What's the most amount of laundry you have done in a day

When the kids were home 7 or 8 on a normal day. More after the kids had been at camp or we had been on vacation.

There are only two of us in the house and I do at least 7 a week ..... usually all in one day. When the kids were here, there were many days when I did at least a dozen.

Assuming the house is clean how do you entertain yourself while the laundry is going

I don't sit around and wait for laundry to finish. Even if the house isn't clean, I (or DH, he does more laundry) just do whatever I'm doing. Sometimes I will load/unload the dishwasher, vacuum, or clean a bathroom or two. Today, I put laundry in then took a shower, took DS to a bday party and went to the store with DH. Put wet stuff in the dryer and started another load in the washer when we came home. Maybe I'll read a book, watch a movie, play online or start dinner (crockpot today). If DH is doing laundry, he will start it then go out to the wood shop for awhile if the rest of us are at work/school. If we are doing laundry on Sunday, we might throw a load in then go to the IL's house for dinner and put in the dryer when we get back.

I think max was probably 7 when the hot water heater broke and was sending tons of water into the boy's room. Normally I do 2 a day, but with bedding I push it to 3. We are on septic now, so we SHOULDN'T do more than 2 loads a day. When we are sick or bedding is being done, that rule gets broken.

Just ne being frustrated with my self for putting in stupid responses and irrational fear that my clothes will get mildew on them because I did not get to a stoping place in time

Somewhere between 11 and 14 loads the week the washer went out and the in laws came for a visit. Had everything stacked up deep in the laundry room.

When the kids were all home we did abt 14 loads a week.

Now that there are only 3 of us and dd plays or practices soccer every day, it's about 1 per day or at least every other day..

Just ne being frustrated with my self for putting in stupid responses and irrational fear that my clothes will get mildew on them because I did not get to a stoping place in time

I have started a load in the washer in the morning and forgot about it or left it until after work for whatever reason and haven't had any problems. I've also done the same thing at night; put a load in and didn't put it in the dryer before we went to bed. I don't make a habit of it, but it has happened.

Back when my kids were growing up, I did most of the laundry on Saturday. It was usually 5 loads. DH wore dress shirts and ties, and dress pants to work. He always took his work clothes to the dry cleaners, so they would be clean and freshly pressed. I only had to wash his casual clothes. Now I do maybe 3 (at most) loads,

I have no idea what my record is, but I typically do 1-3 loads a day for a family of 5 with 3 daughters who have sports and oldest has a job with a uniform. I do more when I wash bedding and right after vacation or when the stomach bug hits.

I work from home. Wash a 1/2 to 3/4 load every day. My wife, son, and I really only need two of everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter