and exact itineraries when they come out. But I LOVE what they're offering now -- and I hope they don't change too much!

...Ireland - either in late May or early June.:cloud9:

So glad I found this board! I received a book from Adventures by Disney but didn't even open it because I thought it was DVC related.

Yesterday I read an Adventures trip report and it looked like so much fun!! Right now, I'm looking at the Hollywood adventure (instead of a Disney cruise).

I'm pathetic. I'm almost as excited about the August announcement of next year's tours as I am our September trip to Peru.

I'm eagerly awaiting reports on the Alaska tour..... Anyone? Bueller?

What would I like to see? I don't generally indulge in such fevered speculations, but wouldn't Japan, including a VIP stay at Tokyo Disney Resort, be fantastic?

However, my better half has decreed no tours next year. But then, that's what he said this time last year...before our Southwest Splendors!

Has anyone heard the exact date the 2010 dates and rates will be published? I know they came out August 1st last year.
We will be enjoying our Galapagos ABD the last week of July & first week of August and although I have told myself I would not look at a computer while I was gone, I may just have to take a peek sometime during my adventure!

thanks!

Dahly

I would like to know when the 2010 dates will be released too (and I wonder if the prices will change...) My husband and I are thinking of doing a 6 or 7 night trip some time in 2010. We are thinking Spain, Ireland, or maybe something else depending on if there are any new trips. However I asked our guide on the Backstage Magic tour a few weeks ago if there would be new trips, and she said she doubted it b/c of the economy :(

I would like to know when the 2010 dates will be released too (and I wonder if the prices will change...) My husband and I are thinking of doing a 6 or 7 night trip some time in 2010. We are thinking Spain, Ireland, or maybe something else depending on if there are any new trips. However I asked our guide on the Backstage Magic tour a few weeks ago if there would be new trips, and she said she doubted it b/c of the economy :(

I think that someone said ABD mentioned it would be in early August or end of July.

Forgive me if I am wrong but were you the one that just went ont he Backstage Magic? If you were how did you like it.

....Ireland perhaps???? I am going in late May to June area:goodvibes & :woohoo:. By the way, how was Backstage Magic???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter