Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

it's a carving on the wall, can you guess what it is now? It's not a bird.

So glad to see DW made it through the hurricane even though Irma, eventually went right over the Animal Kingdom last night! The people in the resorts were singing praises to the Disney staff all night long. If I'm ever in Florida in a hurricane, I definitely want to be in a Disney resort!! They never even lost power or Wifi!

Looks like moose?

i-95Lt47G-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not from a restaurant or shop. :goodvibes :tink:

Attraction?

We dodged a huge bullet with Irma. That little jog to the west did it. Good for us, bad for everybody on the west coast and center of the state. If Disney had the eye crossing overhead, then Terri and her family got clobbered. The eye would have crossed over her before it made it to Disney.

PRAYERS FOR YOU TERRI!!!! Hope all is the best it can be.

Can't tell what's part of the animal and what's just part of the wall :scratchin; a "jungle animal"? :tink:

Looks like moose?

This is from the Skipper's Canteen in Adventureland in the MK. It's a carving on the wall, can you guess what it is now? It's not a bird.

It is a jungle animal so it's not a moose.

Glad to see you made it through last night Ed. With no damage to your place?

Getting worried about Terri......

i-95Lt47G-Th.jpg

This is from an attraction on Main Street. :goodvibes :tink:

The train station?

Thanks for the pictures. I've seen a few on Facebook too. Lots of downed trees but really considering what it could have been, it was pretty good. They will have those trees cleaned up today. The parks are opening back up tomorrow!

Well its been a long two days. We are fine, better than most. We are the only street in our neighborhood with power. No real damage, just a bunch of tree debris. Others in our neighborhood not so lucky, a few with large trees down, a bunch of fences down, most everyone with a screen enclosure lost the screen out of it and one neighbor's whole screen enclose flew over their house and into their front yard and into the yard across the street. Estimated time for power to be restored is days to four weeks. I will be heading to my office to attempt to do payroll, if no power, will be working from home. Husband worked for the past two days straight and is exhausted. The hospital lost power. At one point they lost a generator for a short time which caused a panic until it was fixed. Will be interesting to see what the town looks like tomorrow when I head in.

Ed, I hope you are ok. It amazed me how much damage the East coast had.

Getting worried about Terri......[/QUOTE]

Thanks for thinking of me. We are fine. Our house, trailer, boat and cars all intact! Some of my neighbors didn't fare so well. Neighbor across the street lost more than half his shingles off his roof. We are the only street in our neighborhood with power. We took such a hit in 2004, I think we deserved this pass. Lot of tree debris that we had to clean up, but that was it. Other neighbors lost trees, fences and screen enclosures. My husband said most of the city is without power, will attempt to go into work tomorrow.

Well its been a long two days. We are fine, better than most. We are the only street in our neighborhood with power. No real damage, just a bunch of tree debris. Others in our neighborhood not so lucky, a few with large trees down, a bunch of fences down, most everyone with a screen enclosure lost the screen out of it and one neighbor's whole screen enclose flew over their house and into their front yard and into the yard across the street. Estimated time for power to be restored is days to four weeks. I will be heading to my office to attempt to do payroll, if no power, will be working from home. Husband worked for the past two days straight and is exhausted. The hospital lost power. At one point they lost a generator for a short time which caused a panic until it was fixed. Will be interesting to see what the town looks like tomorrow when I head in.

So happy to hear you are good!!! For being a little distance away I was very surprised at the winds that we got. Easily cat 1 winds with gusts into cat 2. And the really bad winds came after the rain bands stopped. No damage to my house, parents house, and brother's house.

So happy to hear you are good!!! For being a little distance away I was very surprised at the winds that we got. Easily cat 1 winds with gusts into cat 2. And the really bad winds came after the rain bands stopped. No damage to my house, parents house, and brother's house.

AWESOME! :thumbsup2 We observed that too...the stronger winds here were after the storm had moved on and the rain stopped. I also thought, since it moved further to the west you'd be spared some of those stronger winds but then I remember how huge that sucker was. :faint: Will still be a long few days ahead while the power is being restored and the gas stations can start functioning again...AND the cleanup (worked a little in my yard again today with cleanup) :faint: but could be a lot worse. :tink:

Glad you are ok and still have power.

Getting worried about Terri......

Thanks for thinking of me. We are fine. Our house, trailer, boat and cars all intact! Some of my neighbors didn't fare so well. Neighbor across the street lost more than half his shingles off his roof. We are the only street in our neighborhood with power. We took such a hit in 2004, I think we deserved this pass. Lot of tree debris that we had to clean up, but that was it. Other neighbors lost trees, fences and screen enclosures. My husband said most of the city is without power, will attempt to go into work tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

:yay: Two down and one to go...been thinking of my Florida friends all day and hearing you made it through okay is a relief; now waiting for some word from a friend in Lakeland. You received some major pixie dust pixiedust: being the only street in your neighborhood with power! :yay: How super is that! Sounds like your neighborhood received it's fair amount of damage though. Lots of cleanup ahead. Your house may be the "gathering point" for neighbors seeking a cool place to rest for a while...sure hope it doesn't take 4 weeks for power but I've heard those estimates a lot. :( Lots of help coming in from other states and they'll get everyone up and running as soon as humanly possible. Hope your husband is finally getting some rest...made me think of DH after Hurricane Ike. When he finally arrived at the Poly 3 1/2 days after we did this was the first thing he did...

i-wC9WCdT-M.jpg
:rotfl2:. I have a good friend who's a delivery room nurse. She worked 5 days straight, catching short naps when she could, during Hurricane Harvey. Her replacements were flooded in and she couldn't get back to Bellville due to the flooded roads so she stayed on duty! She slept 16 hours straight the first night home then went to the coastal area to help her sister with "clean up duty". :faint:

Good luck on your payroll tomorrow and thank you so much for checking in. Sending hugs :grouphug: and very thankful no serious damage. :dance3: :tink:

Last edited:
The train station?

Thanks for the pictures. I've seen a few on Facebook too. Lots of downed trees but really considering what it could have been, it was pretty good. They will have those trees cleaned up today. The parks are opening back up tomorrow!

You're welcome on the pictures; they say they'll have the parks up and running tomorrow but AK and HS may open later than normal. AK had a LOT of tree damage and really wouldn't surprise me if it remained closed tomorrow. But then...Disney DOES work magic! pixiedust:

i-95Lt47G-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not from the Train Station. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter