What's with the Menu Changes?

I thought this was funny(interesting).... when I noticed your location -London, KY

Where I live....its Sea Food resturants that you can't get into for lunch or dinner :thumbsup2
I always thought Disney was crazy with way too many steaks and way too much red meat :cool2:

I love steak (but not being from the mid-west) we eat it a few times a year. Fish, shrimp, crab, lobster, and chicken are all much more common resturant meals, for many of us who live on the coast. pirate:
I had to laugh.:)

I lived in San Francisco until 5 years ago. Except for ONE visit to Ruth's Chris with someone from out of town I don't think I EVER saw anyone order beef - I'm talking about decades there. I used to joke and say "It must be against the law".

I spend about half my time in New Orleans now - I almost always order seafood just because it is so wonderful there.

I love a really good steak, but I detest a mediocre one. I rarely order a steak unless I know the restaurant is known for really good meat.

Again, the simplest explanation for my previous post is that the most obvious explanation for something is usually the right one. The most obvious reason for changes to the DDP is financial. As we all like to say over & over, Disney is a business so the fact that they operate in a manner that minimizes loss and maximizes profits shouldn't be a subtle point and is, IMO, fairly obvious.

As to the case of my response to the previous poster, I made the point that if one isn't content to look at the obvious explanation for something then any political answer is as good as another. Looking for more than is there (and disregarding the obvious) leads you to believe something that wasn't intended when I said what I said.

:confused: I think you missed the point of the post you quoted in this reply.

That same 'dumbed down, everything's, the same, it's the DDP's fault' came up last year around the free promotion time and pops up occasionally during the year. Yes, SOME menus have changed SOME items. But removing steak from the Chefs de France menu and adding back the duck (the previous loss of which generated another huge outcry) is NOT a dumbing down or cutback of uniqueness in any way, especially given that steak is available at MOST Disney restaurants.
Non-Disney-owned Wolfgang Puck Cafe removed several menu items from its downstairs location which participates in the DDP and made them available Upstairs, which doesn't. WPC still has a variety of choices on its menu, just not the expensive ones that free DDP-ers (or DDP-ers in general) were hoping to eat to get the most bang for their (non-)buck.

Menu changes? Sure. Dumbing down? I respectfully disagree.
:thumbsup2

I don't buy that the menu is changing because people don't want steak, red meat or chicken or because of "dieting". Not everyone is a vegetarian.

Out of ALL of our local resturants the steak house is the one you can't get into at lunch, dinner or any other time of the day without waiting.

I agree. Maybe the majority of people who complained don't like meat and potatos but try getting an adr for LeCellier.

Steve

Off the top of my head (okay, off the http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=128 page ;)), they do still offer the Steak & Fish entree.
AND they've added back the Shepherd's Pie.
AND the Prime Rib and the Salmon have been off the menu since at LEAST May (see the Rose & Crown menu at allearsnet, dated/received 05/07), so the removal of those two entrees cannot be attributed to free dining.

First off I didn't mention free dining did I??

Second, I don't want Sheppards Pie and I can get the fish at the CS for a lot less. My wife enjoys the prime rib and I the salmon, we've been getting it there for 15+ years.

Hey, if the menu doesn't appeal to us any longer we won't be going, you can have my adr.

Thanks for the menu link but I know my way around the Dis and Debs menus.

Steve

Okay, let's see... you're right, you didn't mention free dining, I apologize; I know you know your way around the DIS, but a lot of people don't realize there are menus available right here; and, um, what day/time is that adr you're offering me? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter