Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

You're welcome on the pictures; they say they'll have the parks up and running tomorrow but AK and HS may open later than normal. AK had a LOT of tree damage and really wouldn't surprise me if it remained closed tomorrow. But then...Disney DOES work magic! pixiedust:

i-95Lt47G-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not from the Train Station. :tink:

The Meet and Greet in the Town Square Theater building?

Glad you are okay Terri! That must have been a scary night for you! You home alone? with your son? and your husband with the power going out at the hospital!! :eek: Whoever fixed that generator is a hero! Should check your generators before the hurricane! Glad your RV is okay! :yay:

Disney is amazing the way they have handled this! They were so well prepared. They kept the guest so busy and happy in the resorts!! All the buffets that are normally $40 were $20 and they encouraged people to take food with them back to their rooms! Lots of games and activities! Free movies and video games!

I am glad everyone is safe
I was watching live feeds on Facebook all Sunday night and then a lot of videos of the clean up this morning

Even saw a news cast as they flew over the magic kingdom this morning to see all the damage and there was nothing really major maiming just debri and some fallen trees

Last edited:

Is it some kind of pig/hog? :tink:

This is from the Skipper's Canteen in Adventureland in the MK. It's a carving on the wall, can you guess what it is now? It's not a bird.

It is a jungle animal so it's not a moose. It's not a hog or pig but it is a 4 legged animal.

Ya I was watching new news from the hospital because emily had an appendicitis and had to have it removed

She was in a lot of pain sat night Sunday morning we ending up in the ER at 9:30am and by around 5:00 they decided that she needed surgery and booked her in for that night

Lucky it was a slow night and they were able to do it the same day so she had it around 7pm and by 9:30 she was done and in recovery

Then I picked her up this morning around 10 and she has been st home resting

She has taken the week off of work because she cane lift anything over 10lbs
Her mom is coming over during the week to help out with James while I am st work I took today off so I can pick her up and do some running around but going back tomorrow James will be in school during the day but he is out at 4:30 and I usually don't get home until 6

Last edited:
This is from the Skipper's Canteen in Adventureland in the MK. It's a carving on the wall, can you guess what it is now? It's not a bird.

It is a jungle animal so it's not a moose. It's not a hog or pig but it is a 4 legged animal.

Rino?

DANG...saw the debris covered sidewalks this morning but not the fence and light pole damage at the pool. What a mess! Another lady said AKL had flooding in the lobby and the Poly Great Ceremonial House did too. Kidani had quite a bit of damage too. Disney had 5,000 CM's "volunteer" for "stay and be ready" duty; I'm sure they worked HARD today to clear some of the debris. Anxious for a report from AK, sounds like it had quite a bit of damage. :tink:

Ya I was watching new news from the hospital because emily had an appendicitis and had to have it removed

She was in a lot of pain sat night Sunday morning we ending up in the ER at 9:30am and by around 5:00 they decided that she needed surgery and booked her in for that night

Lucky it was a slow night and they were able to do it the same day so she had it around 7pm and by 9:30 she was done and in recovery

Her mom is coming over during the week to help out with James while I am st work I took today off so I can pick her up and do some running around but going back tomorrow James will be in school during the day but he is out at 4:30 and I usually don't get home until 6

Oh! So sorry! Hope she feels better soon! :flower3:

Poor Emily :grouphug:. Glad they weren't to busy and were able to get it done quickly. I'm sure she'll be "sore" for the week. Glad her mom is available to help with James. That's one of the hardest things about certain kinds of surgery...not being able to lift anything over 10 pounds! Been there, done that and you don't realize how "heavy" some things are. :rolleyes: Give her a hug from us...but at least you had time to watch the news. :goodvibes :tink:

The Meet and Greet in the Town Square Theater building?

Glad you are okay Terri! That must have been a scary night for you! You home alone? with your son? and your husband with the power going out at the hospital!! :eek: Whoever fixed that generator is a hero! Should check your generators before the hurricane! Glad your RV is okay! :yay:

Disney is amazing the way they have handled this! They were so well prepared. They kept the guest so busy and happy in the resorts!! All the buffets that are normally $40 were $20 and they encouraged people to take food with them back to their rooms! Lots of games and activities! Free movies and video games!

My sister and her two kids came over from Bradenton and my son was here. Husband boarded up house so we felt safe. My husband is the lead electrician at the hospital, so the generators are his babies, that why he was in such a panic when one went out! He got it back up in running in a short time, but for them at the hospital I am sure it felt like for ever.

Drove up to my office and still no power. Lots of trees down, but no damage on the building itself. Our office is an old house built in the 30's, so i was glad it was ok. Brought some work home and will try to get payroll done. Here are a few pictures from my neighborhood.
n 1.jpg n 5.jpg tree down.jpg road.jpg pool enc 2.jpg pool enc 3.jpg n 2.jpg

My sister and her two kids came over from Bradenton and my son was here. Husband boarded up house so we felt safe. My husband is the lead electrician at the hospital, so the generators are his babies, that why he was in such a panic when one went out! He got it back up in running in a short time, but for them at the hospital I am sure it felt like for ever.

I had to chuckle a little on the generator problem ONLY because it's SO nice to know others have that same problem! No matter HOW many times you check equipment the ONE time you need it, it's probably not going to work. :rotfl: That happened to DH SO many times when he was County Commissioner (and now with our personal equipment). He'd go over EVERY thing 2-3 times and no problems; get's to the equipment the night of a storm and BAM...something ALWAYS needs, ahhh...shall we say a nice "kick" :rolleyes1...to get it running. Tell him he is NOT alone in that experience, just glad he could get it running. :hug: Your neighborhood is a MESS! :faint: I can "hear the sound of chain saws" as I type this. Someone on another thread had posted a picture of the rain from one of the first bands outside his back door, past his screened in pool. I'm wondering how many of those nice screened areas were ruined? Has your sister been able to return to Tampa or is she staying in place with you a few more days? From what I'm reading gas is in short supply. I know Florida needs the "tourist dollar" but I really wish people had enough compassion to delay travel to your state until this state of emergency eases a little. You guys need that gas for cleanu, GENERATORS AND to get back to your offices. I'd be pretty resentful if I were a Floridian and the car in front of me from Texas got the last gas at that station :rotfl:...unless I were there for rescue and recovery. I wish people would "give it a week or so" before they started flocking back. Just my personal opinion but I feel for y'all...I know I don't "want any guests" at my house after a week of total stress, a hurricane and now cleanup. Hope you get your work done at home...SO thankful you still have power! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter